Wireimage, Getty Images
Boosie Badazz is planning to file a $20 million racial discrimination lawsuit against Mark Zuckerberg, co-founder and CEO of Facebook, which owns Instagram.
The "Wipe Me Down" rapper told Vlad TV that he believes he was banned from Instagram because of his skin color.
He claims the ban led to him losing lucrative business ventures - to the tune of $20 million. "You're f***ing up my income. I have to feed my kids."
Boosie was reportedly banned from the photo sharing app due to repeated violations of Instagram policies.
During his banishment Boosie made a plea to Mark "Zuckinberger" to reinstate his account. He even offered Zuckerberg $100,000 cash to reinstate his page.
Boosie told Vlad TV that he believes the unintentional mispronunciation of Zuckerberg's last name has led the Facebook chairman to hold a grudge against him.
Boosie said Zuckerberg's actions left him no choice but to file suit.
"(Zuckerberg) made some of my business ventures go down, so I'm suing him now. I'm filing a lawsuit against him now," he said. "He stopped me off Instagram and he didn't put me back on Instagram. And that's affecting my business.
Boosie registered another Instagram account -- @BoosienewIG -- but he said Instagram disabled his ability to go live on IG stories. "I can't go live on my new page at all. I can't go live!"
Boosie said other IG influencers have committed "way worser things" without repercussions or ramifications.
"This is my first time my Instagram ever been taken from me! So you can give other two million people their Instagram back for derogatory things they did and I didn't do nothing but post a girl with an emoji over her? This is discrimination! Something is wrong. Somebody must be mad because I said they name wrong and they trying to chastise me."
The U.S. Department of Justice (DoJ) is also suing Zuckerberg for discriminating against American IT workers by reserving over 2,600 high-paying jobs for foreign workers holding temporary H1B visas.
The Facebook jobs which offered an average salary of $156,000 were not available to qualified American IT workers.
Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
A federal judge rejected a Justice Department motion to dismiss a defamation lawsuit brought against President Donald Trump by a woman who accused him of rape decades ago.
The federal judge concluded that the president's denials and statements about the case were outside of his official duties.
Writer E. Jean Carroll wrote a book in 2019 claiming Trump raped her during an encounter at a New York department store in the 1990s.
After the publication of Carroll's book, Trump told reporters she made the story up. Carroll then sued Trump for defamation.
The DOJ filed a motion to dismiss the federal lawsuit, saying Trump's denial of the allegation was part of his official duties as president.
The DOJ said Trump was protected because of immunity extended for libel and slander cases under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
In a ruling on Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Lewis A. Kaplan rejected the DOJ's claim, writing that the president is not an employee of the government within the meaning of the FTCA, and that even if he were, his statements concerning Carroll were outside the scope of that employment.
Kaplan wrote that Trump's comments "concerned an alleged sexual assault that took place several decades before he took office, and the allegations have no relationship to the official business of the United States..."
SAUL LOEB/AFP via Getty Images
The Department of Justice has dropped all charges against President Trump's former national security adviser Michael Flynn.
The news sent shockwaves through Washington DC, a week after evidence released to Flynn's lawyers show FBI agents tried to trap Flynn into lying to them.
Flynn, a Democrat, had been director of the Defense Intelligence Agency under President Barack Obama but was terminated from his job.
David Hume Kennerly/Getty Images
He then joined Trump's presidential campaign helping to shape Trump's foreign policy and introducing Trump at his campaign rallies.
Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI in 2017. He also agreed to cooperate with Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia collusion probe that found no wrongdoing by Trump's administration.
In January 2020, Flynn filed documents to withdraw his guilty plea. His sentencing was "indefinitely postponed" until a later date.
The retired Army Lt. General was an important figure in Trump's administration. He served under Trump for only one month before he was accused of accepting money from foreign governments without approval in 2016.
President Trump told reporters he had no prior knowledge of the DOJ's decision to drop all charges.
Earlier in the week, Trump said he would welcome Flynn back into his administration.
President Trump shocked reporters when he strolled across the North Lawn at the White House on Friday morning. No other president in history has ever held a press conference on the North Lawn.
Read more »
The U.S. Justice Department apologized profusely to CNN (aka the Clinton News Network) after an employee sent out a tweet calling the network a 'troll'.
Read more »
The peaceful protests were just winding down when 4 gunshots rang out late Wednesday night in Ferguson, Missouri.
When the smoke cleared, 2 Ferguson police officers were on there ground suffering from gunshot wounds.
Read more »