Obama as a Hindu God On the Cover of Newsweek

This can’t be good: this week’s edition of Newsweek magazine features an illustration of U.S. President Barack Obama on the cover as “Shiva the Destroyer” doing the “dance of death.” By the way, Shiva is considered to be a major Hindu deity, or a God.

Mr. Obama has gone to great lengths to convince Americans that he is a Christian and not a Muslim as polls have shown. So this cover won’t help the situation much.

I had my doubts that this was a real cover, so I called my contact over at Newsweek to confirm. This issue hits newsstands on November 22nd.

In happier news, Khloe Odom and her husband Lamar get into the holiday spirit on the cover of People Extra magazine.

Khloe wrote on her blog:

“Hi dolls! I’m so excited to share with you part of Lamar’s and my feature in People Magazine’s Holiday Issue!! This is going to be our first Christmas at our new house so it’s a really big deal for us. Last year we tried to go all out in our temporary home at the SLS Hotel, but even with the decorations, it still just wasn’t the same. This year we’ve taken holiday spirit to a whole new level.”

Click link to read more

Bristol Palin’s mother, Sarah Palin, covers Parade magazine. According to at least 2 major publications, Sarah will go head to head with Obama for the presidency in 2012. Billionaire deal maker Donald Trump is also hinting that he will throw his hat into the ring in 2012.

Cher covers Parade magazine’s Nov. 21 issue. Doesn’t she look great to be 80?

GLEE’s Matthew Morrison is on this month’s cover of Details magazine.

Kendra Wilkinson graces this week’s cover of In Touch Weekly. She says being a baby mama is not a crime.

I wouldn’t be a loyal British subject if I didn’t include at least one of the hundreds of covers featuring royal couple Prince Williams and Kate Middleton, who announced their engagement this week. I hear the British tabloids are roasting Kate over there, calling her a ‘commoner’ which means not royal. Normally, the royals marry other blue blood royals.

And finally, Ryan Reynolds is People magazine’s “Sexiest Man Alive” for 2010. I don’t see it, but then again, I’m not supposed to.

Covers source

79 Responses to “Obama as a Hindu God On the Cover of Newsweek”

cheeks8683 says:

Ok I take offense when they refer to people as “commoners” there…I mean Who the fluck are they? Do the British Royal’s have any real political power? I mean this is not the medival times…The Pricess from 7 seas is not promised to the prince anymore. The only diffrence between this commoner and the royals is old and new money…From what I heard kats fam are self-made millionaires, if not they are extremely well off. If anything they know the value of hard work instead of inheriting ish…

mirsmommy says:

cheeks8683 says:

_______________________________

And it’s prolly the “commoners” that are tawkin ish, and callin her that.

CaliGirlinGA says:

Sandy – Matthew Morrison plays a teacher on Glee – not a student. Also, I never understand who makes the cut for the “Sexist Man Alive” – some are okay but THE sexist?! Lastly, Kendra is not a “baby mama” – she and Hank are married.

cheeks8683 says:

Ok I take offense when they refer to people as “commoners” there…

Commoner is used extensively to mean non-royal. I don’t think it’s offensive over there.

Musiqal1 says:

Yes Ryan Reynolds deserved the “sexiest man alive” title. He IS sexy..

Khloe is preggers??? 0_o I never knew

Sandra, I can’t even comment on that cover and these bloody Rebulicans

Kendra’s baby is too cute! I love Kendra…she is hilarious!

mirsmommy says:

And it’s prolly the “commoners” that are tawkin ish, and callin her that.

trose1 says:

Matthew Morrison is the Glee Clubs teacher, not a student.

kdillon says:

I feel sorry for the new Princess Di, she will be treated like Lady Di…. I just dont think they are happy, its all forced but thats just me.
    The Obama cover is disrespectful, but this is the picture that will be shown of him now that Republicans are in office.
    The Odoms get about 2 more years and they’re done.

proberson07 says:

Wow! You really get your news from the Drudge report. And you wonder why the white majority does not respect Blacks and feel that we are followers and lack the intellectual fortitude to act and think for ourselves. Did you even read the words next to the photo? Looks like it says ” why the modern presidency may be too much to handle for one person to handle.”

Sandra do you know what satire is? Do you have a sense of humor? The imagery is not to imply he is hindu but to imply that he is multi-tasking and involved in a lot as the President. Again you need to do better. smh! :rolleyes:

You really need to get a life Sandra. Your posts on the President are really sad and are on the level of ****’s misinformed and niggrodean discussions. Lets get it together!

Musiqal1 says:

cheeks8683 says:

________________________________________________

^^^Correct me if I am wrong anyone…but from what I understand the Royal Family DOES NOT have political power, hence that is the reason why they have a parliament (Prime Minister, etc).

CaliGirlinGA says:

Can you tell I don’t watch much TV? :D

CaliGirlinGA says:

Sandra said: “an you tell I don’t watch much TV? :D”

I’m sure – where would you find the time.

tintin1979 says:

Oh boy who cares about Lamar and Kloe’s first Christmas, that’s so gay.
    IN regards to Ryan Reynolds, Sandra you clearly never saw this man body in the Amityville Horror, the man;s body is on point, he deserves it. Congrats to my Canadian Actor Reynolds!!

cheeks8683 says:

__________________________________________________________

Exactly they dont….they just chillin in a palace!

Musiqal1 says:

CFREE says:

:cheer:TEAMKHLOMAR

kdillon says:

I thought the Royals have behind the scenes political power because they are Royals? I feel like they have influence over people and their decisions.

CFREE says:

AWWWW!!! Kendra’s baby is soooo darn cute :hug:

kingstonn says:

Lamar makes that SAME face in every picture. :rolleyes:

proberson07 says:

Sandra? Why is it that the blue blood royal family deserves respect but the red blood President of the United States does not?! Riddle me that please!

kwall says:

Who is Cherilyn Sarkisian’s surgeon? She not 80 either. But she has had some tasteful…and I stress TASTEFUL…work done….LOVE HER….

Kendra and Hank’s baby boy is just as purdy…shew I wanna bite those cheeks!

I thought Katie came from a well known millionaire family? What more do the Brits want from that girl :shrug: ??? Not like he marrying one of the Spice Girls (pre fame).

And ahhh…what took People so long to realize Ryan is a hottie???

kwall says:

Lamar makes that SAME face in every picture
    —————————————-

ajonesy says:

sorry SR, we aren’t royal family koolaid sippers, so excuse us (americans) if we dont really care about them.

*kanye shrug*

Phrozen1der says:

:rollseyes:

ChaCha says:

Musiqal1 says:

Khloe is preggers??? 0_o I never knew

WHERE IT SAY THAT AT?

:cheer: TEAM KHLOE AND LAMAR

ajonesy says:

@ proberson07 … its funny huh? i don’t have any rude, crude, disrespectful, untrue or just straight dumb facts about the royal family …

but wait, let me google a few … lol

proberson07 says:

lol. i know right!

Princess Smarty-Pants says:

AuntSAN, On the top of the the Miss Jones cover….the little girl and reality tv. What’s that all about? AND….Was Diana royalty when she married? I thought that’ what all the fuss was about when he didn’t marry Camilla (at first)

and #this? They don’t have political power. They’re just the descendants of royalty who deserve respect for being blue bloods.******** We’re giving respect because the right two people mated? That would make for a lively discussion…

proberson07 says:

@ kwall

Jerrica says:

@Kingstonn: Why did you change your picture? I liked yours better.

Um…. nothing on the post. I’m getting sick and my head is pounding.

West Coast Chick says:

Cher is NOT on damn 80… she is 64 yrs old Sandra.. Wikipedia will tell you that! :rolleyes:

Princess Smarty-Pants says:

@AL Boy, I know why I’m laughing. Curious as to if its the same reason you are….

ALBoy says:

i think i might have read something wrong is all lol

ALBoy says:

Princess what are You laughing at

@KWALL
    According to @Man that is what your face looks like when you chomped on crayons back when you were little….”
    __________________________________________________________________________

The Lakers had to child proof the locker room when they signed Lamar Odom’s retarded azz. :coffee:

Princess Smarty-Pants says:

:rofl: Either we read it wrog or someone else has never read a post where that convo kicked off.

:rofl: @ man

ALBoy says:

@ princess right then you all excited like ooh :rofl:

dude @ man i know

Princess Smarty-Pants says:

what’s wrong @man? :rofl:

ALBoy says:

but that explains a lot though

@PROBERSON
    “you used to eat crayons too? ha! ha! i used to love me some crayons and that home-made salty plato. lol.”
    ___________________________________________________________________________

That was Kwall referring to me with the crayons! :lol:
    We do sooo many foolish things as kids. I remember the plato but I didn’t fool wit it.

What about the glue mayne? :yes:

Princess Smarty-Pants says:

@man, Al and Kwall… don’t start.

@PRINCESS AND AL

I’m just dumbfounded and flabbergasted. I mean, where do you begin?
    Now, maybe this is a time for “understanding” and “sympathy.”

Naaaaaaaaaaaah!

@ princess what that? :shrug:

mirsmommy says:

I ain’t messin wit yall. :lol:

@MIRS

:shrugs:
    Wut chu talkin bout? Come on… what foolish things did you do as a child?

kingstonn says:

mirs, where you been?

@KINGSTON

:waiting: What’s up with that graive young lady?

@mirs whats up ma?

kingstonn says:

@ Man, that’s you homie. :)

mirsmommy says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@MIRS

Wut chu talkin bout? Come on… what foolish things did you do as a child?
    __________________________________

:rofl: You ain’t chit. I ain’t eat nuthin crazy, but I used to do some dumb chit. I was a daredevil and a tomboy, and bad as hail. How bout you???? Ever tried Crayolas or Elmers???

mirsmommy says:

heyyyy Kingstonn and ALBoy :waves: I been workin today, but I’ll be here tomorrow in RARE form :lol:

@KINGSTON
    “that’s you homie. :)
    _________________________________________________________________________

Few more bleaching treatments till “perfection.”

mirsmommy says:

kingstonn says:

@ Man, that’s you homie.
    ____________________________

:rofl: you stooooooopid :rofl:

ALBoy says:

I’ll be here tomorrow in RARE form we :party: for flo so come wit it

@MIRS
    “You ain’t chit. I ain’t eat nuthin crazy, but I used to do some dumb chit. I was a daredevil and a tomboy, and bad as hail. How bout you???? Ever tried Crayolas or Elmers???”
    _________________________________________________________________________

None of my foolish acts involved eating crazy things. :no:
    Just a lot of fights and foolish risk taking.

mirsmommy says:

I’m out yall :cya:

Im out see yall fri

West Coast Chick says:

lol- kendra’s son looks JUST like hank- lol

I thought it was heffners baby at first

kwall says:

NOW…YALL KNOW…that “odom boy” (as old folks wld say) was ONE chromosome away from a born defect.

you can look in his eyes and tell!

(Lord I done turned into my granddaddy…)

kwall says:

you used to eat crayons too?
    ——————————–
    never ate a crayon. was too vain about my “64 big set” to actually eat one (you know the kind with the sharpener in the back? the set with green/blue and blue/green…) but i will admit…i was a lover of glue. that kind with the gumby dispenser on the top…with the lil split that it came out of…mucilage or something like that…they used to have it at sunday school…real school…i LOVED it…

my momma SWEAR that is what is wrong with me…call her and ask….she gonna say “that crazy arse gal used to eat that glue…ain’t been right SINCE!” and i almost had a heart attack i caught my 5 yo eating herself some….i was like NOOOOOOO…break the cycle! :nono:

Daisy says:

I so dont think Ryan is cute or sexy :nono:

Not sure how I feel about the cover

I like khloe and lamar :heart:

Anna says:

Daisy says:

I like khloe and lamar
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I also like them together. I just wish he would spend a hour a day and practice smiling in a mirror. If the Knowles girls can hide their small teeth 90% of the photos they take, Lamar can learn to quit taking corney pics. Actually I like this pic of him.
    Kendra looks nice and Cher is ageless.
    Kate, Katie now engaged will be called “Katherine” after the wedding, some need to stop comparing her to “Princess Diana”. As much as I loved Lady Diana, Kate is stronger, more confident and is not 21 as Diana was when she got married. Kate is 28, and the front of the Royal Family are getting older, and realize things have changes. Lady Di’s sons could have done nothing and still would have been in line for “the Throne”.

OMG THIS IS TOO EASY!!!! THIS IS WHA I GET FOR LEAVIN EARLY YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!

lourie says:

Cosign #21!! Love Kloe and Lamar. I hope they last. (Still saddened about Eva and Tony.)

Good Morning SR FAM

mornin Ms Brown how you?

I’m good, it’s Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!

@BROWN

SPEAK ON IT! :rofl:
    I beg of u!!!!!

cheeks8683 says:

*sigh* I saw this late last night and I KNEW is was going to be a clownin going on this morning…Toooo many people missed out on this for there not to be…Please proceed Brown…. :popcorn:

Cheeks I’m surprised your encouraging me to act unlady like!
    I expect it from Man but not you!!!!!

Eating crayons, plato or anything that specifically says DO NOT EAT and has instructions on what to do if it is digested explains soooooo much!

jchotlanta says:

Good Morning!! :newbie:

Ryan reynolds is sexy but not as sexy as Mr Brad Pitt(Before angie of course) woooooweeeeeeeeee

cheeks8683 says: