Rapper Yaslin Bey Mos Def

Yaslin Bey, the rapper formerly known as Mos Def has canceled his upcoming North American tour after was barred from re-entering the United States from South Africa, where he moved after renouncing his U.S. citizenship.

According to Miss Info, the Brooklyn-born MC was scheduled to kick off his tour with a show in Boston last week, but immigration officials prevented him from boarding his flight in South Africa.

The United States is reportedly barring the rapper due to his political views which were highly critical of the Obama administration.

Rapper Yaslin Bey Mos Def

How ironic that Mos Def is being treated like a terrorist but Beyonce and Jay Z were allowed to fly to communist Cuba, despite the fact that Americans are barred from traveling directly from the U.S. to Cuba.

From Miss Info:

A statement from the music festival Together Boston reads:

We regret to inform you that due to immigration / legal issues Yasiin Bey is unable to enter back into the United States and his upcoming U.S. tour has been canceled, including May 15th, Together Boston’s show at The Wilbur Theatre. Individual ticket refunds for this show are available at point of sale.

Update: Miss Info says unpaid child support may be the reason Mos Def is barred from entering the U.S.

• President Obama Gallops to Beyonce’s Rescue?
  • U.S. State Department Did Not Approve Beyonce and Jay Z’s Cuba Trip
  • Congress Outraged by Beyonce and Jay Z’s Trip to Communist Cuba
  • Celebs Out & About: Beyonce and Jay in Cuba

131 Responses to “Rapper Mos Def is Banned from Entering the U.S. – But Didn’t Beyonce and Jay Z Fly to Communist Cuba?”

I was planning on leaving the country on vacation, but now I will cancel those plans. I might not be able to get back in. :coffee:

ButterflyKisses says:

I love Mos Def! :scared:

renoucing your citizenship and going on vacation are two different things.

:hi: Yaslin

West Coast Chick says:

User Friendly says:

renoucing your citizenship and going on vacation are two different things.

___________________________

lmao! you stole the words right out of my mouth. Like who says, I dont want to be American anymore, and then tries to come back and make money??? charlamagne tha god needs to make mos def “donkey of the day”

Two dif scenarios . . . :blink:

Matchsticks says:

this isn’t true… I read that he owes tons of back child support and is being prosecuted…

gbellab says:

My husband talks about renouncing our citizenship and moving to the Netherlands all the time… kidding Big Brother :tape:

Why would he renounce his American citizenship to move to South Africa? That is the whitest African country of all. He might as well have stayed here.

lisaROSE says:

who renounces their American Citizenship??!!! Good Riddance BUH BYE FELICIO!!!

and you can fly to cuba if you have a legimate reason like school, medical doctors ect. i think from miami too. i have a friend that goes from dominican republic though and they dont stamp his american passport.

Buttercup says:

I guess he didn’t think through the whole renouncing-his-citizenship thing, huh?

CocoKhaleesi says:

Banned from the U.S?

Where was he?!?! Oh South Africa???

I knew that
      :kona:

Slim logic. he’s just sooooooo deep that us mere mortals cant even keep up :rolleyes:

aint nobody stuttin Mos Bey. let him try renouncing his citizenship in another country and see what happens.

Beta says:

Welp pay yo CC

:tea:

well dayum! didn’t know he renounced his US citizenship..

Wasting time says:

This write up though

I just :kona:

missyJ says:

Also, if his last name is Bey he claims Moor. I don’t know the ins and outs but Moors technically renounce citizenship for their own sovereignty. My one friend talks about it but I tune out usually :lol:

Aprilbaby says:

It probably has something to do with all that back child support he owes. But they should let him work so he can pay some of that money.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

So you renounced your US citizenship and must owe a grip in Child Support, but you wanna come back and make money? Bye Sir.

if his fans really love him they will go see him. :tea:

probably couldnt sell enough tickets and made up this bogus ass story anyways. when all else fails, blame Obama and Beyonce.

:lol: true..

SOTHERNGRL says:

Yeah they did but they didnt leave the country and talk cash chit either. So I think there is mos def a differnce.

The Pearl! says:

@Bird, I thought South Africa was a rather odd choice, too. Given its particular history re apartheid

ButterflyKisses says:

I remember him in the Cosby Mysteries

says:

speakin of byke CS i really wish my doorter’s fahva would pay me dem 20 stacks he owe meh! :rollseyes: muhfugga! :chase:

SOTHERNGRL says:

@Luvvie I left you and @Man a message about the police wanting tattoo specialist to come in and look at Aaron Hernandez tattoos to see if they will help with more murders they think he may have committed. They think they may be clues.

26 mins & i’m OUT dis bish! :yahoo:

The Pearl! says:

OAN: putting the big-nose/big-dack theory into practice — ya’ll see that side of beef sittin up yonder on that boy’s head?? ^^^^^^^ I’m guessin’ he’s packin. :yes:

Wasting time says:

when all else fails, blame Obama and Beyonce.
      ===============
      :claps:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

———-
      They aint lock him up yet? Or snatch his tax return yet? Damn

I think his ex wife is white (or other) anyway so I really dont get his beef. honestly had thought he moved to canada tho. :shrugs:

there’s as reason they say 5%er logic is only understood by 5% of the population.

SOTHERNGRL says:

**********
      @Bird he says he felt like he was home. I’m paraphrasing but thats basically what in said in a nutshell. He had traveled other places but felt home there.

SOTHERNGRL says:

:hide: :scared: tell me WHY i had a dream this fool had escaped & was on the run. i saw him. he SEEN me see him, and was then afta ME?! :crying:

i RAN fo my life Jesus! :chase:

he had the crazy eyes in my dream :(

it was just this morninn lawd! :crying:

FuturedocDonte says:

—-
      Ion get it :blink: all them movies and he still aint got money to pay his Chile Suppo

™ says:

speakin of byke CS i really wish my doorter’s fahva would pay me dem 20 stacks he owe meh! muhfugga!

dont worry. Janet Reno will come to town and get your kids their money.

NY State done emptied a whole bank account and handed it over to me. one thing about the IRS, Student Loans, and Child Support—they will find you!

The Pearl! says:

:dead:

@Keya

:tea: hell NAW! :rollseyes: not that i want them too. i want my damn CASH. he was a very aint-chit donor i tell ya. :no: <—smh

it's a cycle tho. he got it honest. somebody gotta break it doe :shrug:

SOTHERNGRL says:

@FAyFAy yo azz was in danger girl even in your dreams this here mafugger is a damn psychopath they didnt get his azz a second to soon.

VDot says:

:eyeroll: Tell that nucca to go on tour in his new home -Johannsburg, Cape Town, Soweto,Durban and etc.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

hell NAW! not that i want them too. i want my damn CASH.
      ————
      What they need to do is snatch up his tax return or attach his paycheck. SO you can get the money directly. That’s crazy. 20 stacks though?

User Friendly says:

™ says:
      dont worry. Janet Reno will come to town and get your kids their money.

:dreamyeyes: fa WEAL?! ion thank it’s that serrus in TX doe. seems they have no fuggs to give. or maybe he aint in debt enough. iono. either way i need my damn coins :tea:

it’s some chit going on right now preventing me from pursuing it. but truss & balee it WILL be pursued in the near frutcha :yes:

TOTALLY forgot It was “urban Beach weekend” on South Beach.. they were reporting on it this morning, Who’s Merceds sprinter wrapped with his logo I see at 6AM..
      FloYd :smack:

At this point they goin try and pen all unsolved murders on Hernandez. Next thing you know, they goin say he was ont he grassy knowl in Dallas too.
      :facepalm:

SOTHERNGRL says:

Ion get it all them movies and he still aint got money to pay his Chile Suppo
      ***************
      This is how I feel about people being in the industry 50-11 damn years and getting foreclosed on their houses and chit. I’m like all the damn money you have made and where you lay yo head aint paid for.

VDot says:

big-nose/big-dack

_________

I wasn’t even aware of this theory, but d@mmit, this really may be the truth :yes:

So he owe money… and they won’t let him earn money to pay the money he owe? :huh:

…and you believe this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      SOTHERN I read that Story.
      Those Artist aren’t coming to identify anything… Hernandez having folks slayed behind bars
      :tea:

SOTHERNGRL says:

:hahaha: i agree! but uhm..u ever wonder if u have a dream about somebody u don’t know, if they’re having the dream WITH u??

Keya

:lol: u givin him to murch credit. i’m sure i’m not the onliest one he owe monies too. that bastid prolly aint filed CHIT. i memba he called me a couple years byke asking would i forgive his debt since our daughter is grown :hahaha: <—me on the phone

ion THANK so craig! :no:

i aint make her by myself & i will NEVA be that forgiving a-shiddd! boy :bye:

not sure about everywhere else but I do know this to be true in NY State.

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

:hahaha: :rofl:

lisaROSE says:

User Friendly says:if you owe back child support they do revoke your passport and any other state issued licenses.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Yup and If you apply for one and have fines, CS,Etc. they will NOT Issue You one either

The Pearl! says:

VDot says:

big-nose/big-dack
      _________
      I’ve done some research (emphasis on SOME) — ain’t fixin ta be thot of the week up in here…um, but TRUST, VDot! :yas:

VDot says:

big-nose/big-dack
      _________

:cosign: :yes: sup V? :hug:

Matchsticks says:

So keeping him from working is the best answer? They should’ve let him into the U.S. and then arrested him at the airport, like they do with every other deadbeat dad.

San ah make ya dance says:

—————
      :rofl: When the hell did Mos Def leave? I like him too :yes:

says:

:phew: prejudice pat has left the building! :bye: bish!

Just Looking says:

yeap, the roles my reverse and you may get a Take Care.

:kona:

Gigi26 says:

I have nothing for this pork eating, swine fukkin mooslim up top…ole hypocrite ass. You say eff your US citizenship eh? Well we say EFF YOU, stay where you at. Punk bytch :tea:

I’m not point fingers, but someone in here always has her mind on dack. :lol:

The Pearl! says:

VDot says:
      big-nose/big-dack
      _________

:rofl: :rofl:

so thin nose = thin duck huh? not that i’d know or anything :tea:

a thin duck is pathetic tho aint it? mine as well get fanga popped…

San ah make ya dance says:

:ghost:

Two Words and Ms. Phat Booty are still my songs tho :buttshake:

says:

I’m not point fingers, but someone in here always has her mind on dack.

:dead: :dead: :kona:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

I’m not point fingers, but someone in here always has her mind on dack
      ———————-
      :dead:

says:

what’s the name of that mos def song, some bout ‘light of the wurl’ yomi or some shat. that was the jam :pc:

@USER FRIENDLY
      “if you owe back child support they do revoke your passport and any other state issued licenses.

not sure about everywhere else but I do know this to be true in NY State.”

But like any criminal that is wanted, they will allow you to reenter when you are then arrested.

This has nothing to do with child support. The women could steal the money from him before he is paid from American record companies or movie companies. I’m sure their lawyers will have tried. :yes:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

OMG WHy can’t I see my gravi?! :mad:

:oops: it was umi, not yomi :dance2:

Wasting time says:

Matchsticks says:

————————
      But they can’t because he is no longer a citizen and then SA can cry foul and the UN will have to get involved and it’ll be a big ole thang. He can make his money outside of this country and send it to his BM. He is not the only father on CS who lives outside of the US. He thought he was getting over and got run over. Ain’t nobody but Young America Jews (like Rosenberg) and back packers looking to hear My Umi Says. You renounce your citizenship but need that country to survive :no:

^^^^^^^^^^^^
      This is inaccurate, but I think everyone already knows this :kona:

@Man

:rofl: u neva disapernt! i was waiting on ur ref to ‘thievin’ :rofl:

Just Looking says:

I agree with Sandra they should let him work/perform. Then garnish his proceeds.

This is very STUPID concept….

Uhhh oh SHOES are about to come off :facepalm:

SOTHERNGRL says:

I’m not point fingers, but someone in here always has her mind on dack.
      ***************
      Lady come on :rofl: :hahaha:

Matchsticks says:

Matchsticks says:

I’m not disputing that he definitely needs to work, but the circumstances behind him not being let in are more involved than just a simple you can’t come back here! :lol:

Doesn’t Talk To Strangers says:

This is inaccurate, but I think everyone already knows this

Please tell us which airline flies to Cuba from the U.S.

says:

DTTS! :cheer: homa mami! como estas?

hit me on tess, i’m out dis bish. yall have a safe long weekend mk?

:peace:

Just Looking says:

yeap, the roles my reverse and you may get a Take Care.

:kona:

:shocked: Oh NO! SR, leave your Passwords on the table, so we can run the blog MARVELOUSY and getchew byke in! :hahaha:

Man ain’t gonna know how to act! :kona:

Nakeya_J says:

OMG WHy can’t I see my gravi?! :mad:

Sometimes it takes half a day for their servers to update with your new info.

ION got the answers BUT I can tell you how to get there :tea:

zurishay says:

I think hes trying to do a Lauryn Hill and run from taxes. Now that hes no longer a citizen he can no longer just come and go. Go get a Green Card Mos Def- u traitor.

zurishay says:

Sandy, my gravi NEVER WORKED. And it shows when Im logged in but not on here.

Doesn’t Talk To Strangers says:

yeap, the roles my reverse and you may get a Take Care.
      :kona:

Man ain’t gonna know how to act! :kona:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

but he’s already gone and if the passport is no longer valid then no, he cant come back.

the “certain amount” is $1,100. NY doesnt let it get out of hand. again, I dont knw what other states do but trust and believe my kids get their money on time all the time. :grill: if that balance gets too high I be calling :cell: like hello, can I speak to shirley!

If you’re leaving early have a safe Memorial Day weekend! :wave:

VDot says:

I’m not point fingers, but someone in here always has her mind on dack
      ———————-

:dead: At ‘em or dap ‘em :coffee: :rofl:

:hug: FayFay

SR :warning:
      Blue World Travel <—Thee Best! Black Owned! Woman Owned! She been in business for over 20 yrs.

Her "Festival at Sea" is going to Cuba this November.Anybody that's ever been on one of these cruises KNOWS it's the shatt! :yes:

she aint say by boat, she said by airline :kona:

hell, you can get there by swimming too if thats the case.

San ah make ya dance says:

Matchsticks says:

hell, you can get there by swimming too if thats the case.

:rofl: :rofl:

:chase: Shettit Road Scholar she said this: despite the fact that Americans are barred from traveling directly from the U.S. to Cuba.

:pc:

Folks can keep thinking we can’t kick it in Cuba, if’n they want :rofl: :rofl:

It ain’t for everybody no ways *snickers* :kona:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

:rofl: I love you too, boo :kiss:

my stomach hurt from laughing :wail:

User :chase:

:rofl: I’m over here cracking UP myself because I just ‘got into it’ about traveling and this was like a replay (well less but still funny) :rofl:

:hug:
      AND :mad: yew can FORGET about going with me to Cuba :lol:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Yo but tell me why the time is going so damn slow at work today? ugh

What’s this Nasir got going on? :waiting:

VDot says:

:no: I had friends who went to Cuba with their college program and flew directly from the US.

The Pearl! says:

I’m not point fingers, but someone in here always has her mind on dack. :lol:
      :rofl: Who? :shame: Who? :hahaha:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Yo but tell me why the time is going so damn slow at work today? ugh
      ————–
      Ummm We got a Scholur :oldman: on here right now that can probably break down the mechanics of time right now :kona:

well at least brang me back something pretty. :hug:

I been to Key West plenty of times and thats close e-dam-nuff!

Keya this is my last day of work till June. the clock is being a hating ass hater :cuss: cuz Im ready to show out!

The Pearl! says:

:rofl: :rofl:
      so thin nose = thin duck huh? not that i’d know or anything :tea:
      a thin duck is pathetic tho aint it? mine as well get fanga popped…_______________

VDot says:

From Huffington Post:

Customs and Border Protection officials say charter flights to Cuba can now be scheduled from Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport and international airports in Baltimore, Dallas/Fort Worth, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Tampa, Atlanta and San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Previously, flights were only permitted from Los Angeles, Miami and New York.

Access to flights to the communist island nation will still be limited to people who meet certain travel requirements, including people from Cuba and those traveling for educational purposes or with religious groups

VDot says:

============
      ( :chickenhead: voice) SAY THAT SHATTT LOUDER V.

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

Ummm We got a Scholur on here right now that can probably break down the mechanics of time right now

:chase: you betta go to Cuba with that mess!

:cell: Hello? Immigration? yeah I got somebody for yall.

VDot says:
      That’s because no American airline flies directly to Cuba from the U.S. You must enter from another country.________________

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      right they have flights from the US that Are NOT advertised,if you have the proper paperwork\license you can board from U.S.A.

*ties my Passport to my byke* LEMME LONE! :cuss:

:rofl: And stop chasing meh! :hahaha:

@USER
      “This is to prevent you from LEAVING the U.S. and it has to be over a certain amount that is owed.

the “certain amount” is $1,100. NY doesnt let it get out of hand. again, I dont knw what other states do but trust and believe my kids get their money on time all the time. if that balance gets too high I be calling like hello, can I speak to shirley!
      ____________________________________

Passports ain’t got chit to do with someone they LOOKIN TO ARREST. You think if that Snowden dude tried to come in they wouldn’t let him enter and then immediately arrest him???

Dayum NY is low as phuck. $1,100? I’m sure a regular extortion/child support payment in New York is prolly $2,000 or more. :lol:

The Pearl! says:

BBL…going ta :pizza:

@SANDRA
      I’m not point fingers, but someone in here always has her mind on dack.
      I think that’s a lot of em tho Sandra.

They lonely. :cry:

smurfette Y u so damn silly :hahaha:

renegadesince1985 says:

He made a few comments in a magazine – he didn’t renounce his citizenship. To renounce your citizenship you actually have to go and sign an oath at a US Consulate. If it was child support they would allow him in and arrest him on site. There’s alot more at play here. :think:

@RENEGADE
      “He made a few comments in a magazine – he didn’t renounce his citizenship. To renounce your citizenship you actually have to go and sign an oath at a US Consulate. If it was child support they would allow him in and arrest him on site. There’s alot more at play here. ”

YUP! :yes:
      If “renouncing your citizenship” was done just on talk, a lot of yt folk woulda had to move out the U.S. after these last two elections.

:ha: :haha:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

They lonely

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

They lonely
      ——–
      Here we go :eyeroll:

renegadesince1985 says:

I think the whole story is made up due to low ticket sales but its still fun to entertain. He cool and all but if the ws the only one on the roster then yeah he minds well stay his ass over in the motherland and perform for oom-foo-foo and nem.

Charlie Sheen crack head azz done wrote a damn book pissed cause Rhianna didn’t have time to meet with his teabagger :facepalm: dude is a fawking idiot, with his privileged azz

:lol: thats not true man. you want us to start talking about hair again? :waiting:

missyJ says:

He made a few comments in a magazine – he didn’t renounce his citizenship.

==============

To legally change your last name to Bey, you have to adopt Moor-hood. There are taxes and a whole bunch of other stuff involved. He didn’t “renounce” it per se but being a Moor is “similar” but not really to Amish or Mennonite.

You and that shoe! My goodness! :dead:

:newpost:

To legally change your last name to Bey, you have to adopt Moor-hood.

:huh:
      States have different laws, and I’m not saying that you’re wrong, I’m saying that ION think you’re right :lol:

LuvLife, what EYE do now? :shrug: <–wasn't me face lol

missyJ says:

To legally change your last name to Bey, you have to adopt Moor-hood.

=================

It’s federal not state. Unfortunately, I have several Moor friends who talk all to much :lol:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

To legally change your last name to Bey, you have to adopt Moor-hood.

well then why dont you ess-plane the dynamics to us then rose scowler? :rolleyes:

she thank she so smarty arty

You can legally change the last name without being that religion/culCha :lol:

Savannah says:

Africa isn’t what Mos <—- of us think it is anymore…

LesBinLuv says:

Yasiin Bey is now banned because he has decided to hop on the Taliban wagon…its one thing to voice your opinions…but to say you see why they did Americans the way they did and that we should treat Muslim prisoners better in the American justice system…I think its better if Yasiin stays where he is…afterall thats how we ended up in this big mess anyway…letting any and everybody in…I say blow up the borders and if you’re here, you’re good…if not…sucks to be you!