Photo may have been deleted

YouTube

An 11-year-old boy and a 17-year-old boy were arrested Wednesday and charged in the assault and robbery of an Asian man in San Leandro, California.

Police say the 11-year-old -- who has an extensive criminal record -- was the getaway driver.

The unidentified 80-year-old man was walking alone on Acapulco Road at 1:50 p.m. Wednesday when two Black males wearing dark hoodies approached and assaulted him.

The teens snatched a Fitbit off the man's wrist, stole his wallet and knocked him to the ground.

The victim suffered minor injuries but did not require medical attention, police said.

The younger boy is seen in the surveillance video (circled) but he did not participate in the assault on the victim.

Police say he was behind the wheel of a blue Subaru sedan that the males fled in after the attack. The car had been carjacked on May 10 in Oakland, Calif., police said.

Police believe the same suspects are responsible for stealing a Hispanic woman's purse at the 500 block of Bancroft Avenue the same day.

Sources told Dion Lim of ABC7 News that the 11-year-old boy has an "extensive criminal history," that includes robberies and carjackings.

Due to his young age, police released the boy into the custody of his single mother.

Photo may have been deleted

Twitter

One of two girls charged with killing Uber Eats driver Mohammad Anwar in Washington, DC, took a plea deal this week, according to published reports.

The 15-year-old carjacker pleaded guilty to the murder of 66-year-old Anwar, an Uber Eats delivery driver, who was thrown from his car and killed during an attempted carjacking on March 23.

In return for pleading guilty to murder, prosecutors agreed to drop other charges - armed carjacking, robbery and aggravated reckless driving, DailyMail.com reported.

She will be sentenced on June 4 and, as part of the plea deal, will serve a maximum of six years in a juvenile detention center, until she is 21.

Court proceedings for minors are closed to the public and their criminal records are sealed for life.

A 13-year-old accomplice was also charged as a juvenile in the crime.

The girls targeted the father-of-three as he delivered food for Uber Eats in the southeast section of D.C.

Chilling cell phone video shows Anwar leaning halfway out of his car, telling a bystander "they're kids", as the oldest girl sped off -- with Anwar still holding on to the steering wheel.

Seconds later, the car lost control, overturned and crashed, throwing Anwar from the vehicle. He died from severe head injuries.

As the victim lay dying, one of the teens is overheard saying her cell phone was still in the car.
 

Photo may have been deleted

BCSD, Facebook

A South Florida teenager is in jail charged with kidnapping and killing a Fort Lauderdale real estate agent.

Henry Lee Lewis III, 15, is being held without bond following his arrest on second-degree murder and armed robbery charges in the shooting death of 37-year-old Stefano Barbosa.

Police say Lewis accosted Barbosa who was on his way to meet with tenants on February 1, Fox News reported.

The masked teen forced Barbosa to drive to a nearby bank at gunpoint and ordered him to withdraw $1,000 out of an ATM machine.

Barbosa made two separate $500 withdrawals, according to investigators who reviewed bank records.

After withdrawing the cash, Lewis allegedly ordered Barbosa to drive a few miles away and then shot him point blank in the chest.

The car swerved off the road, crashed through a fence and hit a tree. Lewis then fled on foot.

A resident heard the crash and called 911, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported. Police found Barbosa unresponsive in his car with a bullet wound to the chest.

School workers were able to identify Lewis from surveillance video, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported.

Lewis was already in police custody on unrelated charges.

He has a lengthy criminal history dating back to a firearms charge when he was just 12, according to the news outlet.

The boy will be tried as an adult to ensure that he will not be released from a juvenile jail at age 18.

"These types of decisions are very difficult to make but I believe this is the correct decision in this case and in these circumstances," Broward State Attorney Harold F. Pryor said in a statement.

"This young person's issues are so significant that they require treatment, help and services beyond what the juvenile justice system can provide at this time. If this case were to be handled as a juvenile matter, he would have to be released from the juvenile justice system at age 18."
 

Photo may have been deleted

Facebook

A 14-year-old Michigan girl who allegedly stabbed her grandmother to death in her bedroom won't be charged as an adult.

Police say Cynthia Mosby, a 65-year-old nurse, was stabbed multiple times on Sunday, Feb. 21, and left for her son to find the following day.

Mosby's son called 911 after he found his mother lying face down on the bedroom floor of her home in Canton Township. The suspect wasn't at home when police arrived. Mosby was the girl's sole guardian, authorities said.

The suspect's father, who lived in the home with his mother and daughter, said the girl probably snapped because Mosby pushed her to focus on her studies.

After the murder, the teen fled about 25 miles away to a motel in Southgate, where she checked in using her late grandmother's credit card.

Police located the girl at the motel with a young man on Monday, Feb. 22, the day after the murder.

The male was not charged. Police believe the murder was premeditated.

The teen was arraigned Saturday morning on both first and second-degree murder, 10 News reported.

The girl is being charged as "adult designated," although she is not being charged as an adult.

"In this case, the 14-year-old girl is being adult designated because upon conviction it gives the judge the most flexibility during sentencing to provide options for rehabilitation of this very troubled youth," said Wayne County prosecutor Kym Worthy in a statement.

According to reports, the teen was ordered to undergo a mental health evaluation. She is scheduled for a competency hearing on April 15.

Photo may have been deleted

Twitter

Police have arrested one of the juveniles seen in viral videos attacking a BMW on a Manhattan street this week.

Video footage shows dozens of teens surrounding the vehicle, kicking the car and punching the windows as the driver's frantic mother called 911 while screaming, "We're going to die!

The 70-year-old woman and her son had just dropped off a donation to a nonprofit organization that benefits Black Lives Matter when the attack happened.

Max Torgovnick told the NY Post he and his mother were headed to his father's neurology office on Fifth Avenue when his BMW was surrounded by a pack of 50 teenagers on BMX bicycles -- Christmas gifts from a nonprofit organization.

Torgovnick said he was worried the teens would smash out his car windows, get inside the car and pull them out.

According to the NY Post, the juvenile detainee, who lives in Queens, is being charged with vandalism to Torgovnick's car and other misdemeanors.

More arrests are expected.

Photo may have been deleted

YouTube

A Texas judge lost his patience with a juvenile Crips gang member who removed his ankle monitor and shot a 1-year-old baby. The judge sentenced the 12-year-old to 7 years in a juvenile detention center.

The boy broke down and cried during a Zoom detention hearing in September. But the judge told him to save his tears.

"Every time you come in here you cry. You know that, right?" Judge Kim told rapper Lil Rodneyy. "Every single time, you beg me for one more chance. You swear to God, 'On my mama's name,' 'I'm not gonna cut off the monitor, I'm not gonna run off,'" said judge Kim.

The boy, who also answers to "30 Shotz," admitted he cut off his ankle monitor to attend a friend's funeral. But he couldn't recall the friend's name. He told the judge he only knew the friend by his nickname.

The boy's grandfather, who helped raise him, also attended the Zoom hearing.

Judge Kim told the boy he would be detained in a juvenile detention center until he turned 19.

Rodneyy's mother was interviewed after the hearing. She is a single mom who gave birth to Rodneyy when she was 16.

The boy's father abandoned his family, and Rodneyy's mom chooses not to seek child support. She said she was sent away to prison twice when the boy was a toddler. Rodneyy was raised by her father, who lovingly refers to his grandfather as "Paw paw."
 

Photo may have been deleted

Miami-Dade PD

A Miami teenager is charged with murdering Miami Senior High School football coach Corey Smith.

Charles Alexander, 15, was taken into custody Thursday afternoon and charged with murdering Smith and taking $7,450 in cash from his home.

Charles, who has a history of mental problems, faces charges of second-degree murder and armed grand theft. He will be charged as an adult, the Miami Herald reported.

The teenager was staying overnight in Smith's home when he used the coach's own 9mm handgun to shoot him dead in his den on Monday morning.

No photo

Smith's wife said they hadn't seen the teen in a year.

"He asked to come over," said Amina Smith. "Corey picked him up Sunday night and he spent the night. I left to go to work."

Hours later, police responded to a 911 call of shots fired inside the house on the 2100 block of Northwest 97th Street. Charles told police he was studying when he heard gunshots.

He was interviewed for four hours at the Miami-Dade Police Department and released. Police say he gave "inconsistent statements" about what happened inside the house, and he denied any involvement in the murder.

On Wednesday, his mother called police and said she was "in fear of the defendant," according to the arrest report obtained by The Herald.

She said Charles confessed to her that he had killed Smith, the report said.

The murder weapon was found in a trash can outside the home. Over $7,000 in cash was also found inside his jeans hidden in a black bag.

A Miami-Dade juvenile circuit judge on Thursday ordered that Charles be held without bail in a juvenile detention center.

Stock photo: Creatas via Getty Images

A 9-year-old Florida boy will be charged with allegedly stabbing his 5-year-old sister while telling her, "Die, die."

The boy was playing in his bedroom with his sister Monday afternoon at the Berkeley Pointe apartments in Ocala, Florida.

Their mom stepped outside to check the mail and to get some candy from a neighbor for the children.

When she retuned, the mother found her son stabbing his sister repeatedly with a kitchen knife, FOX 35 reported.

The mother grabbed the knife away from the boy, who fled into a maintenance shed. The girl was alert and responsive after the attack. She was transported to a children's hospital.

The boy told police his sister "had entered his head two days earlier" and wouldn't leave, according to an arrest report obtained by FOX 35.

He told police he got a knife from the kitchen, grabbed his sister by the neck while she was bent over and began stabbing her, FOX 35 reported. "Die, die," the boy told the little girl.

The boy allegedly said he stabbed his sister because "he wanted to be able to go outside" and play.

The boy is being held in a secured juvenile detention facility while awaiting a psychological evaluation ordered by a Marion County circuit court judge. He will be charged with attempted first-degree murder, according to news reports.

A public defender has been appointed to represent the child.

Photo may have been deleted

The mother of the 14-year-old boy suspected of fatally stabbing Barnard College student Tessa Majors was arrested for stabbing a woman over a decade ago.

According to The NY Post, the suspect's mother, identified by police sources and neighbors as Katima Minton, 35, was arrested for knifing a woman during a street fight in Jamaica, Queens 13 years ago.

According to a story published in The Post on August 6, 2006, "Katima Minton pulled a knife and lunged at the victim, whose identity was withheld..."

The victim was treated at a hospital for stab wounds and released, according to the article.

Minton was arrested and charged with assault, criminal possession of a weapon and harassment, according to The Post.

Minton was 21 at the time and living with her 16-month-old son in Jamaica, Queens.

Photo may have been deleted

13 years later her son is suspected of brutally stabbing 18-year-old Tessa Majors as she walked through Morningside Park on the evening of Dec. 11.

The suspect and two other boys - ages 13 and 14 - allegedly tried to rob the college freshman.

The 13-year-old suspect told investigators the older boys removed a plastic baggie containing marijuana from Majors' back pocket.

She resisted the robbery and was stabbed repeatedly when she allegedly bit the 14-year-old suspect on his finger.

After a 2-week manhunt for the 14-year-old suspect, he was detained on Thursday and his cheek was swabbed for DNA. The test results are expected back this week.

No photo

Photos: NYPD, Instagram.com

NYPD investigators questioned and released a 14-year-old suspect wanted in connection with the fatal stabbing of 18-year-old Barnard College student, Tessa Majors.

The unnamed suspect was located at a family member's residence in The Bronx, where he was hiding out until a bite mark on his hand healed.

The NY Post reports he was questioned by police and released Thursday without charges.

A 13-year-old suspect told investigators that Majors bit the 14-year-old suspect on the hand during the struggle. The 14-year-old allegedly stabbed Majors in the chest with a red handled knife. Feathers were seen floating from her down coat during the attack.

Police swabbed the suspect's mouth for DNA, but a preliminary test result was inconclusive, according to the Post.

The boy had a smirk on his face as he left his attorney's office in Harlem around 4:30 p.m. Thursday (The NY Post removed the photo of the suspect smiling).

The teenager joined a younger boy and a woman in her 30s. The woman cursed at a reporter and knocked a recording device out of his hand as they crossed 125th Street, according to the Post.

The trio climbed into a white SUV, idling at a curb in front of a water hydrant and sped off.

A third suspect, age 14, was questioned by police and released on Dec. 12.

Community leaders urged police to use caution to avoid a repeat of the 1989 Central Park 5 case. Five Black and Hispanic boys were arrested and questioned without attorneys present in the infamous Central Park jogger rape case.

An inmate later confessed to the crime, saying he acted alone.

Director Ava DuVernay was among those urging caution.

"Certainly, in the investigative steps, the department will be more cautious because of the attention that was paid to the Central Park Five — everything they do is under the microscope," she tweeted.

NY residents expressed outrage over the way the case has been handled so far.

One Twitter user wrote:

"There is No Justice Especially for the Dead In NYC

This 14 year old THUG Ran from the Police Was caught 2 weeks later They took his DNA &Released Him

They could have held him for 5 days but didn't. Crime is up police R frustrated from all this BULL."

Another user tweeted:

"tessa majors can be stabbed in a park in NYC - and her attackers can spend Christmas at home before being arrested and released..."

And a third user tweeted:

"This is not cool.. everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Specially kids... cmon.. if this kid is innocent then you just ruined his life. If he is guilty then let the cops do their job. Stop letting the public judge people."

Police Chief Rodney Harrison acknowledged the public's frustration in a tweet on Thursday.

"Although he has since been released to the custody of his attorneys, the investigation remains very active. Our detectives are the best at what they do and are committed to finding justice for all parties involved."