Photo by Toby Melville - Pool/Getty Images

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have quit the Royal family. After months of rumors and speculation, Harry has decided to give up his title as a "senior" member of the royal family. In an Instagram post the couple said they plan to "work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen."

Photo by Pool/Samir Hussein/WireImage

The decision was made after "many months of reflection and internal discussions," the couple said on their Instagram page.

The Queen of England is reportedly furious, as she did not learn of their decision until she heard the news on television.

Photo by Cameron Spencer/Getty Images

Harry lashed out at the British news media last year for their harsh treatment of Meghan. She complained that British publications published false information in the "intrusive and unlawful publication of a private letter written by the Duchess of Sussex", to her estranged father Thomas Markle.

Photo by Alexi Lubomirski via Getty Images

Harry and Meghan will split their time between London, the U.S. and Canada. Harry will likely lose the $2.6 million a year he receives from the Royals. The couple will ask British taxpayers to pick up the $600,000 bill for their security.
 

View this post on Instagram

“After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution. We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen. It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment. We now plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America, continuing to honour our duty to The Queen, the Commonwealth, and our patronages. This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity. We look forward to sharing the full details of this exciting next step in due course, as we continue to collaborate with Her Majesty The Queen, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and all relevant parties. Until then, please accept our deepest thanks for your continued support.” - The Duke and Duchess of Sussex For more information, please visit sussexroyal.com (link in bio) Image © PA

A post shared by The Duke and Duchess of Sussex (@sussexroyal) on

Prince Harry Meghan Markle

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry joined the royal family for Christmas service at the Church of St. Mary Magdalene where they sang Christmas Carols at Sandringham, Norfolk, England on Sunday.

What does Prince Harry's body language say to you?

Read more »

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge meet LeBron James

After leading the Cleveland Cavaliers to a 110-88 win over the hapless Brooklyn Nets, LeBron "King" James quickly showered before holding court with The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Kate Middleton, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York on Monday. LeBron presented the prince with replicas of Cavaliers jerseys for himself and his son Prince George. LeBron and Brooklyn Nets center Kevin Garnett were the only NBA players on the short list to meet the Royals after the game.
Photos: Splash News

Read more »

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Catherine, meet Beyoncé and her husband Jay-Z at a Brooklyn Nets basketball game in New York, NY on December 8, 2014

It was a night of firsts for British Royal couple Prince William and his pregnant wife, Duchess Kate Middleton. The Royal couple attended their first NBA game on Monday night at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, where they met America's self-appointed royal couple Beyonce Knowles-Carter, 33, and her husband, rapper Shawn "Jay Z" Carter, 45.

Read more »

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George arrive at Wellington Airport

...okay, that's not really what happened when Prince William and the Duchess Catherine (Middleton) of Cambridge visited New Zealand on Monday. The Royal couple took their 8-month-old son, Prince George of Cambridge, on his first official overseas trip, according to the NY Post.

Peep the **NOT SAFE FOR WORK** photo after the break.

Read more »