Thug Love: 2 Thugs On a Train

Aww, isn’t thug love beautiful?

Hopefully, neither of these men are your husband or baby daddy. I found this homotional photo on Twitter.com last night. The caption under the pic reads: “#noexcuse I DONT GIVE A FUCK HOW SLEEPY YOU ARE…”

The caption writer assumes that the two thugs are just homeboys probably returning home from late night partying. But I beg to differ. The one on the left is lovingly touching the hand of the sleeping thug, which is a dead giveaway.

Over the past 4 decades, black women have decided to go it alone with their kids rather than be subservient to black men like their mothers and aunts were back in the days when black men were the majority head of households.

It’s become nearly impossible to distinguish heterosexual men from down low thugs due to the proliferation of female-led households in the black community.

As more and more black women switch roles and responsibilities with men, more and more fatherless men are turning to other men for the strength and guidance they are missing in their lives.

Meanwhile, African Americans account for the highest rate of new HIV/AIDS cases.

69 Responses to “Thug Love: 2 Thugs On a Train”

this post is uneccessary & pointless. At this point black gay men are not myths or secrets. Let them live their life and you live yours.

Is this a scare tactic or something? I”m not understanding the point of the post? I guess for jest.

The blame game never result in solutions
    Blk men can’t be blame for everything wrong in the community
    Blk women can’t be blame for everything wrong in the community

Carrington says:

Come on, Sandra Mae. LMAO! From the looks of it, these are two gay men who don’t give a damn what anybody else thinks about it. Their physical attachment/comfort with one another speaks volumes. Not too many straight men would be seen in public like this, but I could be wrong – Isn’t assuming that they’re on the DL or some straight dudes one step away from bisexuality just because they have on baseball caps and not skinny jeans or capri pants a stretch?

I’m more troubled at you, a gay woman who would have worded this post ENTIRELY differently if this were two fem broads cuddled up, taking yet ANOTHER opportunity to use gay men, or the perceived notion of gay men to rant about HIV and AIDS, but that never seems to come up when you lovingly discuss the “lesbuns”… care to explain? Dare to explain?

You are obviously one of those lesbians who believe that there is something “natural” about a woman with another woman, but clearly have issues with a man being with another man – as evidenced in the fact that everytime you mention a gay dude, it’s negative or you find a way to attach an HIV stereotype to it.

Either you’re going to walk the horse or ride it. Your homosexuality is no different than a man’s. It’s all gay.

I’m through.

Nicola says:

I don’t think this is fair Sandra. Suppose they are in a relationship with each other, but some of their friends or parents don’t know (Lord knows, black folks are amongst the most homophobic out there). I’m all for going hard on celebrities, because like it or not, they signed up for it, but two non famous guys on a train? Sorry, but I don’t think they should be open to ridicule.

And suppose this is a guy with his younger brother? Two men showing affection/tenderness shouldn’t automatically mean “gay”.

Smokie says:

These guys are clearly out. They aren’t the problem.

Carrington says:

@ Nicola
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Absolutely! The reality is that the black community has so MANY DL brothers because, well, the black community is so unwilling to accept the gay lifestyle. Not too many men are willing to be ostracized by their own community/families if they don’t have to be.

I wrote an article about this when I worked for an organization that treats the African American community with HIV.

Here’s the article if you’re interested: http://www.pearlswindow.com/2009/04/who-is-really-to-blame-for-dl-brotha.html

LADYTEE says:

These guys are clearly out. They aren’t the problem.

I agree

ricanlbc says:

Well…What about the other end of the spectrum??? The chick who thinks THIS is there man? They need to be outed! Damn shame I love black love and all but LYING? NOT A FAN!

ricanlbc says:

FOR ALL THE POEPLE WHO COME ON HERE AND TALK ****….ITS AMAZING HOW ADDICTED TO THIS SITE THEY ARE. LOTS OF NEWBIES ON HERE! IF YOU DONT LIKE, DONT LOG ON.

ricanlbc says:

@ Carrington…What are you really angry at? Let’s “see” who has such opinions?

So according you this post…black women not being subservient is why men are gay??? LMAO

Carrington says:

@ricanlbc
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    These men are on a TRAIN hugged up, one damm near in the lap of the other while the other caresses his hand, what about THIS picture shows a NEED to be outted?

Men who “NEED” to be outted don’t go out in PUBLIC being affectionate. There’s a VERY good chance that these brothers are alREADY out, unless you’re blind or they’re stupid!

Lastly, Sandra is a big girl, with a LOT of ‘tude who handles her own very well. Sandra speaks for herself when the need arises. If SHE doesn’t have a problem with people disagreeing with certain things she posts, why the eff do YOU?

People log on to the site for entertainment purposes and just because they don’t agree on THIS post, doesn’t mean that they won’t agree on another one. Do YOU agree with every single Sandra Rose post? Do you seemingly dispise all things Barack Obama? If not, why do YOU keep “logging on”? Short answer: Because you want to.

The end

Divinebrown says:

Webster defines sub·ser·vi·ent

Function: adjective
    Etymology: Latin subservient-, subserviens, present participle of subservire
    Date: circa 1626
    1 : useful in an inferior capacity : subordinate
    2 : serving to promote some end
    3 : obsequiously submissive : truckling

— sub·ser·vi·ent·ly adverb

Well Sandra…since you’re gay and you are subservient to men….what is your role in the majority of other males turning to other males? Based on what you said here, women “DECIDING” to raise their kids alone is the problem. What about women who “DECIDE” to switch roles and date other women?

Divinebrown says:

Carrington….you broke that isssh down in that first post.

However, this is part of a witch hunt and smear campaign of Sandra against the heterosexual african american female.

Which is ODD BECAUSE 90% OF HER “EXCLUSIVE COMMUNITY” ARE AFRICAN AMERICAN FEMALES. BITING THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU….

Say It Aint So Joe says:

:cosign: I seriously doubt these men are on the DL for the simple fact they are showing public affection. All gay men aren’t queens…..

Daisy says:

BAWAHHHHAAAAAAAAA @Carringtons post#10 :rofl: I am rarely messy on here but that was funny to me.

@topic I vote that they are OUT and proud there are some black men who dont live that DL lie. Other than that I got nothing.

I actually read Sandras commentary something I rarely do anymore and I see why I stopped :coffee:

Good Sun Afternoon to all :wave:

asisee says:

Looks like they are openly gay to me. Although, they do kinda look alike. Maybe they are brothers.

If you don’t have any news to report just don’t report anything.

SugarPieHoneybunn says:

And she calls Tiger Woods a self-hating black person. :rolleyes:

aqtpie says:

:rofl: @ Sandra & this post.
    *******
    @ricanlbc – That baby is toooo pretty!!

SugarPieHoneybunn says:

ricanlbc says:
    ricanlbc says:
    :rolleyes: :violin:

Wow Sandra, are you ever going to stop with the attacks and digs at single mothers?? Why don’t you blame the men? Oh wait, its cause they were probably raised by single mothers and that’s why they do what they do, right? Smdh. Men who leave their families do it because they’re pathetic, sorry excuses for human beings who deserve to rot in hell. Us women who step in and pick up the slack where they left off deserve to be supported, commended and encouraged not blamed for everything wrong in society repeatedly by people who’ve never walked in our shoes and have no idea what its like to sacrifice everything you have to raise your children the right way, be mother and father, never know what a full nights sleep is like, never have time to yourself, have to be on duty from sun up to sun down rarely hearing so much as a thank you mom, be caretaker, disciplinarian, teacher, counselor, friend and everything else while working full time, and a million other things you would never imagine unless you were, God forbid, to wake up and find yourself walking in our shoes. Most people out there judging single mothers wouldn’t last a day in our lives yet are so quick to point the finger and blame us for the wrong in the world.

Oh and I could care less about the gay guys who are clearly out and not giving a damn who knows I’m just tired of the digs at single black mothers. Every crime is due to fatherless children and that’s our fault, every gay guy is our fault, everything is our fault but not the men who choose not to be in their childrens lives

Ebony says:

There a handsome couple :coffee:

ricanlbc says:

@ carrington, I LOG ON BECAUSE I LOVVVE THIS SITE. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE WHO THE HELL I AM SPEAKING WITH. I ONLY HAVE ISSUES WITH HOT TEMPERED HEFFAZ LIKE YOURSELF….NOTHING FURTHER….YOU WONT STOP ME FROM SPEAKING MY OPINION, SEE YOUR NEW TO LOGGING ON, IVE BEEN COMING HER FOR YEARS. NATURE OF THE BEAST….YOU DON’T LIKE THE POST OH WELL.YOU DONT LIKE MY REBUTTAL, OH WELL IM SURE WE WILL BUTT HEADS AGAIN.

ricanlbc says:

@aqtpie ….THANKS SHE IS BUSY!

Ebony says:

” HOT TEMPERED HEFFAZ” :rofl: I thought @ carrington was male :rofl:

ELove says:

GAY DUDES who dress like Males and are OPEN for the world to see are THE VERY LEAST of OUR Community & Society’s problems… I APPLAUD THEM (Real…)

THEIR not the ones PURPOSELY Polluting the COOCHIE-Content amongst the Heterosexual Black Females in the U.S. And THOSE are the FOOLS all of us 100% Straight MALES Absolutely DESPISE !!!!!

spongebobfan says:

“Over the past 4 decades, black women have decided to go it alone with their kids rather than be subservient to black men like their mothers and aunts were back in the days when black men were the majority head of households”

_________________________________________
    confused. so single black mothers are to blame for gay black men?
    also baseball caps, air force ones makes a ‘Thug’?
    im so confused by this post.

pointhimout says:

#2, I agree with you. they just didn’t give a damn and are comfortable in their skin, u know, the same way society allows 2 bulldagger dyke women to be while they’re lifting cars and fixing toilets??? yeah, like that.

EJLOVE says:

First, I was raised by a single Mother, I’m not Gay,DL, a criminal, a deadbeat a mama’s boy or whatever else. MY moms raised me as Mother and Father, had her own business and I never wanted for ****. She made me strong, resilient, intelligent, fearless, compassionate and respectful…I didn’t learn everything about being a man, but I learned how to get to being a man…she gave me a GREAT foundation. So I applaud single moms. I would also like to say not all fathers walk out and make single moms…sometimes its the woman who leaves for whatever…That was not my case, but I do know of some. Also Sandra TRULY you need to either STOP or be fair and balanced. YOU are trying your hardest to hurt black men with this DL ish…NOT EVERYONE BLACK MAN IS DL. CLOTHES DON’T MAKE THE MAN….these dudes are doing them…ain’t bothering YOUR or your CHICKS…so WTF is the problem? and you know what WHY do they have to be out anyway? WHY? let them do them. PEOPLE STOP hating and JUDGING and DISRESPECTING and PUSHING FEAR (SANDRA) then you MAY not have so many cases of DL activity…women are NOT RARELY judged in the same way the men are…and LOOK..how many DL women do you see? THEY do they is in PUBLIC cause its more READILY accepted…Damn Sandra will you EVER stop the attacks on your people (Gays)and (blacks)? I’m starting to think you really a YT…

EJLOVE says:

^^^^and forgive my typos…Patron,1:30am and Sandra Rose DON’T MIX…lol

lexdiamonz says:

EJLOVE says ^^^^and forgive my typos…Patron,1:30am and Sandra Rose DON’T MIX…lol

:dead:

while i agree with Carrington on most of his points “coming” out should not matter about being scared of what people “think” the “community” is not responsible for men hiding their sexuality. I think key word think that most DL brothers hide it because they feel a sense of shame for their actions yet cannot resist the urges. I for one don’t believe that ish about being born gay yadda yadda yeah whatever dudes gay cuz they like dyck period point blank and while i disagree with most of Sandra’s methods i understand her point that other subserviant ish i doubt that will make men gay. This DL shyt is not funny nor cute and it puts our communities (black and white) at risk if you bi let your woman know hell u would be surprised at how many chicks dont even care i think the matter is not knowing sometimes you cannot see what is in front of your own two eyes. I dont hate gay people i dont care i dont judge i got enough going on but keep it real. I am not saying if you gay let the world know but i am saying if you like women and men hell let your wife know cuz half the time stevie wonder can see it women “act” like they dont know but they do

yvonne79 says:

@Carrington: I enjoyed your article, very thought provoking…..

lexdiamonz says:

well spoken in the article Carrington

VAChick says:

Well at least thier out in the open with it. I wish the rest of these so called thugs,rappers,actors,athletes,etc would just come out. Instead of having us women play the guessing game. Then have the ones that you can tell right off top. Anyway whatevers in the dark will come to light…

Musiqal1 says:

There are some people on here that need help…really. Cause their ignorance is so….ANYWAYS…

NO ONE needs to be “out” if they don’t want to. I don’t care if they are gay, bi, DL or whatever. YES it is unfortunate that there are some guys out there that has girlfriends and they go and sleep with men on the side. What’s the difference if they are doing it with a woman? It’s still CHEATING. Futhermore, DL doesn’t necessarily mean a man has a girlfriend and is trying to hide his lifestyle…A man could be DL meaning that he just doesn’t want his business out there because he doesn’t want certain stigmas or stereotypes to stick to him. And that’s FINE. Society is the way it is, and that is why some people feel that way. No one in this world should feel like they are responsible for “outing” someone. CELEBRITY OR NOT. It’s not your business. Let that be a personal decision that the person (man or woman) makes on their own. This is just 1/20th of what I wanna say, but whatever…

pointhimout says:

^^^^^^ i agree.

TruGemini says:

What difference does it make if these dudes are “together” or not…especially to those who DON’T LIKE MEN anyway…? :blink:

IsaiahsMom says:

<–Head of her own household.

When there aren't men readily available to assume the role of head of household, black women persevere and take on that role themselves.

*Applause for black women that hold it down* :claps:

SR–what does this photo have to do with black women? These guys are in love with each other and some fool snapped their photo on the train. So what??? :shrugs:

msdanielle says:

People LOVE throwing “homophobic” around. It’s only a phobia if someone has a fear of it. I really dislike the term in itself. While I don’t agree with the gay lifestyle – I’m not fearful of it nor do I hate them for it.

If you choose to live a certain way? So be it. I do have an issue with people being selfish and not giving other parties involved the opportunity to choose if they’re willing to stay with you or not. I don’t care if it’s a straight couple or not. It’s a selfish act.

God forbid people have a different way of thinking. You can not force people to support something they’re unwilling to support. It isn’t ignorance it’s preference. How you choose to live is not going to always be supported by people.

Krysi J says:

Are they brothers???!!!

IsaiahsMom says:

Ms. Everything says:

————————————-

:cosign:

& Preach EJ Love!!!!!!!! :claps:

VAChick says:

I don’t have a problem with anyone being GAY. My only issue is : If you’re gay be proud of that ****! Don’t walk around like you’re really into females when you know you love men. Stop lying to your “wives”,Stop lying to your “girlfriends”, and most importantly stop lying to “children”…. Be real about who you are. That goes for the women too!

pointhimout says:

#40 Krysi that pic is hot mami.

pointhimout says:

what if it’s just his boy, he was drunk or something, and being a friend he making sure he aiight. this story could go so many ways that have nothing to do with them being lovers. if they are “together,” i tip my hat for them being them and being comfy in their own skin.

Carrington says:

@ lexidiamonz,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    But isn’t the fact that our community doesn’t accept homosexuality the reason for that shame in the first place? I honestly believe that there are waaaaay more “dl” brothers than we think. Believe it or not, some of our brothers, fathers and grandfathers were on the DL, the thing is, if it’s not acceptable today, imagine the secrecy back THEN.

Dudes on the DL are there because they feel like they CAN’T just buss up out the closet, mostly because we’ll accept our drug dealing, “we know he killed some people but don’t have no proof cousin before we accept the gay one”. All gay men aren’t walking around like “Twon” telling you to “hide ya kids and ya husands” – there are women who carry themselves like women, but still covet the love and affection of another broad, just like there are dudes who covet the love of another dude – yet they enjoy ESPN much more than they would enjoy a Beyonce’ concert.

The problem is that we won’t let them be because there is such a negative stigma attached to homosexuality. I believe in the bible, so I can’t look to homosexuality and say that I think it’s right, but if I’m a believer in the bible, I also can’t look to homosexuality and make it the ultimate sin. In the bible I read, God gave Moses 10 Commandmendts and even though most of the people who have personally assigned homosexuality to the top of THEIR sin list – those same people break 8 of those 10 commandmendts daily. (something to think about)

Until we change our attitudes toward homosexuals, we’re going to continue to have men who deny BEING homosexual and with that said, you’re going to continue to have men who sleep with both sexes and in that, Sandra is correct. I just don’t like the way she goes about it. To me, she brings up valid points, she just uses the wrong methods to do it.

I raise my son to not be ashamed of himself. He hated it and never understood why I was so affectionate with him, especially when he got about 10, he couldn’t stand to kiss or hug me in public because he thought his friends were looking. I had to drill it into his head that he will NOT be ashamed to be loved. Most of his friends don’t have fathers and even though they laugh and point, they will never know what it’s like to have a father kiss and love on them and that’s the sad part.

I didn’t want him to grow up being that person who cares what people think about him because those are the people who end up on drugs (scared to be a punk and say no) or end up in gangs (following the leader because he’s afraid of what they will think about him if he doesn’t) and that’s why I kissed his a$$ to DEATH when he friends came around. LOL He’s 14 now and we go to the mall and he’s got his arm around my shoulder and now I”M the one saying, “Move!” lol

If he comes home and says, “I’m gay.” No, I won’t like it, but I want him to be able to SAY it… and I won’t love him any less.

And as far as people not being born gay, how would we KNOW that if we were born straight? Really? Why CHOOSE to be gay… and then hide it? Makes no sense.

If you can be born with one leg, or blind, or with down’s syndrome, or with mental illness, why can’t you be born with an attraction to the same sex?

EJLOVE says:

Musiqal1 says:

_________________________________________

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

EJLOVE says:

__________________________________
    THIS!!!!

Some people talk in circles…I won’t point them out but you should be silent.

@Carrington well said and great points.

lexdiamonz says:

@ Carrington u are a good dad we need more like you

i dont care what NONE of yall say aint nobody “born” gay lets not open that can of worms….. attraction is feeling not a trait

Anna says:

“#noexcuse I DONT GIVE A **** HOW SLEEPY YOU ARE…”
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    LOL.
    I’m from the Midwest and our trains don’t look like that, it’ looks like they are on public transportation and we call it “A Bus”.
    I don’t think these two are openly gay. Someone has to be the fem. They look like they could be brothers, homies but not gay.

lexdiamonz says:

anna says:

Krysi J says:

#40 Krysi that pic is hot mami.
    —————————————-

Thanks babe :love:

Carrington says:

lexdiamonz says:

@ Carrington u are a good dad we need more like you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    – 1st point: Thank you, love.
    – 2nd point: How do you explain people who say that they’ve been attracted to the same sex since they were children.

Anna says:

“#noexcuse I DONT GIVE A **** HOW SLEEPY YOU ARE…”
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    LOL.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    1st point: If you look at the hat the dude is wearing, it says, “ATL” on it, so, that may be indicative of him reppin’ his city.

2nd point: “Somebody has to be the fem” – Are you SERIOUS? LMAO! Soooo, when you have two gay dudes – one has to carry himself like a broad in order for it to work? Now DATS comedy.

lexdiamonz says:

@ carrington i like how u think but on some issues u and i will have to respectfully agree to disagree :)

now the link u have to the article is that your blog that way we can do our “blog battles” on your own turf LOL!!!

lexdiamonz says:

oops nevermind saw your name in the contact info that dear miss pearl section is FUNNY!!!!!!!

@lex…you stat your opinion as fact. If people can be born “str8″ why can’t it be true for the opposite.

@Anna….one of them maybe fem….in the bedroom lol

Anna says:

Carrington says:

lexdiamonz says:

@ Carrington u are a good dad we need more like you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    – 1st point: Thank you, love.

Anna says:

“#noexcuse I DONT GIVE A **** HOW SLEEPY YOU ARE…”
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    LOL.
    ~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~
    LOL at his ATL hat, I guess that automaticallyl makes him gay.
    Isn’t one the man in a lesbian relationship?

lexdiamonz says:

@ therapist as u said my OPINION how can u tell me in what context I am stating it??? like I told carrington u and i will have to agree to disagree I don’t believe people are born straight either because I think sexuality is a behavior what about transgenders who become women and then date women or vice versa who anyone CHOOSES to sleep with is just that a choice… in my OPINION one user on this board asked me some time ago when did i CHOOSE to be straight and I told him when I chose to have sex with a man. i for one don’t believe sexuality is not that complicated ….. you simply like what you like PERIOD

lexdiamonz says:

i meant believe it is not that complicated

Carrington says:

@ Anna

LOL at his ATL hat, I guess that automaticallyl makes him gay.

– No, obviously that doesn’t make him gay. My point in mentioning his hat and “ATL” was about your statement about the midwest transportation and what type of transportation you use there; it was only to narrow down whether it was a train or a bus

Isn’t one the man in a lesbian relationship?
    – I could be wrong, but I don’t think all lesbian relationships require a “dude” role. It could very well be two fem women, and in order to get together SEXUALLY, they need “tools” to get that satisfaction, but I don’t think one broad needs to put on a mustache and be called, “Keyshawn” in order for them to be in an intimate relationship.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@ Lex,

No, it’s not my site. I was put in contact with the lady who owns it because she was looking for writers and since I write. We hit it off and the rest is history.

Anna says:

Carrington says:

@ Anna

LOL at his ATL hat, I guess that automaticallyl makes him gay.

Isn’t one the man in a lesbian relationship?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aren’t Ellen and Wanda both the dude in their marriage?

T.Y'z Cha Cha says:

Krysi J says:

Are they brothers???!!!

OMG KRYSI J…I dont know if you were being sarcastic but I was thinking the same DAMN thing.

Anna says:

T.Y’z Cha Cha says:

Krysi J says:

Are they brothers???!!!

~~~~~~~~~
    I’m waiting for a “loyal reader” to send Sandy a email, to clear this up. Men in general are homophobes or pretend to be straight in public, these two are brothers/homies/cousins. The sleeping one was drunk, hight, tired from a drive-by. LOL.

Carrington says:

Anna…. stop. LMAO!

aqtpie says:

Anna says:
    ***********

@lex
    Transgender is a gender identity issue which is different from sexuality. Having sex is an action…being attracted to a gender is a emotion

Two different things

scandalous1 says:

I swear…You are one gay bashing lesbian. Now ain’t that an oxymoron!!!

Musiqal1 says:

VAChick says:

*************************************************************************

Ok…I agree with all that…yes. And taking what you said…there are people that believe that just because they know that about a guy or girl, they feel that they are the ones to “out” them…like people try to do with celebs, athletes, etc. all the time…let them do them. If they are doing somethig wrong, they will get theirs in good time. God will deal with them. If you don’t believe in God, then let’s just say the universe will deal with them