Best Image / BACKGRID

The harassment lawsuit filed against Nicki Minaj by a New York woman has been dropped. TMZ reports that Jennifer Hough voluntarily dropped the lawsuit, but Nicki is planning to sue Hough for legal fees.

The lawsuit, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York on August 13, 2021, claimed the rapper harassed and threatened Hough who accused Nicki's husband, Kenneth "Zoo" Petty, of sexual assault.

A source close to the case tells TMZ there was no financial settlement. Nicki's husband is still a defendant in the lawsuit.

Photo may have been deleted

TBI, Getty Images

"The case against Kenneth Petty is still ongoing. Stay tuned!" Hough's lawyer, Tyrone Blackburn, told PEOPLE.

Nicki's attorney, Judd Bernstein, tells TMZ Hough and her lawyers tried to shake Nicki down for some easy money.

An email Bernstein sent to Blackburn reads in part, "In my view, your conduct in pursuing this case against Nicki represents the worst of our legal system: bottom-feeding lawyers who pursue frivolous actions against a celebrity assuming that they will be paid off if they throw enough dirt."

Kenneth was convicted of rape in 1995, and he served time in prison. He must register as a sex offender whenever he moves to another state.

"I'm tired of being afraid," Hough said on The Real talk show. She said Nicki used her platform to intimidate and harass her and she was forced to move to multiple states to avoid the harassment.

Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images

Maralee Nichols shared the first photo of her newborn son. The fitness model claims the baby was fathered by NBA star Tristan Thompson.

In the photo obtained by Page Six, Maralee cradles her newborn son in front of a festive Christmas tree. Both mother and son are wearing matching Grinch pajamas. The baby's face is not seen in the photo.

The 31-year-old fitness model filed a paternity suit against Tristan earlier this year, claiming he fathered her then-unborn baby.

But Tristan hit back, demanding a DNA test after the child was born, but Maralee has not complied.

A counter-lawsuit he filed in Houston -- where the child was allegedly conceived -- was thrown out by a judge.

The judge stated the suit should be heard in Los Angeles, California where Maralee and her son reside.

IXOLA / BACKGRID

At the time of his hookup with Maralee, Tristan was in an on-again, off-again relationship with socialite Khloe Kardashian, 37, the mother of his 3-year-old daughter, True Thompson.

Maralee and Tristan appeared via a Zoom hearing on Dec. 8, where Tristan confessed his Snapchat username was "blkejesus00" and that he used the app to arrange a "hook up" with Maralee.

"We never had any telephone calls, emails, nor did we exchange text messages. We only communicated via the Snapchat application," Tristan said.

He said he used the app to arrange meetings with women because it automatically deleted their communications.

"I only recall that [Nichols] and I had sexual relations in March of 2021 and at no other time in 2021," the Sacramento Kings star said. "[Nichols] constantly used the term 'hook up' to describe our relationship which was the reality."

Tristan, 30, also accused Maralee of having a sexually transmitted disease.

He claims Maralee scheduled a labor induction on December 1, due to "medical reasons." He said herpes was the reason behind the induced labor and he believes that his own health might be at risk.

"Since opening up our private files to the media, I have been contacted by a source confirming that I should be checked because Petitioner has been diagnosed with herpes," he said. "Therefore, it would make sense that Petitioner had to have a designated delivery date."

Maralee issued a statement to Page Six, saying:

"Instead of focusing on any negativity, I am choosing to embrace being a mother and doing the best I can for my son. I do not want any further media attention, nor do I want a romantic relationship with Tristan.

"My goal is to raise our son in a safe, healthy, loving and private environment."

BACKGRID

Moving trucks were seen outside Khloe's Hidden Hills estate, where Tristan had been laying his head until Maralee Nichols' paternity suit went public.

The moving trucks were presumably there to remove Tristan's belongings after Khloe threw him out (again).

ROGER / BACKGRID

A Texas judge has dismissed a paternity lawsuit filed by Tristan Thompson against Maralee Nichols -- which he filed in response to her lawsuit against him in California.

A source told Us Weekly magazine that both Thompson, 30, and Nichols, 31, testified via a virtual hearing on Wednesday, Dec. 15. Page Six reported that the case was sealed online after the Sacramento Kings star sought a gag order against Nichols.
 
READ ALSO: Tristan Thompson expecting a son with Texas personal trainer
 
Nichols claims she gave birth to Thompson's son in December 2021 following a torrid 5-month relationship with the NBA star.

"Regardless of whether any act of conception occurred in Texas that could have led to the conception of the child, [Thompson and Nichols allegedly] had a lengthy relationship spanning multiple states," Us Weekly's source said.

Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images

However, Thompson, through his attorneys, disputes the timeline. Thompson claims he had sexual intercourse with Nichols twice on his birthday -- March 13 -- in a Houston hotel room.

He asked the court to move Nichols' suit from California to Houston, where she owns property.

But the judge dismissed his suit and said the case should be heard in California where Nichols allegedly birthed the child and where she currently resides.

Thompson has demanded a paternity test, but Nichols has yet to comply. She filed for child support earlier this year, before the baby was allegedly born.

Photo may have been deleted

Justin Sullivan/Getty Images

Travis Scott has hired a high-powered attorney to defend him against lawsuits filed in the wake of the deadly Astroworld Festival.

Former Donald Trump attorney Daniel Petrocelli emailed attorneys representing the families of 10 deceased fans, offering to pay funeral costs and other expenses.

In his emails, Petrocelli said Scott "is devastated by the tragedy" and grieves for the victims' loved ones.

The family of the youngest victim, Ezra Blount, 9, rejected Petrocelli's offer.

According to the Houston Chronicle, Petrocelli, 68, is known for representing high-profile clients and reportedly charges $1,500 an hour.

Rick Kern/Getty Images

Petrocelli heads a team of attorneys defending the troubled rapper, who was arrested twice for inciting the crowd at his concerts.

Scott's legal bills will likely top $1 million a month.

Scott and the other defendants face 120 wrongful death and personal injury lawsuits totaling over $1 billion.

Nicky Nelson/WENN.com

Chris Tucker owes the Internal Revenue Service $9.6 million in back taxes. According to court documents obtained by ET, the comedian owes around $9.6 million in back taxes, penalties and interest.

The IRS filed a lawsuit against the 'Rush Hour' actor, alleging that he has ignored his debt to Uncle Sam, a crime punishable by prison time in the federal pen.

Guillermo Proano/WENN

According to the lawsuit, Tucker owes taxes related to unfiled returns dating back to 2002.

The court documents also state that Tucker, 50, defaulted on his debt three times by failing to pay monthly installment agreements.

The lawsuit alleges that in four separate years, Tucker under reported his income and paid significantly the IRS less than he actually owed.

The IRS states that the total owed could increase significantly, "Since the dates of assessment described above, interest, penalties, and statutory additions have accrued and will continue to accrue as provided by law."

Photo may have been deleted

Dustin Hice, CNN

Don Lemon's rape accuser, Dustin Hice, reportedly turned down three settlement offers - including a recent offer of $500,000.

On Monday, Hice appeared on The Megyn Kelly Show where he claimed the openly ghey news anchor offered to pay him $500,000 to remain silent.

Hice claims he was groped by Lemon at Murf's Backstreet Tavern in July 2018. He filed a lawsuit against Lemon in a Suffolk County Court in 2019. The lawsuit is still pending.

Hice says he turned down the settlement offers because he's not after Lemon's money.

Instead, Hice wants peace and an admission of guilt or an apology after allegedly being violated by the CNN Newsroom Live host.

SBCH / BACKGRID

Hice stopped short of calling Lemon an unrepentant narcissist who drunkenly fondles men in bars.

"This isn't about me trying to get money... At this point, I just want my life back. I don't see any kind of settlement happening without an admission of guilt or an apology, but I seriously doubt with his ego and pride that's going to happen."

The 55-year-old news anchor has vigorously denied the allegations.

Photo may have been deleted

Rogers PD

The first lawsuit has been filed against troubled rapper Travis Scott after eight people lost their lives during his Astroworld Festival on Friday.

Kristian Paredes, 23, from Austin, Texas, was "seriously injured" during a deadly stampede at NRG Park in Houston on Nov. 5.

Rick Kern/Getty Images

In the lawsuit, obtained by DailyMail.com, Paredes accused Scott of "inciting the crowd" to surge forward.

Paredes' attorney said people were trampled at the front when Scott initiated a countdown and then emerged onstage with special guest Drake around 9 p.m. Friday. Drake was not among the scheduled performers.

"The crowd became chaotic and a stampede began leaving eight dead and dozens including Kristian Paredes severely injured," the court papers stated.

"Many begged security guards hired by Live Nation Entertainment for help, but were ignored," the document says.

The lawsuit said Drake and the other defendants, Live Nation and NRG Park, "knew or should have known of" Scott's "prior conduct."

The lawsuit claimed the injuries and deaths were due to the "negligence, carelessness and recklessness" of the "defendants, their agents, servants and employees, in the ownership, management, maintenance, operation, supervision, and the control of the subject premises."

Paredes is asking for $1 million in damages. He is seeking a jury trial.

Erika Goldring/WireImage

Hours after the tragedy, Scott's Astroworld team released a statement claiming a man was going around injecting people with an unknown substance.

However, an ICU nurse who attended the concert said no one saw a man injecting anyone.

"It was definitely overcrowded," ICU nurse Madeline Eskins told Rolling Stone.

Erika Goldring/WireImage

Eskins said the medical staff were untrained and inexperienced. She said they didn't know how to check for a pulse, and as a result, they performed CPR on people who had a pulse and didn't need chest compressions.

"Some of these medical staff had little to no experience with CPR - didn't know how to check a pulse, carotid or femoral," Eskins wrote on Instagram.

"Compressions were being done without a pulse check so ppl who had a pulse were getting CPR, but meanwhile there was not enough people to rotate out doing compressions on individuals that were actually pulseless. The medical staff didn't have the tools to do their jobs and despite the crowd around us trying to get someone to stop the concert they just kept going, even though Travis acknowledged that someone in the crowd needed an ambulance."

Scott was criticized for finishing his 75-minute set while chaos swirled around him.

On Saturday, Scott shared a video on social media in which he showed no remorse and claimed to care about his fans.
 

 
His words conflicted with his past behavior. The 29-year-old rapper was twice convicted of encouraging fans to jump security barriers and rush the stage at previous concerts.

In 2017, a fan was paralyzed after he was pushed off a "severely overcrowded" balcony during a concert at Terminal 5 in New York City.

Kyle Green's attorneys say Friday's deaths could have been prevented had Scott learned his lesson from the past.

Green, who is in a wheelchair, sued Scott, his management, a concert promoter, and a security company in 2017. His lawsuit is still pending.

Video taken by a fan at the same concert in 2017 shows Scott encouraging another fan to jump from the balcony.

"I see you, but are you gonna do it?" Scott repeatedly asked the fan. "They gonna catch you. Don't be scared. Don't be scared!"

Watch the video below.
 

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram

Offset found out the hard way that he can't lose a whole Bentley and expect insurance to cover the loss.

The Migos rapper has been ordered to pay $950,000 in a lawsuit over the missing Bentley.

Platinum Transportation Group in Los Angeles filed a lawsuit against the Georgia native over the luxury motor car, which he rented last year and never returned.

According to legal documents, PTG executives claim they drew up a contract with Offset in May and rented him a 2020 Bentley Bentayga for a couple of days. At his request, the term was extended until late July.

But early that month, Offset, 29, told PTG he didn't know where the car was. He suggested it might have been stolen and he stopped making the rental payments after his lease was up on July 25.

According to WENN.com, company bosses claim Offset failed to return the vehicle, and they filed a police report.

Now, a judge has signed off on damages of $950,027.35, and ordered the rapper to pay up. A default usually means the defendant didn't respond to the lawsuit or failed to show up to challenge the case in court.

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram

Meanwhile, Offset's wife Cardi B shared photos of the couple's new mansion in New York City.

The 29-year-old Grammy winner shared a photo of herself standing in the expansive foyer with a double grand staircase behind her.

She celebrated finally having a house of her own in her "home city" of New York.

"These days I don't just live one place, I'm everywhere due to my work," she explained in the photo caption.

"One thing for sure I needed a home in my home city of NY! I'm soo proud of myself. I work so hard for my children to be comfortable everywhere they are regardless of work...

"Me and my husband have always dreamed of having a crib in NY, and we have decided to add to our portfolio of homes, along with Atlanta and LA."

Robert Kamau/GC Images

Nicki Minaj has avoided a $20 million default judgment in a lawsuit filed by a woman who accused Nicki's husband of rape.

Jennifer Hough asked the court to find Nicki and her husband Kenneth Petty in default after failing to respond to her lawsuit.

In the lawsuit, Hough claimed she endured a "relentless campaign of bribery, intimidation, harassment, and stalking" by the couple following her claim that Petty raped her at knifepoint when she was a teenager in 1994.

Kenneth served time in prison for Hough's rape and is required to register as a sex offender.

Hough is suing Nicki and Kenneth for intentional infliction of emotional distress, harassment, and witness intimidation.

Her attorney asked the judge to find Nicki in default after she missed the deadline to respond to the lawsuit.

ANGELA WEISS / AFP via Getty Images

A default judgment means Nicki would owe Hough $20 million.

However, the federal clerk for the Eastern District of New York denied Hough's request, writing on the court docket that "it appears" Minaj stated in papers last week that she had hired a attorney to defend her.

The "Super Bass" star had sworn in a statement on October 15 that she thought she had hired an attorney in September, but the payment of his retainer was delayed after a series of "innocent miscommunications".

Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images

Nicki wrote:

"My failure to respond to the complaint was the product of an innocent mistake, and I ask the court to excuse the delay so that I can defend what I believe to be an entirely frivolous case."

Nicki's attorney Judd Burstein added:

"I confirm the truth of those portions of defendant's declaration concerning my role in her failure to secure my services promptly."

Best Image / BACKGRID

The clerk wrote that Kenneth had "not filed an answer or otherwise moved with respect to the complaint".

Meanwhile, Hough's attorney Tyrone Blackburn told Rolling Stone that he is still planning to pursue a $20 million default motion against Petty who has failed to answer the lawsuit and has not retained an attorney.

Photo may have been deleted

Dustin Hice, CNN

Don Lemon categorically denied sexually assaulting a man during a drunken incident in a bar in the Hamptons.

Dustin Hice, a strikingly handsome ghey man, claims he was groped by Lemon at Murf's Backstreet Tavern in July 2018.

In his lawsuit filed in Suffolk County Court on Aug. 11, 2019, Hice's lawyer wrote:

"[Lemon] put his hand down the front of his own shorts, and vigorously rubbed his genitalia, removed his hand and shoved his index and middle fingers into Plaintiff’s mustache and under Plaintiff's nose.

"Lemon intensely pushed his fingers against Plaintiff's face under Plaintiff's nose, forcing Plaintiff's head thrust backward as Defendant repeatedly asked Plaintiff 'Do you like p***y or d**k?' While saying this, Mr. Lemon continued to shove his fingers into Plaintiff's face with aggression and hostility."

Patrick McMullan via Getty Images

However, the 55-year-old, openly ghey CNN anchor denied the allegations through a spokesperson.

"Don categorically denies these claims," the spokesperson told USA TODAY on Tuesday.

"The plaintiff in this lawsuit has previously displayed a pattern of contempt for CNN on his social media accounts. This claim follows his unsuccessful threats and demands for an exorbitant amount of money from Don Lemon."

But Hice claims he is not suing Lemon for a quick come up.

"I'm not doing this for notoriety or fame, I'm doing this because I'm standing up for myself and what I believe in," Hice told Fox News last year.

Hice said he suffered "severe emotional stress and loss of future earnings and opportunities," due to Lemon's aggressive flirting.

"I've grown a new respect for people dealing with mental health issues because stress, depression, anxiety, those are all very serious things. It consumed my life," Hice said.

After years of procedural delays, Hice's lawsuit is set to go to trial in 2022.