Rapper Juvenile’s daughter passes away

Update: According to WSB-TV, rapper Juvenile‘s 4-year-old daughter, Jelani, was shot and killed by her 17-year-old stepbrother.

LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. — A 17-year-old was arrested Friday in the murder of his mother, a Gwinnett County sheriff’s deputy, and his two sisters.Anthony Tyrone Terrell is charged with killing his mother, Joy Deleston, and his sisters Micaiah, 11, and Jelani, 4.

Terrell is a junior at Central Gwinnett High School. Jelani is the daughter of rap star Juvenile, according to child support records in Gwinnett County. The rapper’s real name is Terius Gray.

He was charged with three counts of murder and three counts of aggravated assault. He is being held without bond.

Police spokeswoman Corporal Illana Spellman said the motive for the killings is still under investigation.

Terrell was taken to jail in neighboring DeKalb County to avoid any potential conflict because Deleston worked for Gwinnett County, Spellman said. He is being held without bail.

Spellman said she could not confirm whether Deleston’s service weapon was used in the fatal shootings or if investigators recovered the gun used in the killings. She said she did not know if there were any prior police calls to the home.

A neighbor called police Thursday night when she heard gunshots and a bullet came through the wall of her house.

Officers who responded realized the bullet came from the deputy’s house at 415 Madison Chase Drive and saw the deputy’s marked patrol vehicle in the driveway, said Gwinnett County police spokesman David Schiralli. When they investigated they found the bodies of the deputy and her daughters.

“They knew a deputy lived there, so they knocked at the door to see if everybody was all right,” Schiralli said. “There was no answer, but lights were on. They opened the door a little bit to announce themselves. That’s when they saw the 11-year-old.”

She was just inside the front door. The deputy’s body was further inside the house. The 4-year-old was discovered in an upstairs bedroom.

Deleston worked in the sex crimes unit, according to Schiralli. READ MORE…

46 Responses to “Rapper Juvenile’s daughter passes away”

2Unruly says:

Condolences…r.i.p. little daughter.

pinky2083 says:

omg! that is sad! i wonder what happened?

HeyNow says:

This is sooo sad..my condolences to him and the family.Wow he’s old enough to have 2 teens.

Sharonda says:

WOW.My prayers to the family.I kind of wonder what happened.

hellava10 says:

It’s hard to deal with the death of your child. My prayers are with his family.

Ms. Me says:

My sympathy is with Juvenile and his family.
    He has had a really tough couple of years, with Hurricane Katrina and other events.
    It’s always hard to lose someone you love.
    RIP

bluemood626 says:

**Actually Sandra, Juvenile’s daughter was the 4 year old that was killed. Her name was Jelani, and not the other daughter. Just heard it on the news.

Mz_Magnificent1 says:

Damn…damn…damn. I will be keeping Juvie’s family in my prayers…I want to cry after reading something like this.

Thanks. I knew it. It just took me a minute to type it all up and post.

NYCUTIE says:

I am not sure what this world is coming to.. Why does a person have to resort to ending someone’s life? Killing a baby? Come on.. People have no respect for human life anymore. It is so sad! Juvenile & his family WILL be in my prayers! May they rest in peace and may that young man beg God for forgiveness!

blackstar says:

wow! so sad :(

hellava10 says:

Senseless and tragic. I can’t even gather my thoughts right now.

jane says:

Wow, this is extremely sad.

dj_dceezy says:

how do u kill a 4 year old? FOR WHAT???

Bsoul says:

So very sorry to hear about this. No one involved will ever be the same.

My condolences….

Sharonda says:

WOW, what is going on in the world?Is people gone crazy?Why kill your mom and your sisters?As I said before they in my prayers.

LovelyLady says:

Like WTF I’m really and truly sorry to hear this……like what is the world coming to

RIP to the lost ones and I send my condolences to Juvie

licia says:

this is crazy . my heart goes out to the family. it’s bad enough he killed his mother , but the kids too? why ?

That’s horrible on so many levels. I hate to think what those babies were going through looking at the barrell of a gun held by their brother. The young man must have some mental health issues that will forever go unresolved as he rots in prison. Just bad all around.

bklynsjm123 says:

My heart hurts to hear stuff like this. It is so awful. We are living in a different time right now and it just makes me want to really change some things. Life is too short and precious.

ms.peaches says:

This is terrible I will definitley keep the family in my prayers!! if thats the mom in the pic Im wondering was it her gun that he used seeing how she was an officer, maybe this is a time for the guys to come together & stop all this foolishness & when I say guys I mean Mannie Fresh, Baby & Juvie cause they lost someone close to them as well recently!! My condolences to them all!!

2Unruly says:

This is disturbing. I think the link shows his mugshot, and if that is him, he looks totally unfazed.

kdillon says:

My Heart Hurts…..To take a life is so evil and selfish. What happened to bring this on?

mzzphateegirl@yahoo.com says:

omg, this is sad. wha has become of these kids these days. i wonder what made him kill them? wow

ms.kimba412 says:

This is so sad! I can’t imagine what would motivate a 17-year-old to kill his family. It hurts just to think about it. I know it sounds strange, but not only does my heart go out to the victims,and surviving family members – but to the son who pulled the trigger, as well. Something HAS to be wrong with that boy…

mzzphateegirl@yahoo.com says:

this type of story make me not want to have kids. even if a person raise their kids the correct way, he/she may still turn out crazy

Smokie says:

Talk about a sad story. Geez… I don’t know what’s going on in people’s heads anymore. Senseless killings used to be a white problem, but now blacks are just as crazy. Poor babies.

Nina says:

This is terrible – I saw this last night as breaking news and my heart just dropped to hear a triple murder took place by a family member. My thoughts and prayers are with their families.

Anna says:

I read about this on CNN earlier today. I never put 2 and 2 together. This is so sad. I can’t understand how someone could have so much rage and hate to kill anyone. I will say an extra prayer tonight when I lay me down to sleep. Kids today do not have any respect for anything. It is like when I here about “murder/suicide. I say if u want to take your life fine, don’t take anyone with u.

Mspeng says:

I’m very sad for Juvie right now to lose his daughter at such a young age. Clearly, the boy was having issues for him to have it in his heart to kill his own mother, not to mention his 2 innocent little sisters. And I’m sure after psychiatric evaluation, they would probably find out that he was unstable. It’s sad on all levels because he now has no family and will spend the rest of his life in jail for the horrific act that he portrayed.

KittyHummerKitty says:

OMG! My heart goes to the families…

omg! how terribly heartbreaking. i just don’t get it…and how can anyone? what was wrong with this young man? his family? even the babies? maybe he’s possessed…this is crazy! Dear God please help our hearts.

and someone earlier said that senseless killing used to be a white thing for so long but that’s NOT true. sadly blacks have been hating on blacks for ages. go to your hoods or even other neighborhoods, drive bys, gangs who kill for wearing opossing colors, killing for shoes, over drugs…all of that and more is senseless! what you are refering to i think is the “white” crimes of jeffery dalmer or ted bundy types. those i’m a serial killer, i just shot up a mcdonalds franchise for no reason, and then i ate the people instead of the burgers right after i took bit off my own fingernails type of killers. but it is all, ALL sick and senseless. :(

allnatural says:

Just DAMN.

luxe.li. says:

R.I.P.

attorneymom says:

Wow, my prayers go out to Rapper Juvenile and the family of the victims.

Sidebar: Why am I having trouble believing that this young man killed him mother and two young sisters?

2bme says:

I don’t understand what’s happening to the world we live in..I can hope it was swift and no pain for these lives snatched away too soon..as a mother I couldn’t fathom my child turnng on me and his siblings this way..my heart bleeds behind this tragedy..Let’s hope Juvenile made ammends with his childs mother and got to know his daughter, the pain is bad enough without the guilt of putting off tomorrow what could have been done today

Anna says:

attorneymom. I love your website. I too am having trouble trying to process a kid killing his family. Was he on meds, should he have been on meds? How and why can he do this? I ask these questions. I have learned in my 4 decades of life that if you give a kid too much they want even more. They have a image of running the house and having a girlfriend or boyfriend living in the house and using the life insurace money to keep the bills going. We all as parents only want the best for our children and bring them up and raise them up to always do the right thing. WHAT WENT WRONG? How can one person kill his own family? Suicide in a black person is unheard of. Mental health issues in a black person is a taboo. this kid had to of had issues that were either un diagonised or over looked. What black male kills their own family?

Dees74 says:

What the hell? He must of had some serious issues. Condolences goes out to the families at this time, this is just sad.

GO GIANTS says:

very very sad story, i just wonder how one is SO messed up in the head in as few as 17 years. i didnt initially think the son did it either b/c, according to news reports, he came on the scene while police were there, as if innocent. thought it was a retaliation from someone the mother locked up b4. THEN i heard he told them where the gun was, theres no fighting that guilt…RIP

Richie Domino says:

I can’t even imagine how he must feel.

My daughter was working in a mall that was hit by a tornado. I couldn’t find her and lost it.

We have to watch the diets of our children. We have to watch what they watch on TV and listen to on the radio.

We are losing souls and producing soul less offspring.

Condolences…

claire says:

my prayers are with juvenile and the families of all involved…..

LAChick says:

I have read that the teen years are full of hormonal changes for a good portion of teens, that they are more emotional, more up and down than at any other time in their lives. That they are literally mentally out of control at times. I know someone who woke up one morning at 14, took his dad’s gun and killed his mom. No reason at all, to this day 11 years later, no reason, that boy sits in prison, a family destroyed, he answered then and answers now, that he doesn’t know why he did it and he is so sorry. In the midst of all of it, I think some kids just snap, teen suicide is high, teen alcohol and drugs and teen murderers are all evidence of that.
    So sad for the family, I can’t imagine the horror for them. RIP.

buttercup24 says:

R.I.P condolences to the families affected by this. Its so confusing that is all that can be said.

HeyNow says:

Okay just getting the news about this.last time I logged on I thought it was a teen,not that it matters how old a person is. The world has got to be comming to an end when people are shooting kids and killing their parents.

AllICanSay says:

My prayers go out to the victim’s family members as well as Juvie. People we need to somehow help stop this madness.