Who knew Edgar Bronfman’s kids were mixed?

ALL I WANNA DO IS COUNT UP… AND TAKE YA MONEY:

UPDATE:

According to loyal reader, Chelle Belle, Edgar Bronfman, Jr was married to a black woman and together they had 3 bi-racial children, Vanessa, Benjamin and Hannah. They divorced in 1991. Bronfman’s father, Edgar Bronfman Sr, then chairman of The Seagram Company Ltd., wrote a book detailing his disappointment with his son for marrying a black woman.

This morning I wrote a post about British/ Sri Lankan rapper M.I.A. announcing her engagement to the son of Warner chief Edgar Bronfman. I found the above pic on Wiremage.com. Does anyone know if that’s Bronfman’s son Benjamin Brewer with M.I.A.?

This pic shows Bronfman with his daughter Vanessa, who looks mixed to me.

Photos: Wireimage/Getty

14 Responses to “Who knew Edgar Bronfman’s kids were mixed?”

London Marie says:

Hmmm I have no idea who these people are lol. I like MIA’s white nails though. That’s kinda hot..

cupcakes says:

@london – I was about to say the same thing!!! Who are these people!!

Anna says:

I don’t even know who MIA is. The guy with MIA looks scary. Is his face to long was his hair combed from the back to the front?

milly says:

yea were all lost on who these peoples are

Kymystry says:

again ..> WHO ? ? ?

bloggergirlz says:

per wikipedia:

Personal life

Against his father’s wishes, Bronfman married his first wife, African American actress Sherri Brewer, in 1979 in New Orleans. The couple had three children together–Vanessa, Hannah, and Benjamin–before they divorced in 1991. In 1993, he married Clarissa Al****, the daughter of Frank Al****, a Venezuelan oil executive of British descent. They have three children.

Bronfman’s son, who is known as Ben Brewer, is the guitar player and vocalist for the New York-based alternative rock band The Exit. The band’s first mass-released recording was the song “Susan” on the soundtrack of American Pie 2. The soundtrack was released on MCA, at the time part of the Vivendi Universal empire.

NC_NYer says:

For those who don’t know – Edgar Bronfman is the CEO of Warner Music Group (the company behind Warner Brothers Records, Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic – if they’re still around, but I don’t believe so – I believe they were absorbed into Elektra). Asylum (the reborn edition) is the label behind Shawty Lo, Webbie, Bun B (solo, not UGK, that’s JIVE), Gucci Mane, Mike Jones, Paul Wall, just to name a few. Bronfman used to be the CEO behind Universal (the company behind Island/Def Jam, Interscope, Geffen, Universal/Motown).

Just a little education…..this is the man ABOVE the man (no disrespect to Kevin Liles & Lyor Cohen over at Warner).

NC_NYer says:

M.I.A. (on Interscope) is what I’d call a ‘world music’ artist. You’re not going to see her on BET or hear her on Hot 107.9 (no disrespect to ATL). But she had Rolling Stone’s #1 album of the year for 2007 (“Kala”), beating out Jay-Z’s “American Gangster” (#3) & Bruce Springsteen’s “Magic” (#2).

pyt_504 says:

ok well thanks for saying who that man is.. cause we had no damn clue

London Marie says:

I know who MIA is because i love her paper planes song. I just don’t care about her love life. That ish is boring. So i dont know why Sandra is posting this! I’d much rather see what Monica wore to the club.. or something.. sheesh.. LOL love ya sandra!! haha.. this site entertains me all day while i work.

NYCUTIE says:

The man in the tux could get it!!

NC_NYer says:

NYCUTIE – you are a trip

marshefen says:

@ NYCUTIE you need to stop!
    Although he is a nice looking white dude!

AlwaysSweet says:

All this information and I still don’t know who the hell these people are. Oh well. Life goes on.