Why is Bill Clinton so much more popular than Barack Obama?

How embarrassing is this: you’re the president of the United States. But a former president, who was impeached by Congress, is more popular than you are.

Here’s a fun fact from the latest NBC/Wall Street Journal poll: Bill Clinton is the most popular political figure in the country. The former president, who never won an outright majority of the popular vote and was impeached by Congress, enjoys a 55–23 favorable/unfavorable rating. Clinton left office with an approval rating of 68 percent according to the CBS poll at the time, so his continuing popularity is not surprising. Source

Why is this happening at a time when we should still be celebrating the first biracial man ever elected president?

The answer is clear: American voters have lost touch with the Machiavellian, socialist president they put in office.

At some point Obama must have been clued in by his advisors that his narcissistic ways were causing him to lose his liberal base. But like most narcissists, Obama refused to listen. It took former president George Bush six years to lose the support of his base. Obama has managed to accomplish this feat in only two short years.

The same enthusiastic supporters (blacks and whites) who carried Obama to that historic win in 2008, are now abandoning him in droves. Likewise, Obama’s top advisors are systematically abandoning ship.

Obama tried to fire up his dwindling Democratic base at a rally at the University of Wisconsin on Tuesday (Sept. 28).

“They’re betting on your apathy,” Obama said to the crowd of mostly high school and college students. “Madison, you’ve got to prove them wrong.”

81 Responses to “Why is Bill Clinton so much more popular than Barack Obama?”

Str8Cpt says:

:yawn:

New post please

FloridaChick813 says:

…Cause he got his di.ck sucked in the white house :coffee:

allwrightyden says:

:coffee: NEXT!

VIBABY says:

If it aint white it aint right :coffee:

Str8Cpt says:

FloridaChick813 says:

…Cause he got his di.ck sucked in the white house :coffee:
    _____________________________________________________________

:claps:

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

Flo I was thinkin the same thing

OHoney says:

I’m the president of the United States, I don’t give a fluck about being “popular”.
    -Obama

ysoserious says:

That high school mentality is why America is where it is today. I’d much prefer being respected or to being liked.

But then our current president doesn’t even get that much anymore.

They say that ole geezer still hittin’ the women folk. :lol:

ysoserious says:

My last post – “or”.

MissHarlem says:

Hmmm idk could it be he was in the white house for 8 years versus 1 1/2. I wasn’t aware that being “popular” is more important than doing your job. What the h3ll was I thinking.

kingstonn says:

sigh. Just let Obama be great. :coffee:

Redeemed777 says:

Sandra, Bill was not Impeached.

Obama, Bill, and Bush are on the same team.

crzasallgetout says:

I liked old Bill poeple need to get off Obamas nutsack

Redeemed777 says:

Anywhooo….Off Topic:

Who does erykah badu thinks she is fooling??

That one-eyed album cover titled Icon aint fooling nobody.

heavn_sent says:

Is Redeemed serious?

Redeemed777 says:

This part of why yall must not believe in all those bastard philosophies like 5%-ters, zeitgest movements, scientology, etc

erykah badu is a 5%-ter.

Redeemed777 says:

@heavn_sent

I’m as serious as I type.

M_promp2 says:

Because he’s white and black.

Str8Cpt says:

@ Redeemed777 What is your gravie?

ysoserious says:

Because Bill’s sax playing, pot smoking, chubby white girl chasing a** was our “first black president”. Meaning never really had a chance. As Sade said, it’s never as good as the first time.

miko says:

sandra gtfoh! that cracka is only more popular bc the economy was doing well during that time and nobody had a care in the world

miko says:

@ sandra- maybe you should be a contributor to FOX news blog or go back to your own country since u have so many issues with OUR president #imjustsaying oh ****…now i’mma get banned #whogivesafuk!

kwall says:

Because President Clinton was actually the first “nukka” to be President.

President Obama is just the first black man.

BOTH are some down azz peeps IMO. I could totally see myself hanging with them.

* I love that lil peanut farmer that became President too (President Carter). :hug: get well soon!

#teamdemocrat

ysoserious says:

Meaning Barack never really had a chance. Sorry.

crzasallgetout says:

Who does erykah badu thinks she is fooling??

That one-eyed album cover titled Icon aint fooling nobody.

I love that cover

T.Y'z Cha Cha says:

Kwall said it best :rofl:

Whats up SR folks!

LadyJustice says:

#teamobama

:cheer:

mirsmommy says:

Sandra, is Obama your first Man-crush?????? :shrugs:

ELove says:

@FLO @VIBABY @MissHarlem Smooches Sweety-Pie :wink: @M_promp2 @K-Dub :think:

miko says:

just bc bill played the sax and smoked weed don’t mean he was “down” with our people. believe that

ELove says:

@Redeem
    The PROBLEM I have with that E-Badu CD is it’s a greatest hits and It’s ONLY 12 F-ing Songs :blink:

Val says:

Clinton was more popular because it was before the war.. before Americans lost so much – like homes, jobs, loved ones.. the economy was much better. people were more happier about life period!

Obama’s trying.. he had a tough start, becuase he was elected when a massive war was/ is going on! People expected “change” that was way beyond his reach :shrug:

Anna says:

miko says:

~~~~~~~
    Maybe not, but it was icing on the cake. :lol:

Carrington says:

Sandra Mae,

It becomes increasingly harder to dismiss your Barack Obama rants as anything other than a “crabs in a barrel” mentality when, as many times as I’ve waited for a legitimate justification regarding your continued negative propaganda as it relates to Barack Obama, I’ve yet to read anything that leads me believe otherwise.

You’ve yet to say, “I don’t like his politics. I don’t like that he didn’t vote for (insert any policy). He’s not strong enough in terms of gay rights. He’s ineffective as a leader… blah blah blah”

All you ever say is something negative without justification.

Help me understand – please?

Redeemed777 says:

@Str8Cpt

From my computer I still see the Angel, but I’m supposed to be seeing ” The Hand of God knocking off the Game of the Illuminati/EvilElites/Banks/Presidents/etc ”

Which one do you see?

heavn_sent says:

@ Carrington, as in Lei?

Redeemed777 says:

@ELove

She cheated folks for their money too?!

PAHairston says:

Hello All. Why? Because if it’s all white it’s all right. That is all.

Daisy says:

@miko Bill showed his true colors during the campaign so I feel you

#teamObama :cheer:

E badu greatest hits will get picked up :yes:

miko says:

@ daisy- exactly! black people kill me sometimes with that bill was the greatest president chit! girl bye! he was just lucky enough to not have to deal with the issues obama is dealing with now

lol @ anna but smh at the same time lol

Carrington says:

Is THAT why people like Bill… or was it because he left us with a $350 Billion dollar SURPLUS when he walked out of the office? There WAS no deficit when Bill Clinton left office, so I believe that’s why people loved him so.

The people who didn’t like him, didn’t care about the country, they cared about their PARTY, or they were concerned about his lack of “moral” fibre – personally, I didn’t give a damn, I was more concerned with being able to pay my bills. If Hillary didn’t care, why should I?

I’m just sayin’.

Redeemed777 says:

@Daisy

Daisy since you are #team everybody, I hope you are not

#team satanandhisdemonsandgoonsandpuppets?

StillASassyOne says:

OMG, Sandra- just LET IT GO! I swear…

Sandra is to Barack as “Man, I Don’t Care” is to Savannah.

Ya’ll just won’t stop until everybody can clearly understand how much ya’ll hate (LOVE) this person. Jesus…give it a rest.

miko says:

lol @ redeemed i like u

kwall says:

———————————–
    i used to say that too until that joka got out of office and set up shop in harlem….i KNOW folks from harlem who don’t wanna be in harlem…lmao.

chase says:

All I can say at this post and some of the comments is :shocked: and :rofl:

MissHarlem says:

@ ELOVE :kiss: gotta keep that up

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

*sharpens shanks for Miss H*

jay Bee says:

O how I love the Clinton days!!! I had more money in my pocket, less taxes cut from the check and didn’t have to make so many sacrifices…Sheeesh! Since the CLINTONS left office everything has INCREASED except the pay!!!! even the property value has increase while were continue to hurt..SHAME SHAME SHAME! CLINTON 4 PRESIDENT!!!!!!#hillary

MissHarlem says:

@ BROWN nooooooooo see I didnt start he did its not my fault :crying:

FloridaChick813 says:

***************

dcwife1622 says:

Redeemed777 says:

@Daisy

Daisy since you are #team everybody, I hope you are not

#team satanandhisdemonsandgoonsandpuppets?
    ____________________________________________

Do you ever give it a rest? Do you come here just to judge? GTFOH. You will be sent to hell before everybody else. But I’m sure you knew that. Just because you can quote scriptures won’t buy you a ticket to heaven Damn!

#teamgeta****inlife :cheer:

Ace says:

Why is Clinton more popular then Obama? simple…Clinton has showed he was Human…and is the most RELATEABLE(sp?). Did anyone mention he got his d.ck sucked in the oval office? that pretty unfiar to compare anyone to clinton on that fact alone. I mean who wouldn’t of done that…when you move into a new house..first thing you do is christen all the rooms of the house right..(or is that just me hehe). But a guess thats why i’m not president. if i were prez…*phases out into fuzzy imaginationland*

Mr. President: Come on girl(secretary) we got some work to do…theres alot of room in the house. I told the Secret Service to take a lunch break. lets have a little fun..

*1-hour and 3 messed up curtains laters*

Stuck up Liberal: Ah. Mr. President did you just have sexual relations in the White House.

Mr. President: Ah. Yeah…

Stuck up Liberal: That is so disrespectful to our nation’s capital.

Mr. President: Uh…no..whats disrespectful is you not minding you own muthaf*.kin business..

Stuck up Liberal: Excuse me..

Mr. President: I didn’t stutter…What I do in MY muthaf*.kin house is my muthaf*.ckin business.

Stuck up Liberal: But your wife..

Mr. President: Not that its any of your business but my wife is perfectly ok…Since we aint f*.kin no more..she allows me to do me and in return she get to be First Lady…seems like a pretty straight up deal to me..not that any of this is your business..SECURTIY!

(honestly i cant think of 1 black man that i can remotely relate to Obama…) *realizes how far off topic he got and ends post*

kwall says:

@51 WORD! I thought I was rich you hear me during the Clinton regime! RICH!

Those Bush II years had a sista mad, sad, depressed…just NOW gettin back right…

ysoserious says:

@ Ace

I think your last sentence says more about black men as a whole than it does about Obama. :shrugs:

FloridaChick813 says:

I thought I was rich you hear me during the Clinton regime! RICH!

***************

You hear me??? Clinton was the sh.it :coffee:

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

@ Miss H
    you’re right he did so I’ll save my shanks for someone else!

proberson07 says:

@ Ms. Sandra. The former President is probably more popular than the current President because the latter has to deal with two wars, a shattered economy, and a mid term election. Bill Clinton is no longer in politics (as far as running for office) and has the privilege of having all of his accomplishments behind him… where as the current President has to worry about being re-elected and staying electable. Plus this is sophomoric and really does not matter as they are both from the same party! :coffee:

Carrington says:

Ace says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Really? That’s interesting & sad all jumbalaya’d up together.

I’d really be interested in hearing your justification for NOT knowing a single black man who’s a college graduate, doesn’t get loud, is married to a college graduate, seems to be a great dad and is generally a “liked” person (politics aside).

I agree, that either speaks to black men as a whole, or where you were and where you choose to CONTINUE to socialize yourself.

When I was coming up, my mother was the state secretary for the N.A.A.C.P. and I grew up around everybody from Jesse Jackson to Benjamin Hooks. I’ll never forget my mom CONSTANTLY reiterating, “You’re going to be around some people WITH something and people who are trying to GET something. That way, when you’re around your cousins, uncles, etc. you won’t JUST get the ghetto $hit, you’re going to be around doctors and lawyers and teachers and business owners… that way, if you decide to grow up and be a zero, it won’t be because you weren’t exposed to all sides of life, it will be because that’s the life you chose – at which point, don’t call me talking about put $hit on your books… in fact, don’t call me.”

I love my mama for that.

electrik says:

“It took former president George Bush six years to lose the support of his base”

Come on now Sandra! you know it’s not cut-and-dry like that. the republicans ditched him when the heat got too hot. when weapons of mass destruction weren’t found and people realized that we had no business being in Iraq, the republicans began to throw him under the bus. they were happy in the beginning even when he was running our economy down the toilet. they dropped him because he was giving the party a bad name

heavn_sent says:

THUMBS UP for Mama Carrington!!!!!!!!! #intelligentblackmenROCK!

Carrington says:

Heavn_

I forgot to answer your question earlier (someone came to my desk)

Carrington as in Lei…. why yes, yes I am. lol

heavn_sent says:

Hey there! Haven’t been to see Aunt Pearl in a while..gotta get over to the porch and check out the fam!

Carrington says:

Where have you been? I BET I tell Pearl you been cheatin’ on her!

Surely thou jivest…

Ace’s comment was a joke, folks. :coffee:

He is the very Black man he claims not to know. :lol:

heavn_sent says:

LOL!!!!!!!!!! You tryna get me cussed out sho’ nuff! Last time I was there I didn’t recognize any of the newbies. I’m going over now to see what’s shakin. And let’s just keep this between us..kay? You know, since we’re family and all!

WAIT A COTTON PICKIN MINUTE (I need to research the origin of that saying..) You’re here too! Soooooo…..

Carrington says:

But I been to Pearl twice today. NAH!! lol

heavn_sent says:

OK..OK..you got me. Well, I just got a call saying that my son STUCK A BEAD IN HIS EAR! So now I’m on the phone trying to make a Dr’s appt! Gotta love 4 yo’s! Peace.

Daisy says:

#chileplease

#honeyboom

Ace says:

hehe..Thanks OTB..you understood the jest there…

Carrington

Appreciate the comments. but unfortunately not everyone including me …is raised around Strong educated black men..nor do they see them around especially when you stay in areas like I do. I wish my mama would of gave me those talks. good thing i became self motivated.

dcwife1622 says:

Daisy says:

#chileplease

#honeyboom

:rofl: and really that’s all the response “IT” deserved.

In one fell swoop huh Daisy?

She cant even get 3 tags :rofl:

Anna says:

heavn_sent says:

~~~~~~~~
    My son stuck a pea up his nose because his sister told him to. LOL.

proberson07 says:

Well, he wouldn’t have those problems if he had stuck with the promises he made that got him elected. :coffee:

Carrington says:

All you ever say is something negative without justification.

Help me understand – please?

I’ve made my position clear on Obama many times. I have said in the past that he is a narcissist and a socialist and I don’t like the direction he is taking this country in. I’m sorry you missed the many times I have repeated this on my blog. :shrug:

Ebony says:

#TEAMCLINTON :yahoo:

proberson07 says:

@ Ms. Sandra

If he stuck to promises that got him elected? issues like healthcare, the economy, don’t ask don’t tell, school loans and the war. he certainly is going in the right directing. Considering that this President has only been in office for two years I will say that not only has he gotten a lot of things accomplished – he still has a lot to do. I intend to guard that Change! #TeamObama

proberson07 says:

Ms. Rose… can you define socialist for me? Furthermore, what direction should this country be headed towards?

Lodak says:

Barack will have the same opportunity as Bill Clinton did to make things right come November. When a liberal president has a conservative congress, good things happen. Clinton gets the credit for policies drafted by conservatives (Newt, et al) during his presidency. Welfare Reform, anyone?