Photo by MediaPunch / BACKGRID

Megan Thee Stallion is fed up with her record label jacking her around. The Instagram model says certain execs at her record label, 1501 Certified Entertainment, have a rep for "bullying and strong-armed tactics," with their artists.

She's taking the label to court, and she's already won a major legal battle, TMZ reports.

A district judge in Harris County Texas granted Megan a temporary restraining order which prevents her record label from blocking the new music she plans to drop on her own on Friday.

Megan filed a lawsuit Monday against 1501 and its boss, Carl Crawford. She was upset about the contract she signed with the label back when she was only 20 and fresh out of the strip club.

Photo by BKNY / BACKGRID

In a tearful video on Sunday, she claimed the label was blocking her from releasing new music because she wants to renegotiate her contract for more money.

Megan confessed she made the same rookie mistake as other eager young rappers who just want a record deal.

In exchange for signing the contract with 1501 Certified, she got a measly $10,000 advance -- big money to her at the time.

In the suit, Megan, 25, lays out what she believes are unfair terms of her contract. For instance, she claims the deal calls for 1501 Certified to get 60% of her recording income. The remaining 40% goes to her, but she has to pay engineers, mixers and featured artists out of her 40%.

Photo by MediaPunch / BACKGRID

According to the suit obtained by TMZ, the contract calls for all monies from Megan's touring and live performances to be paid directly to 1501 Certified.

She says the label is supposed to give her a proper accounting of what she's owed -- but claims what they've provided is incomplete, and "purposefully and deceptively vague."

Megan also claims Crawford has been using his relationship with Rap-a-Lot Records founder J. Prince to intimidate and strong arm people in the industry.

She's suing Carl and his label for at least $1 million in damages. J. Prince is not named in the lawsuit.

Megan scored a viral hit "Hot Girl Summer" last year when she teamed up with Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign.

Photo by Adriana M. Barraza/WENN.com

Megan Thee Stallion is accusing her record label of refusing to release her new music. The up-and-coming rapper accused bosses at 1051 Records of shelving her new music with no release date.

Megan scored a viral hit "Hot Girl Summer" last year when she teamed up with Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign.

Photo by Presley Ann/Getty Images

Despite the success of her record, the former stripper claimed during an Instagram Live video on Sunday, that bosses at 1501 won't allow her to drop any new music after she asked to renegotiate her contract for more money.

Megan confessed she made the same rookie mistake as other eager young rappers who just want a record deal.

Photo by Rodin Eckenroth/WireImage

"When I signed, I didn't really know what was in my contract. I was young, I think I was, like, 20," she explained in the emotional post. "So when I got with Roc Nation (JAY-Z's entertainment and management company), I got management, real management. I got real lawyers, and they were like, 'Do you know that this is in your contract?' And I was like, 'Oh damn, that's crazy, no I didn't know.'"

The "All Dat" rapper didn't specify which terms she objected to, but explained she wanted to adjust the contract to remove certain clauses.

Adriana M. Barraza/WENN.com

"As soon as I said I wanna renegotiate my contract, everything went left. It just went all bad," she said, as she fought back tears. "So now they're telling a b**ch she can't drop no music. It's really just, like, a greedy game.'

She also clarified that she wasn't trying to leave the record label, but she just wanted a more equitable (read: lucrative) contract.

"I'm not a greedy person. I'm not a person that likes confrontation," she said, adding, "I'm nice and I'm real family-oriented."

Source: WENN.com

Photo may have been deleted

Photos by Getty Images, ATLpics.net

Rapper Mase aired out his former boss, Sean "Puffy" Combs, calling the 50-year-old music mogul a hypocrite over his allegedly unfair business practices.

Mase, whose real name is Mason Betha, called out Combs after the mogul rejected his offer of $2 million for his music publishing.

Mase was one of the biggest artists on Comb's Bad Boy Records label. Among their hit songs was "Been Around the World."

Photo by Theo Wargo/Getty Image

Mase, 44, responded to Combs receiving the Recording Academy's Salute to Industry Icons award at the Grammy Awards on Sunday. He was annoyed when Combs vowed to give control back to artists.

The "Harlem World" rapper posted a photo of Meek Mill along with a tweet referencing "young Black kids in slave contracts in the music business."

"I heard your #Grammy speech about how u are now for the artist and about how the artist must take back control. So I will be the first to take that initiative," Mase wrote in a lengthy open letter to Puffy on Friday.

Photo by FayesVision/WENN.com

"Your past business practices knowingly has continued purposely starved your artist and been extremely unfair to the very same artist that helped u obtain that Icon Award on the iconic Badboy label. For example, u still got my publishing from 24 years ago in which u gave me $20k. Which makes me never want to work w/ u as any artist wouldn’t after u know someone is robbing you & tarnishing your name when u don’t want to comply w/ his horrendous business model."

Mase went on to describe offering Combs $2 million for his publishing, but Combs rejected his offer.

"To add insult, u keep screaming black excellence and love but I know love isn’t free. So I offered u 2m in cash just a few days ago to sell me back my publishing(as his biggest artist alive) that always show u respect for u giving me an opportunity at 19 yrs old. Your response was if I can match what the EUROPEAN GUY OFFER him that would be the only way I can get it back. Or else I can wait until I'm 50 years old and it will revert back to me from when I was 19 years old. You bought it for about 20k & I offered you 2m in cash. This is not black excellence at all. When our own race is enslaving us. If it’s about us owning, it can’t be about us owning each other. No More Hiding Behind "Love". U CHANGED? GIVE THE ARTIST BACK THEIR $$$. So they can take care of their families."

 

View this post on Instagram

@diddy I heard your #Grammy speech about how u are now for the artist and about how the artist must take back control. So I will be the first to take that initiative. Also, before we ask of other ethnicities to do us right we should do us as black people better. Especially the creators. I heard u loud and clear when u said that u are now for the artist and to that my response is if u want to see change you can make a change today by starting with yourself. Your past business practices knowingly has continued purposely starved your artist and been extremely unfair to the very same artist that helped u obtain that Icon Award on the iconic Badboy label. For example, u still got my publishing from 24 years ago in which u gave me $20k. Which makes me never want to work w/ u as any artist wouldn’t after u know someone is robbing you & tarnishing your name when u don’t want to comply w/ his horrendous business model. However, people would always ask what’s up w/ Mase? So I would be forced to still perform to not look crazy when I was getting peanuts and the robbery would continue. So many great moments and people lives in music were lost. But again, I rode with u in the face of death without flinching & u still wouldn’t do right. I never said anything because I wanted to wait until I was financially great so I can ensured that I was addressing this from a pure place and not out of spite. To add insult, u keep screaming black excellence and love but I know love isn’t free. So I offered u 2m in cash just a few days ago to sell me back my publishing(as his biggest artist alive) that always show u respect for u giving me an opportunity at 19 yrs old. Your response was if I can match what the EUROPEAN GUY OFFER him that would be the only way I can get it back. Or else I can wait until I’m 50 years old and it will revert back to me from when I was 19 years old. You bought it for about 20k & I offered you 2m in cash. This is not black excellence at all. When our own race is enslaving us. If it’s about us owning, it can’t be about us owning each other. No More Hiding Behind “Love”. U CHANGED? GIVE THE ARTIST BACK THEIR $$$. So they can take care of their families

A post shared by MA$E (@rsvpmase) on

Lil Wayne - Sorry 4 the Wait

Fans will have to wait a little longer to hear rapper Lil Wayne's new album The Carter V. Wayne is embroiled in a legal battle to get out from under the oppressive thumb of his record label daddy, Birdman.

Wayne threatened to file a $51 million lawsuit against Birdman to terminate his recording contract. In the meanwhile, Weezy released the follow-up to his 2011 mixtape, Sorry 4 the Wait. today. S4TW2 features Weezy covering today's top hip hop hits, including "CoCo", which he infuses with multiple annoying references to making his fans wait. Peep the track list after the break.

Read more »

Shawn Tubby Holiday and Tip Harris

Sandrarose.com was the first to break the news that rap mogul T.I. "Tip" Harris signed a new record deal with Columbia Records.

Friend of the blog, Shawn "Tubby" Holiday, Columbia's new SVP of Urban A&R, was instrumental in getting the deal done. Shawn is pictured above with T.I.

Music mogul Pharrell Williams will executive produce T.I.'s fist album on Grand Hustle/Columbia in early 2014. DJ Toomp and Timbaland will also produce the much-anticipated project.

T.I. and his imprint Grand Hustle Records parted ways with Atlantic Records earlier this year. The split was an acrimonious one.

Read more »

TEXT

Rap mogul Jay Z, 44, thought he found the next Raven-Symone when he signed Will Smith's precocious daughter, Willow, to a recording contract. But the kid proved she wasn't ready for the big time and backed out of the deal. That hasn't stopped Jay Z from sucking up to other Hollywood bigwigs through their children.

Roc Nation announced Steven Spielberg's daughter and adopted son have been signed to Jay Z's Sony Music imprint. It doesn't matter whether the kids are talented or not. They have the prestigious Spielberg name, which will open more doors for Jay Z.

Read more »