Photo by Carmen Mandato/Getty Images

Colin Kaepernick made enemies in high places after his latest PR stunt. According to Complex.com, music mogul Jay-Z is "disappointed" that Kaepernick moved the location of his much-hyped workout in Atlanta on Saturday.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and Jay-Z, the NFL's social justice consultant, arranged the workout to get critics off Jay-Z's back.

Photo by Jon Super/Redferns

According to Complex, "a source close to the situation" informed them that Jay-Z is "disappointed" that Kaepernick turned his workout into a publicity stunt.

Kaepernick, 32, arrived in Atlanta on Thursday to prepare for his big workout at the Atlanta Falcons' training facility in Flowery Branch, Ga. He last played in the NFL three years ago when he opted out of a contract with the 49ers.

All went well until three hours before the start of the private workout, when Kaepernick's camp informed the NFL that the workout was moved to Drew High School in Riverdale, Ga, about 60 miles away. The news media was invited to attend.

Kaepernick showed up at the school wearing a black t-shirt with "KUNTA KINTE" on the front. Kunta Kinte is a character in the critically acclaimed television series, Roots, based on the 1976 novel by American author Alex Haley.

The NFL abruptly announced that Kaepernick was "no-show" at the workout. The league said 25 teams attended the workout. But only eight teams showed up at the high school to watch the moved workout.

Kaepernick's people responded, saying the NFL asked the unemployed quarterback to sign a "liability waiver" that protects the league from further legal action.

Photo by Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images

Kaepernick, right, and Eric Reid, left, settled a grievance against the NFL and team owners for blacklisted him after he led protests by kneeling during the National Anthem.

The reaction from the sports world was swift, with many saying Kaepernick was finished. ESPN host Stephen A. Smith said Kaepernick doesn't want to play in the NFL. He "wants to be a martyr."

In a video, Smith said:

"This man wanted a chance. Twenty-five teams show up in Georgia at the Atlanta Falcons practice facility—state of the art facility, NFL personnel, equipment, video, everything, and what does Colin Kaepernick do? Because of some issue with a liability waiver, Colin Kaepernick wants to change the venue. You don't want to work. You just want to make noise and you want to control the narrative."

Kevin Mazur/Getty Images

Sean Combs waited until the smoke cleared before stepping up to defend his friend, rap mogul Jay-Z, two weeks after the NFL announced a lucrative deal with Roc Nation. Commissioner Roger Goodell announced a partnership with Jay-Z and Roc Nation earlier this month. Jay-Z and Roc Nation will direct halftime entertainment and create a social justice campaign for the NFL.

Read more »

Kevin Mazur/Getty Images

The NFL has entered into a longterm partnership with Jay-Z and Roc Nation, and Jay-Z's fans are furious. Internet activist Shaun King threw subtle shade at Jay-Z on Wednesday for teaming up with the NFL after he threatened to boycott the NFL for blacklisting Colin Kaepernick.

Read more »

President Trump Roger Goodell

Stephen A. Smith says President Donald Trump "successfully hijacked" the NFL protests because the NFL refused to let him own a team. The ESPN "First Take" co-host said Trump "has won this round" after NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell sent a memo to all 32 teams, saying "Everyone should stand" during the National Anthem.

Read more »

Ray Rice

Disgraced Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice and the NFL Players Association plan to appeal his NFL suspension Tuesday.

Rice, 27, was suspended indefinitely by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell after new video footage was released showing Rice callously knocking out his now-wife, Janay Rice, in a casino elevator in mid-February.

Read more »

Ray and Janay Rice

A quick thinking paparazzi apparently ordered flowers to be delivered to the Baltimore home of former NFL player Ray Rice on Tuesday. The photog snapped shots of the embattled couple as they answered the door to accept the flowers.

The exclusive photos were published in today's NY Post.

Read more »

Ray and Janay Rice

Baltimore Ravens star Ray Rice is a running back without a football team. The Ravens terminated Rice's contract today after gossip tabloid TMZ released new elevator footage showing Rice knocking out his then-fiancee, Janay Palmer.

Update: Gawker.com points out the Ravens just deleted a tweet that seemed to blame Janay Palmer for the "role that she played" in her knock down, drag out fight with unemployed former NFL player Ray Rice.

Ray and Janay Rice

Read more »

Ray and Janay Rice

Shocking new video shows Baltimore Ravens star Ray Rice delivering the knock out punch to his then-fiancee Janay Rice in an Atlantic City elevator. The new video, published by gossip tabloid TMZ, shows the violence that occurred inside the elevator at Revel Casino on February 15.

Like Jay Z's sister-in-law Solange Knowles, Ray Rice didn't realize a camera was rolling when he got on the elevator.

Read more »

Michael Sam Oprah

When Dallas Cowboys owner and president Jerry Jones announced he would sign gay football player Michael Sam to the Cowboys practice squad, many observers believed it was a football decision. Now we know it wasn't.

Read more »

Manti Te'o

Not one NFL team showed interest in former Notre Dame star Manti Te'o in the 1st round of Thursday's 2013 NFL draft.

NFL scouts weary of Te'o's distracting presence in the NFL locker room declined to draft the former Heisman candidate who had a terrible showing in the NFL Combines in February.

If you recall, Te’o made headlines for mourning a dead girlfriend who didn't exist.

A male friend later stepped forward to say he pretended to be Te'o's dead girlfriend for 3 years because he was in love with him. This led to rampant speculation that Te'o himself was gay.

West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith also wasn't chosen in the 1st round -- probably for the same reason that Te'o was passed over.

Read more »

Disgraced quarterback Michael Vick has signed a 2-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles under coach Tony Dungy. The Eagles will hold a press conference this morning to announce the signing.

Sources tell ESPN's Chris Mortensen the deal is worth $1.6 million with an option for the second year at $5.2 million. Vick can also earn an additional $3 million in incentives over the two year term.

But that likely won't be enough loot for Vick who is known to burn through cash and lacks even the basic money management skills.

Vick, who was the #1 draft pick by the Atlanta Falcons in 2001, fell on hard times when he was busted for dogfighting. He was convicted and sentenced to 23 months in a federal prison in August 2007.

Vick served his time and was released on July 20. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell conditionally lifted Vick's suspension allowing him to participate in the NFL preseason workouts aqnd team meetings. While Vick can play in the final 2 games of the preseason, he will not be allowed to play in the regular season unless he is fully reinstated by the league.

Goodell has said he will consider reinstating Vick by October 18-19 at the latest.

Team owner Joe Banner said he spoke with the National Humane Society before signing Vick, who will go head-to-head with quarterbacks Donovan McNabb and backup Kevin Kolb for the starting job. "I pretty much lobbied to get him here," McNabb said. "I believe in second chances and what better place to get a second chance than here with this group of guys. ... He's no threat to me, not for Kolb. We had the opportunity to add another weapon to our offense."

Source