Teenage Supermodel Jourdan Dunn Pregnant

According to Vogue, Supermodel Jourdan Dunn is knocked up already with her first child. Jourdan, 18, is still in high school.

British supermodel, Jourdan Dunn, 18, who is currently seen in ads for Yves Saint Laurent’s La Nuit de L’Homme perfume, is pregnant with her first baby.

Dunn and her boyfriend will welcome their child in December and both are very excited about their new arrival.
Jourdan said to Vogue.com, “I’m really looking forward to the future and having my baby. I’m lucky – I’m feeling really well. I’m healthy and happy!”

A rep for Storm, the agency that Jourdan works for, said, “Jourdan is delighted and really excited. She’s had lots of lovely personal messages of support from all her friends in the fashion industry and it’s great news. We wish her all the best.”

Isn’t it a sad refelction of the times when people are excited for a teenager who is having a baby? I guess grandma will babysit the kid while Jourdan walks the runway.

47 Responses to “Teenage Supermodel Jourdan Dunn Pregnant”

Mika79 says:

What’s sad is that this doesn’t upset me…because it just seems so normal. But hey, if she has granny’s support, more power to her…better that then leaving the baby with just anyone. I had my family to help me and still do…gotta love family!

The Divine Ms. K says:

I mean, she’s 19, but doesn’t have a typical teenage job. She’s a model and I’m sure my tax dollars won’t be supporting her and it’s not like she’s working on her 3rd or 4th child at 19, so congrats go out to her.

Mika79 says:

Exactly Ms. K…she won’t be hurting for money.

Nicola says:

I’m with Sandra on this. This is nothing to get excited about -unprotected sex whoopee!

But this is the end for her. Having a kid so young killed Beverley Peele’s career too -and we all know how that turned out. Besides, now that her money’s about to dry up, I’m sure the boyfriend will disappear too.

It’s sad that young black girls keep making things harder for themselves by getting pregnant so young. I think the problem is that “family” helps out too much. Too many grandma’s involved (hardly ever any grandpas). Their peers need to see how hellish single motherhood can be, maybe that will be a deterrent, because poverty, AIDS and herpes isn’t.

LadyJustice says:

shes 18 and still in highschool? =/ well she be in highschool this coming school year

LovelyLady says:

While Im not excited for her, she want be hurting for money. Shes a “Super Model”, noto just a Model so Im sure she will be fine. And how can family help out “too much”, that doesnt make any sense family is suppose to be there.

And for the record its not just “black girls”. Stop singling us out from every other races. Teen pregnancy doesnt discriminate against race.

Anna says:

This kind of surprised me. Who that young with a great career wouldn’t double up on birth control but what’s wrong with abstinence?

Our first black super model passes away yesterday and I don’t see any posts about her. Naomi Sims. RIP!

Daisy says:

Anybody see the MTV show 16 and prg? I was so glad everybody was WHITE except one mixed girl I do believe. Black teens arent the only prg teens.

I pray she has a healthy happy baby!

I was always told/taught that condoms can and do break so why do ppl love to assume that if you get prg u didnt use protection :waiting:

Charles says:

Another teenage whore what a surprise
    :cof:

Or however u do the damn coffee thing

starr says:

I’m with Sandra with this one. And shelve life of Modeling career isn’t that long, with the exception of a few that we can probably say off the top our head. So she probably not hurting for money right now….but thats just right now….I’ve seen so many of these so called young supermodels….and then they disappear

Nicola says:

@ The Divine Ms. K Says
    Someone’s tax dollars will be supporting her shortly. This is probably her first job and she was just starting her career, except for the unplanned pregnancy, I suspect everyone thought she had a couple more years of earning power. Whatever money she has, if any, will dry up soon. Hopefully she’ll prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

ELove says:

@Daily… Great Point

I PERSONALLY wouldn’t want-or-allow-or-support my child if she were to have gotten pregnant in H.S. BECAUSE that is something that isn’t ALLOWED in my household AT ALL

And MONEY should never be the deciding factor in deciding that THIS TIME it’s o.k. or acceptable because SHE can afford to take care of the child… When did money REPLACE good parenting skills, emotional-balance ALONG with ethical-n-moral foundation of values to live by …

WHAT H.S. kid or College student who hasn’t received a college degree ARE IDEAL CANDIDATES for parenthood… LOOK how many grown-azz folks are parents THAT SHOULDN’T be parents at all (Just My Opinion)

LadyJustice says:

@Nicola

she can still model with a kid. her career doesnt have to stop. people do it everyday

ELove says:

Daisy… Forgive me for mis-spelling !!!
    :hug:

Daisy says:

@E Love no problem babe :love:

I would not turn on my child if she got prg. in high school although I PRAY that would never be the case. I would push her towards the clinic though *runs out before the daggers come my way*

LadyJustice says:

*Throws dagger at daisy*

lol

Anna says:

Daisy Says:

~~~~~~~~
    I love that show. The best couple was Catelyn and Tyler. I did notice the only token. It surprised me at the reunion “Dr Drew After The Labor” that all couples were still together.

ELove says:

@Daisy
    I would STILL love her but doing THE THINGS that would lead to pregnancy in High-School isn’t A MISTAKE… By doing such BROKE a Rule & Code of conduct that this household lives by AND THEREFORE you lose Trust-n-Respect by disregarding this WAY OF LIFE that this household Supports and Lives by

In MY OPINION by letting that slide I’m saying I REALLY don’t believe in THE CODE of ETHICS-n-MORALS that I choose to live by… I CAN’T ACCEPT that with opens arms of warmth-n-care

Daisy says:

*peeps back in*

@Elove I feel you and get all that but at the end of the day that’s still your child. I plan on being open about s*x and my expectation as a parent and being safe and coming to me IF they feel the need to become active in high school (again I pray that is not the case) but after all that is said and done some kids still go out right or wrong have s*x and end up teen parents NO matter how many rules and regualtion are put down in their household.

@Lady I still have love for you..lol

shunda says:

Ok. I was a teenage parent. I was pregnant at 16 and had my daughgter at 17. I worked very hard not to fit into any of the stereotypes you guys are throwing out there. I got pregnant while on birth control that I took exactly as I was supposed to. I do not defend any of my behavior. It just hurts that you guys jump to conclusions like this and no I have never been on welfare or any public assistance.

Anna says:

shunda Says:

““““`
    If we took a poll I bet the majority of us were teen parents. I was 18 for all of two months when I had my first born. We do know that birth control is not 100% and some ppl were trying to be responsible, stuff happens.

Daisy says:

Shunda :hug: I did not jump to conculsions about you or the model..lol I know I have sinned and fallen short. However, on the flip side there are way to many teen moms in our community who do get my tax money via WIC,welfare and other govt services. Being a teen mom is not the ideal situation IMO BUT I don’t feel the teen mom should be stoned either.

FYI I was way to scared to have sex in high school..lol

Anna says:

FYI I was way to scared to have sex in high school..lol

~~~~~
    Did you do like my kid did and wait until you’re getting ready to leave for college and say “by the way I need birth control?

Shauny says:

shunda- I won’t even comment because I’m just SMDH at some of the things being said here. We love to hope and see the worst in ourselves don’t we. Kudos to you and your story and showing that every teenaged mother wont be on welfare, raising gangbangers, murderers, etc.

Teen pregnancy isn’t cute but if the chit happens for whatever reason. It isn’t the end of the world. Oh and cosigning with the people who commented on the “black” comments. This chit isn’t happening to Blacks only. GTFOOH

Oh, and half your asses that are complaining probably were raised by your damn grannies talking about helping out. If any of my children are faced with this we will deal. Right now it’s up to me to make sure it doesn’t but I wont give up on them or let him/her fend for themselves because of a bad decision. What good parent would?

LovelyLady says:

Co Sign

Shauny

ELove says:

@Daisy (comment #22)
    AND that’s JUST HOW my daughter felt as well !!!
    LOL

BTW I was 19 and in college when my daughter was born…
    The mother was 25 year old student & professional worker

LovelyLady says:

Although Im not a teen mother (Im 21) or a mother at all, I feel for all the young girls having kids young. Shut even if you wait until your 25 to have a kid it still can be much harder if you dont have a job, family support, father figure and so on.

Young girls make mistake all the time but that doesnt mean they should be thrown to the back of the bus for it. And no we shouldnt glorify it but at the same time we shouldnt hide from it like it doesnt exist.

Nicola says:

@Lady Justice
    She can still model, but she won’t be attracting the same caliber of advertiser that she once had. She is now a unwed, black, single mom first, and a model second, with all the privileges that stigma carries.

Beverley Peele and Niki Taylor got pregnant at the same time, (if memory serves me correct) and I think they were the same age. Beverley’s career fell off quickly, while Niki’s slowly dropped off after having her twins (also out of wedlock) -But she had a Cover Girl contract to keep her in the public eye while she was pregnant -but I don’t think that was renewed.

It’s the sad reality. Maybe she’ll prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

Daisy says:

@Anna I have never been on the pill..lol and I would have NEVER told my mama I needed to be on the bc.lol I did have sex for the 1st time in college but as some of yall know I was raised old skool to wait for marriage so that phase was very brief..lol

@Shauny ^5 PREACH PREACHA..lol

Daisy says:

@Nicola Nikki was married when she had her twins I do believe she got a divorce and is now re married *correct me if I am wrong* She was in her 20s(early maybe) as well and not a teen.

starr says:

Like most of everyone has said…being a teenage mother isn’t ideal, and i’d say most wouldn’t want that for their kids, but shyt happens. Thats the way it goes sometimes. People can’t generalize about teen mother’s. I don’t know any one that was a teenage mother that depended on govt help. Infact, my cousins mother had him when she was sixteen. She went to school til it was time to pop, finish h.s. on time, and graduated college in four years w/ out taking summer session or winter sessions. This woman owns her own home, and has two cars. Being a teenage mother doesn’t have to be set back

melinla says:

Elove likes the older women **gigglin’**

Anywho – I had my daughter at 21 and I fought all the stereotypes…bottomline is kids are gonna have sex young some will get caught up…you do the best you can as a parent and make the best outta of the situations life hands you.

Best advice I have is learn from your mistakes and keep moving forward!

Mspeng says:

I don’t see why the comment about grandmas helping out is such a big issue. I’m sure most people would LOVE to have grandmas helping no matter how old they are when they have their children. I have a 7 month old and for the record…it’s NOT easy. A solid family structure (and that involves more than mommy and daddy) is what is necessary to raise a good child.

Shauny says:

starr – I feel you because of all of the people I know in how were teenaged moms, only 1 didn’t finish high school and find a good job/go to college. I will commend her though because it’s never too late and she got her GED and is in community college. It takes longer to click for some I guess.

Daisy – I was like you and was scared to have sex in highschool. I lost a few boyfriends to a sluty “best friend” because she was doing WAY more than I was willing to do in my teens.

Oh and Niki was married, a teen still but married. I don’t think Beverly Peele was a teen mother either. I’ll have to google it. Maybe early 20s.

miamore73 says:

I had my first two months before my 19th birthday. She’s about to be 16 this month. WHEW TALK ABOUT TIME FLYING!!

I am extremely open and honest with her about sex and what she can expect from boys (especially that tired ass game). She asks questions and she gets answers.

If she were to get pregnant I would definately support her and that baby until she could do it alone. If she decided to go to college I’d be there to take care of her baby while she handled her busines. This time in they’re life is so temporary. High School and College the dumb years between 16-20 when they think they know everything and where they’re going to make the majority of they’re most critical mistakes. My plan is that if she ever needs me I’d be there to make sure her permanent years aren’t jacked up because of one bad decision.

I can say however, that my husband would have a completely different view. More like E’s.

Nicola says:

@ Daisy,

I think she got pregnant at 19 and announced it. Then married the football player. Beverley was living with (or married her boyfriend too, after the fact). I’ll have to google it, but I think there was very little age difference between the two.

Niki had the twins in December 1994 and was born in March 1975 -19 years old. From Wiki: “In May 1996, she set a record by appearing on the cover of the six major American women’s fashion and fitness magazines in the same month: Allure, Vogue, ELLE, Marie Claire, Self, and Shape. They have become known as the “Niki Six.”” So I was wrong, she didn’t drop off slowly after the kids.

Beverly had her little Cairo in 1995, she started “acting” (and doing music videos) shortly there after.

Nicola says:

Please don’t misunderstand my critique of Jourdan or any other single mom. Having a kid at 19 (or 16) doesn’t ruin your life, unless you allow it. But it does alter it.

But I had a friend in high school who was working as a actress, a few bit parts, walk ons -one lines etc. She met some guy (on set) who convinced her they should be together. Long story short, three kids by twenty, thanks to twins.

But, she never once stopped school finished high school, then got a college degree. Then her Bachelors and had career in a field that she would not have chosen if not for the kids. She recently a Masters in hopes of getting out of that field. Her kids are now “grown” (or almost there). But in the back of her mind there is always that “what if”. Jourdan is going probably have that.

Daisy says:

@Nicola thanks for clearing that up for me..lol

@Shauny Girl I feel you all my friends were getting it on but me even this girl who was quieter than I was. NOBODY could beieve she was the one who got prg cause nobody thought she was doing anything..lol

LadyJustice says:

daisy says
    FYI I was way to scared to have sex in high school..lol

lol me too daisy. i was so scared of boys. all my granny use to say was “boys dont wanna do nothing but get u pregnant” and i believed her. i didnt have sex until college, and i didnt have kids until i was married.

miamore73 says:

Nicola I totally agree that having a child will definately alter your life and have you going what if. But so does choosing to turn left instead of right. Every chose we make alters our life daily. That’s why I would help my daughter make an informed decision and then stand by her no matter what. Hopefully helping to insure that her life isn’t altered to much.

ELove says:

@miamore73
    YEAH that Cycle-of-Life is a B-I-T-C-H for real !!!
    Every Action has an equally-measured Reaction that takes apart in your development in life… ALSO appreciate comment #35 because we ALL feel the SAME WAY but Females & Males administer and advocate differently which is more due to OUR Gender than our state of mind.

@melinla
    Yeah the Older Females definitely HAD a brutha turned-out for a minute… I CAN’T lie about that LOL

And I APPRECIATE all of the woman who have overcome this kind of situation BECAUSE it isn’t easy by any stretch of the imagination (Real Talk)
    :clap:

intensemocha says:

Sandra why you talking about your people’s like that?

You act like this is only a black american issue….lol

shunda says:

Daisy- I actually was dumb enough to think it was okay because I only had one boyfriend all throughout high school. I have really learned. There are little girls in my daughter’s class that are already having sex. We need to reach them young. I have talked to my daughter and I hope she sees what we have went through. Her father and I are very honest with her about sex and STD’s.

masonmom says:

what a great topic! i had mason at 25 and wonder how in the world can teens and tweens have babies. daycare, milk and diapers are expensive enuff. teens do depend on their parents alot too. i got pregnant at 17 and my mom was NOT havin it. i couldnt be mad at her. people can protest abortion all they want but in the end they are the main ones throwing stone cuz u end up on welfare. u definitely gotta talk to em young becuz they have so much access to sex via internet and friends. my daughter better NOT come home pregnant until she is grown and out my dmn house. im not supporting nobody else dmn kids other than ones that come outta MY womb! i dnt give a shyt who likes it or not. and dont expect me to babysit cuz even as a grandma im kickin it in miami!

Daisy says:

@Mason thanks for sharing. I am pro choice and although I never had to make that decision I went with several gfriends who did.

The Divine Ms. K says:

I don’t accept, not accept, happy or sad about her having a baby. I mean, it’s not only black girls who get pregnant as teenagers, so I’m not jumping on the “she’s a whore” wagon with this.

And I would never judge someone either. No one knows if her money will dry up in the next few months, so I’m not going there with it. I’ve sinned in my life, so I cast no stones. As long as she’s happy and can take care of her baby, what can you say?

KaraZ says:

End of her career, even if her body bounces back 6 hours after the baby, she will be replaced. Welp, she can always go to college and make a regular living.