Samir Hussein/Getty Image

The man featured as a naked baby on the cover of Nirvana's classic album titled Nevermind is suing the band for child sexual exploitation.

The members of Nirvana - Dave Grohl, Kurt Cobain and Krist Novoselic -- posed with drag queen RuPaul at the 1993 MTV Video Music Awards. Cobain committed suicide by gunshot in 1994 at age 27.

Spencer Elden claims he was exploited as a 4-month-old "sex worker" when he was photographed swimming underwater, chasing a twenty dollar bill.

In a lawsuit filed at the District Court in the Central District of California, Spencer claimed he has suffered "lifelong damages" as a result of the image being used on the cover.

He said his guardians never signed a release "authorizing the use of any images of Spencer or of his likeness, and certainly not of commercial child pornography depicting him".

Samir Hussein/Getty Image

Spencer's attorney, Robert Y. Lewis, claims the album cover is pornographic because the baby is chasing money — "like a sex worker."

Spencer is seeking $150,000 in damages from each individual and entity named in the lawsuit. A total of 17 defendants are named in the lawsuit ($2.5 million).

In addition to attorney fees, an injunction to prohibit all parties from "continuing to engage in the unlawful acts and practices described herein," and a trial by jury.

He named the members of Nirvana, the estate of the late Kurt Cobain, Cobain's ex-wife Courtney Love, photographer Kirk Weddle, and various record labels as defendants.

Spencer alleged that they "knowingly produced, possessed, and advertised commercial child pornography depicting Spencer, and they knowingly received value in exchange for doing so."

He added "the Defendants failed to take reasonable steps to protect Spencer and prevent his widespread sexual exploitation and image trafficking."

"Defendants used child pornography depicting Spencer as an essential element of a record promotion scheme commonly utilized in the music industry to get attention, wherein album covers posed children in a sexually provocative manner to gain notoriety, drive sales, and garner media attention, and critical reviews."

There is one hurdle standing in Spencer's way to convince a judge that he is a victim.

In 2013, then-22-year-old Spencer recreated the Nirvana Nevermind album cover for a magazine photo shoot. He is seen chasing a dollar in a swimming pool.

At the time, Spencer said he was proud of his notoriety as the baby on the cover of Nevermind. He said the money he received for the album cover helped pay his college expenses.

He also had the album name "Nevermind" tattooed on his chest.

The lawsuit comes after Elden gave an interview to GQ Australia back in 2016, when he admitted he was "p**sed off" about the artwork.

"Recently I've been thinking, 'What if it wasn't OK with my freaking penis being shown to everybody?' I didn't really have a choice," he said.
 

Prince Williams/ATLpics.net

Last year rapper Future's baby mama, Brittni Mealy, put him on blast for ruining his son's 8th birthday party by cursing out the boy.

Future also allegedly told the boy he was going to shoot his mother.

This week the 37-year-old autotune rapper took things a bit too far when he texted a vulgar message about Brittni to his son.

"HE TEXTS THIS TO A CHILD!" Brittni wrote in all caps on Instagram.

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram

She took a screen grab of the text message on her phone's lock screen that showed her son's photo and the date, August 10.

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram

Brittni further alleged that Future was mad because she stopped sleeping with him. But other sources say it's the other way around. They say Brittni is vindictive and bitter because Future has been spending all of his time with his current girlfriend, aspiring rapper Dess Dior.

It's a well-known fact that Brittni always made herself available to Future whenever he needed a booty call.

She wrote in all caps on Instagram:

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram

In a follow-up post, she wrote: "CHILD ABUSE."

As Brittni's meltdown caught the attention of bloggers, Future's mom weighed in and suggested her grandson's mother was an attention seeker with mental health issues.

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram

Future's mom struck a nerve with Brittni, who responded in a very disrespectful tone. She told Future's meddling mom to come and pick up Future's clothes.

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram

She added: "When my kids [turn] 40 I'm staying out they business [sic]."

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram

Future responded on Twitter by tweeting simply "Pray for Her."

Photo may have been deleted

Arlington PD, Facebook

A 23-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a missing 14-year-old girl who was found safe in Arlington, Texas.

On Wednesday, Atlanta Public Schools confirmed that Caitlin Winchester was found safe in Arlington, Texas.

"Atlanta Public Schools Police Department (APSPD) can confirm that Caitlin Winchester, the North Atlanta High School student who went missing on August 5, has been found safe in Arlington, TX. The family has been notified and has requested privacy at this time. APSPD continues to work with the FBI on the next steps in the investigation. No additional details on this case are available. APSPD thanks the community for the outpouring of support during the investigation."

Caitlin went missing after her first day at North Atlanta High School on August 5.

Andre McNair was taken into custody and charged with harboring a runaway child, which is a Class A misdemeanor in Texas.

McNair is currently being held in a Texas jail on a $5,000 bond.

According to Crime Stoppers, Insight Global offered a $100,000 reward for information on her whereabouts. Insight Global employs Caitlin's father, Roger Winchester.

Photo may have been deleted

Tallahassee PD

"Denzel Washington" is among nearly 200 defendants arrested in a human sex trafficking sting involving a single Florida girl.

Although Washington is not the legendary actor, it isn't clear if the defendant is related to Denzel.

The operation, called "Stolen Innocence," began in 2018 and wrapped on Tuesday with nearly 200 arrests, the NY Post reported.

The girl was 13 and 14 years old at the time of the assaults, but investigators believe she was younger than 13 when the assaults began.

Among the suspects are a high-profile Florida State University booster, a middle school physical education teacher, a lobbyist, and a former candidate for local office, according to the Tallahassee Democrat newspaper.

They were all charged with human trafficking of a minor, and 106 people were hit with felony charges. 18 are being charged federally, according to the Post.

Several women were also arrested and charged with arranging "play" dates with the girl in exchange for money, according to the Post.

Some of the defendants say their encounters with the girl occurred in a filthy apartment and various hotels and motels around Tallahassee.

They say the girl's mother wouldn't allow them to have sex with the child unless they brought her drugs and money.

It isn't clear if the girl’s mother was charged or was part of the sex trafficking ring.

The teen was rescued by the police department's Special Victims Unit. She is in the custody of the state and "on the road to recovery."
 

Mary Clavering/Getty Images

Popular TikTok user Zoe Laverne, 19, has apologized for kissing a 13-year-old boy named Connor. She insists she is not part of the left's campaign to normalize pedophilia on social media.

Fans grew concerned about the nature of close Zoe's relationship with Connor - also a TikTok personality - after she split from her ex, Cody Orlove.

Cody later insisted he left Zoe "because of her interactions with Connor," which, "got very intense and it's something I do not stand by what so ever. It's pedophilia."

Days later, a video of Zoe and Connor kissing surfaced online, prompting Zoe to release a video apology in which she says she, "didn't groom Connor, I wouldn't do that".

"He's a kid and I'm aware of that. It just happened," says Zoe. "We both were in a dark place when we first became friends and we both just ended up catching feelings for each other. And friends do that, they catch feelings for each other. That's not a bad thing."

According to London's DailyMail.com, Connor, who uses the TikTok handle @cxnnorjoyce, addressed the controversy in his own posts to social media, insisting Zoe "did not rape" him.
 

 

Photo may have been deleted

Netflix

A grand jury in Tyler County, Texas has indicted Netflix for "promotion of lewd visual material depicting a child" when it distributed the French film Cuties.

The controversial film sparked fierce backlash against streaming giant Netflix, with critics alleging it over-sexualizes children.

According to a press release, the District Attorney's Office claims that Netflix, by distributing Cuties, "knowingly promote[d] visual material that depicts the lewd exhibition of the genitals or pubic area of a clothed or partially clothed child, which appeals to the prurient interest in sex and has no serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value."

A spokesperson for Netflix told PEOPLE in a statement on Wednesday: "Cuties is a social commentary against the sexualization of young children. This charge is without merit and we stand by the film."

The film tells the story of an 11-year-old Senegalese girl in Paris who joins a "free-spirited dance clique" to escape family dysfunction.

Netflix previously apologized for a promo poster of the child stars posing in their dancing outfits. After the film premiered on Netflix on 9 September, the backlash continued as the hashtag "#CancelNetflix" was the top trending topic on Twitter in the U.S. the following day.

A petition on Change.org was also launched, calling on Netflix customers to cancel their subscriptions over the flick on the streaming service "that exploits children and creates a disturbing vibe".

"From cuties to Big Mouth to other movies mocking religions and exploiting children Netflix is no longer the family friendly streaming service I once believed it to be," reads a message on the campaign.

Photo may have been deleted

Spring Hill PD

An alleged pedophile secretly hid in an underage girl's closet for one month before he was discovered by the girl's parents.

Jonathan Rossmoine, 36, met the 15-year-old girl on social media and hid in a closet in her bedroom to avoid detection by her parents, according to Fox 13 News.

The girl reportedly told Rossmoine she was 18. When they met for the first time, the girl allegedly confessed that she was 18 years old. The suspect drove multiple times from his home in Louisiana to Florida to have sex with the girl in the family's Spring Hill home.

Rossmoine was discovered hiding in the girl's closet after her parents heard voices coming from the girl's bedroom.

He was arrested and charged with four counts of lewd and lascivious behavior, and one count of traveling across state lines to meet a minor for indecent purposes.

"He and the young lady came up with the idea that he could just stay in her room if he hid in the closet whenever the parents came in," Hernando County Sheriff's Office Detective Tom Cameron said.

"They kept the bedroom door closed and locked and whenever someone came to the door it gave them an opportunity to run and hide in the closet and open up the door to where maybe she was changing or something."

Authorities said Rossmoine admitted that he and the girl had sex a number of times in his van, which he had parked near her home, Crime Online reported.

Child experts advise parents to limit their child's access to smartphones and the internet.

"Kids can be doing things under our noses and in your house that you might not be aware of that could shock you," child psychologist Dr. Wendy Rice told Fox 13.

"Get the electronics out of the bedroom. That is key. None of us really need to be sleeping with our phones next to our beds and least of all teens."

Child advocacy groups are lobbying lawmakers to fine social media platforms that allow children to register accounts.

Photo may have been deleted

Jon Cherry/Getty Images

A 26-year-old man is behind bars after kidnapping an 11-year-old girl he met on Instagram.com. In text messages, Keith Green told the girl to pack her bags without her name or initials on them.

According to Crime Online, he told her they would have to "lay low" for six or seven years until she was of legal age.

He also told her he was "risking his life to be with her," according to the police report.

The arrest report said Green intended to tell people the girl was his niece and that he gained custody of her after her parents died.

The text messages were deleted before police could read them, but the girl's mother told police she viewed the messages.

Green used Instagram to groom the girl, and the warrant said deputies used a photo posted to the girl's Instagram account to identify him.

The girl has been returned to her mother, according to WEAR TV.

Green will be extradited back to Orange County. He faces charges of kidnapping, interference with custody, and luring or enticing a child.

About 58% 0f children under age 16 have their own social media accounts, according to a recent study.

Parental advocacy groups are lobbying lawmakers to fine social media outlets that allow children to register accounts. Measures that social media outlets can take to restrict children on social media includes a button that users can press to alert them that a child has an account.

Photo may have been deleted

Netflix

The FBI is asking parents in the Illinois area and beyond to check their sons's cell phones for evidence of communications with Netflix star Jerry Harris.

Harris, star of Netflix's cheerleading docuseries "Cheer," was arrested and charged with production of child p0rnography.

Photo may have been deleted

CBS 2

Harris, 21, admitted to soliciting child p0rn from at least 10 children. He also confessed to having sex with a 15-year-old boy at a cheerleading event last year.

None those victims have come forward or contacted law enforcement about their communications with Harris.

The FBI launched an investigation after the mother of 14-year-old twin boys found explicit text messages from Harris on their phones.

The FBI has opened a portal for victims or parents of victims to identify themselves by completing a questionnaire.

The responses are voluntary but some of the information may be used in the investigation. All identities of victims will be kept confidential.

Victims may be eligible for certain services, financial restitution and rights under federal and/or state law.

The FBI website lists usernames that Harris used on Snapchat (jerry_714) and Instagram (@__jcoleofficial) to seduce unsuspecting boys.

Photo may have been deleted

Getty Images

"Cheer" coach Monica Aldama broke her silence on the arrest of Jerry Harris on charges of child p0ornography. 21-year-old Harris was accused of sexually harassing twin boys, Charlie and Sam.

He was also sued for $1 million by the brothers who retained separate lawyers.

Harris was arrested this week and charged with one count of producing child pornography, according to Page Six.

He also admitted to receiving explicit photos and videos from at least 10-15 other minors, according to a complaint filed by the US Attorney’s Office in Chicago.

Aldama, who coached Harris on the Netflix cheerleading docuseries "Cheer," said, "My heart is shattered into a million pieces. I am devastated by this shocking, unexpected news."

She added, "Our children must be protected from abuse and exploitation, and I'm praying hard for the victims and everyone affected."

Aldama also asked that fans respect her privacy as her family "mourns during this heartbreaking time."

If convicted, Harris faces a minimum sentence of 15 years in prison and maximum of 30 years.