Photo may have been deleted

Donald Trump will earn more than former boxing champ Evander Holyfield to call his fight this weekend.

The former U.S. President is bragging about making an "obscene" amount of cash for calling the fight - and the deal comes with a G-5 private jet.

Multiple sources tell TMZ, Trump says he's making an "obscene" amount of money providing "live, alternative commentary" when Evander Holyfield (44-10-2, 29 KOs) takes on MMA star Vitor Belfort, 44.

According to TMZ, Triller, the media company behind the event, is paying "millions" for Trump's blow-by-blow analysis.

MANDEL NGAN/AFP via Getty Images

And there's a huge perk, in addition to the bank vault of cash. Trump, 75, says Triller is providing him with a G-5 jet to take him back and forth from the Hard Rock in Hollywood, Florida to his home in West Palm Beach (about a 10 minute flight).

It's possible that Trump will take the jet for a joyride to New York City earlier in the day to commemorate 9/11, TMZ says.

Donald Trump Jr. will join his father at ringside to call the fight. It isn't clear how much Trump Jr. will earn.

Michael Tullberg/Getty Images

Holyfield, 58, hasn't fought since a 10th round TKO win over Brian Nielsen in 2011. The Atlanta resident stepped in for champion boxer Oscar de la Hoya at the last minute when Oscar was hospitalized with Covid-19.

A proposed fight with former champ Mike Tyson was scrapped earlier this year.

Not everyone is happy that Trump will be calling the fight on September 11 -- also known as the day the Twin Towers fell during a terrorist attack in NYC.

Some people are downright angry that Trump is still in such high demand when they hate him and want him to disappear from the limelight.

Trump's popularity is still a bone of contention to many Democrats who are dismayed by his continued influence in the GOP party.

Cliff Hawkins/Getty Images

Retired boxing champ Floyd Mayweather returned to the ring on Sunday night, June 6, for an exhibition fight with YouTuber Logan Paul.

The two pugilists went toe-to-toe for eight rounds without a knockout at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Florida, and Floyd confessed that Logan surprised him with his skills.

"I was surprised by him tonight. He's a great young fighter - strong and tough. He's better than I thought he was."

However, fans who paid $50 to watch the bout were not impressed with either fighter. Many fans demanded their money back after it appeared that Floyd held Logan up to prevent him from slumping to the canvas in the sixth round.

Cliff Hawkins/Getty Images

They hollered that the fight was fixed - and that the 44-year-old champ deliberately went easy on Logan to avoid knocking him out.

Prior to the Logan boxing match, Floyd expressed concern that fans would demand their money back if the Logan fight ended with an early knockout.

He had good reason to be worried.

The undefeated champion boxer retired as a professional fighter in 2017 with a pristine 50-0 record. But he grew bored with retired life, so he agreed to participate in exhibition fights if the money was right.

Photo may have been deleted

YouTube

On New Year's Ever 2018, he fought 20-year-old Japanese kick boxer Tenshin Nasukawa in Tokyo. The three-round exhibition ended with three first-round knockouts.

Tenshin was seen crying on camera -- and boxing fans howled over what they believed was a rigged fight.

Floyd is now considering another easy exhibition fight -- maybe against Paul's brother, Jake Paul, who loudly challenged the fighter to a match earlier this year.

Watch highlights from the fight below.
 

Al Bello/Getty Images

In just one tweet, Texas Governor Greg Abbott showed the world what freedom looks like in America.

Gov. Abbott sent out the tweet around 12:30 a.m. Central time on Sunday morning, after a record 73,000 boxing fans attended the WBO super middleweight unification fight Saturday night.

Al Bello/Getty Images

Saul Canelo Alvarez (right) defeated Billy Joe Saunders with an eighth-round uppercut to end the fight. It was Canelo's seventh middleweight fight.

The crowd in AT&T Stadium broke an indoor boxing record with 73,126 in attendance. The previous record was 63,350 when Muhammad Ali defeated Leon Spinks in a heavyweight title fight in New Orleans in 1978.

Omar Vega/Getty Images

Masks were not required at AT&T Stadium, but they were encouraged. A majority in the crowd chose not to wear masks.

"The pent up demand to go to a live event it gave this fight a spike of 10,000-to-15,000 more," said Chad Estis, executive vice president of business operations at AT&T Stadium.

Al Bello/Getty Images

Dallas KTVT-TV reported: "The turnout shows things may be returning to normal sooner rather than later."

"I am excited that we can kind a do stuff now, and kind of just be comfortable with going to events," said boxing fan Austin Valadez.

It isn't clear how many people in the crowd were vaccinated, but proof of vaccinations were not required for entry into the stadium.

Texas, Georgia and Florida have been wide open since last year, as the CDC and Dr. Anthony Fauci continue to insist that masks and Covid-19 restrictions are necessary.

Mayweather Promotions

Logan Paul is annoyed that the Internet believes the brawl between his brother, Jake Paul (right), and all-time Boxing Hall of Fame inductee Floyd "Money" Mayweather (left), was fake.

Logan insists the fisticuffs was NOT a scripted stunt to promote his and Floyd's upcoming exhibition match that headlines a SHOWTIME PPV event on Sunday, June 6.

Amanda Westcott/SHOWTIME

"I f**king wish that wasn't real," Logan (right) tells TMZ Sports. "I wish it was staged," Logan added, "That s**t is not funny. It's not fun for anyone."

Logan, aka "The Maverick, met face-to-face with Floyd on Thursday at a media event to preview their special exhibition match at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida.

Cliff Hawkins/Getty Images

Jake stole the spotlight from his brother and got right in Floyd's face, then snatched Floyd's cap and fled -- with Floyd in hot pursuit.

"It's one thing to sell a fight, and people can say what they want, but one thing no one is going to do, is disrespect me," said Floyd.

"Floyd came out of retirement, just to get re-retired," said Logan. "I'm about to beat the greatest fighter of all time!"

Cliff Hawkins/Getty Images

Floyd was PISSED -- chasing after Jake while screaming that he was going to "kill" the YouTube superstar.

TMZ spoke with 26-year-old Logan after the violent incident involving his younger brother, Jake, 24.

Logan told the gossip outlet the incident gave him even MORE motivation to destroy Floyd when they step in the ring on June 6.

Amanda Westcott/SHOWTIME

"That s**t just got personal by default. It was supposed to be like a cute little press conference... come together, get people excited for the fight. Not people talking about killing people! What the f**k!?"

When asked if he had a message for Floyd, he responded, "This is gonna be the craziest f**king evening to ever take place in the history of combat sports."

Amanda Westcott/SHOWTIME

"My message to Floyd is this ... we're gonna get you that hat back, Floyd."

Thursday's event also included former NFL star wide receiver Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson, who will be making his boxing debut in an exhibition match against an opponent to be announced on the pay-per-view undercard.

Amanda Westcott/SHOWTIME

The pay-per-view begins at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT and will also include WBA Light Heavyweight Champion Jean Pascal and two-division world champion Badou Jack in a 12-round rematch in the co-main event.

Plus, former unified super welterweight champion "Swift" Jarrett Hurd returns to the ring to face Luis Arias in a 10-round bout.

For more information and ticket sales, please visit Hardrockstadium.com/mayweather-v-paul/

Photo may have been deleted

Worldstarhiphop

Floyd Mayweather Jr and YouTube star Jake Paul got into a heated exchange at the press conference for Floyd's upcoming boxing match with Logan Paul.

The 44-year-old champion boxer is annoyed since boxing fans say his fight with 26-year-old Logan is fake.

If you recall, Logan's brother, Jake, 24, knocked out former NBA player Nate Robinson last year.

In a video posted on Thursday, Floyd suggested a boxing match between himself and Jake.

Jake tells him, "Don't be calling [event promoter] Al Haymon. Let's make it happen."

"I'm my own boss," FLoyd replies angrily.

Then Jake snatched Floyd's cap off his head and shouted "Got your cap!" before fleeing with Floyd in hot pursuit.

Chaos ensued as Floyd's security chased after them and separated the two combatants.

Question: Do you think the upcoming fight between Floyd and Logan Paul is fake?

Be warned: the video contains excessive profanity -- mostly by Floyd who never got his cap back.
 

Photo may have been deleted

Top Rank Inc / Getty Images

Boxing champion Felix Verdejo has been charged with the murder of his pregnant mistress, Keishia Marlen Rodriguez Ortiz, whose body was found floating in a lagoon.

Rodriguez Ortiz, 27, went missing Friday, April 30, after telling Verdejo she was pregnant with his baby.

According to published reports, she was last seen at the 27-year-old boxer's home where she allegedly went with a blood test that confirmed her pregnancy.

She was reported missing by her sister, Bereliz Nichole, who posted a message on Facebook asking for help finding Rodriguez Ortiz.

Top Rank Inc / Getty Images

Verdejo, a lightweight boxing champ who represented Puerto Rico in the 2012 Olympics, turned himself in to police on Monday.

He was charged with intentionally killing an unborn baby and kidnapping and carjacking resulting in death.

He was denied bond and remanded to prison. "This is a death penalty-eligible case," said Judge Camille Vélez.

Police say Verdejo arranged to meet with Rodriguez Ortiz on Friday morning, after she told him she was two months pregnant with his child "based on a pregnancy test."

"She was meeting him that morning. That was the last thing she told me when I spoke to her, that he wanted to see the pregnancy blood test," her mother, Keila Ortiz told Puerto Rican news outlets.

A witness who was with Verdejo at the time of the murder confirmed the details to investigators.

Verdejo contacted the unidentified witness and asked his help to terminate the pregnancy of the victim, according to a police report obtained by the NY Daily News.

Top Rank Inc / Getty Images

As Verdejo and Rodríguez Ortiz sat in his car talking, the boxer punched her in the face, knocking her out, then injected her with "a syringe filled with substances purchases from a drug point," according to the complaint.

Verdejo allegedly tied her arms and feet with wire, placed her in her own car, and drove it to a bridge over the San José lagoon. He then tied a concrete block to her body and tossed her into the water, according to the FBI.

He also shot her with a handgun after throwing her into the water, the FBI said. Her body was found floating in the lagoon on Sunday night.

The FBI used surveillance footage from the crime scene, cellphone data from towers near the area and interviewed witnesses, including the unidentified person who drove with Verdejo to the bridge before the killing.

Documents describe the "witness" as a male, however, Facebook sources claim the witness is Verdejo's wife, who is cooperating with the investigation in exchange for immunity from prosecution.

Michael Tullberg/Getty Images

Mike Tyson, 54, has confirmed his canceled fight night with fellow boxing legend Evander Holyfield is back on.

Negotiations broke down between the two former champions despite an offer of $25 million to fight for only 3 rounds.

Very few boxers can walk away from a $25 million payday. Both former boxers have fallen on hard times.

Holyfield, 58, moved into a small 2-bedroom condo near Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta, after losing his mega mansion, which was purchased at a discount by rapper Rick Ross.

Iron Mike, who infamously bit off a piece of Holyfield's ear when they met in the ring in 1997, insists the rematch will take place at the end of May.

"I just want everybody to know the fight is on with me and Holyfield," Tyson said during an Instagram Live session with Haute Living on Tuesday. "Holyfield's a humble man, I know that, and he's a man of God but I'm God's man. Listen, I'm going to be successful May 29th."

The previous day, Evander's manager issued a statement saying talks between the two fighters had "fallen apart".

"We were negotiating in good faith all along and it appears we just ended up wasting our time," Kris Lawrence said.

If the fight does take place at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Florida, doctors and emergency medical personnel will be on hand.

Jacques M. Chenet/Corbis / Getty Images

Thomas "Hitman" Hearns, left, clarified his statement that former middleweight champion Marvin Hagler, right, was in an ICU after receiving a coronavirus vaccine.

Hagler died suddenly on Saturday at age 66.

Hearns, who is among boxing's legendary "Four Kings" alongside champions Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard and Roberto Duran, asked fans for prayers for Hagler in an Instagram post.

"A real true warrior Pray for the king and his family.. he's in ICU fighting the after effects of the vaccine! He'll be just fine but we could use the positive energy and Prayer for his Full Recovery!"

The news media slammed "anti-vaxxers" for repeating Hearns' suggestion that Hagler suffered an adverse reaction to the vaccine.

Somewhere in the mountain of media denials was a report that Hagler died from "natural causes."

But people who die from natural causes are terminally ill and/or expected to die.

Hagler's wife, Kay, announced his passing on Facebook, saying his death was not expected.

"I am sorry to make a very sad announcement. Today unfortunately my beloved husband Marvelous Marvin passed away unexpectedly at his home here in New Hampshire. Our family requests that you respect our privacy during this difficult time."

Hearns, 62, chastised anti-vaxxers in a statement to London's DailyMail.com.

"Our love and respect to Marvin and his family, this is not an anti vaccine campaign.. it's outrageous to have that in mind during the passing of a King, Legend, Father, Husband and so much more."

However, his original post is still up on his Instagram page.
 

K. Y. Cheng/Getty Images

Legendary boxer "Marvelous" Marvin Hagler passed away after suffering side effects of the mRNA vaccine he received days before. He was 66.

Hagler's wife, Kay, announced his death on Saturday.

Former boxing champion Thomas "Hitman" Hearns tweeted on Saturday that Hagler was in a hospital intensive care unit after suffering side effects to the vaccine.

"A real true warrior Pray for the king and his family.. he's in ICU fighting the after effects of the vaccine! He'll be just fine but we could use the positive energy and Prayer for his Full Recovery!"

Boxing fans were shocked at the news. One fan tweeted:

"Im proper gutted!! the Great Marvin Hagler dies after taking the vaccine! Please do your own research before making a decision on putting something in your body that has not been tested properly & we r being used as the guinea pigs & not told the #Truth about #vaccine."

Photo may have been deleted

Hagler was the undisputed middleweight champion of the world from 1980 until 1987. He recorded 52 knockouts during his stellar career.

Among his knockouts was a memorable brawl with Hearns in April 1985 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, which Hagler won by third-round knockout (watch the first round below).

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram

The NYPD fugitive squad tracked down a former boxer who fled to the Middle East after he allegedly murdered his daughter.

Kabary Salem was indicted in the murder of his daughter, Ola Salem, 25, on Nov. 5, law enforcement sources told The NY Post.

Ola Salem's body was discovered by a jogger in Bloomingdale Park in October 2019. The body had been dragged through the woods, then covered with leaves.

Ola Salem worked as an advocate for Muslim women who were victims of domestic violence.

The NYPD's Regional Fugitive Task Force tracked Salem all the way to the Middle East. He was arrested and brought back to New York on Friday, the Post reported.

John Gichigi/Getty Images

Salem, 52, is a former professional middleweight boxer from Egypt who fought in the U.S. in the 1990s through early 2000s.

He is notorious for killing one opponent by repeatedly head-butting him in the ring in Sept. 2000. Boxer Randi Carver collapsed after being knocked out in the 10th round, and never regained consciousness.

He died two days later. Salem was not charged in connection with Carver's death.