NYPD sergeant commits suicide on Long Island after fighting with her girlfriend

NYPD sergeant commits suicide The NY Post reports that a well-liked NYPD sergeant committed suicide after fighting with her girlfriend.

The Post quotes police sources who say Stephanie Moses shot herself to death in the bedroom of her Long Island home.

“On behalf of the New York City Police Department, I extend my deepest condolences to the family and friends of Sgt. Stephanie Moses who was, on so many occasions, the face of the NYPD on the national stage as well as routinely at police ceremonies,” said Police Commissioner Ray Kelly.

In May 2011, Moses was greeted by Barack Obama during a 9/11 Memorial ceremony.

Moses spent most of her career in the department’s Ceremonial Unit.

• Lesbian who was brutally beaten by girlfriend’s brother says beating was not a hate crime
  • Introducing: Lindsay Lohan’s New Lesbian Lover
  • Anderson Cooper’s boyfriend caught smooching another man
  • A new study reveals how to tell who is straight and who is gay

37 Responses to “NYPD sergeant commits suicide on Long Island after fighting with her girlfriend”

ION get this offing yourself thing :no:

How sad :( Boy wut kind of emotions

San says:

Sad these ppl just don’t know how to live

Geeeze my comment just posted with me hitting submit :wtf:
      Forget it!

That’s terrible. God rest her soul.

Preservation of self is usually a human trait but sometimes ppl’s traits are just fugged up.

RIP to her tho..finally some peace. Perm solution to a temp prollem tho.

Merry Jane says:

All over some puccee. hell naw….

Bad Influence says:

:no:

GAGIRL87 says:

Just sad :(

Merry Jane says:

Sandra
      well why dont you bring more awareness out. you have the platform to do so. :coffee:

___________________________

Maybe ppl comparing what you feel is natural to beastility (shoutout to SCOTUS Scalia) makes you feel some kind of way..

I guess folks ain’t scared of going to hell :shrug:

I mean we all sin, but we repent, and carry on. Killing yourself makes GOD mad IMB :tea:

OTB, fyi tidbit
      SCOTUS Sonia Sotomayor has a book coming out. :tea:

Merry Jane says:

DTTS
      its all about easing the pain and not wanting to feel it anymore. death is the only way out… most people who have suicidal thoughts have some type of mental issues. Ive learned this through my therapy…

I know. I esscited. Book club pick? :tea:

Scalia is on a book tour now. He is funny, as in humor (great deadpan-ner) but I’ll will be glad when he retires..

Breezy says:

Wow just crazy.. it could never be that serious for someone to want to end their life.. i get scared just thinking about dying.. but hey everybody is different so :shrug:

I LOVE ME SOME BREEZY

most people who have suicidal thoughts have some type of mental issues.

IONO if I agree with “most”, but I can see what you’re saying :yes: This is a good topic, but I wonder how accurate the numbers will be. Too bad she didn’t put any nerdy info up there or links etc.

No, not a book club pic. I just saw it this morning on the news :tea:

I’m gonna buy it :yes:

“During a recent match against Maria Sharapova, 22-year-old Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki decided to break out a hilarious impression of Serena Williams in which she stuffed the bust and butt of her uniform with towels to mimic Williams’ body shape.”

:blink:

mzwhang90210 says:

Sandra Rose says: There is a high rate of suicide in the gay/lesbian community. But they would rather worry about gay marriage.

_________________________
      I’ve also read that there is a high incidence of suicide AND domestic violence amongst law enforcement personnel.
      This is a tragedy. But …she just didn’t want to be here anymore.
      I wonder if she was being treated for depression?
      :pray: for her family

Bad Influence says:

book club :blink: did we start one? cause i wanted to :waiting:

Merry Jane says:

DTTS
      ok well maybe not most, but a lot….from the people in my therapy sessions that had tried to commit suicide about 99% of them had bipolar, PTSD, or clinial depression problems…

:blink:

Tragic! I saw this pic!

mzwhang90210 says:

@ :karate: Come grease my pooch’s scalp pls. Thanks!

@OTB . .
      I seen that Pic,I couldnt even bring myself to read the story.so that PINK FACE Blue Eyed devil did this during a match?!?!?

mzwhang90210 says:

:newpost: is up.
      Muppet…I mean Tamar Braxton.

Boygah, they didn’t send you the SR Book Club e-mails? :eek:

:newpost: ON TAMARs Pregnancy

Merry Jane says:

Speaking of books, whoever said on here that they read Child of God I hate you for making me purchase that book. I cant even finish it. It usually takes me no more than 3 days to read a book. I havent got through half…that book is evil and scary at the same damn time.

What hairdo does she have now :karate: ?

mzwhang90210 says:

:karate: Never mind..u took too long. WE are not amused!
      You’re fired!

Merry Jane says:

Sandra
      well why dont you bring more awareness out. you have the platform to do so.

I do bring attention to it. Every time the media gives saturation coverage to bullies and gay teen suicides, I gently point out that depression and suicide runs rampant in the gay community. You can’t blame the problems on bullying or lack of tolerance.

DoNotDeleteMe says:

As sad as this may seem, I am just grateful that she was not even more selfish by taking the life of her girlfriend. It is sad but it was her choice to prematurely end her life. :shrug:

iyonah says:

This is sad. Fact of the matter is suicide happens every day, permanent solution to a temporary problem. :pray: alot for the people who feel hopeless everyday and attempt, and even more for those who complete the action. Its heartbreaking truly.

DeevaC says:

Suicide rates are on the rise amongst black people, but instead of working on removing the social stigma that is associated with those who do seek psychiatric help black people are more concerned with oppressing gay people.

The reason suicide rates are high amongst gay people is because of the constant struggles we face. Family members say they love you unconditionally but in reality they love you conditionally. The condition is being gay. It’s especially hard for those who live in areas in which it is not safe to be themselves fully.

If you think you are gay as a result of a traumatic event I would suggest you seek therapy.

AllNYC says:

This is so sad. I recall seeing this sister on the news. I felt proud because it isn’t too often NYPD lets Black women be the face of anything positive. It was sign of respect that she was in the ceremonial corps.