Michael Ealy Discusses Starting a Family, Joining Twitter

Actor Michael Ealy spoke exclusively with Loop 21 about his plans for starting a family, and eventually joining the wildly popular social network, Twitter.com.

Ealy, who recently wrapped shooting the comedy flick, “Think Like a Man,” says he’s tired of people creating Twitter and Facebook pages that he doesn’t run.

The 38-year-old ‘Barbershop’ star also said he wants to wait until he can have all of his children with one submissive woman rather than spreading his seed in multiple industry sluts like other irresponsible stars have done.

Loop 21: You said that growing up you had a mother like Claire Huxtable, yet a lot of people don’t think the ‘Cosby Show’ ideal can exist. Is that how you’d like your household to run?

Michael Ealy: I would love to have a complete family. I’d love to do it all at once. I‘d love to be able to give to my children what my parents were able to give to me. And if I’m blessed to be able to do that, fantastic. If I’m not, then life goes on. You have to do the best you can. There’s plenty of people out there doing the best they can every day. Some people are okay with it, and some people are like no, this is how it’s supposed to be. I do think we have to bring the family back; I do.

Loop 21: Is there a reason why haven’t you joined [Twitter]?

Ealy: I have been fighting it. I have been fighting it. I think more than likely, and I haven’t really said this publicly, but more than likely I will be on Twitter in 2012.

Loop 21: Why 2012?

Ealy: One, I don’t have time to do anything right now. I just don’t. And two, you know…I’m not done with this show until early next year so I just can’t physically do anything like that until next year. I know it’s just a matter of touching a couple of buttons on your phone, but believe me, this interview is difficult. When I tell you this schedule is a grind; it’s a grind. So, probably the top of next year. I remember talking to Kevin Hart and Taraji about Twitter and they kind of talked me into a little bit, so next year I’ll try it. …I’m more so concerned about people running Twitter and Facebook pages that I don’t run, but they’re allegedly mine. So I want to take control of that.

Photo by Michael Bezjian/Wireimage.com

88 Responses to “Michael Ealy Discusses Starting a Family, Joining Twitter”

pointhimout says:

sometimes i want to do him, but most times i dont. i want to do the guy in this pic. kids and marriage are overrated.

are those fishnets? i’m coming across the craziest schit in the office this week for some reason.

JMO says:

He’s a cutie!!!

chocolate divalicious aka CD says:

That nicca is fine as fukk do you hear me. He can :lick: me, then :hump: me and then turn me aound and fukk me some more :hunching: .

spongebobfan says:

LAWWWWWWWWWWWD now this is morning glory

vero says:

He looks much younger than 38!
    And yeah, he is cute !

eastpointvet says:

he can start a twitter and not say nothing but every 6 months like jay z does

lovezoe says:

That man, that man. My husband knows how much I love Michael Ealy, especially when he had on that fitted suit in Takers. Halle Berry really is crazy.

SunRiseBlossom says:

:warning: Those eyes will cause you to :hump: :ashamed:

His_Mommy623 says:

Lawddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd now that delicious mufugga right thurr :hump:

Michaellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll *faints* :love: :hump:

cute_BIG_gul says:

GM Auntie!!
    I actually love this posts its nice to know there a some black men that exist that are into a family unit and raising children WITH the mother. I’m goin to be 30 this month and have no kids, never been pregnant, and am extremely, dare I say it …RESPONSIBLE in my adult sex life. I am the last of my home girls that hasn’t fell into being a baby mama. I have really mixed feelings on this turn of my generation being nothing but random baby mamas and kids growing up in broke unprepared households born to parents that won’t except their life should be about raising their child now. I feel like its really bringing down our race as a whole, these young women and men are taking part in breaking down the already weak family unit and dynamics we have given up and got accustom to it seems. I don’t try and be condescending but I didn’t come this far to be a “baby mama”, so I’m on the mindset of no ring no womb, plus I’m not in the least bit interested in being a single parent, I’ve seen it done…and been raised by one, I’m good.
    thank you Michael for standing out.

mrsloveleigh says:

He is beautiful!!!! Sandra why did you scratch out submissive? There is nothing wrong with a woman being submissive IF she has a good man. I take my marital duties seriously and in return i have a very happy hubby

Hershey says:

I volunteer my womb for dem babies of his…lawd hav murci! He is GO-JUSS!!! :hump:

Honycoatd says:

Hola and good morning bish-hers and bish-his- Its good to be back!
    :hug: and :kiss:

mrsloveleigh says:

like your comment Cute Big Gul. More girls need to think like that instead of thinking a baby will keep a man

Hershey says:

Yes Halle is crazy!!! At least that’s what every man she’s been with says…always :mad: and always :wail: about something

Honycoatd says:

damn at all these wombs opened up this morning. *gets tube full of “Man” cum and fills wombs- getting him all kinda babies today*

YSoSerious says:

He aight. :coffee:

Morning and sht. :waves:

Honycoatd says:

Yso -Nayso :happy:

How are you and the kiddies-o?

his_onlyone
    :kiss:

Beach babe :kiss:

lady_cn says:

Those eyes get me every time. Sexy azz. :coffee:

YSoSerious says:

LUSCIOUS!! :hugs:

HONY!! :vomit:

Keep that mess away from me. Consider my womb is closed for repairs.

candibfly says:

he is fine :yes:

he has a pronounced jaw like the tinman in the wiz

buddapecan says:

Oh Michael how I love thee! Let me count the ways!!!!!!!!

lady_cn says:

candibfly says:

he is fine

he has a pronounced jaw like the tinman in the wiz

________________________________________________________________

*scrolls back up for a quick glance*

:hahaha: He sure does! :yes:

Honycoatd says:

Lusciousness Inside and out :kiss:

JMO says:

mrsloveleigh says:

___________________________________________________________________

:cosign:

YSoSerious says:

@HONY

We’re good. How are you and yours? Did you celebrate your b-day?

mrsloveleigh says:

He was at his best in Takers. Love to see a good looking man in a nice fitting suit

pointhimout says:

@candi

I like seeing the “pronounced” jaw on guys. very simple, yet very sexy. did i mention I want to do the guy in this pic?

OHoney says:

Oooooh those eyes

pointhimout says:

:hump: :hump: :hump: :hump: :hump: :hump: :hump:

His_Mommy623 says:

YSO!!! :hug:

Hey Hony, how was yo trip?

Canday, thats what i love about him most…that jawline :hump:

candibfly says:

yes u subtly mentioned that :hahaha:

OHoney says:

YSI :gossip: let’s talk

bnatural says:

I think he is very attractive but I’m not feeling that pic above…. :nono:

Candi Apple says:

I like this man for some reason

Hi Micheal My Name is Candi Apple: Nice to meet you… You want to go out for drinks tomorrow Hit me in my inbox @CandiApple….. Here is the code to my alarm system 1234 and my address is Rye, NY 10580 (we will work out the details later)

candibfly says:

i don’t think the pic captures his true fineness either

if i weren’t saving myself for marriage i would do him right now u hear me?! :yahoo: i can still have dirty thoughts about him tho *giggles*

YSoSerious says:

HIS!! :hugs:
    OHONEY!! :huh:

Who is this bish YSI and why you telling her sht that you won’t tell me?! :mad:

NaijaGal says:

Those eyes save him everytime…other than that :no:

:offtopic:
    I hear Heavy didn’t have any money and people are asking folks to donate money for his daughter

KyCakes says:

Back, bishes :karate: He’s mine…

*SIGH*

YSoSerious says:

It seems I am again the cheese standing alone in this post. :lol:

NaijaGal says:

Those eyes save him everytime…other than that :no:
    _____________________________________________________________
    I agree :yes: His swagu sauce is thick though…

KyCakes says:

HIS :hi:

YSoSerious says:

NAIJA!! :yahoo:

Yes! Someone to stand with me. :hugs:

YSoSerious says:

@CHIBY

Congrats! :partyhat:

KyCakes says:

:rofl: @ Candi already setting up a date…

lovezoe says:

:offtopic: If Love and Hip hop is so staged, why they going through the motions and removing all glass from the set?

singer25 says:

Ladies Ladies

I seen him in person…I was heading to the airport and he was coming off of the metro north train Yes ladies the train on 125th street in harlem and he was so handsome and nice….Some folks was looking at him and stopped and talked to some of them….His eyes are so bright in person too

MzTisch says:

cute_BIG_gul says:

GM Auntie!!
    thank you Michael for standing out.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I agree with you somewhat…..Babies out of wedlock ain’t nothing new.

lovezoe says:

@Naja, Diddy setting up a fund for his daughter, but… You know what, Diddy is entitled to spend his money any way he pleases.

NaijaGal says:

YSO :yahoo: giiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllllllllll hold my mule please

candibfly says:

and u didn’t slip him a business card with a pair of crotchless panties attached?! :shocked:

Hershey says:

@ Naija, I heard that too, that’s sad.

NaijaGal says:

@Yso I was so hurt they let Dominique go…don’t know if I can watch the remainder…I think they want the big eyed girl to win

candibfly says:

damn i had it dvr’d and hadn’t watched it yet :crying:

Honycoatd says:

Chibster- I told you congrats in the Be-yawn-sir post

Trip was great and well needed- was suppose to be 3 days and ended up staying for 5 days. And luckily my manager had to call and tell me. I am not the boss and need to get my ass back to work :cry:

YSoSerious says:

@NAIJA

You may be right about Allison but I’m rooting for Lisa and I’m NOT rooting for Angelea. That bish and her attitude have built a damn townhouse on my nerves, I swear. :lol:

caligirl says:

:team: Micheal E :cheer: I wonder what his type is?

:offtopic:

News source Retuers….wrote “The woman who claimed teen singer Justin Bieber fathered a baby with her has dropped her paternity lawsuit, but Mariah Yeater’s lawyer said on Wednesday she is pursuing her claim out of court.

Sources close to Bieber said on Wednesday that arrangements were underway for the DNA test to take place soon.

Chicago attorney Jeffery Leving said on Wednesday that Yeater had dropped the lawsuit but had a new legal team and hoped to reach a private settlement with Bieber’s lawyers.”

Sound like a Maury show to me :coffee:

NaijaGal says:

@lovezoe that’s nice of diddy but I don’t u/s how these celebrities don’t make sure their kids are set first

Candi Apple says:

I forgot my phone number 914-876-54321

oohhh and here is my business card with crotch-less panties

Thanks for the tip :rofl:

NaijaGal says:

@Candi I’m so sorry didn’t mean to spoil anything for you

Honycoatd says:

Chibster- I told you congrats in the Be-yawn-sir post
    ________________________________________________
    Thanks!

Candi Apple says:

@KY At the top of my game…. :rofl:

NaijaGal says:

@YSO I was so hoping Angelea was going to kick rocks but inside I just knew it wouldn’t happen…apparently she hasn’t learned humility yet…and yeah I want Lisa to win now just b/c the other girls keep trying to clown her looks

Bootcampgirl says:

Hey all :waves: (speaks anyway even though none of yall rude bishes speak anyway) :rofl:

I think I have to agree with the judges, Dominique is a bad bish but she just dosen’t have “it” imo. The big eyed girl, who’s eyes really creep me the fluck out, does have a brand that pic she took in the salad was fierce even the homely girl looked girl with that bow and arrow. Imo both of those chicks have “it” for runways, cover girl, couture. I agree with what someone else said that one bish’s attitude stinks to high heaven.

candibfly says:

its ok naija, i kinda knew she’d be next :(

Bootcampgirl says:

On topic-his eyes are the only thing that’s a turn on for me..

I Go There says:

I wish I would have known it was another post up… I wouldnt have been stuck with the damn walls caving-in on that Bey post.

Tainted_Love says:

Ehhhh I just don’t find him attractive at all!

Dee1127 says:

He iiiiigghhhtt…. :coffee:

Dawn Sheen says:

GAWD! I hate everyone for not alerting me to a post with my baby daddy in it… I freaking love me some him… I have to actually log out and go rub one out…

KyCakes says:

Dawn Sheen says:

:ghost: @ Dawn….

CFREE says:

:love: dreamy eyed azz nicca :kiss:

CFREE says:

Rub one out, that dayum DawnSheen :lol:

KayCeiSoul says:

:waves:

I think he’s a very handsome guy. But he doesn’t do it for me though.:no:

pointhimout says:

@naija

I think people now just automatically ask for donations, especially when it’s a celebrity. I’m not giving anything. He had a daughter. well, so do many of my friends, siblings, and countrymen. If anyone is that financially irresponsible to not even have a life insurance policy, even AFTER you have kids, something’s wrong with you. there’s nothing wrong with me for not giving.

Dawn Sheen says:

CFREE says:

dreamy eyed azz nicca
    ———–
    Girl he make my clock tick… he blows my whistle, toots my horn, he boils my water…

CFREE says:

mmm hmmm :yes: @DAWNSHEEN all of the above

pointhimout says:

jojo simmons caught with a tranny. uh, he’s near NY. they love trannies in ny, nj, and philly. this isn’t news. sorry. prop on a wig, shave ya stache, and sport some jeans that accenuates ur ass and ur in there. so I’ve heard :beard:

Mother Jefferson says:

NaijaGal says:
    Those eyes save him everytime…other than that
    ———————–
    :cosign: And all of Halle lightskinned exes turn me off for some reason, Eric Benet too…she tainted them brothers :coffee:

JMO says:

I Go There says:

_______________________________________________________________________

People that knock the Cliff and Claire way or think the family was so perfect obviously were not paying very good attention to the show. From episode one there were issues with the family. The kids were getting bad grades, stealing money out of moms purse to buy a darn light up shirt, sneaking out of state to a rock concert, shacking up, breaking up, sneaking in, sneaking out, getting drunk, telling family business all types of craziness. Cliff and Claire sometimes had their tiffs or disagreed about things pertaining to the kids. Cliff and Claire weren’t “poor” and didn’t call their kids a-holes and fast tail heffas, but they did check ‘em. And that’s why I still love that show. Better ask somebody. Lol.

BTW: I find Michael Ealy hott most of the time. Like in the Halo video. I didn’t care to see it until I heard he was in it. :)

lexdiamonz says:

Dear Michael Ealy aka “my boo”,

I can peel a banana one inch at a time ….INSIDE MY MOUTH…
    get at me