Usher Has No Love For the Kids

Photo: Wireimage/Getty

Confucius say you can tell a man’s true character not by what he says but by what he does. In Usher Raymond‘s case, you can tell his true character by what he doesn’t say. As you know, Usher married his longtime jumpoff Tameka Foster who was previously married to clothier Ryan Glover for whom she bore 3 boys.

We know from Usher’s relationship with Chilli that Usher was seemingly close to Chilli’s son Tron – but caught amnesia once the couple separated.

But to be fair, Usher wasn’t married to Chilli so he had no responsibility to her son. Likewise, he didn’t owe the boy anything during the relationship or once the union ended.

On the other hand, when a man marries a woman with kids, that man is obligated to at least acknowledge the children during a moment of candor.

In a very telling interview with Parlourmagazine, Usher talks about where he stands as a husband and father, blah, blah, blah. He expresses his love for his wife, his baby son and his fans without any mention of the children that Tameka brought into their relationship. He acted like the boys didn’t exist in his world.

Then he goes on to say this:

“I love my son and I love my wife and they’re the supporting foundation of what I’m doing. I love my fans—I thank y’all so, so much for coming back to the party with me. For all you haters, sorry we back on top. [Laughs]

It’s very revealing that his haters were on his mind but not his stepsons.

That has to be tough on Tameka as a wife and mother to hear her man publicly express his love for his fans but not for her children. Or maybe I’m making too much out of what he didn’t say?

61 Responses to “Usher Has No Love For the Kids”

meme says:

So.

Tangela says:

He could’ve atleast said that his family is his foundation. I feel that when a man marries a woman with children, he is taking on an entirely different role that he would with a single woman. He should always acknowledge the other boys, his or not, and include them, as they are a direct extension of his WIFE!

Irene says:

Yeah, you’re reading too much into it. Usher looooves the women with kids, huh?

free says:

hate to say it but you’re stretching on this one, sandra.

coco says:

im by no means an usher fan but it is not completely impossible to think that he could have been misquoted or his words could have been taken out of context. the interviewer may have only asked about his son. i can not understand for the life of me why sandra continues to hate on usher or for anyone for that matter. she must really be miserable in her life to hate as much as she does

bloggergirlz says:

too much of an oversight…what was he thinking? it’s a packaged deal…between all the time ush and meka creeped, until they got married, those kids have been on his radar for quite some time.

shhhh says:

Do you honestly think that he loves his fans more than he does the kids that live in the house with him? Lets get real. Next, I have seen photos where Usher was with one of Tameka’s sons by himself.

Secondly, he wasn’t suppose to carry on in Tron’s life. That’s not his child. And Tron has a father. This is the problem that women and men face with the shack up with ready made families.

Nobody knows ANYTHING about Usher’s personal life or what goes on in their household. This entire post is ridiculous and childish. Sandra, you really be asking for it sometimes. What do you want one of them to attack you so you can have a lawsuit or something? You know I don’t even talk bad to you like some people on here, but this here is just ridiculous. Why would you even write something like this?

shhhh Says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am entitled to my opinion. It wouldn’t have hurt for him to mention the boys.

hellava10 says:

Yes, it would have been nice for him to mention his family as a whole being his supporting foundation. I’m sure he sits around them eating dry cereal out the box and watching cartoons…..when they are around

Songbird27 says:

If you read all of Usher’s comment lately, he never says anything about them kids. He always mentions his son first and then his wife. I remember him saying “my extended family”… those were his words, once.

Now Usher is gonna see this and in the next comments we read from him, he will probably mention every last one of them kids just because you said he didn’t.

Anna says:

Not sure about this post. I had kids when I got married and hubby has pics of my kids in his wallet and in his locker at work. My hubby appreciated that my kids are an extension of me, his wife. He applies for scholarship money (for college) from his job for my kids. My kids father is also in their life. I just think that Usher was asked a specific question. When Hillary Swank won an Oscar for “Boys Don’t Cry” she forgot to thank her husband. I think this was just a “caught of guard moment”.

ms.peaches says:

Yeah it may have been an over site Im sure he has love for all of them equally or at least he should if he’s a real man!! He may have only mentioned the baby cause that’s his first & for right now only child (who knows)!!!

Songbird27 says:

And about Usher loving the fans….he doesn’t love no fans. he loves that money they invest in him, makin’ his butt richer!

miamore73 says:

Do we know if the children actually live with Usher and Tameka? I do find it strange that he wouldn’t mention children that are in his everyday life.

Have you ever heard Puffy say he loved his children by name and not include Quincy?

I have to agree with Sandra while it is reading between the lines a bit (or stretching) I think there is something there.

Kymystry says:

Sandra YOU making too much outta what he didn’t say … NAWWWW .. Not YOU *clutching the pearls*

heart2heart says:

I’m sure they have a father in their lives that love them very much already. Maybe you are putting too much on it, Sandra.

hellava10 says:

Monica got more props from Rocko than her other children

there i go with my random thoughts again

Songbird27 Says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Men are very territorial. It’s hard for a married man to accept another man’s kids.

bloggergirlz says:

sandra, what’s going on w/ ur photo gallery? i’ve been trying to view more pics from the shower…nothing appears?!

2bme says:

It could go either way but keep in mind, Usher is a young father and husband..his seed is more important to him because his own father wasn’t there..those children have their daddy and Tameka was quoted saying they didn’t need one because they had one already..her previous children are important because they are an extension of Tameka..I would assume it was an oversight..no real woman would be with a man who looked at children broght in from a previous family as his “wifes’s” kids..in my opinion some of us are reading too much into it

bloggergirlz Says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That server can’t handle all that traffic so it crashes.

miamore73 says:

———————————-

I don’t think a real woman would allow her children to be treated like an oversight/after-thought.

2bme says:

^^^well there you have it..guess she isn’t a real woman..i tried to help her out

Anna says:

miamore73 Says:

———————————-

——————-

So true. Only a gold digger, self absorbed non maternial one will. Or one that has kids that does not live with her. A real woman is not going to go through the head ache or heart ache of knowing her hubby/shack up bf and kids don’t get along. Not worth the risk and it never works out.

Anti-believer says:

Sandra you caught something but I don’t think you told everything.

This relationship isn’t real. It’s a business relationship that did not include him being a father to her first 3 kids that’s why.

aqtpie says:

The title of this post is kinda harsh but I personally would honestly have a problem with his answer but I’m pretty sure he loves the kids. I have nothing against Usher so I’m not hating, I just think he should’ve answered the question differently, then again I’m not Tameka either.

jamil2008 says:

Sandra, you’re not making too much out of it. I agree with you. He revealed his true character to us–selfish and arrogant. He could have at least ACKNOWLEDGED the kids even if he feels he doesn’t really have that bond and fatherly love with them yet.

jamil2008 Says:

He could have at least ACKNOWLEDGED the kids…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That’s the word I was looking for! Let me go back and edit my post. Thanks! :)

sweetface says:

WHO CARES IF USHER DIDNT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HIS STEPSONS THATS THE WAY HE IS. USHER LOVE HIS SON AND WIFE THATS IT USHER DO HAVE FEELING ABOUT HIS STEPKIDS PUT THEY ARE NOT CLOSE TO USHER THEY ARE CLOSED TO THERE FATHER USHER WIFE ALWAYS SHOVED THEM TO HER EX ALL THE TIME. AND SHE SEAM LIKE SHE IS MORE CORCERD ABOUT USHER AND HER SON. THEN HER BOYS. USHER WAS NOT CLOSED TO CHILLI SON BUT AM SURE THEY DID HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMOND CHILLI.ANYWAY CHILLI SON FATHER IS NOT AROUND HE WENT TO JAIL HE IS OUT BUT YOU NEVER SEE HIM WITH HIS SON THAT MURCH.

Anna says:

I can say that I did not read the article. Did Usher give props to the woman who gave him life? He gave props to his fans, he has to say that. How many fans are left making him money? Does his wife have a JOB? None of this is relevant becaue his pockets will alway be deeper than mine and not because he has a penis but because it’s called royalties of past record sales. I thought I read that he fired his momager so she could be “The Nanny named grandma”. Tameka put a spell on him and is now his wife that gave birth to their child. SMH. If they are happy than I am happy. They need a reality show so I can keep up. lol.

milly says:

Maybe hes trying to get used to them

greg says:

Shrug. Maybe he mad cause his “kids” beat him in Grand Theft Auto. How old are those kids anyway?

srv says:

It’s sad to say, but I am going through something similar, and it has definitely driven a wedge between me and my S.O. It’s a painful revelation and whoever said that no man is worth that is right. If Tameka wasnt’ such a vindictive snake, we might feel sorry for her, but…..you’re only good as what you go up against.

kwallace577 says:

i came to my marriage with 1. my husband did not have any and then we had 1 together. my hubby is a first hander with this. his father raised 3 kids that were not his as his mother came to the table with 3 and then they had 3 together. if you ask frank (my father in law) how many kids he has he will answer 6. includes all of ‘em. ask him about grandkids and he does a total head count too. same with my husband. he has 2 girls. loves my oldest one just as much if not more than our younger one. BUT i have some male friends and family that don’t give a shyt about the extras. i guess me and my mother-in-law lucked up.

tameka may be on the other end of luck….

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

DID HE ACKNOWLEDGE HIS MOTHER, THE WOMAN WHO GAVE HIM LIFE, WHO SACRIFICED FOR HIM TO BE WHERE HE IS TODAY? IS IT REALLY THAT SERIOUS FIRST OF ALL? DID YOU EVER THINK MAYBE THE KIDS FATHER DOESN’T WANT HIM TO HAVE A FATHERLY BOND WITH HIS CHILDREN? MAYBE HE HAS LITTLE INTERACTION WITH HER OTHER KIDS. SINCE SHE HAS HAD THEIR CHILD WHEN HAVE THEY BEEN SEEN WITH HER OR HIM? WE DON’T KNOW WHAT GOES ON WITHIN THE WALLS OF THESE PEOPLE HOMES. WHAT WAS THE QUESTION ASKED? HER IS THE EXCERPT FROM THE INTERVIEW. I REALLY DON’T SEE WHY OR WHY THEY WEREN’T MENTIONED.

Our boy—ahem, our man—Usher, was in New York recently and Parlour got the chance to kick it with the triple-threat chiseled entertainer. Don’t even try escaping his single “Love In This Club,” and his album, Here I Stand, hits shelves May 27th. With wall-to-wall club joints and slow jams made for quickies, this latest disc should knock as hard as its 2004 predecessor Confessions. But there’s a more mature Usher at its helm. It’s still the same Ursh who used to drop his pants during shows, except he’s married now (for which he’s attracted some hate) and just had his first child, Usher Raymond IV. Along with addressing the haters, Usher also let Parlour in on the mind state of a married man and how he’s getting better with age.

Parlour: Where’ve you been hiding?

Usher: I need you to miss me [he smiles]. If I stay in your face all the time you’ll get tired of seeing me. I went to Broadway (Chicago, the musical), did a movie. I had a label and still do. But when I’m in another area of entertainment I’m missing what I do the most. So I’ll be on stage playing Billy Flynn but singing records that I came up with or doing new dance choreography. Or if I’m on the set and supposed to be in character, I’m somewhere off in the corner singing and dancing.

P: How has your marriage and fatherhood affected your music?

U: This album, to me, is a staple in time. I like to make music about where I am, but I also try to make records that will be like soundtracks to life. So that people will be able to relate to them, maybe one day grow from them, learn, love from ‘em. This one particularly is more special than all of the others. I know it sounds cliché to say that! But honestly it’s the pivotal moment for me as an artist, as well as a husband in a way, and a father. These are all new journeys for me, the most meaningful, because they’re the most rewarding.

P: How exactly have you grown?

U: The knowledge that rests in the mistakes slowly but surely become wisdom, so that’s really the process that I’m going through as a man. Where I stand as a husband, as a father, as an individual, as a businessman, is all a testimony to what I’ve been through and where I’ve been.

P: How does “Love in This Club” fit into that?

U: “Love in This Club” is the position that I was in about two years ago and as a result of having that record, there’s a series of events that will happen.

P: Talk about the title track, “Here I Stand.” I heard some things about it…

U: It’s an intimate conversation that a young man has with his woman when he says, “I know it’s hard for you to believe that you’re the only one for me.” This is the set-up before a man says, “I’m standing here with you.”

P: And some of the other tracks?

U: “Something Special” is about the feeling of finding love for the first time. When you finally decide to really take a relationship to the next level and be serious it’s something that you don’t back away from. Even if you try to escape it, you can’t find a way to get out of it. It’s got to be something special. And a lot of times when you find that thing, other people may not believe in it. Other people may be against it. Other people may not understand it. But it’s you and that person against the world, and that’s really the attitude and the position you have to take.

P: Which song do you identify with the most?

U: Well, I identify with all of the records to be honest with you. But “Before I Met You” is one of the songs that I instantly identify with. I’ll just tell you some of the hook: “I was a hustler and a player before I met you. I tricked a little something, hit a little something before I met you. How you made a difference, what I been missing, I got my life together and I’ll thank you forever. I really used to go all out before I met you. Had a new one every night and sometimes I had two. But all of that done changed, my games, my frame of mind you got it right and I’ll love you for life.” It’s what I think a young man is, before he decides to become a real man.

P: Last words?

U: I love my son and I love my wife and they’re the supporting foundation of what I’m doing. I love my fans—I thank y’all so, so much for coming back to the party with me. For all you haters, sorry we back on top. [Laughs] For those of you that doubted it for a minute I’m really sorry for you, but this is definitely going to be a reward for those who’ve been waiting, rooting and supporting and I’m not gon’ let you down. I promise. ~p~

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

FOR THE PERSON WHO COMPARED DIDDY TO USHER, THERE IS NO COMPARISON, DIDDY RAISED QUINCY. THESE CHILDREN ARE NEW TO USHER. IT REALLY DOESN’T SEEM LIKE THE CHILDREN ARE AROUNG HIM MUCH. RECENTLY HE, TAMEKA AND THEIR CHILD WAS IN LOS ANGELES FOR QUITE SOME TIME.

LAChick says:

I put this on Tameka period. No way would I or as mentioned any other real woman get with a man and have him not acknowledge and accept the children. This makes me think that T is a gold digger and that this marriage is business, but I thought that anyway..

Goliano says:

You should work for the Clinton or McCain campaigns. Talk about blowing **** outta proportion!

jane says:

Now you know you don’t care for Tameka and Ushe, so why all of a sudden do you care about Tameka’s feelings lol

MOCHAMOMMY says:

i havent read the comments yet, but maybe he’s a thug, sandra. and we all know thugs are very private and dont express their feelings for their women and/or their children… now lemme see what yall thought

Even if Usher had been married to Chilli he wouldn’t owe Tron anything when they broke up. Tron has a father. The same applies to Tameka’s children. Do they live with Usher and Tameka? Unlike Diddy, I think Usher is being respectful to the children’s father. It’s bad enough he jacked the man for his wife. Jacking him for his kids would be overkill.

We have seen the issues that can arise when an entertainer takes on their mate’s kids with Halle and Eric. Didn’t Halle adopt his daughter? Did they have that annulled or something? How did the child feel when her legal mother cast her aside?

brwnsugga4you says:

MUNCHOSGIRL Says:
    ~~~i’m going to need you to stop copying entire magazine articles of the internet and posting them! your comments are so long we can’t read them…goodness. now,

i think he loves her children. i couldn’t see any mother allowing this to happen.

MUNCHOSGIRL Says:

************************************************************

See what I mean? Diddy claiming Quincy publicly has people all confused. People call Al all kinds of dead beat dad when we have no idea what kind of relationship Al has with his son. Kim has never said one bad word about Al. All Diddy does is claim Quincy. He’s not raising him, Kim is. I’d be willing to bet that Quincy and Diddy’s real children probably spend a couple of months a year with him due to his work and travel schedules. Yet whenever he is with them we get photos of them like he has something to prove. It’s a slap in the face to Al. I don’t praise Diddy for it and I think Kim is foul for allowing it. Quincy has a father and it ain’t Diddy no matter that his child support payments to Kim allow Quincy to live a lifestyle that his dad may not be able to afford.

MOCHAMOMMY says:

I dont think he meant any harm. Like everyone said, those kids are older, they know who their father is & Usher didnt raise them. I’m sure he loves them dearly, but he doesnt need to shout them out all the time. How would the father feel if another man was claiming the kids he raised until now? To me, I think the opinions & expectations of ppl here are too high. Usher stepped in when those kids were old enough to know who daddy was & understand the situation. Usher acknowledges them everytime he puts food in their mouth & clothes on their backs. No quote in a magazine can capture the time he puts in with those children.

Sandra, since u’re quoting Confucious, is it safe to say that u really love Jay Z, Beyonce & Usher? Ur compulsive actions speak louder than ur sarcastic words

Cherish says:

I dont believe it was an oversight. Usher knew exactly what he was saying and he chose exactly who he decided to claim. He could have just as easily referred to them all by saying he loved his family but he didnt do that he said he loves his son. He definitely put a subliminal message in there everybody just wasnt smart enough to catch it.

estyle4039 says:

Did anybody ever stop to think that maybe the additional “kids” are the “fans” that he’s referring too?!

LMAO @ Bird . . .”It’s bad enough he jacked the man for his wife. Jacking him for his kids would be overkill”. That was too funny!!!!!

stefany says:

I’M SURE HE DIDN’T MEAN IT LIKE THAT, I’VE SEEN PICTURES OF USHER OUT WITH TAMEKA’S CHILDREN, HE DOES TAKE INTERES IN HER CHILDREN.

2bme says:

Bird..you do know that the mother of Eric’s daughter died in a car accident when she was a baby..she wasn’t cast aside.

estyle4039 says:

MOCHAMOMMY Says:

***********

LMAO . . .her comments are coming back to bite her in the ass huh?

Liyah74 says:

My thing is why should Usher mention them. They are not his children. They are just his step-sons. They already have father, so what. Tameka knew what she was getting into when she married him.

gemini83 says:

^^^^^
    exactly

micca says:

anyway—

terika83 says:

Give Ush a break…for all we know, the children’s father may not want Usher to acknowledge them in a fatherly manner. I mean, I know I would be upset if my ex-husband ended up marrying someone he worked for, for years. It would make me feel like my relationship with him was a lie and there was something there between them during our marriage. My father does not even like me calling my stepfather “my step dad”…he gets VERY angry at that and I’m 24 years old, so I can only imagine.

2bme Says:

**********************************************************

I was saying she was cast aside by Halle who was legally her mother. I knew her mother died, which must have made it worse on the child when she had to lose another mother.

Lisa says:

I feel the same was about HALLE BERRY and INDIA. How hurtful it must be to India to lose a mother again, only to have her second mother on magazine covers glowing about her new baby.

estyle4039 says:

Do we know for sure if Halle isn’t participating in India’s life? . .Eric never had her (India) plastered all over mags with him, perhaps there is a mutual agreement that India stays out of the lime light.

sandra yes. you are making too much of what he didn’t say. alot of people don’t say alot of things or forget to. i’ve done speeches before or have had conversations and then after i was done thought…”oh man i shoulda said this and that too!”. u dig? don’t judge the man’s love for the kids by just one interview…please. we could tell you what kinda person we think you are from these blogs? but is it all true?

bigbawla says:

aww come on…

Songbird27 says:

That is so true Sandra.

Songbird27 says:

I don’t think Tameka cares whether he mentions the kids or not. As long as Tameka gets what SHE wants, she’s cool. She wanted the man and the money. so as long as Usher keeps that coming, she don’t care. From the things I’ve seen and read about her, she comes off as a very selfish person herself.

She was quoted before as saying “When I’m pregnant with Usher’s baby, trust me everyone will know!”

So, like I said, she got what she wanted. She wants the world to know SHE had Usher’s baby. I don’t think she cares how he says it, when he says it, where he says it, or how many times he says it. He could say my son, my children, the children, that man’s children…lol Point is, Tameka got what SHE wanted.

Songbird27 says:

I can identify with the point some of you are making when you say that their father may not want Usher to mention his kids at all. Example, my mother got very upset when my father’s new wife (my step mom) called the house! and she cussed my father out good fashion and told him never to call and put that woman on the phone with me in her presents ever again…lol I kid you not! For some parents, that is a huge issue. They get really upset when the new wives and husbands come in the picture and start aknowledging their children as “my step children”.

So, it could be that Ryan does not want Usher mentioning his children , period!