More details have emerged about Barkevious Mingo's arrest for child-sexual contact in Texas last week.
The Atlanta Falcons released the linebacker from a one-year contract following his arrest on one count of child-sexual contact.
According to Texas officials, Mingo pulled at a teenage boy's underwear and tried to have sex with him at a hotel on July 4, 2019.
According to the Arlington Police Department, Mingo invited a teenage family member and his young friend to an amusement park over the Fourth of July weekend in 2019.
Mingo reportedly took the boys to a steakhouse and bought them clothes from a Nike store before taking them back to his hotel.
According to the warrant, "the victim was woken up by [Mingo] pulling at his underwear" later that night.
The victim said that he was "scared and pretended to be asleep" when Mingo allegedly became more "aggressive and pulled the victim's underwear down to his shins".
Mingo allegedly then tried to have anal intercourse with the teen.
Mingo, 30, was released from jail in Tarrant County, Texas, after posting $25,000 bond on Friday, July 9.
Mingo's lead attorney, Chris Lewis, said the allegation is a lie.
"The accusation against Mr. Mingo is a lie. Barkevious knows it - so does his accuser," Lewis said in a statement to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Lewis said his client will be "fully vindicated when the truth comes to light. When that happens, the true motivation of the accuser will be clear and unambiguous."
Mingo could serve as much as 20 years in prison if convicted.