Footage of Rapper Shyne Arriving in Belize After Being Deported

Rapper Shyne, real name Jamal Barrow, was deported from the U.S. to his native Belize after 9 years of incarceration for a conviction following a nightclub shooting.

Shyne, who changed his name to Moses Michael Levi, is the son of the Prime Minister of Belize. He appeared frail and somber as he was met by a crush of media.

Shyne chose not to speak with the media after arriving in Belize in the company of a U.S. marshall. He rented a complete floor at the Belize Radisson hotel while his place at his father’s home is being readied.

16 Responses to “Footage of Rapper Shyne Arriving in Belize After Being Deported”

Daisy says:

Good Luck n God Bless Shyne!

KaraZ says:

His dad is the prime minister? Shoot I bet he’s happy to be deported… but I still want him to whoop Puffy’s azz.

alexander says:

who knew?

shannon04 says:

He has been locked down for a long time. I hope he has found some type of peace in his life.

shannon04 says:

I know right…I always felt like puffy was so wrong for how he handled that entire situation. Just left shyne hanging completely.

Daisy says:

Based on what I read Shyne’s father never really had any dealings with him and his mother cause I believe (somebody correct me) his mother was the jump off and never really did anything but beat/abuse both Shyne and his mother back in the day. Again somebody feel free to correct me lol That is why Shyne and his mama came to the states to get away from it all.

alexander says:

i still bump shyne’s first cd. i remember little kim didn’t like him because she thought he was trying to sound like biggie.

KayCeiSoul says:

Frail and somber is about right after all he’s been through; locked up for someone else’s mess for 9 years, deportation, now having to restart his life in a different society. Dang Shyne, I mean Moses! I hope you catch a break and keep flowing, because you were nice.

omina-homina says:

ah, so shyne’s father was not involved in his life. now i understand, but he did alright for not having a father. I mean, he did go to jail, but so did Kwame Kilpatrick and many other college educated diplomatic types. At least, shynes missteps are excusable. I like his displayed humility. I wish him the absolute best.

free says:

shyne was the dumb *ss who pulled the trigger. puffy is a lover not a fighter; he’s not doing a bid or paying up for anybody.

shyne should have a permanent place in the museum of “when keeping it real goes wrong”.

Mspeng says:

I’m upset that they couldn’t have just deported him 9 years ago. Why lock somebody up for their whole sentence (which means they paid for their crime) and then punish them further by sending them back to a country they barely know. I know people who’ve been deported who have lived in the US, Canada, England since they were toddlers so clearly all bad behaviour and influences were picked up in that country…not the one they left at 3 years old.

ReadTheBlog says:

For some reason, I believe Shyne will be back in the US soon.

pointhimout says:

son of a prime minister? stop it. wow. answer me this someone; if the U.S. was going to deport him, why not do it nine years ago? I can’t believe they kept him in prison over here for nine years then weeks after he gets out, his deported?

Puffy, you’re good. Oh yeah, ur good.

RahrahRiah says:

I believe Shine is in a good position… I feel he will be back in the states soon in some shape or form. Puffy is dirty and does his artists dirty, now he has gone international….watch out, more to come on this story, watch…

Hermosa says:

Wow!

You change the face of an immigrant and all of a sudden people are wishing luck and sending blessings.

And he’s a convicted felon?!?!

If this was a Mexican man wit no fame…no one on here would be wishing his return to the US.

Hypocrites.

Daisy says:

Hermosa not everybody is anti mexican! So u shld not ASSume things. Mexicans r n this country illegal and probably will always be so I don’t understand your argument or point. I wat everybody on the books so they can PAY into the system that they utilize just like I have to do. I have done missions trips n the slums of Mexico so I understand why they cross the border illegally so I want them n everybody else to have a faster way to become legal plain n simple. If Shyne was a mexican boxer that was being deported I’m sure the latinos wld be speaking out as well.