Photo by David Dee Delgado/Getty Images

The jury in Harvey Weinstein's criminal trial sent a note to the judge saying they were deadlocked on 2 key counts Friday afternoon. But the judge sent them back to continue deliberating.

The 12-person jury members are hung on the first and/or third charges, for predatory sexual assault, and unanimous on the three remaining counts, TheWrap.com reported.

Photo by Scott Heins/Getty Images

The disgraced Hollywood producer is on trial for 2 charges of predatory sexual assault and one charge each for first and third-degree rape. He is also hit with a first-degree criminal sexual act charge stemming from the allegations of three women: Miriam Haley, Jessica Mann, and Annabella Sciorra.

The women, who went voluntarily to Weinstein's hotel room, claim he forced them into depraved sexual acts. The women kept in contact with Weinstein after the alleged attacks. One even gave him her new phone number when she changed it.

Photo may have been deleted

Photos: NBC.com, Getty Images

Charles Barkley said fellow NBA legend Kobe Bryant should be remembered for both his NBA legacy and that 2003 rape case.

Bryant, 41, died in a helicopter crash with his daughter, Gianna, and seven others in Calabasas, California last month.

Barkley told NBC's Today Show that the Los Angeles Lakers great can be remembered for both his NBA achievements and his rape case.

"You have to tell the picture in totality," Barkley said. "We're not making Kobe out to be no hero. We're celebrating his basketball excellence. We understand what happened in Colorado. That's fair, but two things can be true."

Photo by Kevin Mazur/Getty Images

Barkley, who is pictured with Bryant and his wife Vanessa at the 2016 ESPYs, argued that the rape allegations against Bryant should not be ignored just because they make people uncomfortable.

Television journalist Gayle King was dragged on social media after she asked former WNBA star Lisa Leslie about the rape case affecting Bryant's legacy.

Bryant's angry fans included rapper Snoop Dogg, who threatened King and called her a "dog faced b*tch".

Snoop Dogg, 48, has since apologized twice for disrespecting King, 65.

Bryant was accused of raping a 19-year-old desk clerk at a Colorado resort in 2003. The charges were dropped after the woman accepted an out-of-court settlement and refused to testify.

Photo may have been deleted

Photos by Getty Images

Oprah Winfrey broke down in tears while discussing her bestie Gayle King's troubles on Friday.

King, 65, was heavily criticized and "cancelled" on social media in response to a video clip of her interview with former WNBA star Lisa Leslie.

Winfrey, 66, choked up during an appearance on "Today" with Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager. She described the harsh backlash against King, who asked Leslie if Kobe Bryant's NBA legacy would be "complicated" by old rape allegations from 2003.

"She's not doing well," Winfrey said as she teared up. "She is not doing well because she now has death threats and has to travel with security. She is feeling very much attacked."

Winfrey was referring to the savage online bullying fueled by rude rappers such as Snoop Dogg and 50 Cent, and even NBA star LeBron James.

King said she planned to have intense discussions with CBS over their choice of promos clips.

"I am mortified. I am embarrassed and I am very angry. Unbeknownst to me, my network put up a clip from a very wide-ranging interview - totally taken out of context - and when you see it that way, it's very jarring. It's jarring to me. I didn't even know anything about it."

CBS was quick to respond to King's allegations on Thursday.

"Gayle conducted a thoughtful, wide-ranging interview with Lisa Leslie about the legacy of Kobe Bryant. An excerpt was posted that did not reflect the nature and tone of the full interview. We are addressing the internal process that led to this and changes have already been made."

 

Photo may have been deleted

Photos: C-Span, J. Emilio Flores/Getty Images

A Washington Post journalist was suspended after she tweeted about Kobe Bryant's rape case hours after the Los Angeles Lakers legend and his 13-year-old daughter, Gianna "Gigi" Bryant, died along with seven others in a fiery helicopter crash in extremely foggy conditions on Sunday, Jan. 26.

Felicia Sonmez, a political reporter for the Post, linked to a 2016 newspaper story about Bryant's alleged rape of a 19-year-old Colorado woman. The sexual assault charge against Bryant was later dropped.

Photo may have been deleted

Sonmez complained that she received "abuse and death threats" from thousands of Bryant fans after she tweeted the link to a Daily Beast story.

She commented:

"Well, THAT was eye-opening. To the 10,000 people (literally) who have commented and emailed me with abuse and death threats, please take a moment and read the story - which was written 3+ years ago and not by me."

She continued:

"Any public figure is worth remembering in their totality, even if that public figure is beloved and that totality unsettling. That folks are responding with rage and threats toward me (someone who didn't even write the piece but found it well-reported) speaks volumes about the pressure people come under to stay silent in these cases."

The reaction was swift, as many Bryant fans labeled Sonmez a "terrible person" and generated the hashtag #firefeliciasonmez.

One Twitter user wrote: @washingtonpost @JeffBezos you can't possibly continue to employ this classless, unsympathetic, and unremorseful a person as @feliciasonmez. I don't agree with cancel culture but this is an exception."

Photo may have been deleted

Photo may have been deleted

Photo may have been deleted

Photo may have been deleted

Another reporter for MSNBC also came under fire when she made a Freudian slip and said "ni**er" while covering the tragic crash.

The investigation into the crash is ongoing.

Wesley Hitt/Getty Images

Kellen Winslow II pleaded guilty to 2 felony counts of rape and waived his right to a retrial before opening statements were set to begin on Monday, Nov. 4.

The former NY Jets tight end was set to be retried on Monday after a jury was hopelessly deadlocked on multiple counts of felony rape in the first trial in June.

Winslow pleaded guilty to the rape of a 17-year-old girl when he was 19. Winslow hesitated to plead guilty several times in court. "I'm not pressuring you," said the judge. "You don't have to plead guilty and we can proceed with your trial."

Winslow ultimately pleaded guilty to count 6 and count 9 in exchange for a sentence of 12-18 years in prison.

"Your honor, I pray to God that you give me 12 [years] and I can go home to my family as soon as possible, your honor," said Winslow.

"You could get 18 years... do you understand that?" the judge responded.

Winslow will be held without bail pending sentencing in February 2020. The jury, who waited all day for the trial to begin, was called into the courtroom to be told the defendant pleaded guilty.

Winslow, 36, was previously convicted of raping a middle aged woman in Encinitas, California. He was also accused of 2 additional rapes and exposing himself to two other women.

The courtroom decorum was disrupted during a recess when Winslow's dad, NFL Hall of Fame tight end Kellen Winslow Sr., 61, yelled at the prosecutor for looking at him.

"Do not look over here!" Winslow Sr. shouted in the court room. Winslow Sr. was chastised for yelling and he was not present in court when his son pleaded guilty.

Winslow was convicted in June of forcible rape and misdemeanor indecent exposure and lewd conduct. But the jurors deadlocked on other charges related to the alleged rape of a 54-year-old hitchhiker in Encinitas.

Jane Doe #5 accepted a ride from Winslow, who took her behind a shopping center and allegedly raped her. The woman initially identified Winslow's attorney, who is also mixed race, as the man who raped her.

Winslow also allegedly raped a 17-year-old girl -- Jane Doe 4 -- in 2003 at a Scripps Ranch house party, according to ABC affiliate 10 News in San Diego.

Winslow, who is a married father of one, was acquitted of masturbating in front of Jane Doe 5 - a 77-year-old woman - at a Carlsbad, Calif. gym in February.

In his closing argument during the first trial, Deputy District Attorney Dan Owens told the jury that Winslow "took from these women what he wanted. Kellen Winslow took from these women again and again and again. This man took what he wanted from them and threw them away like trash because that's what he thought of them."
 

Kevin Mazur/Getty Images

Text messages allegedly sent by Antonio Brown to Britney Taylor, the woman who accused him of rape, have been released. Taylor filed a federal lawsuit on Tuesday, accusing the All-Pro wide receiver of raping her on multiple occasions.

After the alleged rapes, Taylor, 28, claims Brown sent her disparaging text messages before apologizing soon afterwards.

Taylor says she met Brown in Bible study when they were student-athletes at Central Michigan University. Brown hired her as his personal trainer in June 2017. The rapes allegedly occurred in June 2017.

The profanity-laced text messages, which are dated June 29, appear to show Brown accusing Taylor and her mother of plotting to "come up" by accusing him of misconduct.

In one message, Brown, 31, tells Taylor, "Next time u n your momma plotting on a come up make sure u all hoes pick the right man dum ass hoes!" [sic].

No photo

The former gymnast said the first rape incident occurred when "Brown exposed himself and kissed [her] without her consent."

Taylor says she forgave Brown after he apologized and promised it would never happen again.

Joe Sargent/Getty Images

The second rape occurred not long after the first incident, when Taylor claims "Brown cornered [her] forced her onto a bed, shoved her face into the mattress, and forcibly raped her" from behind.

She said she resisted but Brown was "too strong and physically overpowered her." He continued the assault despite her saying "No" and pleading with him to "Stop."

After accepting his second apology, Taylor believed he was sincere. Then the third rape happened, according to court papers.

Through her attorneys, the attractive born-again Christian says she came forward to help other women and not for monetary gain.

"As a rape victim of Antonio Brown, deciding to speak out has been an incredibly difficult decision... Speaking out removes the shame that I have felt for the past year and places it on the person responsible for my rape."

Kevin Mazur/Getty Images

Antonio Brown's former personal trainer has accused the New England Patriots wide receiver of raping her on multiple occasions.

The federal lawsuit was filed in the southern district of Florida, where Brown lives.

The troubled NFL star is facing possible rape charges after Britney Taylor filed a lawsuit against him on Tuesday, Sept. 10.

Taylor says she met Brown in Bible study when they were student-athletes at Central Michigan University. Brown hired her as his personal trainer in June 2017. Troubling incidents soon followed.

The former gymnast said the first incident occurred when "Brown exposed himself and kissed [her] without her consent."

Taylor says she forgave Brown after he apologized and promised it would never happen again.

Joe Sargent/Getty Images

The second incident occurred not long afterwards, when Taylor claims "Brown cornered [her] forced her onto a bed, shoved her face into the mattress, and forcibly raped her" from behind.

She said she resisted but Brown was "too strong and physically overpowered her." He continued the assault despite her saying "No" and pleading with him to "Stop."

After accepting his second apology, Taylor believed he was sincere. Then the third incident occurred, according to court papers.

"As they had during their college Christian fellowship days, they often read scriptures, prayed or watched services together during training visits," according to the documents obtained by the NY Post.

While they watched one religious video less than a month after the first incident, Brown masturbated behind Taylor and ejaculated onto her back, the suit alleges.

The next day, Brown sent Taylor profanity-laced videos insulting her and her mother.

Through her attorneys, the attractive born-again Christian says she came forward to help other women and not for monetary gain.

"As a rape victim of Antonio Brown, deciding to speak out has been an incredibly difficult decision... Speaking out removes the shame that I have felt for the past year and places it on the person responsible for my rape."

Taylor is seeking compensation for "physical injuries, pain and suffering, humiliation, embarrassment, stress and anxiety, loss of self-esteem and self-confidence, and emotional pain and suffering."

The Patriots, who signed Brown to a one-year, $15 million deal on Saturday, released a statement to the news media on Tuesday.

"We are aware of the civil lawsuit that was filed earlier today against Antonio Brown, as well as the response by Antonio’s representatives. We take these allegations very seriously. Under no circumstance does this organization condone sexual violence or assault. The league has informed us they will be investigating. We will have no further comment while that investigation takes place."

Brown's attorney vigorously denied the allegations.

No photo

Darren Heitner issued a statement saying Taylor only filed the lawsuit after Brown refused to invest $1.6 million in a "business project" she pitched to him.

He said Taylor showed no interest in the awkward student-athlete until she realized he was a star professional football player.

But her attorneys claim Brown pursued their client aggressively.

"In approximately 2013, Ms. Taylor's senior year at LSU, Brown sent her a message on social media, asking for a picture of her. Ms. Taylor sent him a picture of her face. Dissatisfied, Brown asked for a more revealing one. Ms. Taylor refused, reminding Brown that they were just friends. For approximately four years after Ms. Taylor graduated from LSU, the two fell out of touch. In June 2017, Brown reached out to Ms. Taylor via Facebook asking her how she was doing."

"During the course of this renewed contact, Brown indicated he wanted Ms. Taylor's help improving flexibility and strength in his ankles and fast twitch muscles – areas in which she had developed expertise through gymnastics. As a result, the two agreed that Ms. Taylor would provide physical training services to Brown... Ms. Taylor never dated or had an interest in any romantic relationship with Brown. Their relationship, as far as Ms. Taylor believed and behaved, was that of a 'brother-sister' type."

Taylor's attorneys say, after the rapes, she sought guidance from a church leader who was a former assistant district attorney and sex crimes prosecutor in New York.

But Heitner disputed Taylor's version of the events, claiming Taylor admitted to having a "consensual personal relationship" with Brown and that she continues to post pictures of herself with Brown online in an attempt to profit from her association with him.

Heitner says Brown will "pursue all legal remedies to not only clear his name, but to also protect other professional athletes against false accusations" from sports groupies.

This is an open post where you can discuss any subject matter. This post will not be censored or moderated. Disqus may automatically moderate certain words considered offensive. There are no rules in Open Posts. So enter at your own risk.

No photo

Nate Parker's 'American Skin' has been added to the Venice Film Festival's lineup of independent films. Parker's promising directing career was derailed after news of rape allegations from his college days surfaced during the release of Birth Of A Nation in 2016. He hasn't been heard from since.

Read more »

Chris Brown

Chris Brown, who was arrested in Paris, France on suspicion of rape, is planning to sue his accuser for slander.

The 29-year-old singer/songwriter was arrested along with two members of his entourage on Monday, Jan. 19, after the woman filed a sexual assault complaint against the musician.

Read more »

Chris Brown was taken into custody Monday in Paris, France, and charged with raping a 24-year-old woman, according to the Daily Mail UK. The 29-year-old pop singer is accused of sexually assaulting the woman at a Paris hotel after partying at a nightclub in the French capital.

Read more »

Russell Simmons Jenny Lumet

Music and film mogul Russell Simmons quit his empire after screenwriter Jenny Lumet accused him of raping her in 1991.

In a statement issued on Thursday, Simmons said Lumet's "memory of that evening is very different from mine." He added: "I don’t want to be a distraction so I am removing myself from the businesses that I founded."

Read more »

Corey Feldman

Corey Feldman called the LAPD to name the pedophiles he says molested him when he was a teenager. Feldman made the call during an appearance on Dr. Mehmet Oz's show, sources tell Page Six.

The 46-year-old actor is making the rounds of talk shows to promote his campaign to raise $10 million for a film documentary on the subject.

Read more »