Monica Did Not Steal Shannon

On Friday, I received a ton of emails from readers asking about R&B singer Monica stealing Lakers guard Shannon Brown from another woman. I didn’t know Brown was married.

In fact he’s not married. Nor was he in a relationship with anyone when he met and wooed Monica. Just because a man has a child with a groupie does not mean he’s engaged to said groupie.

Brown made a mistake by sleeping with a Laker groupie and impregnating her. But now he’s taking responsibility for his youthful indiscretions. Brown is paying his child support and he is involved in the child’s life.

Now he has met the woman of his dreams and he knows what love is. Of course the groupie is butt hurt and now she’s running to the blogs with her lies. By the way, these are my words and no one else’s.

So can we let these rumors die?

Brown responded to the allegations on his Twitter page:

“I write this to set the record straight. Media deception makes unfair and false reports of the truth, and it does not bring out the best in ANYONE. Monica is my girlfriend, confidant and a strong successful women that has been though a lot herself but she is in no way, a home wrecker. As a parent, I understand that parenting requires a partnership with my sons mother however the relationship between us fizzled a long time ago. Thus, never leading up to seven years, engagement or even talks of marriage. As parents, we have to continue to raise our son, and as individuals we both deserve happiness.” Thank you for the support and God Bless!
-SB

119 Responses to “Monica Did Not Steal Shannon”

dcwife1622 says:

People fall in and out of love everyday…. Everyone is not going to be together forever. I don’t want a man that does not want me! I hope it works out for Monica and Shannon. :heart:

Daisy says:

@dcwife :cosign:

POW POW to all those who were pressed and quick to call her a homewrecker (a term I hate anyway)

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

as always :cheer: Monica!

kwall says:

For some reason I don’t care if she is or ain’t.

That girl he was with was/is a baby MUVAH–not a wife.

DJM…

:cheer: monica…

Krysi J says:

WOW :grin: Im SO FREAKING HAPPY FOR MONICA RIGHT NOW!!!

you ain neva heard ROcko out right claim this woman, and she really deserved somebody who would not refer to her as his “folk” or “peoples” …?Really?

TEAM MONICA AND SHANNON :cheer:

:yahoo:

Lady_L says:

Ok….and????

aqtpie says:

Hunh? I guess I am the only one who hasn’t even heard of any rumor about Monica for Shannon to dispute. :shrugs: Everyone deserves happiness, and hopefully they are happy together!!

CivilEngineer says:

YAY!! #sarcasm

I’m glad she’s upgraded…I think

eastpointvet says:

you cant steal anyone anyway they leave because they want 2

intensemocha says:

OF COURSE SHE DIDNT U CANT STEAL A MAN, BUT I DIGRESS

Divinebrown says:

Monica doesnt strike me as the type to go for THAT OKIE DOKE ANY DAMN WAY!!! I didn’t even entertain those homewrecker rumors.

She was catching shade because of Alicia and Fanny. I actually believe Monica when she speaks. I saw an episode of Kourt and Khlo take Miami and Khloe interview Monica. They only showed a clip of it and MONICA WAS ON THERE SPITTIN’ and Dropping knowledge!!

I LOVE HER!! *Gotta Move on will always be my issssshhh*

PAHairston says:

Hello All. Hope all had a great weekend. “All’s fair in love and war.”

buddapecan says:

Saying Monica is a homewrecker is an oxymororn. ;) Team Mo!

Daisy says:

@intense I’z married now! CONGRATS I agree w/u and East

Krysi J says:

INTENSE…..!!! CONGRATULATIONS GURL…love the Gravi…glad you ain looking over the top at us anymore…LOL

CivilEngineer says:

For some reason I feel like Sandy release this statement :think: :shrug:

iscream says:

I stopped reading after you called the mother of his child(ren) a groupie.

Three sides to every story and 9 times out of 10 if its coming out that she stole him from there is likely some truth to the story. While he may not have been fully committed to her he was probably still keeping her bed warm from time to time. Leading her on to believe something was still there.

And them being married don’t have crap to do with him emotionally and physically cheating on her. If a man can’t be a good boyfriend he damn sure won’t be a good husband. Just like #Rockosalute

I read on another site that his baby mother is the least of Monica’s troubles….. :coffee:

buddapecan says:

INTENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful pic! I hope all went well with the wedding. Good to “see” you!!!

H-Townmama says:

Good morning SR fam
    Im glad Mo has a man who wants to be with her. He claimed her with pride!

Off topic…congratulations intense!!!! You look so happy.

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

:blink:

aqtpie says:

You look great in your gravi Intense!!!

Cinnamon Kisses says:

I am glad Mo found someone who is successful and He is a looker.
    :yahoo:

iscream says:

:bye: congratulations!!!!!! INTENSE. Hey girl. Hope your day was stress free and you didn’t have to cuss anyone out :lol:

Happy to see you back.

“Sit and spin bitshes sit and spin”. :)

Jay3088 says:

Whatever :rolleyes: , I just need her to put out another cd.:yahoo:

cheeks8683 says:

Congrats intense!!!

I gotta love a man that sets the record straight. I really hope it works out for monica, he seems like a stand up guy…unlike rocko and his trife self.

Ms. Thickness says:

CONRGRATS INTENSE ON YOUR SPECIAL DAY.

yvonne79 says:

:yawn: at this topic. Never heard this rumor and I could care less…..

Some of you guys make me wanna dust my camera off. I see you KWall and Intense. :wink: Congratulations on your big day Intense. I wish you nothing but success and happiness in your union.

TruGemini says:

Krysi J says:

_____________________________________________________

:cosign: :cosign: Or “sidekick” as LeBron calls it…

intensemocha says:

THANX EVERYONE-MY DAY WAS PERFECT FROM START TO FINISH-SO HAPPY I DIDN’T HAVE To CUSS ANYBODY OUT-I REFUSED TO ALLOW ANYONE OR ANYTHING UPSET ME THAT DAY!

Divinebrown says:

AWWWW…that pic is so cute Intense!!! YOU GON SHOW US THE REST?????

or at least a fewwwww, dang.

Smokie says:

Talk about a step UP! He’s such a good look for Monica. GO girl!

IsaiahsMom says:

Um–who says that later down the line that Shannon won’t think that Monica was a ‘mistake’?

The groupie was good enough to be laying up with (unprotected)–don’t assume that he didn’t love her or that they weren’t having a relationship.

Sr–you know better! :kona:

Danielle84 says:

I agree! Good luck to Monica and Shannon :heart: I don’t think Fantasia or Alicia are “homewreckers” either! You can’t steal somebody… It’s just not possible.

IsaiahsMom says:

iscream says:

I stopped reading after you called the mother of his child(ren) a groupie.

——————————–
    :cosign:

KaraZ says:

umm so Monica has moved on already from the love of her life, I guess it has been years since her & Rocko were together like that.

eastpointvet says:

intense hide ya husband they raping everybody out here

IsaiahsMom says:

Congrats Intense! I hope y’all had a good time! :party:

IsaiahsMom says:

eastpointvet says:

intense hide ya husband they raping everybody out here

__________________________________________

Run tell that–homeboy!

gypsyeyes says:

WAY TO GO INTENSE!!!
    Glad you had a perfect day. I swear I thought about you last night when I was watching Bridezillas(my imagination) was at work. I was like for all I know that is Intense. Anyway congrats.
    So when you gonna be out the fluffy, newlywed mode and get to CAPPIN’??? j/k.

Daisy says:

I don’t think his baby mama is a groupie didn’t he say they were together 7yrs or did I make that up

@isc he may have truly moved on and not been dbl dipping not all men are that way #justsaying I agree 3 sides to every story in this case and Akeys

Anna says:

Intense you look beautiful. I am sure you are glad it’s over. My daughter has turned into “Bridezilla”, she is driving me nuts. One of her bridal showers was Saturday. I got to meet my future in-laws.

kwall says:

intense hide ya husband they raping everybody out here
    —————————–
    @east…get cho azz off this blog with that “dodson” shat…

:dead:

i got tears……..

MzAkatude says:

Okay so when was all that talk from Monica’s mgment a month ago saying that she wasn’t dating Shannon and now he is shouting her butt out on Twitter? He must not have spoken with her cousin /Publicist to see if he could spill the beans that they had already denied! Im glad she has moved on from Rocko… Monica is amazing and she deserves to be happy and drama free.

Daisy says:

@east :rofl:

@danielle :cosign:

kwall says:

Congrats to Intense and Mr. Intense.

Gone girl..get that married dack now… :cheer:

Anna says:

intensemocha says:

~~~~~~~~~~
    Has married life calmed you down already? :lol: Now that we get to see “you”, why do you look sweet and innocent vs some of your past comments? LOL.

crzasallgetout says:

Congrats Intense!!

Gypsy
    I watched Bridezilla and that “diva” chick with the fire was GHETTO!! IF she would’ve rolled her neck one more time. smh

aqtpie says:

eastpointvet says:
    intense hide ya husband they raping everybody out here
    **************

gypsyeyes says:

@Crazy- you talking about last nights episode? I didn’t see any fire.

shannon04 says:

Congratulations Intensemocha..cute pic :cheers:
    and I am happy for monica.

intensemocha says:

LOL-CAPPIN I LUV THAT! AND YES I’M GLAD IT’S OVER!!!

FloridaChick813 says:

Awwww, I’m happy for Mo :cheer: He’s not addressing her as a “side-kick” or a “situation”. He outright said that is his woman!!!!!!!

And :cosign: with DCWIFE :D

crzasallgetout says:

@ Gyp
    the black girl. Well not a big fire but when her shoe caught fire. It may have been the episode from last week that came on again. At the club.

LesBinLuv says:

Monica deserves to be happy…AND HE WAS NOT MARRIED! #blacklove

FloridaChick813 says:

Lesssss :hug: How are you lady??

SoBlessed says:

Hello everyone. I am so happy for Mo.

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

Gypssayyyy! I had my appt for my perm and the closer it got the more paranoid I got and I called and cancelled!

iscream says:

I saw the fire chick on Bridezilla’s I wouldn’t have been trying to stomp a fire out but she had a beautiful wedding. :lol: @ gyps I also thought about Intense when watching yesterday

But why is everyone acting like Intense didn’t have a pic up before. :shrug: she had a close up with a short hair cut.

@ Daisy I don’t know if he was double dipping but rumors usually carry some truth.

intensemocha says:

PEOPLE ALWAYS MISTAKEN ME FOR SWEET & INNOCENT UNTIL I OPEN MY MOUTH-Lol

I’M STILL ON A HIGH BUT WHO KNOWS MAYBE I’LL SETTLE DOWN OR GET WORST

THX FOR THE COMPLIMENTS LUV WILL DO THAT TO U-MAKE U GLOW EVEN HARDCORE INTENSE

kwall says:

RIGHT to all the folks who said Shannon was NOT married.

GF/Baby Muvah best ask Shar Jackson what the fukk to do when your BD come home and announce he done hooked up with someone more famous than YOUR AZZ…

#shyhappens

gypsyeyes says:

I’m happy for Mo and he was able to say all that without without saying
    #ROCKOSALUTE

crzasallgetout says:

@isc
    she did. I didn’t like the way she was coming down the aisle at first though. lol

gypsyeyes says:

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Glad you punked out because you would have eventually had regrets that is why I cut all mines off again. I will not be perming again.

gypsyeyes says:

She was coming down ghetto as hell. Like Jazz and his wife on Fresh Prince

crzasallgetout says:

awww @ Intense
    I’ll be married one year next month. Time FLEW by too.

Anna says:

iscream says:

But why is everyone acting like Intense didn’t have a pic up before. she had a close up with a short hair cut.
    ~~~~~~~
    In that pic I could only see the side of her face and a nice hair cut.

mirsmommy says:

Damn, they’re relationship is fresh as a newborn baby, and already some drama about another bish???? :shrugs: Maybe he was still smashin his baby’s moms, til he met/got serious with Monica???? :shrugs: Ya never know, but if Monica’s happy, then I’m happy for her.

Congrats Intense!!!! :cheer:

crzasallgetout says:

YES @ Gypsy
    Her girls were pretty but it looked like his boys were a little rough. lol

LadyJustice says:

:dead: @ eastpointvet. u stooopid!

congrats intense – may yall have a wonderful life together

intensemocha says:

I’M GLAD HE SPOKE OUT & HAVING A MAN’S CHILD DOESN’T ENTITLE U TO OWNERSHIP-SHE SHOULD HAVE DEMANDED MORE FROM HIM SO IT WOULDNT BE SO EASY FOR HIM TO PICKUP & MOVE ON

dcwife1622 says:

Congrats Intense….and I don’t think all rumors have truth. This is the internet age….With all the reckless blogs that don’t check their facts anybody can say anything. I’m thinking about starting a rumor about being Nelly’s wife…. :hump:

whatdoesitmatter says:

Well thank goodness for that.

mirsmommy says:

dcwife1622 says:

________________________________

:rofl: Please go to the :kona:

T.Y'z Cha Cha says:

kwall says:

Congrats to Intense and Mr. Intense.

Gone girl..get that married dack now…

OMG because married DACK is best DACK ever

:cheer1: team married dack

O/T Im happy for Monica girl you got yourself a mature man that seems to be IN LOVE with you. He was like let me get this shyt straight RAT now!!!
    I think I :heart: Shannon Brown

Divinebrown says:

I MEANNN SERRRRRIOUSLY DCWIFE….

You got KatStacks, who can come out and make up the most ridiculous lies about Nelly. He came on a radio show and confronted the chick…She said it wasnt Nelly. REALLY? :blink: People STILL ENTERTAIN THAT CHICK!! For the life of me, I will never understand why people believe everything they read.

Daisy says:

@dcwife u are all n my head today and n this case the baby mama wasn’t even the one saying he was still w/her so I never believed it anyway :shrug: 3 sides to every story she cld come out today or this wk and say Shannon lying he was still w/me we will never know the truth other than he is w/ Monica now.

Nelly :heart: :hump:

dcwife1622 says:

@DB…I heard the interview with Kat Stacks and she didn’t even know his voice. She was stumbling all over her lies. I was listening talking about …you tell her Boo! Kat Stacks should be the reason folks don’t believe all this stupid mess… @ Daisy… I :heart: you.

intensemocha says:

THAKS & CONGRATS TO ALL! YEAH KNOWING IT’S YOURS FOREVER IS A TURN ON ;-)

iscream says:

@ kwall

Same question can be asked of Moshonda and Mrs. Cook. :|

dcwife1622 says:

As far as Swizz Beats goes…. obviously there were some problems at home because he had a damn baby on Mashonda before Alicia… so whatever! I like Mashonda but stop acting like AK was the only reason they are not together. Everybody is looking for sympathy… Wake up women. How are you going to force a man to stay with you?…I’m the prize and he better act like it. shat!

chase says:

Congrats Intense….

Congrats to Mo I am happy for her anything is a step up from Rocko and C-Murder….
    I don’t think his child’s mom wa a groupie I also heard they were together for a while and in his statement he made it seem like they were together and just grew apart….

Divinebrown says:

@DCWIFE…..HAIL YEA!! I was sooooo embarrassed for her. She just kept going on and on with the lies. It was outrageous!! WHO DOESN’T KNOW NELLY’S VOICE? I could even tell that was really him on the recording!

Honestly…I don’t know what happened with Swiss. But Mashonda used Alicia Keys as the scapegoat. She was the sole reason for the demise of the relationship. I’m sure the truth is somewhere RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE. Who knows….

I couldnt imagine people being all up in my life like that. BUTTTT then again, I don’t have the money to make me reconsider. lol

Daisy says:

@dcwife I :heart: u right back!! I am the prize dammit :lol: beep beep toot toot u better ask somebody ok let me stop

LaTechGrad02 says:

Congrats Intense! Way to go Shannon, standing up for his lady

aqtpie says:

I agree, that we may never know the ENTIRE truth when it comes to these celebs and their hook ups during/right after a relationship/marriage. I haven’t heard of ONE celeb in some kind of ending of a relationship/marriage – quick beginning of another that didn’t say, “the relationship/marriage was over before I started messing with so and so and vice versa.” Yeah okay! I’m pretty sure some of them are lying but then again they are entitled to wanting to keep details of their personal life just that.

attorneymom says:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

Cinderella says:

Congrats Intense.

Im happy that Monica finally has a man that will acknowledge her in public.

spongebobfan says:

somone owes me 5 dollars i knew her next dude would be with a ‘baller’ :coffee:

Al-Ameera says:

OK.

Well if this is true she is very resilient. I thought Rocko was her hope to die boo and now she is moved on and damn hearing wedding bells with this dude? OK

Go Mo!

pinksghetti says:

Monica if you’re reading this Shannon seems like a nice young man for you and he’s cute on top of it :)

Congratulations IntenseMocha on your wedding. I’m kinda new on here so I never talked to you before but I really enjoy your comments because it’s brutally honest and funny (and lively).

CONTRATULATIONS INTENSE!!! You look beautiful my sister. I think its incredible how many of us have been on Sandra Rose so long that we’ve gone through several life events together from beginning to end.

Miss Sandra I don’t think it was necessary to go in on Shannon’s baby mama. There’s no evidence that she was a groupie. I’m just shocked how this blew up based on a story on Media Fakeout which no other blog I frequent even paid attention to until Shannon made his statement. I like that he shut it down quickly none the less. I for one don’t judge any of the women the blogs have labeled homewreckers in the last year or so. I don’t know those people and I don’t know what happened in their lives.

MzTee says:

I must be behind in my gossip because I didn’t even know there was a rumor or that Monica was dating Shannon. (LOL)

Anyhoos, hopefully, Shannon’s statement puts and end to the ‘rumor.’ But, I know it won’t. Most folks want to believe the worst about folks and will probably still label Monica a ‘homewrecker.’

It was nice to read Shannon’s statement where he claimed Monica as his girlfriend and defended her reputation. Now that’s a grown azz man handling his business. I wish them both the best.

ShoYaRight says:

I love this couple. Congrats Mo!

Aww Congratulations Intense!!!!! Beautiful pic

:cosign: Isc. I find it odd that any other time a wife/girlfriend/fiance issues a statement saying such and such stole their man out of a happy home, people jump on board calling the new chick out her name, saying she’s a homewrecker, refusing to buy cds, getting bashed on tv and everywhere else but know that its a “baby mama” (I hate that word) who’s a supposed groupie :sideeye: and the new chick is Monica everyone is so quick to believe that they were broken up and precious Monica would never mess with a man in a relationship :coffee: I don’t believe in homewreckers cause you can’t break up a happy home nor is it the other womans fault your man chose to stray but the hypocrisy is killing me. Why is Monica any different than the other 3 well known women who’ve been dragged through this and every other site? Because he wasn’t married? Married or not he has a child with this woman and very well may have still been sleeping with her, we don’t know that. Cheating is cheating whether you’re boyfriend/girlfriend, engaged or married it still causes the same amount of pain and still has the same possible reprecussions. Cheating while married is adultery, cheating while dating/engaged is fornication and deceit. They’re all sins and wong :coffee:

BTW I still call bullshyt on this relationship because whether people want to forget or not, actually getting with the man that you had your fans vote for you to be with and having it turn into this awesome love experience, talking marriage, releasing statements and what not is a huge huge HUGE coincidence and now his child’s mother is coming out with the cheating allegations??? Umm yeah ok whatever :coffee:

Starr says:

U know I like MO…but theres three sides to every story. But how do u know the mother of his child is a groupie. I mean…come on now. That mess u write go get in u hot water sandra….tread carefully

Krysi J says:

AWWWw, Kwall and GYPSsssssssy’s Gravi’s :thumbsup: CUTE!

dcwife1622 says:

@Ms. Everything…you always have great comments…you always have me thinking….but now you opened a new can of worms :D …Fornicating! If you have sex when you are not married you are fornicating period! I don’t think it’s if you are engaged or dating…well that’s according to my Pastor.

ELove says:

Well a Huge CONGRATS is in order to BOTH @Bird & @Intense (Real…)
    CONTINUE to DO YOU Ladies !!!!! :thumbsup:

Regarding Shannon Brown’s statement…
    How come he just didn’t go talk with his BM and get things totally straight between them and EITHER she can retract what was done or BOTH OF THEM together can make a statement refuting what was previously reported erroneously… The ONE-Sided version isn’t that impressive to me JMO

dcwife1622 says:

Heyyyyy Elove. I’m trying twitter again. I sent you a request :heart:

ELove says:

^^^
    I Got it Boo (Thanks for keeping me in mind…) :wink:

free says:

iscream says: Three sides to every story and 9 times out of 10 if its coming out that she stole him from there is likely some truth to the story. While he may not have been fully committed to her he was probably still keeping her bed warm from time to time.

****************************************************

and sporting her at award shows…. but i digress. monica is someone’s GIRLFRIEND now and tiny is a WIFE. pop the champagne bottles because this has been a helluva summer amongst the ATL d-list.

STAN4FL says:

Congrats Monica and Shannon. So did she marry Shannon in the video?

free says:

eastpointvet says: intense hide ya husband they raping everybody out here

***********************************************************

:lol: CONGRATS INTENSE!! :lol:

@dc lol I know that. I said that because whenever it comes up that someone has cheated on their wife people who haven’t stepped foot in a church in years, who never crack open their bible start quoting scriptures and talking about adultery. All I was saying is that either way its still a sin and cheating is still wrong whether you are married or not.

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

I know this mofo DID NOT come up in this piece and not speak!!!!

Ms. Thickness says:

:offtopic: I SAW PICS OF MARIAH CAREY AND SHE IS VERY WELL OFF PREGNANT AND FAT-FACED…

ELove says:

@Brown
    Honey Baby I didn’t read thru the comments so I didn’t SEE you were here… WHADDUP THOUGH !!!

lakercrazy says:

she deserves to be happy and that is soo cute how he is calming her looooooove it hope this one is her soul mate :)

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

*side eyein you right now*
    This aint the first time niccah!

Man, I just don't care™ says:

M :chickenhead: N I C A is a HOE!!!

She pulled a Fanny and was sangin to this nigga and throwin that puss on him. Doin some of her “hoodbird” tricks to break up his family and chit.

Come on, we talkin bout M :chickenhead: N I C A here. :shrugs:

Daisy says:

That was LAST yrs award show NOt this yrs geesh

ricanlbc says:

Go MO! Now get to tha ALTER gurl……

ricanlbc says:

Congrats Intense!

ELove says:

@Man… :rofl: at the WAY you spelled Monica !!!!!

@Brown :blink: Me IGNORE You ?!!? :nono: Never That (Real…)

Lady Progressive says:

Sandra, exactly how do you know the mother of his child is a groupie? I understand your insane desire to defend all people from ATL, but there is no need to disrespect the mother of his child to do so. Why all of a sudden is Monica not a “home wrecker” the way Gabby, Alicia and Fantasia were called by you? So, if you like the person, they are not home wreckers and the mother of their children are “groupies”. But if you don’t like the person then they are home wreckers who don’t respect other women relationships?

Please.

I have ALWAYS stood firm in my belief that the word “home wrecker” is foolish and no man can be stolen but I don’t only stand with my belief to defend people I like.

imNOpornStar says:

Actually, Shannon Brown’s baby mother is Sharde Morris. She attended MSU with Shannon and everybody knew that they were dating for years. She’s definitely not a groupie. Well, she wasn’t when I knew her. Nevertheless, when he got drafted she was right there alongside him. He’s trying to down play their relationship, my guess is Fantasia’s dilemma has everyone in fear of being condemned. Nevertheless, check her facebook Sandra – you’ll see the pictures from their vacations, FAMILY outings and overall a happy young couple in love.

Sidenote: Sandra if you want some more information about them, let me know!!