Queen Latifah Comes Out of the Closet (Finally)

Gheys and lesbians are celebrating the biggest news since the passage of the gay marriage law in New York in 2011.

Hollywood’s most well-known lesbian, Queen Latifah, has finally come out of the closet. The rapper-turned-actress made the transition quietly, in a press release announcing her commitment to headline this year’s annual Long Beach Lesbian & Gay Pride Festival.

It is the first time that Latifah, real name Dana Owens, has ever participated in a Gay Pride celebration.

Sandrarose.com was the first to break the scoop that Latifah, 42, and her longtime lover Jeanette Jenkins had split up in 2011 (thanks to my west coast connect for the tip!).

That’s when Latifah began dating a choreographer, who some say helped break up her relationship with Jenkins.

My scoop resulted in Latifah yanking advertising for her television projects, including the popular hit reality series “Single Ladies,” from Sandrarose.com.

From VIBE

Long Beach Co-President Pat Crosby stated, “From hip to R&B, pop to standards, Queen Latifah is the voice of our generation, and her concert here will be phenomenal, for her to make her worldwide Pride debut here in Long Beach is a tremendous testament to the popularity of our celebration and to the strength of our community.”

The festival takes place Saturday, May, 19 and with Latifah on board, is sure to be a bang.

121 Responses to “Queen Latifah Comes Out of the Closet (Finally)”

oh my. didnt know she pulled her ads Auntie :coffee:

Hollywood’s most well-known lesbian, Queen Latifah *pretend I struck that out & it says Ellen Degeneres* :coffee:

I thought she did this already :tea:

Iheart says:

I have never understood why gay celebs are forced to come out :shrugs:

Ya’ll know how I feel about me same KANG! :love:

CD FENTY says:

************************************
    People kill me saying someone finally came out the closet. Who does she owe an explanation to. Ion run around telling errbody I love big black dyck (outside of my wife’s lovely cake) so why does she have to scream from the mountain tops that she loves “gina” << what my baby calls it :coffee:

:rolleyes:

YSoSrs says:

:shrugs:

If you’re not gonna be fcking her why would you really care?

Iheart says:

CD FENTY says:

************************************

:cosign:

Iheart says:

TATTED MARIE CHANGE (IN HONOR OF YOUR BEW N CHIT) WHY IN THEEE FUGG IS YOU IGGIN ME TODAY :cuss: I DONE SPOKE TO YOU IN 3,NO 4 POST AND YOU STILL HAVE YET TO AKNOWLEDGE MY PRES-AWNCE :shotsfired: WHAT GIVES WOMAN :waiting:

:applause: Good for Dana

I always thought Maxine Shaw, attorney at law, might have been a lesbun on the side :think:

:whistle:

She ain’t got to tell me she want it
    She know I notice she with it
    She moan and grown when I get it
    She tell me lick it I did it
    Sexy thing enough to make a **** go crazy man do crazy things
    Then we get topping and touching we get to licking and sticking
    Now you know we be doing with your granny be listening
    Got the perfect positions we be popping now listen
    Too much pleasure to measure she got the power to beat beat
    Make her run and get Major Wayne
    Check pop make a *** fade away
    I mean where you way
    I been on that other leash that itch be K hard break freak she

I beat the p*ssy up up up up up up
    I beat the p*ssy up up up up up up
    I beat the p*ssy up up up up up up
    I beat the p*ssy up up up up up up
    I beat the p*ssy up up up up up up

:danban: :danban1: :dance: :buttshake:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RACHETTTTTTTTTTT! :no: <~~~~ SMH

ummm, this still isn’t OFFICIAL…. :shrugs:

Even though we all know the deal… :coffee:

:whistle:

UHH (Ross Grunt) “Got on my suede shoes, i’m in a good mood”
    UHH (Ross Grunt)

Bibi says:

Iheart says:

I have never understood why gay celebs are forced to come out

______________________________________________________________________
    Exactly….. as if they owe it to the public to let em know who they will or wont boink

KyCakes says:

Cleo: :blink: There’s gonna be a cow in there?

Stony: :eyeroll: Stop smoking weed

Daisy says:

*throws rainbows and skittles*

She is def about that life but I love her all the same :yes:

@ Iheart – :rofl: & :hug:

I didn’t igg you ma, I spoke back on the post when you INITIALLY CHECKED A BYTCH….trust, you NEVER get’s ignored by the KID! And did you name me Tatted Marie Change??? :ghost:

CD FENTY says:

Be careful Sandra Beyonce Rose, Latifah looks like she has no problem jumping over a few McDonald counters and swinging some steel rods if u get my drift. Tread lightly boo :coffee:

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

TELL ME BABY GIRL CUZ I NEED TO KNOW I NEED TO KNOW I NEED TO KNOW TELL LME BABY GIRL CUZ I NEED TO KNOW IF ITS TRUE DONT LEAVE ME ALL ALONE RIGHT HERE WONDERING IF U EVER GOING TO TAKE ME THERE :whistle:

Unsub....shytowne says:

watch yo’self

Daisy says:

*throws rainbows and skittles*

She is def about that life but I love her all the same
    _________________________________

:yawn: <~~~~~ opening wide to catch a few :yes:

Ni ni says:

@iheart its the gay advocate extremists that want to force celebs out with hopes that they will become a new voice for their agenda. The rest of us dont really give a dayum.

why does that pic of her remind me of Ice Cube in the promo pic for Boyz in the Hood…. :coffee:

CD FENTY says:

—————-

brownskin A.K.A Creamy says:

Humans :coffee:

Mother Jeff :rofl: on the side tho? :rofl:

we all know the dealio with Mz Owens. whether she actually says the words or not. if u love her, u love her (like me) if u dont, i’m sure it doesnt make or break her day. & if it changes how u feel about her knowing that then something is wrong with YEW :coffee:

#TeamDana :cheer:

Sis!! :cheer:

@ Fe…Cause Doughboy and Cleo was basically the same nicca. :coffee:

@ SIS – ARE WE GETTIN’ FADED FOR CINCO DE MAYO??? :drink:

NaijaGal says:

Morning snitches
    TATTED, CD (the e-love of my life), KyCakes (cake, cake, cake, cake, cake), Bibi, Daisy (the most optimistic blogger), French Kisses, FeFe(the cat’s meow), iheart, Mother J, YSO (I missed-ed you so), LAKES (shots, shots, shots), FAYLA (sweetest voice I’ve ever know)
    :hug: :wave: :hug:

2know the ledge says:

hell i thought the kang came out a long time ago. Really who cares. All hail the Kang regardless.

What’s poppin Sr?

Hello friends $ fonts! :hi:

CD FENTY says:

:hi: OTB

:shocked: No Beyonce gravi :lol:

:waves: @OTB

@Dimpz

:dead: they got that same, “whut nicca!” look on they face! :rofl:

boistop says:

Good morntings
    *singing*
    He looks at the closet (closet)
    I pull out my berretta (berretta)
    He walks up to the closet (closet)
    He’s close up to the closet (closet)
    Now he’s at the closet (closet)
    Now he’s opening the closet (closet, closet, closet)

:waves: @creamy @dimpz @otb

:hugs: @Naija

@OTB

Frida scares me…. :(

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

SIS :yes: GOING TO THE CLUB TO DANCE :danban: I DONT BOOTAY SHAKE I DO MERENGUE SALSA OH AND BACHATA IS MY FAV :yes: SO ON THE WAY THERE WE ARE GETTING IT ESSTARDED **PATRON BOTTLE AND LIMES**

I am headlining the Stanley Steamer carpet tour… does that mean I am out the closet? I also bought sum pussies from the humane society just to be safe.

Ty says:

Thats because u posted pics of her and old boo dressed alike. Wasnt it Monifah :think: Good shyt though Im finally starting to put the pieces together from the book Downlow in Hip Hop. Keep positing Auntie :yes:

NaijaGal says:

OTB, MzDimp :hug:

@OTB is that Madonna ‘I gots me an English accent overnight’ Louise Ciccone in your gravi???

Heeey Naija, Shaun, Knowledge & Boistop :hug:

WUT-IZ-SWAGU says:

:shocked: What? Queen Latifah’s Gay?
    *Clutches pearls. I never knew… <<<—- for those who don't know, this is what sarcasm fonts like

@Naija :waves: where do you live?

MissHarlem says:

:love: my future wife cant nobody tell me about the Kang

Iheart says:

@ Iheart – &

I just had to make sure cause I just couldnt take you not loving me no more :hugs:

And I sure did name you TATTED MARIE CHANGE :grill:

OTB :hug:

CD FENTY says:

:dead: i hatechu!

Min Min Sheen (The artist formally kwn as Dawn Sheen) says:

_________

:D

boistop says:

Good morntings
    *singing*
    He looks at the closet (closet)
    I pull out my berretta (berretta)
    He walks up to the closet (closet)
    He’s close up to the closet (closet)
    Now he’s at the closet (closet)
    Now he’s opening the closet (closet, closet, closet)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    YOU’RE OFFICIALLY ON MY “DON’T EVAH SPEAK TO AGAIN, LIST!” :rofl:

YSoSrs says:

SIS!! :cheer:

:waves: cautiously @UNSUB

Who finna get cut up and buried across five states? :think:

I Go There says:

Boy I tell ya
    people are soo damn strange these days.

MissHarlem says:

For those that came late for my roll call :rolleyes:

NAIJA, OTB, CREAMY, WUT, DAWN, 2KNOW & BOI :waves:

Iheart says:

@ Iheart – &

I just had to make sure cause I just couldnt take you not loving me no more :hug:

And I sure did name you TATTED MARIE CHANGE :grill:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    GIRL, NEVAH NOT EVAH IN THIS LIFETIME! :nono:
    But Tatted Marie Change….BESTILLMYHEART! :love:

Fayla aka IWhipIt..WhipItRealGood:) says:

Mother Jeff on the side tho?
    —————-
    Yep, why else would Khadijah let Max stay up over there all the time and eat all them groceries? :shrugs: Max had them skills :lick:

CD FENTY says:

Boistop

Ms.Fashion says:

DID SHE COME OUT THE CLOSET TO TELL THE DRESSER THIS????

CAUSE EVERYBODY HUMAN KNEW THIS ALREADY. :coffee:

YSoSrs says:

NAIJA!! :hugs:

Jamillah says:

Good for her! She has finally liberated herself and is no longer a slave to “celebrity.” Hope the homosexual men in hollywood follow her lead.

MissHarlem says:

Say something reckless about my future wife and I will def :chase: you this has been your :warning:

gypsyeyes says:

I love love Queen Latifah, she can do no wrong in my eyes. I don’t care if she ate the box in front of people. I don’t have to know that she is gay.

@ Shaun…If you don’t take that damned gravi somewhere and was the SHYT out of it! :cuss:

Why @Fe :lol: :( I :heart: Frida. And dont you say her ibraws :hahaha:

YSoSrs says:

@YGO

Sup. :coffee:

Ms.Fashion says:

DID SHE COME OUT THE CLOSET TO TELL THE DRESSER THIS????

CAUSE EVERYBODY HUMAN KNEW THIS ALREADY.
    ———–
    unless I see her eating the mow mix ion belive nobody ghey I mean I’d have to see Shemar Moore sucking the young and the restless before I jump on the wagon

MissHarlem says:

Oh hello there chap (IGO) :coffee:

The Makeup Maven says:

@ SIS – All shyt. Can we do the Lambada too??? *stomps foot down and snakes body up real slow ala Johnny from Dirty Dancing* :2dance:

*starts mariachi trumpets*

Knowledge! :buttshake: heyyyy yew!

O T Bizzle! :yahoo: what we doin this weekend?

NAIJA :2dance: <—core training so i can get on UR level

Where in the press release did she come out? Let me get my readers because lots of celebs host gay pride events and they aren’t gay. Ok, I’m done! :coffee:

@OTB

That’s why though… :shrugs: and that word should be SINGULAR! :lol:

gypsyeyes says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    :yes:

Good Morning to EVERYBODY I missed earlier. :hug: :kiss:

@ Shaun…. Was= wax

Bibi says:

:waves: @ Najia

@ Laker

Did u say bachata???? :thinking: Do u like Aventura? El Mayimbe?? Quien quien :lol:

WUT-IZ-SWAGU says:

I Go There says:

Boy I tell ya
    people are soo damn strange these days.

———————-
    What has happened now?

Unsub....shytowne says:

YSO
    Feline :wave:

Yall better leave Frida alone!!! Its May the 4th be with you. *finger snaps* Cinco de mayo tomorrow and Frida was a lesbun!!!

*smooths Frida’s ibraws with spit*

Perfect post to party!!! :party:

I Go There says:

ISO

Whats up

Hey Harlem

how you today Maam

Naija-

U see how Lakes dumped us?

Mother Jefferson says:

Fayla aka IWhipIt..WhipItRealGood:) says:

Mother Jeff on the side tho?
    —————-

:dead: so y sayin she had to earn her keep eh? :lol:
    Granni clampit finna HATE me today. i have done the math & decided i’m only doing 27 mins of work today :coffee:

Iheart says:

Sup Igo :coffee:

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

OTB SEE UR GRAVI IS WHY BISHES ESSTARDED JUST SHAVING THEY SHAIT AWWF AND SHARPIE GOT ESSTRA BIZZNAZ!! :rofl:

Lakes Mija! :hug: :cool: :koolaid:

WUT-IZ-SWAGU says:

@ UnSub… :hi: and the gravi… :think: is that where you take your victims? Just want to know where to send the Criminal Minds team to investigate…

MissHarlem says:

*GASP* did I miss MZ?!!! Ohhh nooooo :hug: heeyyyyyy

YSoSrs says:

DIMPZ!! :hugs:

Why do people question “forcing people out of the closet?” :think:
    I mean, don’t we intrude on every celebrities life in every single way? From their last contract to their children to who they fluckin to their relationships with siblings, so on and so forth. Why would this be any different?

Just like people “don’t care” that such and such is cheating on such and such… but tabloids sell by the millions every single year. :shrug:

Yeah, people care. Get over it or don’t be a celebrity. Seems simple to me.

Queen Latifah is gay, we all know it, I think she enjoys the speculation at this point and that it contributes to her career. I aint mad at her. I think she’s a real good actress and I enjoy most of the movies she’s been in.

:hahaha: Frida dont see that shade. Her chit is like a visor. :lol:

Yall dead wrong :( LOL

Is her hair not cute?!? Its a mohawk woven with flowers?!?! :(

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

BIBI I LOOOOOOOOOOVE AVENTURA..WELL ROMEO NOW SINCE THEY NOT TOGETHER NO MORE I ALSO LIKE MONCHI &ALEJANDRA EXTREME… DON OMAR I CAN LISTEN TO ALL DAY :yes:
    LASHELL :wail: I SAID I WAS SAWWY DANG!!
    NAIJA :hug:

WUT-IZ-SWAGU says:

:dead:

:newpost: is up on the Bosh’s.

YSoSrs says:

@LAKER

Why was I watching Arthur on PBS Kids yesterday and the Tibble twins was talking “essploding” and I thought of your ass? :hahaha:

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

OTB I SEE U REPN UR TORTILLA SIDE :koolaid: I GOT MY HAIR DONE LIKE THAT TWO YEARS AGO :yes: I HAD RED ROSES IN MINE THO

YSO….WHERE THE HELL YOU BEEN?! :wail:

Harlem! :danban1: *Harlem Shake*

YSO :rofl: CUZ I EESSPECHUL TO U :hug:

I Go There says:

Hey Iheart whats up

Hey Fay… How are you

Ms.Fashion says:

The Makeup Maven says:

Whewww Chile Johnny had the yt dudes looking estra good to me after that movie.

TATTED MARIE CHANGE <—— You betta do what it do!!!! :yes:

#ISEEU

@Fay tell Granny Clampit we said hey! :hi: :rofl:

MissHarlem says:

IGO nothing much this weekend is naked and pick your vice weekend. What about you? :coffee:

Bibi says:

@Laker

:thumbsup:

Ive had Mexican in me. *cabbage patch* :danban: And I got a Mexican tío, Jose. :yes: ctfu

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

SIS SO I BEEN THINKING OF ADDING ANOTHER ROSE THE ONE ON MY BACK BUT A WHITE ONE… I WANT THE ONE I HAVE TO BE SHADED IN DARK RED.. U THINK THAT LOOK GOOD :think:

CD FENTY says:

Man says:

Why do people question “forcing people out of the closet?”

Yeah, people care. Get over it or don’t be a celebrity. Seems simple to me.

***************************************
    :yawn: :zzz:

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

FULANITO :whistle: NOW THAT IS SOME DANCING MUSIK NO MATTER IF U KNOW WHAT THEY SAYING :danban:

Ms.Fashion says:

The Makeup Maven says:

Whewww Chile Johnny had the yt dudes looking estra good to me after that movie.

TATTED MARIE CHANGE <—— You betta do what it do!!!! :yes:

#ISEEU
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    GIRL, Johnny had me in love. I was all of 11 or so when that movie came out. :lol:

TATTED MARIE CHANGE – That's courtesty of Iheart's crazy azz! :lol:

Ms.Fashion says:

Min Min Sheen (The artist formally kwn as Dawn Sheen) says:

Ms.Fashion says:

DID SHE COME OUT THE CLOSET TO TELL THE DRESSER THIS????

CAUSE EVERYBODY HUMAN KNEW THIS ALREADY.
    ———–

Okay but…

If it look like a duck and quack like a duck and that duck ain’t quacking on no dyck then that duck is quacking on that twat.

CD :lol: That gravi. You make me sick. I just had to tell you. :lol:

The Makeup Maven says:

@ SIS – Yeah, that sounds purtii – but I would rethank the White. That don’t really show up to well……Maybe yellow or something! :thumbsup:

Bibi says:

@Laker

Yesss!!! I can act a fool to fulanito :danban1:

Unsub....shytowne says:

WUT
    what happend to the pic??

not victims…just one victim :coffee: and it by choice no criminal minds investigation needed :)

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

BIBI :yes: GIRL THAT GROUP OLD AZZ FAWK BUT ERRTIME I HEAR “TIIIIBURRON” SHAIT IM DANCING :danban:
    SIS BUT MY FAV ROSES ARE WHITE AND RED..MAYBE A PINK ONE..

@ SIS – YAAAAAS, a soft pank rose! That’s it right there! :yes:

SIS :2dance:

Hershey says:

Janet Jackson, Nicki Minaj, Lil’ Kim and the late Whitney Houston have all performed at gay pride functions in the past.

________________________________________

Didn’t think they were gay, but since the Kang is performing she’s clearly outing herself, if not Sandra shole put her azz in a headlock and drug her out the closet kicking and screaming :coffee: chile boo, if they pay me I’d perform at the Gay pride parade and I’m not gay :coffee:

free says:

there are far more beautiful pics of the kang to post….

rjk8 says:

I’m so glad young girls aren’t dressing the way king latifah use to dress anymore wearing timberlands, overalls and oversize sweats.

hell_on_heels says:

Though I am happy for her, this really is NOT “news worthy”. Anyone in the right (or not so right mind) should have known that the Queen was a lesbian. Good afternoon my SR family:-)

Lady_L says: