Sean Rayford/Getty Images

A jury has returned guilty verdicts for three men charged with fatally shooting Ahmaud Arbery in Brunswick, Georgia last year.

Father and son Greg and Travis McMichael and neighbor Roddie Bryan were found guilty on all counts including malice murder and felony murder on Wednesday.

The McMichaels pursued Arbery in their pickup truck after they spotted him leaving a home that was under construction in their Satilla Shores subdivision on Feb. 23, 2020.

Travis McMichael claims he shot Arbery in self-defense after Arbery grabbed for his shotgun. Bryan joined the pursuit and recorded the video of Travis McMichael shooting Arbery.

The murder would have gone unnoticed, but someone leaked the video online and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation took over the case from local police.

The three men were arrested and charged following the public uproar.

The guilty verdicts come a week after 18-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse was cleared on all charges in his murder case in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Rittenhouse faced life in prison if convicted of murdering two Antifa activists and wounding a third man during the Jacob Blake riots last summer.

AFP/Getty Images

R. Kelly's lawyer is considering filing an appeal after the disgraced R&B star was found guilty of racketeering and related sex crimes in New York on Monday.

The "I Believe I Can Fly" singer faces decades behind bars after a jury found him guilty on all nine counts of recruiting women and underage children for sex.

Kelly's attorney tells CNN the defense team is disappointed by the verdict and is considering filing an appeal.

Deveraux Cannick accused federal prosecutors of cherry-picking evidence to suit their case against the singer.

"You didn't get to see what we saw in terms of the discovery," he said.

"You didn't get to see all the inconsistencies. We said in our summation that the government cherry-picked their version that they thought would support the continuation of the narrative."

Kelly, who has repeatedly denied the allegations against him, didn't react when the verdict was read out in court.


Nuccio DiNuzzo/Getty Images

However, his lawyer admitted the singer was shocked when the verdict was read out loud.

Attorney Gloria Allred, who represented three of six alleged victims, called Kelly the "worst" sexual predator she has ever encountered.

"I have been practicing law for 47 years. During this time I have pursued many sexual predators who have committed crimes against women and children. Of all the predators that I have pursued, however, Mr. Kelly is the worst, for many reasons.

"First, he used the power of his celebrity to recruit vulnerable underage girls for the purpose of sexually abusing them. These were not May-October relationships, which is what his defense attorney wanted the jury to believe; these were crimes against children and some adults.

"Second, to use the power of his business enterprise and many of his inner circle employees to assist him and enable him in his plan and his scheme to lure his victims to him, isolate them, intimidate them, control them, indoctrinate them, punish them, shame them, and humiliate them.

"All of which made Mr. Kelly more powerful and more dangerous than many other sexual predators who operate without a network of financial and businesses to support and enable them."

None of Kelly's former employees have been charged.

Kelly is scheduled to be sentenced on May 4, 2022. He is also facing similar charges in Illinois and Minnesota.

AFP via Getty Images

R. Kelly has been found guilty of sexually abusing women, boys, and girls in a Brooklyn courtroom on Monday.

Kelly was found guilty on nine counts of RICO violations, as well as transporting minor females across state lines for sex, on Monday.

The jury of seven men and five women deliberated for nine hours before returning their verdicts on the evidence against the singer.

Testimony of accusers and prosecution witnesses closed out the month-long trial in Brooklyn, New York.

Pool via Getty Images

During the proceedings, prosecutors told jurors that Kelly used a network of friends and employees to secretly transport minors and women across state lines and control their actions.

Many of the witnesses who took the stand during the trial claimed Kelly had kidnapped them and restricted what and when they could eat. They also claimed he controlled when they could take bathroom breaks.

Kelly's attorneys attempted to discredit the accusers as groupies who who were willing to be used and controlled.

The defense claimed the victims had concocted tall tales about the singer after he refused their advances.

Pool via Getty Images

One of his alleged victims claimed she witnessed the singer performing oral sex on teenage R&B singer Aaliyah, who Kelly illegally wed in a Chicago hotel room in 1994 - when she was only 15.

A former tour manager for Kelly also testified that he bribed a welfare office employee to make a fake ID for Aaliyah, which listed her age as 18.

Fred Duval/FilmMagic

Prosecutors claimed Kelly married Aaliyah in a bid to avoid criminal charges for having sex with a minor. Their marriage was later annulled.

Kelly did not take the stand to testify in his own defense during the trial.

Kelly also faces criminal charges in separate cases from state prosecutors in Minnesota and federal prosecutors in Illinois.

Photo may have been deleted

Minneapolis PD, Facebook

Former Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin was found guilty on all counts in the death of George Floyd in Minnesota.

The jury sent word to the judge that a verdict had been reached after 12 hours of deliberations on Tuesday afternoon.

Floyd died on May 25, 2020 when Chauvin kneeled on his back and neck for 8 minutes.

The National Guard moved into downtown Minneapolis ahead of the verdict announcement. Black Lives Matter activists threatened to burn the city down if the verdict was not guilty.

Floyd's death touched off protests, riots and mayhem in Democratic strongholds around the country.

Three former Minneapolis officers are awaiting trial in Floyd's death.

Photo by BACKGRID

Harvey Weinstein is "likely" to remain under his doctor's care at Manhattan's Bellevue Hospital until his sentencing on March 11, his attorney confirmed.

The disgraced movie mogul was rushed to the medical center on February, 24, while en route to Rikers Island prison after being found guilty of sexual assault and rape.

Weinstein, 67, complained of chest pain and shortness of breath shortly after hearing the split verdicts in a Manhattan courtroom.

Upon his arrival at the hospital, Weinstein was treated for heart palpitations and high blood pressure.

Photo by Spread Pictures / BACKGRID

Weinstein's wife Georgina Chapman (pictured with Weinstein in 2014) has not been to the hospital to visit him with his 2 youngest children. But he speaks to all of his children by phone.

In response to numerous media inquiries about Weinstein's discharge date from the hospital, Arthur Aidala, an attorney on Weinstein's legal team, told Variety that Weinstein will "likely" stay there until his court date next week.

Aidala denies reports that Weinstein is malingering or faking his illness to avoid being transferred to jail.

"(He's) likely there 'til sentencing on March 11. The treating doctors think that's where he should be - it's that simple," he said.

"It's no secret he was under several doctors' care over the course of the last couple of months. The doctors at Bellevue, up until today, at least, have determined that he's not ready to go to a non-medical facility. It's totally up to the medical team to make that determination. Obviously, nobody wants anything to happen to Mr. Weinstein because of his health."

Aidala added that the Department of Corrections is "making their own determinations" about Weinstein.

Meanwhile, Weinstein is getting the VIP treatment on the hospital's prison ward. There are no guards posted outside his room, and he has free run of the ward.

Recently, photos surfaced showing Weinstein in a media room watching television while relaxing on a sofa. His wheelchair was next to him. A source said Weinstein is ambulatory and he pushes his wheelchair like a walker.

Source: WENN.com

Photo by Image Press / BACKGRID

A Philadelphia man was convicted of fatally stabbing Nicki Minaj's manager outside a Philadelphia bar in 2015.

After two trials, Khaliyfa Neely was convicted Friday of stabbing Devon Andre Pickett to death on Feb. 18, 2015 outside a bar in Germantown.

Neely, 38, was found guilty of third-degree murder, aggravated assault, simple assault and possession of an instrument of crime.

The first trial ended in a hung jury, but District Attorney Larry Krasner's office continued to pursue justice in the case. Krasner said his office had "solid evidence" to convict Neely.

"It is our duty to persist in the pursuit of justice, even in the face of challenges," said Krasner.

Neely's sentencing hearing is set for April 24. He faces up to 25 years in prison if convicted of murder.

No photo

A Florida jury convicted Henry Segura of murdering his ex-girlfriend and her three children in 2010. A 6-person jury convicted Segura after deliberating for nearly 4 hours on Tuesday.

Segura faces the death penalty. He has been behind bars for nearly a decade since the murders.

Segura was accused of murdering his ex-girlfriend Brandi Peters, 26, her six-year-old twin daughters, Tamiyah and Taniyah Peters, and his own son, 3-year-old JaVante Segura.

The prosecution says Segura killed Peters because he didn't want to pay her $23,000 in back child support for their son.

All four bodies were found in Peters' Tallahassee, Florida home on Nov. 20, 2010.

Peters was found in a pool of blood near the front door. Her children were stacked in a bathtub partially filled with bloody water.

One of the twins was shot in the back of the head. The other two children were drowned.

Segura was arrested 10 months later in Le Sueru County, Minnesota, where he fled after the murders.

Segura's first trial in 2015 ended with a hung jury. The jurors voted 8-4 for acquittal back then.

The defense chose a 6-person jury for the retrial. They hoped they would have better luck with just 6 jurors.

The evidence against Segura was circumstantial, but he had a motive to kill her. He also lied repeatedly about his whereabouts at the time of the murders.

Segura initially lied and said he was not at Peters' home the day she was killed. But investigators discovered his secret phone, and the phone's GPS put him at the crime scene.

Segura then changed his story and admitted he was in Peters’ home that day, but he claims he was there to have sex with her, not kill her.

Complicating the murder case was a mentally ill federal inmate, James Carlos Santos, who claims he is a "drug kingpin" who ordered a hit on Peters after she stole drugs and $90,000 from the cartel. The jury didn’t buy his “confession".

Santos claims Peters was a drug mule for his drug cartel that he operated from inside the prison walls.

The prosecution noted that Peters lived with her children in Section 8 housing and could barely afford the rent.

A prison psychologist diagnosed Santos with a plethora of mental disorders ranging from schizophrenia to grandiose delusions. He also took credit for other murders that he could not have committed because he was incarcerated at the time.