“Viola Davis Wears Her Hair Natural at the Oscars”

^^^ That was the headline on People.com last night during the telecast of the 84th Annual Oscar Awards last night.

I was shocked and taken aback when I read that gratuitous headline.

The article went on to mention how “completely comfortable” Viola Davis looked wearing her own “rich reddish crop” of hair offset by the “emerald-hued Vera Wang dress and glamorous green earrings.” How shameful and embarrassing is it that in 2012 — with a black president occupying the White House — we as a human race make headlines for being “comfortable” wearing our own hair?

Offsetting her rich reddish crop with an emerald-hued Vera Wang gown and glamorous green earrings, Davis looked completely comfortable — and totally stunning — as she walked down the carpet to take her seat in the theater as a best actress nominee for The Help. Says the star of changing up her style, “It gives me flavor. It makes me feel like I’m spicing up my life a bit.”

Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images North America

• MsOnederful

beautiful

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwik0Lon-g&ob=av2e FeFe

GORG! :)

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwik0Lon-g&ob=av2e FeFe

Oh and in response to the headline…I ain’t surprised… :coffee:

• https://twitter.com/Mizz_Dallas mizzdallas

She looks gorgeous!! I’m so glad she burned that dollar store wig…

• Sweet-tea

She looks fabulous! I love her whole look!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwik0Lon-g&ob=av2e FeFe

The “completely comfortable” part is what should have been edited out…like :wtf:

• buddapecan

Her hair looks better than any wig I’ve ever seen her in. :coffee:

• Chocolate Thunder

BEAUTIFUL :claps:

Get it, Ms. Vi!!!

That emerald gown against her skin tone is effin gorg! Ms. Davis was slaying the Oscars and them pasty hoes had to DEAL! <— Kid Fury voice

What?! BOOM! <— Tamar voice

• https://twitter.com/Mizz_Dallas mizzdallas

:offtopic:

As producers scramble to complete a script for the Whitney Houston biopic, Rihanna has emerged as a contender for the lead role. Find out who else is on the shortlist inside……

It turns out that Meagan Good isn’t the only person being considered for the lead role in the upcoming Whitney Houston biopic.

She faces stiff competition as Jennifer Hudson and Jordin Sparks have also been mentioned for the role. In addition, Willow Smith may play Whitney as a child and Vivica A. Fox is expected to have a part in the movie as well.

wth!! robyn first contender, who is going to do the voice-over for her??!! I dont want to see jhud or jsparks .. smdh

• NaijaGal

She’s absolutely stunning…flawless skin, sick body

:yawn: to the rest…hair, skin the debate that is never ending

Absolutely stunning! :yes:

• free

it IS breaking news when a celebrity (especially a black one) wears her natural hair…. now maybe it’ll become a fashion trend.

• VDot

She looks gorgeous!

I’ma need YTs to stay up out of our hair though. :wtf:

• http://twitter.com/#!/Birdshu Bird

It ain’t that serious Sandra. The critics were talking about everyones hair when they were braking down there look. At least she got a thumbs up. Cameron Diaz didn’t. It’s a differant look for her for the first time during this award season so of course it stood out.

Anywho, she looks beautiful and I want my hurr did like hers. (while I ponder whether to grow my locks back)

• Chocolate Thunder

“Violet Davis wears her hair Natural at the Oscars”
    ********************************
    To be honest Sandra it sounds like something you would say :coffee:

• Trendsetter

Beautiful….

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwik0Lon-g&ob=av2e FeFe

I :heart: Robyn Fenty…but playing Whitney ain’t in the cards for her! :nono:

Jhud and Jsparks are both too heavy to play Whit…Whit was a tall thin woman…

• £ the commenter formally known as Hershey

Viola is beautiful, wig or not, absolutely beautiful.

@ MzDallas, Meagan should play her or Sanaa Lathan, whoever gets the role will be destined for an Osca rlike Jamie Foxx in Ray. Jordan doesn’t have enough street cred to play anyone other than the naive girl next door, Jennifer is too blah for the role, give it to Megan or Sanaa

• http://www.buzzfeed.com/burnred/the-25-funniest-autocorrects-of-2011-281t JMO

Guess I’m the only one that doesn’t like the hair color :shrug: I think she looked great but that hair color looks strange.

• Daisy

I did not like her dress (loved the color) but she looked beautiful and stunning :clap:

The red carpet dresses were blah to me overall this year. I only liked J Lo and Gwyneth Paltrow (I rarely like what she wears).

@Yso I think u said u have locs last week me too! Mine are hitting the middle of my back but I plan to cut some length off this spring and get more highlights.

• RIP: Pillow-pet (9/11 – 01/12)

“How shameful and embarrassing is it that in 2012 — with a black president occupying the White House — we as a human race make headlines for being “comfortable” wearing our own hair?”

How can anyone be mad at this when the premier black woman, er, woman of color is a white woman with blonde hair?

The Yak is supposed to be the premier black woman, and her husband, the premier black man. They pay people to write up stuff about them weekly. And are treated as the most stylish and astute black people on the planet in news planted by them.

So, many women (especially women in atlanta) get all of their styling tips from television and cable shows. Most women here are some adaptation of some homo or transexual dream. Almost all of the men are natural (except for the “special” queens), but most of the women are extremely artificial.

• Anna

NaijaGal says:

She’s absolutely stunning…flawless skin, sick body

to the rest…hair, skin the debate that is never ending

~~~~~~~~~
    Ditto. I also thought the same of Robin Roberts.

• iAmChan

Natural is beautiful….if its kept up well

• candibfly

who would vivica play? cissy or dionne?

• Chocolate Thunder

@FE
    She can do anything she puts her mind to. I for one am willing to put in long nights in helping her study her lines :coffee:

mizzdallas says:

:offtopic:

__________________________________________________________________

Maybe there starting early with the april fools jokes :think:

*they’re

• £ the commenter formally known as Hershey

@ Anna Robin Roberts was WEARING that gown she had on, never knew she was a curvy under her work wear :lol:

• free

candibfly says: who would vivica play? cissy or dionne?

*****************************

• AllNYC

Whenever you switch up your style, you should be spicing things up. She spoke very candidly with Oprah about her new hairstyle and how it made her feel.
    I’m not going to complain about a compliment, and I hardly believe Viola Davis would complain either.

• RIP: Pillow-pet (9/11 – 01/12)

“Wow. She’s spicing her life up by wearing her natural hair? We should all bow our heads in disgrace at how far we’ve come.’

I’m sure they edited this section out in Atlanta.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwik0Lon-g&ob=av2e FeFe

Did anyone else notice Chris Rock’s nappy blow out look…I really liked it on him, it’s a good change! :thumbsup:

• Chocolate Thunder

candibfly says: who would vivica play? cissy or dionne?
    **********************
    Dionne. They both have that Firemarshall Bill look to them.

• RIP: Pillow-pet (9/11 – 01/12)

I say that they are going to push the Yak on us to play Whitney.

White people think that the Yak can do no wrong.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwik0Lon-g&ob=av2e FeFe

@Choco Thunder

• GeminEyez

She looked really nice and picked a very elegant gown to wear. Loved the jewelry as well…. I dont see her much so this look is all I know except the wig in the movie

• brownskin A.K.A Creamy

RIP: Pillow-pet (9/11 – 01/12) says:

________________________________________________________

1. what did beyonce have to do with this
    2. I am all natural and most of the people I know In the A

:shrugs: Help

Ahhhh!!!

Metlife will let you insure a 30 year old male for $500k for $21 a month! Mister is 27!!

I’m finna take out a policy on his azz and then kill him!

BRB!

• free

FeFe says: Did anyone else notice Chris Rock’s nappy blow out look…I really liked it on him, it’s a good change!

********************************

yes, he looked cute!

• iAmChan

Vivica Fox gonna play the person that introduced Whitney to the drugs….damn shame too

• cocoa49

This is so beautiful to see. Black women need to start embracing their blackness. These weaves, wigs, and hair processing to look like the
    European woman sickens me. No matter how straight you wear your hair, you will always be BLACK. We were blessed with the texture of her hair. we can wear it in so many ways. Just remember who you are. Just by the above headline, it shows how obsess we are with wigs and weaves that when we finally wear our hair the way God intended us too, even the whites have something to say about it.

@DAISY

I don’t know if I want my locs to get too far past my shoulders. Seems like a lot more work. :think:

As for Viola, I’ll keep saying how gorgeous she was last night. When she did that photo shoot a couple of weeks back I said then I wanted her to wear her natural hair. I wish somebody would have sent Gabby that memo. :no:

• Chocolate Thunder

:rolleyes: Who was was even talking about Beyonce?

@Fe
    Chris Rock looked good. He looked younger also :yes:

AllNYC says:

————————————————

I think it’s strange that you have to explain your hairstyle to someone. I mean, she’s really trying not to scare people, by giving an explanation on her personal preferences. What a shame.

• free

RIP: Pillow-pet (9/11 – 01/12) says:

I say that they are going to push the Yak on us to play Whitney.

White people think that the Yak can do no wrong.

**********************************

i don’t know if she will get the role without matty pushing it but you know she is gonna go anything with oscar potential. she’ll have to put money on the table but this could be her comeback role and make everyone forget about the lie.

Dayum, I love Viola in that color! :yes:

DID I MENTION THAT GREEN IS MY FAV COLOR??? :biggrin:

• EssenceofU

Re Whitney biopic……did Monica stop acting? She would be perfect! I could even see her with the short curly hair like Whitney had in the beginning, plus she can “sang” too. Or Cynthia Baily……if she could act. She resembles Whitney a lot. JHud or Jordan Sparks, NOT!

• gypsyeyes

Yall are so over the place!

:dead: @ SASSY!

• Daisy

:popcorn:

• brownskin A.K.A Creamy

Beyonce :shrugs: WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY do she come in every conversation, give VIOLA her shine :crying1:

cocoa49 says:

—————————————————-

This is so true, Cocoa. But you know, black people keep tripping them ownselves up. We make millionaires out of people who call us niggas, bytches, and hoes. We copy those who go to the extreme of not even looking black, by adopting fake, blonde hair.

All of this in the age of the first president with African ancestry in him. We are much more whack than the slaves were. They had to be whack. We don’t have an excuse.

• http://www.landofpure.net Fayla aka IWhipIt..WhipItRealGood:)

:bow: she tore that red carpet UP! u GO Viola!!!
    fluck that “totally comfy” part of the article tho :coffee:

it IS sad that wearing our natural hair is making headlines. BFD how one chooses to wear their hair. key word here being THEIR. whatever floats ur boat hun. like i said before. i wish i WOULD let how anova woman wears her hair affect me negatively :coffee:

• iAmChan

@ EssenceofU

I would love to see Monica do it, she got that attitude to go along with it.

• Trendsetter

I am so over Jennifer Hudson….

• flsun99

To me she always looked uncomfortable in those ugly wigs.

My hair was like this for nearly 7 months. I relaxed it in November. Just two weeks ago I cut it off again and now I’m back to Natural. I allowed my husband and son to talk me into relaxing my hair again. But I felt the most comfortable (and confident) with my natural look. So, I’m team natural again and don’t give a rat’s azz who doesn’t like it. I will be 37 this week and I am starting to not give a f**k what others think about me. So many of us (women) hide behind hair to cover up insecurities. I was one of those women.

Viola looked stunning and I pray she keeps this look from now on.

• Bootcampgirl

Morning peeps :waves:
    Viola looks great love that dress
    @Dougie-rule #1 don’t say a word….

• http://youtu.be/hsYI8CPUQsc YSoSrs

I actually think Monica should be considered for the role of Whitney if they are gonna go ahead with it. :shrugs:

I’m not a fan nor do I know about her acting but at least she can sing and seems to be the right body type. Can’t say either for Meghan or Rihanna. :nono:

• candibfly

i’m really tired of the ‘u wear weave so ur not embracing ur blackness’ talk :rolleyes:

• Ty

Viola looked great and I love that shade of green. Im glad she ditched that ugly azz wig

Chocolate Thunder says:

candibfly says: who would vivica play? cissy or dionne?
    **********************
    Dionne. They both have that Firemarshall Bill look to them.
    __________________________________________________________________

*talks real fast while showing teeth* “Lemme tell ya something!”

:hahaha: My sister and I used to walk around the house pissing my parents off with that … ahh good times

free says:

RIP: Pillow-pet (9/11 – 01/12) says:

I say that they are going to push the Yak on us to play Whitney.

White people think that the Yak can do no wrong.

**********************************

———————————————-

You know, as long as we go along with our own demise, white people ain’t gonna fight it. They know most black people think that they are ugly unless they are applying some artificial means to wipe out their african ancestry.

@ESSENCE

You stole the words right from my fingers. :yes:

Now who don’t got Pillow Sham started again? :rolleyes:

EssenceofU says:

___________________________________

Monica was a actress? :blink: I remember her being a sassy waitress at the Waffle house in ATL, but did I miss some major roles she’s been in?

• Daisy

@Yso I don’t like them this long but my stylist refuses to cut them until Spring and even then she said she isn’t cutting them as short as I want them cause then I will be mad cause she can’t style them in a cute way :lol: These locs are hot and heavy I can’t have all this hair on my head in the summertime :nono: my hair grows super fast.

Who yall think shld replace Whitney in Waiting to Exhale part II???

• http://www.buzzfeed.com/burnred/the-25-funniest-autocorrects-of-2011-281t JMO

People, people, don’t talk to it!

• Anna

free says:

~~~~~~~
    Miley Cyrus was there. She said she cut her hair. Don’t they all wear weaves? Miley did look nice, not trashy.

@ Daisy – Is that Crunch n Munch??? Can I have some?? :pray:

Boot, Anna, Candi & Pillow Pet :hug:

Anna says:

free says:

~~~~~~~
    ———————————————-

Yep, Anna. They all wear weaves and hair pieces, it just looks more readily apparent and artificial on most black people though.

• free

Anna says:

free says:

~~~~~~~

**********************************

yes, white and black ones. i just think black ones are more noticeable when they wear their hair naturally. whites seem to use weave as filler but blacks have hair all down their damn backs to their ankles.

The Makeup Maven says:

Boot, Anna, Candi & Pillow Pet

——————————————-

What up, Maven? Ya miss me, gul?

• Sassy! Muthaf**king, Sassy!

Oh please get off of the natural/un-natural, real black/fake black debate, please!!!!

I ain’t never had an instance where my hair style either entitled me or DIS-entitled me to white privilege!

Whyc an’t we just say: “Wow! Viola looks great! I love her hair- it really works for her!” and leave it alone.

Tired of hearing a bunch of bald bishes razzing folks about whether or not they buy/fry/dye their hair and how it’s affecting their “cultural alliance.”

Either grow or sew your own damn hair so you can shut the fukk up and stop hating!

RIP: Pillow-pet (9/11 – 01/12) says:

The Makeup Maven says:

Boot, Anna, Candi & Pillow Pet

——————————————-

What up, Maven? Ya miss me, gul?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I do hav’ta admit I was wondering where you been? WHERE YOU BEEN???
    :waiting:

• iAmChan

@ Bootcampgirl

Morning to you too

• Detective Iheart

Chocolate Thunder says:

candibfly says: who would vivica play? cissy or dionne?
    **********************
    Dionne. They both have that Firemarshall Bill look to them

:dead:

free says:

Anna says:

free says:

~~~~~~~

**********************************

—————————————–

That’s the myth, Free. All of these white performers wear as much weave and hair pieces as the black performers do. With black performers, it is just more obvious because it doesn’t fit us most of the time.

• http://www.landofpure.net Fayla aka IWhipIt..WhipItRealGood:)

:blink: no ma’am @Rihanna playing Whitney

@Essence, i think Monica would be a great choice :shrug:

<—misses my loc's SO BAD!!! :crying: i just dont think i want the committment. i had them for 14 years already. they r just sooo ez to maintain!

Sassy! Muthaf**king, Sassy! says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    :rofl: :hahaha: :lol:

*cultural allegiance

• Bootcampgirl

Hey @Tatted
    This coversation is beginning to turn for the worst :rolleyes:

• Daisy

I think Viola will go back to weaves/wigs for movie roles and I will not be mad/label or judge her.

@Sassy … you can sew your own hair in? :think:

• gypsyeyes

This post is going left in 5.4.3.2.1

:popcorn:

The Makeup Maven says:

RIP: Pillow-pet (9/11 – 01/12) says:

The Makeup Maven says:

Boot, Anna, Candi & Pillow Pet

——————————————-

What up, Maven? Ya miss me, gul?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I do hav’ta admit I was wondering where you been? WHERE YOU BEEN???
    —————————————————-

I’ve been doing stuff, gul. Got tah do some more of it now. I’m goofing off.

• Detective Iheart

Trendsetter says:

I am so over Jennifer Hudson….

_________

:cosign:

@Bootcamp

Did you ever check out the photg I recommended for the boudoir shoot? What did you think?

• Bootcampgirl

Hey @IamChandler

• free

iAmChan says:

@ EssenceofU

I would love to see Monica do it, she got that attitude to go along with it.

***********************************

true. yall might be on to something there….

• Ty

mizzdallas says:

This role should go to Tamyra Gray. She has the looks and vocals for the role.

• http://youtu.be/hsYI8CPUQsc YSoSrs

Now why would they do a Waiting to Exhale II? Especially now that Whitty ain’t here? :no:

• EssenceofU

@Hershey, Mo’ starred in an HBO movie back in the day, wasn’t that great but she can work on it, plus she knew Whitney so it should be easy for her to channel her, LOL.

@ Boot – what’s wrong girlie??? :

• http://dawnsheen.blogspot.com/ Oil Sheen Jones (The artist formally kwn as Dawn Sheen)

TMZ said she went wigless… kinda weird how it kind of stings when other eaces voice their opinions on when people of color appear without their additives…

• http://www.twitter.com/cocoabana Cocoabana

Sassy! Muthaf**king, Sassy! says:

Why can’t we just say: “Wow! Viola looks great! I love her hair- it really works for her!” and leave it alone.

——–
    :hahaha: so true.

• Bootcampgirl

@Dougie-yes I did, she is great. Have you booked your time slot yet?

@JMO
    Me? Hellz no! I ain’t that talented! When I do get sew-ins, I pays this chick way too damn much to do it for me.

No, no, no. I’m just now tryna learn how to clip my own ends. The sew-ins, I can leave to professionals!

• Detective Iheart

Sassy! Muthaf**king, Sassy! says:

Get EM :rofl:

• I Go There

Sassy! Muthaf**king, Sassy! says:

________________________________________________________

:clap:

Well said….

But… :hahaha:

• Ty

Kelly Clarkson and Tamyra tribute at the Fox. Tamyra still got it :yes:

• RIP: Pillow-pet (9/11 – 01/12)

I think they are just going to say “Phugg it!” and let BETTY WHITE play Whitney. They always giving that old lady shine, like she’s the sht.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwik0Lon-g&ob=av2e FeFe

What really kills me is that folks don’t act like black people don’t have straight hair…I can name like 4 people in my family off the top of my head who had straight roots… :rolleyes:

#movingon
    #nottryingtogetonthistopic

:dead: @ Gypsy :lol:

• Daisy

@makeupmaven Naw its white cheddar popcorn sorry

• iAmChan

@Bootcampgirl

How you get my whole name outta that? o_O

:hugs: @SASSY

My crazy e-friend…

@Bootcamp
    Not yet. Gotta get my body just a smidge bit more in shape and then I’ma go for it. I’ma try for May/June. I done got ideas for certain shots I want and made a little sketchbook for her and everything!

<— finna feel like a real model for like 3 hours one day this Summer. :lol:

• Bootcampgirl

@Tatted-nothin’ just smh at some of these comments. I must have alot of self hatred because I wear weaves, wigs and braids. I think it’s just brings out my beauty, but it’s different strokes for different folks…

• I Go There

YSoSrs says:

____________________________________

You know Terry McMillian will do anything she can to gain some love… especially since ole Stella Groove got interupted but the sugar tank boy… :lol:

• gypsyeyes

I’m really white, I’m just wearing a black suit to fit in :coffee:

8-) <— Ray Charles

• The Makeup Maven

@ Daisy – I see yo azz. You just don’t want me to have none! I’m hip on you, though! :lol:

• Bootcampgirl

@IamChan-although I don’t always get the time to post, I do be on lurk status…

• KDub

I was a tad bit offended that it was not just on “Peepa” mag site but EVERYWHERE as a headline.

• Daisy

#teamJHud :cheer: but I don’t think she should play Whitney and I’m not sure how true that report even is listing ppl who should play Whitney.

• Detective Iheart

<< Still addicted to the "creamy crack" and gives 2 fuggs about anyone who has something to say about it :rollseyes: while still givng :applause: to my natural and weave wearing bishes!!

:waves: @TY

Tamyra Gray would be a decent choice too… :yes:

:hug: @ Yso!

:dead: @ JMO and that dayum Ray Charles! :lol:

Detective Iheart says:

_____________________________________

:cosign:

:dead: at Gypsy!

Oil Sheen Jones (The artist formally kwn as Dawn Sheen) says:

—————————————–

Most black women more trannied out than trannies. I was looking at some old blackploitation movies this weekend, and noted how small and stunning natural the people were. I mean, even if someone was sporting a press n curl or a perm, they still looked black. I wonder how they did that. Maybe Tyler Perry can fund a movie and show us how.

• Detective Iheart

gypsyeyes says:

I’m really white, I’m just wearing a black suit to fit in

Is your AB suit on top or under you black suit :coffee:

• The Makeup Maven

@ Boot – I alrett know you can give 2 fcks what anyone thinks of you! Sooo, you good! :yes:

• Chocolate Thunder

*Snatches MP glasses* :cool:

• Sassy! Muthaf**king, Sassy!

:dead: -er at JMO and “Ray Charles.”

G’nite, folks! Goin’ up yonder! :ghost:

• http://www.buzzfeed.com/burnred/the-25-funniest-autocorrects-of-2011-281t JMO

Tatted… sometimes font just need to be ignored so I keep my ray charles shades handy :thumbsup:

• lovezoe

cocoa49 says:

===============================

Have a a HUGE _/ ASAP!!! We are unique because no matter how we wear our hair we are fly.

#teamrelaxedbecauseIamstressed

• The Makeup Maven

@ Gypsy – DON’T START. I CANNOT AFFORD TO BUST OUT INTO LAUGHTER THIS MORNING! I’m tryna “act” like I’m working! :coffee:

• Sassy! Muthaf**king, Sassy!

I’d rather he fund your azz a muzzle first…. Lawd! You really irk my spirit, LADY!!

• Daisy

Getting to Happy was written before Whitney died and Terry said it would be made into a movie. I loved the book and I am looking forward to the movie cause Terry said it will still be made. She said she isn’t thinking abt who is replacing Whitney yet on twitter last wk and we shldnt either :lol:

• Ty

YSoSrs says:

_________
    They had contracts before Whitney passed. Everyone signed on months ago. They were waiting on Whitney’s schedule though for production. So I guess they have to do it anyway :shrug:

• http://www.buzzfeed.com/burnred/the-25-funniest-autocorrects-of-2011-281t JMO

Zoe made me sit out my juice with that hash tag :rofl:

• greente

I have been waiting for you to post this. I was so upset about all the fuss about her hair. She looked gorgeous. I don’t understand why it was such a big deal. I just had a conversation with a co-worker about how this look is “unprofessional” and I seriously angered by her comment. I am not team natural or team relaxer, I am team “do you”.

• http://youtu.be/hsYI8CPUQsc YSoSrs

I’m really Norwegian and my locs are actually attached to my head wrap. Who want some? :karate:

• !*LaKErCHiC@*!

Sassy :hug: I agree she look good that green is beautiful

• Bootcampgirl

:cosign: @JMO this is just becoming way to extra…

Detective Iheart says:

gypsyeyes says:

I’m really white, I’m just wearing a black suit to fit in

Is your AB suit on top or under you black suit :coffee:
    ______________________________________________________

@ JMO – I see! Yo azz keep the Blue Blockers handy! :lol:

• NaijaGal

nobody better not say nothin bad bout Betty White

• gypsyeyes

@Daisy- I love your Locs. I was natural for almost 2 years and I looked in the mirror and Florida Evans was staring back at me. Color wouldn’t hold on my natural hair. I have gone back to relaxing it but I learned alot while I was natural about maintaining.
    We are a race that can do what we want to our hair. It’s us that make things difficult. YT aint got nothing to do with it.
    Please let this convo end before some bishes get bitter and shyt!

• The Makeup Maven

:popcorn: & _____/ _______/ (really buffalo bites for me and my SIS)

Bootcampgirl says:

:cosign: @JMO this is just becoming way to extra…
    ________________________________________________________

:waves: <— extra pair of shades

Here you go girl. I have plenty extras :lol:

NaijaGal says:

nobody better not say nothin bad bout Betty White

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ‘XACTLY!

• Detective Iheart

gypsyeyes says:

I hatechu Gypy :crying: :rofl:

• Ty

:wave: @ YSo and who ever else I missed

Who pissed Sassy off :think:

:whistle: :whistle:

Little girl with the press and curl
    Age eight I got a Jheri curl
    Thirteen then I got a relaxer
    I was a source of so much laughter
    Fifteen when it all broke off
    Eighteen and then I went all natural
    February two thousand and two I
    Went and did what I had to do
    Cause it was time to change my life
    To become the women that I am inside
    Ninety-seven dreadlocks all gone
    Looked in the mirror for the first time and saw that
    Hey…

[Chorus]
    I am not my hair
    I am not this skin
    I am not your ex-pec-tations no no
    I am not my hair
    I am not this skin
    I am a soul that lives within

:dance:

@Tatted :yes:

• http://www.landofpure.net Fayla aka IWhipIt..WhipItRealGood:)

gypsyeyes says:

I’m really white, I’m just wearing a black suit to fit in
    :dead: :ghost:

just bc i choose not the creamy crack does not make me better than u, nor u better than me. we ILL all nigras! :crying:

heyyy KDub!! :hug:

• KDub

Okay I done read these comments…and I stroll up in this piece with this wig on and I done strolled up in here with just some oil on on Big Ben Wallace status with my afro pick in my purse.

I done rolled up in here cornrowed…I done hit em with the kinky twists in a color…FUGG EM. Fugg anybody who dares say something negative…and fugg that bish who shaped like a 12 yo adolescent boy who sit on the other side who met me in the kitchen with “we need an Excel spreadsheet to keep up with your many hairdo’s KDub” I left a BLANK spreadsheet in her mailbox.

:dead: @ THAT DAYUM YSO! :lol:

:zzz:

Detective Iheart says:

<< Still addicted to the "creamy crack" and gives 2 fuggs about anyone who has something to say about it while still givng to my natural and weave wearing bishes!!

_______________________________

:handclap: I loves me some relaxer, loves me some weaves too, and I'm not mad at the 100% natural women, goodie two muthafuggin shoes to you. You do you, I'll do me, all love at the end of the day.

@GYPSY

Some folks just stay bitter about what other folks do that ain’t got sht to do with them. Sad, ain’t it? :coffee:

And I didn’t even know Terry had written a follow up to Exhale. :think:

NaijaGal says:

nobody better not say nothin bad bout Betty White

—————————————-

You know that this is going to be her knock out role befo’ she dies. Playing Whitney Houston. That’s right. I said it. She gone play the hail outta that role. And I can’t stand that ole bytch. hahahah

• NaijaGal

Are Egyptians, Ethiopians, Eritrians, Morrocans, Madagascans less black because their hair texture is akin to whities?

• http://youtu.be/hsYI8CPUQsc YSoSrs

I ILL A NIGRA!! :rofl: <—Me wiggling in the dirt.

• £ the commenter formally known as Hershey

@ Yso, Terry’s follow up to Waiting to Exhale, must have been written during her I hate men years, it was a good read, but clearly she hated EVERY man that was fiction and non fiction when she put fanga to keyboard for this one :yes:

• gypsyeyes

I have been walking away the pounds. You walk 3 miles in 48 minutes. When I was finished I cussed all them bishes out on that DVD. Who would have thunk that they were going to make me hurt like that. I have also been fasting off of some things. Lost 8 lbs in 11 days. Fugg that AB suit!

• Daisy

@gyps Thanks

@yso Yes it came out abt 2yrs ago if not longer Getting to Happy great read to me.

• NaijaGal

somebody is obviously on that snow

• Detective Iheart

But GYpy I still want the ab suit though :crying:

• iAmChan

Ladies, ould any of you ever wear a “natural” weave? I just saw one at work……why?

• I Go There

Oh Gawd….

Waiting to Exhale and Natrual hair vs Weave

you heffas killin my monday.

• EssenceofU

Tamyra Gray is not a good fit to play Whitney, IMO. I think it detracts from a biopic when the lead is off, like Will Smith as Mohammed Ali…..wasn’t believable at all! And Halle as Areatha…….chile please! But we forgot Ray was really Jamie Foxx! IJS. So Sandra get that petition started for Mo’ playing Whitney, :)

• http://www.landofpure.net Fayla aka IWhipIt..WhipItRealGood:)

Ty!! :cheer: hey dahlin, how was ur weekend?

i hate the emotion that come out sometimes when we have hair/skin color discussions. ppl emotions be all heavy & chit :(

#deepseatedissues

• Chocolate Thunder

@Hershey

Where is your Betty White gravi? :coffee:

• NaijaGal

I heard bad reviews for “getting to happy”…it’s been like 17 years wouldn’t the ladies be senior citizens and retired

• KDub

I ILL A NIGRA!! <—Me wiggling in the dirt.

—————————————————
    I izzzzzzzzz NIGGGGRA (dances around in that circle again….looking folks all up in they face)

I ILLLLLL A NIGRA… :yahoo: (pushes up my sleeves so folks can see and falls in the dirt with @Fay and @Yso) :rofl:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwik0Lon-g&ob=av2e FeFe

NaijaGal says:

_________
    :bowdown: This is the point I was making…I have relatives who are dark, have rich dark skin, or even some who are lighter brown, light-skinned whatever and have STRAIGHT hair! like it grows straight out the roots…so are they not black? WE ARE NOT A MONOLITH! *sighs*

• The Makeup Maven

<—– HATES YSO & KDUB THIS MONDAY MORN'

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Dawn Sheen says:

kinda weird how it kind of stings when other [races] voice their opinions on when people of color appear without their additives…

:applause:

• gypsyeyes

LET ME END THIS DEBATE (INTENSE STYLE)

YALL BISHES GONNA WEAR YOUR HAIR THE WAY YOU WANT TO.IT’S WHAT YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE IN JUST LIKE YOUR SKIN. IF YOU DON’T LIKE YOUR HAIR CHANGE IT BUT IF YOU DON’T LIKE MINE DON’T LOOK AT IT. THIS DEBATE WILL GO IN CIRCLES LIKE A DOG CHASING HIS TAIL.
    YOUR INSECURITIES MAKE YOU NOT LIKE SOMEONE’S HAIR,SKIN OR STYLE. BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY WHAT THEY EAT WONT MAKE YOU SHYT.

POOT BROCCOLI HOES!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwik0Lon-g&ob=av2e FeFe

And I read ‘Getting to Happy’ and it was missing something…not that good to me…it was just OK…not rushing to the theater to see it either if Whit can’t play Savannah…

• iAmChan

<– has all natural hair…lmao

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwik0Lon-g&ob=av2e FeFe

:dead: @gypsey

• gypsyeyes

AND ANOTHER THING, WHY SHE MAKING ME WATCH ‘YO GABBA GABBA’. AINT NO KIDS IN HERE!

Oh let me take my cap locks off, it was getting good!

• gypsyeyes

If anything Pearl Cleage books need to be made into movies. I love that lady!

Detective Iheart says:

But GYpy I still want the ab suit though

what AB suit?

• Sassy! Muthaf**king, Sassy!

I hate Kbdub and her spreadsheet azz and I HATE Yso for bringing up Queen and doing the “wiggling in the dirt” with it.

Fukk both of ya’lls nappy-headed ho lives!! :ghost:

• http://www.buzzfeed.com/burnred/the-25-funniest-autocorrects-of-2011-281t JMO

Chandler and gypsy are silly :hahaha:

• Ty

:dead: @ Gypsey

:rofl: @ Gypsy!

• change

:shrugs:
    I get offended when people assume I’m mixed with something because of my grade of hair, like black folks hair have to be one way. People of color don’t just mean African we come in all shades, all different hair types. Wear a weave if it makes you happy, wear yo’ natural hair if it make you happy what’s the big deal?

:offtopic:
    Babe don’t come up in my house w/ no weave :coffee:
    :zzz:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwik0Lon-g&ob=av2e FeFe

@change

:cosign: your #184…and it annoys me when WE act like we all have the same texture of hair…chit is cray…

Oh and :waves: atchu!

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Fayla says:

#deepseatedissues

It’s like we’ve suddenly realized how whites feel about us wearing weaves trying to look like them. I’ve been saying we look crazy for years. :lol:

• KDub

I have a GOOD childhood friend who is half Italian and half Irish. ANYWHO her hair is the red version of kinda like when Mariah came out with the ahh “curls” only frizzier…even her Italian momma has called it kinky. She used to sit and blow dry that hair each and every other day for an hour and a half with all kinds of goop to make it straight when we were in 7-12 grade. And as far as I know she still does. I done sat and watched her do it many a day. Heffa made us miss the bus many times waiting on her to do it…all of this to say…who the fugg gonna tell her she not showing her Italian and Irish roots by what she does with that mane of hers? Somebody please walk up to her and tell her so I can watch her molly whop the snot out of somebody.

change says:

Babe don’t come up in my house w/ no weave

_______________________________________

:rofl: Black people come in 52 different shades. I get a relaxer maybe four times a year if that, haven’t had one since 1 October. We’re supposed to have Lavar Burton lips, hair and eyes, with a James Evans nose, ain’t shyt supposed to be pretty about black women, speshally a dark one. According to them…

• The Makeup Maven

Babe – I :cosign: 100% AND NOT JUST BECAUSE YOU’RE MY BABE!

BTW – you don’ all rett told me to Nixay the weavay! :lol:

:zzz:

• http://www.landofpure.net Fayla aka IWhipIt..WhipItRealGood:)

FeFe says:

:cosign: :coffee:

• The Makeup Maven

<— HAVE A DECENT GRADE OF HAIR BUT I STILL RELAX MY HAIR EVER 6 TO 10 WEEKS. :coffee:

• http://www.twitter.com/cocoabana Cocoabana

change says:

——

I feel your pain…

• iAmChan

I know a chick that has a motto, “if it aint weave, it aint right” I just look at her stupid though.

My sister swears by her 27 piece quick weave too, I don’t even remember the last time I saw her real hair, let alone a pony tail!

• KDub

We’re supposed to have Lavar Burton lips, hair and eyes
    —————————————–
    KUNTA! :whip: <<< my name ill TOBY

@ Kdub :rofl:

• change

@ formerly :rofl:

My mom had to warn my bro’s and sisters to stop callin me the mailman baby…and PLEASE don’t call me white I don’t even like the jokes. I get offended. I personally take it as an offense like I have to be mixed w/ something because my hair wavy :wtf:
    perms do the opposite to my hair it makes it even curlier.
    #pigmentchallenged

@sandra
    So are white people trying to be black w/ the lip shots, booty shots and the tanning???

People just be yourself. Dress how you want, be who you want. If a difference only if you are putting down one race over another

• http://www.landofpure.net Fayla aka IWhipIt..WhipItRealGood:)

what Change & KDub said :coffee:

Auntie i think we only look crazy when it’s an outrageous wig/weave that has no possible way of looking real.

i won’t mention names. i’m sure u know who i’m tambout tho :coffee:

KDUB – LEEE ME ALONE! :rofl:

• KDub

——————————————
    It was missing Terry McMillian having any self esteem. It was released the week before she went on Oprah and admitted she had inklings about that butt pirate she had married and she was :hump: him during the writing of it.

• £ the commenter formally known as Hershey

<<< natural hair too lazy to flat iron a few weeks back, I still will work the heyull out of a weave, cause I like change (no pun intended)

• gypsyeyes

:offtopic: There is no AB suit. I just told Snatchy Sassy that I can’t use a AB belt my phat azz needs an AB suit!

Baby!!!!

Why can’t I wear weaves??? :thinking:

• change

£ the commenter formally known as Hershey says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I see what you did there :rofl:

• NaijaGal

@Kdub when she admitted that she was still sleeping with him I was like :huh: I mean how did he get it up, did she pay him…so many questions

• The Makeup Maven

<—- FINALLY HAPPY HERSHEY PUT HER OWN PIC UP W/HER PURTI AZZ!

• gypsyeyes

Hey Hershey I like your purty face!

• £ the commenter formally known as Hershey

@ Gypsy I remember when I was a teenager my mother had a fat suit on, (plastic bag with zippers) she cut the yard, edged it, trimmed the bushes, for hours she was outside with this silver glad bag on…then we heard a hard thud against the window, moms face was smashed up against drooling…she had dayum heat stroke tryna be skinny :rofl: I can laugh now but then I was :crying: so when you said Ab suit I thought about moms laid the fugg out in the grass body set on broil and shyt :rofl:

• KDub

That bish who said that ish about the spreadsheet was just mad cause she looked at me like she had NEVER seen me in LIFE that whole week! Left here on Friday with cornrows…came back on Monday with Big Ben…and went to the BSS and caught a cute wig on sale on Wed and wore my new-NEW hair to work on Thursday..in numma 4. Saw this bish in the kitchen the next morning and she was like “3 hairdo’s in a WEEK…etc etc” all loud. She stopped speaking to me after I put that spreadsheet in her mailbox. IDGAF.

• £ the commenter formally known as Hershey

@ KDub whatchu talmbout? what spreadsheet? :popcorn: I love KDub’s e-documentaries, have me :rofl:

• iAmChan

@ Hershey

Purdy pic

Aww thanks Tatted and Gypsy :heart:

Thanks Chan

@HERSHEY

You shole is purty. :thumbsup:

• The Makeup Maven

@ Hershey – You alrett know yo azz pretty. I told you that a long while ago!

• £ the commenter formally known as Hershey

@ Yso, :blink: Thank…..you….

presses CTRL and PRINT SCREEN I gosta save this cause my eyes might be lying to my brain :lol:

In my Celie voice, Tatted you’s the only somebody who eva loveded me, yes you is, a long time ago you told me I was purtee, shole did :lol:

@HERSHEY

What I say? :lol:

• £ the commenter formally known as Hershey

@ Yso, don’t eben play chile I saveded it for my files juss in case you yell YOU SHOLE IS UGLY!!!

• http://twritingexperts.wordpress.com StillB3lieve

flsun99 says:

To me she always looked uncomfortable in those ugly wigs.

Viola looked stunning and I pray she keeps this look from now on.

Congrats! Nothing wrong with wearing your own natural hair. I know when i went natural, my confidence sky rocketed. And it’s so exciting to try new products and styles that compliment your hair.

• MzDetermined

What is going on with Viola’s skin.

@HERSHEY

I would never. :nono:

• http://twritingexperts.wordpress.com StillB3lieve

KDub says:

We’re supposed to have Lavar Burton lips, hair and eyes
    —————————————–
    KUNTA! :whip: <<< my name ill TOBY

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llFZT6CTXz8 datsmdubya2u

candibfly says:

i’m really tired of the ‘u wear weave so ur not embracing ur blackness’ talk

_____________________________

well I ask exactly what are you embracing when we wear an Indian womans hair she donated at a temple for religious purposes? (Talk about bad Karma)…what are we embracing when we wear a Malaysian woman’s hair she sold it to make ends meet? What are we embracing when we wear cattle hair (YAK)on our heads? What are we embracing when we wear hair that young girls were forced to cut off so it can be sold? What are we embracing when we wear synthetic hair made our of chemicals or made under conditions we know nothing about (WEAVE RASH HELLO!) What are we embracing when we give your hard earned dollars to overseas Asian exporters of hair who have told black business men and women who want to import hair point blank that they don’t do business with blacks? Thus cutting black people out of a majorly lucrative section of a 9 billion dollar industry…I know people say Im switching it up or doing me, but if it’s not that serious and we know all of this is going on to get the hair we buy. Why do we support it. The reason its a significant number of black women don’t feel comfortable with their hair. The terms “bad hair” “nappy” etc..are still being thrown around too much to say we are comfortable with hair the way it grows out of our heads. And we spend too much money on it in proportion to our incomes to say it’s just fashion or a trend. No it’s psychological. Don’t tell me about white women doing it either…They have always participated in facades and the exploitation of others to get what they want for the most frivolous reasons. Doesn’t mean black people should do the same? So Im ready for the backlash because this I strongly believe.

• anw_rootbeer

She looks GREAT!!! love it & if my self esteem was high I might wear my natural curly locks (sandra rose voice)

• vero

Beautiful

• Daisy

I liked Getting to Happy so did everybody else I know who read it :shrug: I liked everybodys storyline and updates.

• Blackswan

Viola looks gorgeous, that emerald green compliments her skin tone really well.

• tcw684

she looks Gorg!!! and auntie…i’m surprised you didn’t say “Viola Davis must read my blog because I posted this a few weeks ago with regard to her magazine spread and said she should wear her natural hair more often.” lol

anywho….girl is werkin it!!!

• http://thechoklitfactory.com ChokLitFactory

She looks beautiful!
    Wendy Williams was showing major SHADE last night on her show when a white stylist commented how beautiful Viola looked with her own hair. You know Wendy hasn’t seen her real hair in the last 3 years since she made it to the “Big” time. :rolleyes: