Throwback Thursdays: Damian Dame – Exclusivity

Damian Dame was the first group signed to LaFace Records. The duo consisted of Debra Jean “Deah Dame” Hurd, who died in a car accident on June 27, 1994. And Bruce Edward “Damian” Broadus who died of complications related to AIDS on June 27, 1996 – 2 years to the day Hurd died. Damian Dame’s New Jack Swing hit “Exclusivity” was LaFace’s first #1 hit.

Exclusivity Remix ft. Whodini & LBC Crew

9 Responses to “Throwback Thursdays: Damian Dame – Exclusivity”

kamini says:

Damn…I remember that song. But I didn’t they died. Wow!
    RIP

pointhimout says:

I thought Damian died from colon cancer. This is the group Chilli danced with before TLC. The jam is ‘gotta learn my rhythm.’

I remember that song even though I don’t remember the group or video. I’m sorry to hear both members died prematurely.

H-Town Shan says:

@pointhimout: Yeah, I’m with you. I read somewhere that Damian passed away from some form of cancer. I think it was stomach cancer.

Mimi Renee says:

Yeah I thought the guy died from stomach cancer too..thats what I remembering reading. And I liked their song “Gotta Learn My Rhythm” too.

mizzdallas says:

I remeber seeing them on “The Apollow Show” and that was long ago. It was so sad to hear both of them passed away.

cupcakes says:

Yeah, I like the remix version. That was the jsm back in the day.

So sad…yes, he did die from colon cancer. It was not AIDS complications Sandra!

hellava10 says:

The whole LaFace Cartel was hot back in the day, I still listen to Reversal of a Dog. His hair was laid on the Get Right Down To It video. I’m having major flashbacks to real music.

tamel says:

Wow, I didn’t know that they both had passed away. Just a few weeks ago I was trying to get my friend to remember the group by singing Exclusivity to him. I searched and searched for the video but couldn’t find it.