Wife of poisoned lottery Winner tried to cash check days after his death

Lottery winner poisoned

The wife of a man who died of cyanide poisoning attempted to claim his $1 million lottery winnings in the days following his mysterious death.

Urooj Khan, 46, right, collapsed and died at his Chicago home in July after consuming a meal of Indian Kofta curry prepared by his wife, Shabana Ansari, 32, (pictured left).

Urooj Khan’s brother, ImTiaz Khan, accused Ansari of attempting to claim her husband’s winnings but she was unable to do so.

Read more…




 

Wife of Poisoned Lottery Winner: ‘I Loved Him to Death’

Lottery winner poisoned

Poisoned Lottery winner Urooj Khan’s wife, Shabana Ansari, told a reporter she prepared her husband’s final meal the night he collapsed and died in July.

The family, including Khan’s 17-year-old daughter from a previous marriage, Jasmeen, and Ansari’s father, sat down to eat a traditional dinner of Indian Kofta curry at the beginning of the holiest month for Muslims.

Ansari, 32, told the Chicago Sun-Times that Khan, 46, complained he wasn’t feeling well after dinner. She said he retired early, falling asleep in a chair. He awoke hours later in agony, and collapsed. She called 911.

Read more…




 

Lottery Winner Fatally Poisoned After Collecting His Winnings

Lottery winner poisoned

A Chicago man was fatally poisoned one day after collecting his lottery winnings, NBC News reports.

Urooj Khan, a native of India, died July 20 — one day after he collected a lump sum of $425,000 on a winning $1 million scratch off instant lottery ticket.

Khan, 46, was buried after the medical examiner’s office determined that he died of natural causes. An autopsy revealed that Khan had no physical injuries and no unusual substances in his body.

But one week after his death, Khan’s family asked the medical examiner’s office to take a second look into his death.

Read more…