New Artist: Miguel

Did you know that R&B newcomer Miguel dropped his album early this week? You’re not alone.

The Jive Records artist released his debut album, You’re All I Want, on Tuesday, Nov. 30. Miguel, who gets his smoking good looks from his Mexican father and black mother, broke onto the scene via Myspace with his hit single “Sure Thing”.

From there, the 24-year-old released his single “All I Want” featuring rap newcomer J. Cole. Aside from being a singer, Miguel is also a talented songwriter, co-writing hits for Musiq and Mary J. Blige. He also contributed to Usher’s “Here I Stand” and Asher Roth’s “Asleep in the Bread Aisle”.

Currently on the OMG tour with Usher and Trey Songz, Miguel is slowly making a name for himself as the main chick magnet on the tour. “They can tell I’m a genuine artist and that my music is coming from a real place,” Miguel says.

The OMG tour stops at the Philips Arena in Atlanta this Sunday. The 20th registered member to email me gets 2 tickets to the concert!

Click here to order Miguel’s debut album today and receive 10% off by entering MIGUEL10 at checkout!

Source

41 Responses to “New Artist: Miguel”

kingstonn says:

eh, his looks are okay at best. i’ll probably buy that one song he has off itunes. maybe.. :shrug:

RedBone624 says:

I copped the album on Tuesday and I like it. I like it a lot actually.

RedBone624 says:

@ Kingstonn…give it a try, i don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

securityone says:

“All I want is you” is one of the hottest songs of the year. Listen to the words.

Torae says:

If you’ve seen one male R&B singer perform these days, you’ve seen them all…he’s cute though!

ALBoy says:

# Kingston theres a party in Ma Rethas Post err bodies invited

Negrito says:

Miguel is good and I wish him all the best but I’ve seen some interviews with him and he’s quite feminine so it’s only a matter of time before all the gay rumors starts about him, especially on this blog where pretty much every black man in the industry is considered gay/bi/DL.

JadeAli says:

I like the song and I’d probably like him with some facial hair.
    I feel like I’m the only woman that wants a rugged man with dirty nails(not really but just the image).

Aryanna says:

all i want is you…..

fabchic says:

20?

Milan Millian says:

I hate that song “all i want is you”, he look suspect…

YSoSerious says:

He’s pretty. And the song was okay I guess. :shrugs:

that performance sucked, why does this song seem so familiar?

YSoSerious says:

@Ashland

Everything that gets heavy rotation on the radio sounds familiar to me. That’s why I mostly stick with my old school. :coffee:

avidreader says:

Yup, All I Want Is You is the song! The beat is crazy! He can get it!:hump:

avidreader says:

:hump:

dimezz says:

JadeAli says:

I like the song and I’d probably like him with some facial hair.

—————————————————————
    Facial hair—check
    rugged——–check
    dirty nails—nah :think:
    but i wish u could see them because there rugged man hands….lol
    Just joking ma and admiring ur picture…very pretty.

Daisy says:

I like his song and I heard he puts on a pretty good show

@ Ashland: I think he did great for a live performance. It’s so rare to see artists performing with live bands these days. :coffee:

avidreader says: :hump:

LOL! Metrosexuals are so IN right now. :lol:

chase says:

He is fine…..

ALBoy says:

avidreader says:

LOL! Metrosexuals are so IN right now.
    ________________________________________
    Then they act all surprised when there man ends up DL :no:

ALBoy says:

Have a good weekend everybody Im out

ELove says:

@Negrito
    JUST Curious… HOW DO people SUPPOSE to feel about “QUITE Feminine MALES” :shrug:

kwall says:

i am against all the gay rumors and how errybody on this here blog gets labeled as such.

…..but this chile right here??? ^^^^

that lil slight dude broke my gatdayum gaydar…(picks up pieces of broken gaydar…and throws it in the trash…)

i think it might be the jewelry from claire’s/forever 21 he got on in the pic…or how he pulled them glasses off in that clip…i am like grace jones in “boomerang”….

“I KNOW GH-EY…!! I KNOW GHEY when I see it…”

Audacious2 says:

This song is ‘cool’ & great performance, I sorta like his style.
    He’s got a kind of ‘Raphael Saadiq’ swagger going on too.

whatdoesitmatter says:

I don’t like him. If you can’t sing live, you can’t sing. This is the case with many popular artists. :shrug: I do love me some Bruno Mars, though. His voice is always fantastic, no matter what.

cheeks8683 says:

He was the opening act at the usher concert in dallas on thanksgiving eve. Good performer and great opening act. One of the best I have seen in a while great stage presence, he got the crowd hype!

spongebobfan says:

hate a man with those strong cheek bones, works in modeling though if this singing career dont pan out i can see him on some runway, we need a new tyson anyway

scorpio says:

better performer and more believable than Trey Songz. However, I think he over performed the song for this venue. Not feelin’ the Janet Jackson rhythm nation jacket and pants.

Shauny says:

This is one of my favorite songs on the radio right now.

He’s handsome but I’m not into the pretty boy types. I don’t think metrosexual males = gay/dl males or that the way someone “acts” determines their sexual preference. It may be that way for some of them but putting everyone in a box based off appearance/characterisctics/dress is a bit narrow minded IMO.

rockstar says:

Although I do like the beat, he doesn’t have powerful enough vocals for me..maybe he can take voice lessons and have someone teach him stage presence. @ JadeAli I agree with you..what happened to real ruff and rugged men, they don’t have to be dirty, but at least look like they don’t have as many scented lotions and facial creams as me sheesh

tintin1979 says:

His Álbum is nice. One of the best i’ve heard in a while.

I’da guessed he was half asian. Either way, a sex symbol he is not, but that’s not important. I will add his CD to my Christmas list with Ne-Yo’s latest. Gotta respect talent.

LOL! Metrosexuals are so IN right now.
    ****************************

No, it really isn’t. I was trying to be nice and not say anything about that even after all your talk about him getting all the girls on a tour that includes Usher and Trey Songz. Fact is I’m with kwall. My gaydar was beeping loudly about to wake up the family as soon as I clicked on this post. I was trying to ignore it since you are implying he’s straight, but its beeping with the red light flashing.

I still want his CD though. I don’t think about folks sexuality unless they are deep in the closet trying to convince me the sky is pink.

Negrito says:

@ELove

Nowadays where pretty much every black male entertainer is accused of being gay/bi for absolutely no reason, I can’t see how Miguel how comes off as quite feminine is going to avoid such rumors. I mean this guy is pretty much asking for it.

MRSJONESK says:

He’s very handsome! Hope the career last. We need some more good music!

MRSJONESK says:

Where is Mint Condition? Those guys could sing on and off stage.

TruGemini says:

I think I’m gonna :cosign: with #5 AND I can’t stand that song…

CFREE says:

@MRSJONES, Mint Condition is still getting it in, although I haven’t heard any new musik from them they are still performing those oldies but goody hits they got. I saw them perform a few months ago, one of the best live performances hands down :bow: