Matthew Stockman/Getty Images

Tennis superstar Naomi Osaka withdrew from the French Open after she was fined $15,000 and threatened with disqualification for refusing to take part in a press conferences.

The 23-year-old tennis champ, who plays for Japan, was a no-show during her post-match press conference on Sunday, May 30, after defeating Romania's Patricia Maria Tig.

Chris Trotman/Getty Image

Tournament officials at Roland Garros threatened Naomi and warned her that higher fines and a possible suspension could be issued if she refused to speak to the press.

Osaka made headlines last week when she issued a statement saying she would skip post-match press conferences at the French Open, citing mental health concerns.

"I've often felt that people have no regard for athletes mental health and this rings very true whenever I see a press conference or partake in one.

"We're often sat there and asked questions that we've been asked multiple times before or asked questions that bring doubt into our minds and I'm just not going to subject myself to people that doubt me."

And in an email to French Open officials Naomi insisted her actions are "100 percent nothing against the French Open or even the press members themselves."

Quinn Rooney/Getty Images

In a statement posted on social media on Sunday, the world's No. 2 women's tennis player wrote:

"Hey everyone, this isn't a situation I ever imagined or intended when I posted a few days ago. I think now the best thing for the tournament, the other players and my well-being is that I withdraw so that everyone can get back to focusing on the tennis going on in Paris.

"I never wanted to be a distraction and I accept that my timing was not ideal and my message could have been clearer. More importantly I would never trivialize mental health or use the term lightly. The truth is that I have suffered long bouts of depression since the US Open in 2018 and I have had a really hard time coping with that."

Tournament bosses released a statement that read: "We have advised Naomi Osaka that should she continue to ignore her media obligations, she would be exposing herself to possible further code of conduct infringement consequences."

Officials said "repeat violations" could result in "tougher sanctions including default from the tournament and the trigger of a major offense investigation that could lead to more substantial fines and future Grand Slam suspensions."

Naomi was scheduled to play against Romania's Ana Bogdan during the French Open on Wednesday.

WENN.com

Jay Z's mother begged the rapper not to release his deeply personal track "Smile" off his thirteenth studio album 4:44 (2017), in which he talked about his mom's sexuality.

Gloria Carter was anxious about the song that detailed her coming out phase. Carter reportedly begged her son not to release the song -- even though her sexuality was no secret by then.

Carter eventually changed her mind and presented her son with a poem she wrote that he included on the record.

"It changed the dynamic of our relationship," he said during an appearance on The Shop: Uninterrupted.

"When she first heard that song she got super defensive... I was in L.A. and she flew out to L.A. and then she left and was like, 'No'. We talked through it. And then when she flew back to L.A. she had written a poem. She wrote that on the plane. It came with the American Airlines note pad... I was like, 'You got bars, ma!'"

During the barbershop-style chat with LeBron James and Bad Bunny, Jay Z revealed he still can't listen to his album 4:44 in its entirety because of its personal nature.

"It's a lot, but it had to be done," the rapper said of his last album.

"It was... an evolution of all the things that I'd been through... It was important to write... To be vulnerable in that space after you've done all this work... I had so many super gangsta rappers tell me, 'Thank you for that!' They would tell me on the side, 'You saved my relationship'."

Kevin Mazur/Getty Images

Gloria Carter and her date, Roxanne Wiltshire, posed for a photo at the Shawn Carter Foundation Gala on November 16, 2019.

Jay Z, real name Shawn Corey Carter, and his siblings were raised by their single mom in the Marcy housing project in Brooklyn's Bedford–Stuyvesant neighborhood.

His absentee father, Adnis Reeves, reunited with his children just before he died in 2003. That same year, Jay Z and his mother founded The Shawn Carter Foundation, which assists eligible students pay college tuition.

Photo may have been deleted

Michael Tullberg/Getty Images

Blair Underwood and Desiree DaCosta have split after 27 years of marriage, according to published reports.

The "L.A. Law" actor and his spouse, who tied the knot in 1994, announced they parted ways after almost three decades and will remain "the best of friends and co-parents" to daughter Brielle, 22, and sons Blake, 19, and Paris, 24.

Nikki Nelson/ WENN

The former couple shared the news on Instagram on Monday:

"After a tremendous amount of thought, prayer & work on ourselves individually & collectively, we have come to the conclusion to end our marriage that began 27 years ago. It has truly been a beautiful journey. Our proudest achievements are our three incredible children. Three souls to which God entrusted us. We continue to be awed & humbled by the blessings of parenting. We have always put their best interests first & will continue to do so. We will continue to be the best of friends and co-parents and have the utmost respect for one another as we embark upon this new chapter of our lives, separately.

"We thank you all for all your support throughout the years & we humbly ask for privacy & understanding during this new season of change. Blair & Desiree Underwood."

The "Quantico" star and Desiree have asked for privacy at this time.

Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images

Underwood, left, and DaCosta, 2nd from left, posed with former couple Niecy Nash, 2nd from right, and Jay Tucker at the World Premiere of Netflix's "When They See Us" at Lincoln Ristorante on May 20, 2019 in New York City.

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram, Getty Images

Madonna nearly broke the Internet when she shared an Instagram video of her son David Banda wearing a dress around their sprawling mansion on Sunday.

Madonna, 62, captioned the video, "Confidence is everything."

The 15-year-old modeled the ankle-length white designer dress, which featured black hand-painted letters by @mae_couture, as he sashayed from room-to-room.

The teenager said, "I low-key like wearing... like, it's so freeing, you know what I mean?"

Madonna's celebrity friends praised David enthusiastically in the comments section.

"Omg I Love him. Look out @naomi," wrote Debi Mazur, comparing the teen to the middle-aged supermodel.

Madonna is also mom to daughter Lourdes Leon, 24, son Rocco Ritchie, 20, daughter Mercy James, 15, and 8-year-old twins Stella and Estere whom she adopted from Malawi. Madonna adopted David from Malawi in 2006.

Adriana M. Barraza/WENN.com

In a previous interview, Madonna named David as her favorite child. She seemed to suggest that David loved playing in her closet and trying on his mom's feminine things.

"What he has more than anything is focus and determination," she told British Vogue in 2019.

"I'm pretty sure he got it from me. He's the one I have the most in common with. I feel like he gets me; he has more of my DNA than any of my children so far. Let's see what happens – it's still early days for everyone."

Rumor has it that David's brother, Rocco, moved to London to live with his father to get away from his mother's influence.

Mark Sagliocco/FilmMagic

When Rocco (pictured left) was 16, he took to Instagram to say that he is "so glad" he doesn't live with his mother anymore.

He made the comment after Madonna posted a video of herself, David, then-11, and Mercy, then-10, participating in a viral mannequin challenge.

"So glad I don't live there anymore," Rocco wrote.
 

Photo may have been deleted

YouTube

Kelly Price went IN on a concert promoter who went missing with her money hours before her concert was scheduled to start in Houston, Texas.

The 48-year-old Grammy Award-nominated R&B singer took to social media on Saturday to shame the promoter for not paying her or singer Lyfe Jennings when they arrived at sound check.

Kelly said the promoter showed up at her hotel and asked to pray with her, but she told him that wasn't going to happen.

Then the promoter explained to Kelly's fans that the show was canceled because Kelly's grandmother was ill. That really set Kelly off.

"Tonight's show was not canceled because my grandmother is deathly ill," the makeup-free Diva raged.

"Tonight's show was canceled because you're a bum and you can't pay your bills! How about that! How about tell the truth... You messed up when you put my grandmother's name in your mouth."

 

Photo may have been deleted

Joe Raedle/Getty Images

A criminal investigation is currently underway at a franchise Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen restaurant in Missouri where a racist sign was posted in the window.

The sign announced the restaurant was under new management and it reserves the "right to refuse service to white people."

"This restaurant is under new management and will reserve the right to refuse service to white people.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Signed, General Manager, Mason."

Local news reporter Russell Kinsaul took a photo of the sign and posted it on his Facebook page, where it spread quickly.

White customers are scarcely seen in Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen restaurants which primarily serve Black communities.

After the sign went viral, it was removed from the window and replaced with another sign that read: "Sorry For The Inconvenience. We’re Closed For The Day We Will Be Back Tomorrow."

Popeyes corporate office issued a statement that read:

"We have been made aware of the situation and are investigating the matter immediately. This type of behavior does not align with our brand values and we take such allegations very seriously. The franchise is cooperating with local authorities regarding this ongoing investigation."

According to Fox affiliate KTVI-TV in St. Louis, local police believe someone may have affixed the sign to the window "unbeknownst to the business".

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram/@ToniBraxton

Toni Braxton stunned fans when she debuted her amazing new body in a video posted on social media on Wednesday.

The soulful R&B singer, who sold over 60 million records, had the Internet buzzing on Wednesday.

In the video, Toni turns this way and that way while showing off her toned bod in a string bikini. Her blonde hair was shorn and shaven nearly bald.

The mother-of-two looks 10 years younger than her stated age of 53.

She captioned the video: "On set but ready for the long weekend."

Toni's appearance prompted followers to ask whether she was bleaching her skin.

One IG user wrote: "Oh my my Havent aged not one bit! Stunning but wait wait, did she bleach her skin [sic]."

A baffled Twitter user wrote: "Is it me but, Did Toni Braxton bleach her skin? She was never light skin right?"
 

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram/@falynnguobadia

A judge has evicted Simon Guobadia's estranged wife from his sprawling mansion to make room for Simon's fiancée, Porsha Williams.

A judge ordered Real Housewives of Atlanta cast member Falynn Guobadia to move out of the Atlanta area mansion per the terms of her prenuptial agreement.

Photo may have been deleted

YouTube

According to the agreement, obtained by PEOPLE, both Simon and Falynn (center) waived their rights to alimony.

The agreement stipulated that Simon will maintain ownership of their marital home, though Falynn was allowed to stay through May 28. Falynn, 31, and Simon, 56, were married for two years.

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram/@Pporsha4real

Falynn's RHOA storyline called for her to pretend to be besties with 39-year-old Porsha (pictured with Simon). Now sources say Falynn feels doubly betrayed, because Porsha was apparently sleeping with her husband behind her back -- and everyone knew it but her.

TMZ spoke to multiple sources who confirmed that Porsha and Falynn were never friends -- they literally met the day they filmed together on RHOA.

Producers allegedly told them to act as if they'd known each other for years.

Photo may have been deleted

YouTube

Patrisse Cullors, co-founder of Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, is stepping down amid allegations she misused donations.

BLMGNF announced Tuesday, May 27, that Cullors is stepping down from her role as the movement's executive director.

"With smart, experienced and committed people supporting the organization during this transition, I know that BLMGNF is in good hands," Cullors said in a statement. "The foundation's agenda remains the same — eradicate white supremacy and build life-affirming institutions."

Last month, Hawk Newsome, another BLM founder, called for an "independent" financial investigation into Cullors' spending after she made substantial real estate transactions with no apparent source of income.

Cullors owns a total of $3.2 million in real estate holdings.

Paras Griffin/Getty Images

Cullors bought a three-bedroom home in Topanga Canyon for $1.4 million. The home is located in an area with a Black population of just 1.8 percent.

The property is located about 20 miles from her childhood home in an "impoverished" area in Van Nuys, California.

Cullors purchased two other homes in Los Angeles, according to public records.

In 2017, she bought a house in Inglewood for $510,000. The property is now worth $800,000.

Cullors and her lesbian spouse Janaya Khan also purchased a home in Atlanta, Georgia for $415,000.

Cullors previously complained that the criticism surrounding her real estate portfolio was an example of "white supremacy".

Photo may have been deleted

Dallas County Jail, Daily Beast

The teenager suspected of abducting and killing 4-year-old Cash Gernon in Dallas, allegedly grabbed another child months earlier. But a grandfather's forgiveness allowed Darriynn Brown, 18, to escape punishment for that earlier crime.

According to the NY Post, Brown barged into a Dallas home and tried to kidnap a 3-year-old child in February. However, the child's grandfather declined to press charges.

The incident occurred on February 8, when Brown broke into a home and was caught by the homeowner who chased him with a kitchen knife.

Brown then returned to the man's home, kicked in the garage door and began punching the older man in the head -- before grabbing the homeowner's 2-year-old granddaughter as she slept, according to an arrest warrant affidavit obtained by KTVT.

The grandfather wrestled the crying toddler away from Brown who fled the home.

The grandfather told police he did not want to press charges at the time. He saw Brown weeks later at a Walmart and the teen apologized, the station reported.

Photo may have been deleted

Dallas County Jail, Dailymail.com

Three days after Cash Gernon was found dead on a Dallas street while wearing only pajama shorts, the older man met with child abuse detectives to say he wanted to press charges for the Feb. 8 incident, KTVT reports.

Brown remains in the Dallas County Jail on $1.6 million bail. He is charged with kidnapping, burglary, and injury to a child in the Cash Gernon case.

A capital murder charge is expected pending the results of forensic evidence.