Photo by The Boston Globe via Getty Images

A second Kevin Spacey accuser has committed suicide. Ari Behn, 47, died by suicide the same day Spacey returned to YouTube in a bizarre Christmas video.

Behn, who was previously married to Norwegian princess Martha Louise, accused Spacey, 60, of reaching under a table and grabbing his genitals twice at a Nobel Prize concert in 2007. Behn would have been around 35 at the time of the alleged incident.

"I have a little #MeToo story about Kevin Spacey," Behn said in late 2017.

"We were having a nice chat where we spoke about theater and drama... After minutes, he said 'Hey, let's go out and have a cigarette,' then he grabbed me under the table right in the balls."

The news of Behn's death comes after Spacey posted a bizarre Christmas video on YouTube.

In the video, Spacey sits by a roaring fire while wearing a holiday sweater.

Speaking in the voice of his House of Cards character, Spacey said, "You didn't really think I was going to miss the opportunity to wish you a merry Christmas, did you? It's been a pretty good year and I'm grateful to have my health back and in light of that I've made some changes in my life and I'd like to invite you to join me."

Spacey concluded:

"The next time someone does something you don't like you can go on the attack but you can also hold your fire and do the unexpected, you can kill them with kindness.”

 

Behn's death marks the third passing of a person who accused Spacey of sexual assault.

Earlier this year, Linda Culkin, a nurse who accused Spacey of sexual battery against one of her patients, was hit by a car as she crossed an intersection.

Police said Culkin crossed while the light was green. The driver swerved to avoid her and hit another car head on. Both drivers were not seriously injured. Police did not file charges.

Months later, a middle-aged massage therapist who accused Spacey of sex assault when the man was a teenager died by suicide.

The man's attorney asked Spacey to give the family 90 days to grieve and to "substitute his estate," but Spacey filed a notice of death in court the next day.

Los Angeles prosecutors dropped the sexual battery case after the accuser died, and Massachusetts prosecutors also dropped the criminal case against Spacey.

On Nov. 8, 2017, former Boston news anchor Heather Unruh held a press conference in Boston, during which she tearfully accused Spacey of allegedly groping her then-18-year-old son. The incident allegedly occurred in July 2016 at the Club Carr restaurant on Nantucket Island.

The teenager said he texted his girlfriend while Spacey groped him. But Spacey's attorneys spent months trying to obtain the cell phone and copies of the text messages. A lawyer for the teen told prosecutors the phone was missing.

When Unruh turned over the cell phone to police in 2017, she admitted she deleted some of the text messages. On June 26, 2019, her son filed a lawsuit against Spacey, claiming emotional damages.

The lawsuit was dropped two weeks later "with prejudice", meaning it can't be filed again.

Since being accused of sex abuse, Spacey's movie projects have been canceled and his bookings have dried up.

The sex scandals have brought down power players like Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, Adam Venit, Bryan Singer and Brett Ratner.

No photo

Photos: NYPD

A NYPD detective working the murder case of 18-year-old college student Tessa Majors was previously accused of falsifying evidence in an unrelated case.

The Gothamist identified the detective as Wilfredo Acevedo who has been sued at least twice for making false statements in a previous case.

Acevedo and another officer were sued by a New York man who claimed they planted evidence in his apartment and accused him of a shooting in 2015.

The man was held in custody for one year and released after the charges were dropped.

Acevedo was sued by another New York resident who accused the detective of falsely arresting him on drug and gun charges. The city later settled the lawsuit for $50,000.

The manhunt has expanded for a 14-year-old boy believed to have stabbed Majors multiple times during an attempted robbery in a park on Manhattan's west side.

Police released three photos of the unnamed suspect and asked the public to call in with tips. The MYPD normally does not release photos of or identify underage suspects, but the boy is a fugitive and considered extremely dangerous.

The boy was being driven to a police station by a relative on Dec. 16, when, the relative claims, the boy jumped out of the car and fled at a Harlem intersection.

But investigators don't believe that story and the relative has since stopped cooperating with the investigation.

Police have a 13-year-old boy in custody who will be charged as a juvenile in the murder case. The boy told investigators that he and two friends - both 14 - went to Morningside Park around 8 p.m. on Dec. 11 to rob someone.

They spotted Majors walking alone in the park and attempted to steal her backpack. But Majors resisted and fought back.

The 13-year-old told police the 14-year-old suspect stabbed Majors in the face and upper body. She died from internal bleeding that same night.

Surveillance video supports the 13-year-old boy's account of the murder, his lawyer says.

The third suspect was taken into custody and questioned in the presence of his mother and a lawyer. He was released after he invoked his right to remain silent, police told the New York Times.

Majors was a journalism and music student in her freshman year at Barnard College when she was killed.

Anyone with information on the 14-year-old suspect's whereabouts is asked to call the NYPD Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).

No photo

Screenshot: YouTube.com

A Brooklyn woman who was previously arrested for credit card theft and identity theft will receive $625,000 from the city after a wild confrontation with NYPD in a Brooklyn welfare office went viral.

Jazmine Headley's confrontation with NYPD cops was captured on cell phone video that went viral online in 2018.

Many sympathized with the 23-year-old single mom after she threw herself on the floor when security guards asked her to leave the welfare office.

Headley had taken a day off from her job as a security guard to go to the food stamp office in Brooklyn to ask why daycare vouchers for her 1-year-old son were cut off.

The food stamp office was crowded and Headley took a seat on the floor with her baby son, Damone.

Human Resources officers asked Headley to stand up because she was blocking a hallway and arguing with others in the office. When she refused to leave, staffers called police.

Cellphone video showed an officer trying to take Headley's baby son away from her as she rolled around on the floor screaming.

Headley filed lawsuits against the city and the NYPD, which settled out of court for $625,000. Her attorney will get as much as 40% of the settlement.

"Ms. Headley had been humiliated, assaulted, physically injured, threatened with a taser, brutally separated from her son, handcuffed, arrested, and jailed," her attorney stated in court documents.

The lawyer claimed Damone "displayed changed behaviors," after the incident, including "a diminished appetite, separation anxiety, and difficulty sleeping, and he became more withdrawn."

In addition to the taxpayer-funded $625,000, Headley also received $37,000 in donations raised by a GoFundMe page.

The city's mayor and other prominent officials apologized to Headley.

"We hope this settlement brings Ms. Headley and her family a degree of closure," said Mayor de Blasio's spokesperson Olivia Lapeyrolerie.
 

Kali9/Getty Images

A Georgia sheriff is determined to protect children by putting "no trick-or-treat" signs in the yards of registered sex offenders.

Registered sex offenders in Butts County are suing the Sheriff's Office for putting signs in their yards to discourage young trick-or-treaters, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

Christopher Reed, Reginald Holden and Corey McClendon have asked a judge to order the law enforcement agency to stop warning children to avoid their homes on Halloween.

The registered sex offenders say deputies are trespassing on their land to place the unwanted signage.

The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court in Macon, Georgia, after Butts County deputies began placing the signs last year.

The signs read: "NO TRICK-OR-TREAT AT THIS ADDRESS!! A COMMUNITY SAFETY MESSAGE FROM BUTTS COUNTY SHERIFF GARY LONG."

No photo

Butts County Sheriff's Office

Sheriff Long reportedly asked 200 sex offenders in the county to display their own signs in their yards, or face unspecified consequences.

A hearing is set for Thursday at 9:30 a.m. for a judge to decide whether the signs violate the rights of sex offenders.

Ariel Skelley/Getty Images

In the meantime, Sheriff Long's deputies will continue to plant signs in the yards of all sex offenders to protect the children in the county.

"Regardless of the Judge's ruling this Thursday, I WILL do everything within the letter of the Law to protect the children of this Community," the sheriff wrote on Facebook.

The lawsuit seeks a jury trial and financial compensation for the stress, fear and humiliation the signs caused last year.

No photo

Facebook.com

Joshua Brown, the Amber Guyger witness who was gunned down on Friday night in Dallas, was set to testify in a wrongful death lawsuit against the Dallas Police Department when he was killed.

Brown, 28, gave key testimony against Guyger, 31, on day 2 of her murder trial for killing Botham Jean, 26. She was convicted of murder and sentenced to 10 years in prison.

Brown was shot to death 2 days after Guyger was sentenced.

Jean's mother is suing the city, citing the Dallas Police Department for failure to properly train Guyger.

The attorney for the Jean family, S. Lee Merritt, stopped just short of accusing the police of assassinating Brown.

No photo

Facebook.com

"It is a possibility," Merritt said. "I don't have any evidence other than the timing, but I am not ruling anything out. But what I do know is that Joshua was targeted. This was an assassination. He pulled into his parking lot and he was shot. The perpetrators fled. They didn't steal anything from him."

Witnesses reported seeing a silver four-door sedan speeding out of the parking lot after the shooting.

"This is a kid who had no gang ties, there was no lover's quarrel," said Merritt. "He was an AirBnB host and roofer. All the usual suspects of crime, drugs and sex are simply not there."

No photo

Universal Images Group via Getty Images

Most people are aware that there are no expectations of privacy online. But a lawsuit is accusing home improvement stores Lowe's and Home Depot of scanning customers faces without permission.

According to the Cook County Record, Home Depot and Lowe's are accused of secretly using facial recognition technology to identify customers (and their children) as soon as they enter their stores.

Two recent class action lawsuits accused the home improvement stores of scanning customers faces when they enter the store.

The plaintiffs accused the stores of violating the Illinois state law by "surreptitiously" scanning customers' faces as they moved about the chains' stores.

The lawsuit accuses Lowe's and Home Depot of failing to inform customers that their biometric data is being collected, or obtaining written consent for snapping their photos from different angles and uploading the photos to their databases.

Most people agree to have their photos taken for a driver's license or government ID. But no consent is obtained for photos when consumers are out shopping with their families, who don't give permission for stores to scan their children's faces.

Facial recognition technology, also known as face printing, is already in use at major police departments and government agencies for the purpose of catching fugitive in crowds, such as at concerts and sporting events.

50 Cent

50 Cent is considering taking legal action after a New York commander told officers to shoot the rapper "on sight" after a dispute over a nightclub's liquor license.

Deputy Inspector Emanuel Gonzalez is now under investigation after he allegedly told officers during a morning roll call at a Brooklyn precinct last summer to shoot the rapper on sight, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Read more »

Male cheerleader

New Orleans Saints fans are still fuming over the no call in the 4th quarter of the NFC championship game that resulted in the L.A. Rams going to Super Bowl LIII in Atlanta. Saints ticket-holders filed a lawsuit against the NFL to force both teams to replay part of the 4th quarter.

Read more »

Chris Brown

Chris Brown, who was arrested in Paris, France on suspicion of rape, is planning to sue his accuser for slander.

The 29-year-old singer/songwriter was arrested along with two members of his entourage on Monday, Jan. 19, after the woman filed a sexual assault complaint against the musician.

Read more »

Salim and Mara Brock Akil

Oprah Winfrey's OWN Network canceled it's romance drama Love Is_ after just one season following allegations of domestic violence against executive producer and showrunner Salim Akil, husband of the show's executive producer Mara Brock Akil.

Read more »