The Federal Bureau of Investigation has demanded the IP addresses of everyone who read a USA Today article about two agents killed during a Florida child porn raid.
The FBI issued a subpoena to the news outlet demanding the IPs and phone numbers of everyone who clicked on the story between 8:03 p.m. and 8:38 p.m. on Feb. 2, 2021.
The article was published that same day on the USA Today website at 9:30 a.m.
The newspaper's publisher has refused to hand over the information, citing a violation of the First Amendment.
On Feb. 2, agents Daniel Alfin and Laura Schwartzenberger were gunned down and three others were wounded while serving a warrant on 55-year-old David Huber.
The suspect started shooting as the agents approached his apartment in Fort Lauderdale shortly after 6 a,m.
Huber took his own life after opening fire on the agents.
USA Today, owned by Gannett corporation, was among the many newspapers covering the story that morning. It isn't clear if the FBI is demanding the IP addresses and phone numbers from other media outlets that covered the story.
According to DailyMail.com, the subpoena doesn't specify why the FBI wants the information.
AFP via Getty Images
Deutsche Bank turned over President Trump's financial records to Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance through a subpoena filed last year.
On Wednesday, New York AG Letitia James said she will make a "major national announcement" at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 6.
Prosecutors have pored over Trump's financial records after the bank complied with the subpoena, the New York Times reports.
Vance and James, both Democrats, are investigating potential crimes in the U.S. president's financial dealings. Trump obtained loans from Deutsche Bank.
Vance launched an investigation into Trump's financial dealings last year after his former attorney, Michael Cohen, told Congress the president had a practice of misleading business associates and tax officials by undervaluing his assets.
As part of the investigation, Vance asked Trump's accounting firm to turn over 8 years of his tax returns, but they refused.
The U.S. Supreme Court ordered the tax returns released, but Trump's lawyers filed an appeal that will delay the release of the tax returns for at least another year.
Chris Condon/PGA TOUR
Trump didn't seem concerned on Monday. "This is just a continuation of the witch hunt," he told reporters.
"It's Democrat stuff they failed with Mueller they failed with everything. They failed at every stage of the game. Even before I got in this was starting with the Mueller deal. Mueller started a little bit after," Trump said, correcting himself.
"It's a terrible thing that they do. It's really a terrible thing. The witch hunt has gone on long enough," he said.
Retired NBA star Chris Bosh is unhappy with Basketball Wives producers. He reportedly sent the producers a subpoena demanding any and all footage of his baby mama Allison Mathis.
Read more »
President Obama is feeling the strain of the massive White House cover up of the attack on the U.S. embassy in Benghazi. Tears streamed down Obama's face as he struggled to answer questions about the cover up which could lead to impeachment proceedings against him.
Read more »