Jesse Jackson is an attention whore

Anyone over the age of 40 knows that Jesse Jackson is the political version of the ubiquitous Sean Combs. Jesse has never been camera shy and has managed to inject himself into every presidential campaign in one way or another.

Remember “Hymietown”? So the latest controversy involves Jackson making unsavory remarks while criticizing Sen. Barack Obama. His comments were picked up by a live Fox news mic.

You can’t convince me that Jackson did not know his mic would pick up his every word when he said he wanted to cut Sen. Barack Obama’s nuts off. After all, Jackson knew he was a guest on FOX News — the most racist of all news networks.

When word of his comments was leaked to the media – by Fox news – Jackson released a statement saying his comments were meant to be private.

Well, comments that are meant to be private are delivered in privacy — not while wired and sitting on a set directly in front of FOX news cameras. Jesse is no novice when it comes to live television interviews. He’s seen enough infamous hot mic gaffes to know how they work.

So Jackson got exactly what he wanted: to be the center of media attention since Obama is the presidential campaign poster boy, and the networks have been pretty much ignoring Jackson as of late. Unlike the media, I am onto Jackson’s manipulative ways and I won’t waste another second on this non-story.

46 Responses to “Jesse Jackson is an attention whore”

candi got gushy says:

Fox will spin this till the election is over !! The Rev shouldve known better…

Nina says:

That was so dumb on Jesse’s part…why would he even make a statement like that in a studio setting?? It shows his true colors because for him to quickly apologize and say it was “taken out of context” or it was “private” is BS.

Cut his n*ts off? I knew he had issues, but I didn’t know Jesse was like this. If I was Barack, I would stay 100 feet away from that ignorant man…b/c that was pure ignorance.

Anna says:

Being black, female and 41, I have never connected with thinking that Jesse Jackson is speaking for me. I find him to be as low as a ambulance chaser after a accident. He is a civil rights chaser who does not always get the facts before he steps in. Why would he say what he did about Obama? He should be trying to strengthen the community and praise Obama for being this far ahead in the race for the White House. Is it a jealously thing? Obama is a nice looking man who when he speaks (I don’t care who you are)all want to listen. I don’t want to disrespect a man of the cloth but he does need to sit down some where without a mic within 200 feet. this is no mistake because this is something you don’t say out loud, let alone in a tv studio. What gets me is depending on your age when Bill Cosby was addressing this same issue he got ridiculed.(sp) Obama says it and only got praises minus Jesse Jackson.

brwnsugga4you says:

why are there 2 or 3 mccain ads on this site?? sandra is that who you voted for or will vote for???

I was talking to my friend about this and she said the speech Jesse was critical of was made on Father’s Day at a church. What else should he talk about on Father’s Day at a black church? Jesse probably felt chastised because of his own child that he created outside of his marraige when he was practially a senior citizen. Is Jesse the type that wants to sweep our issues under the rug? I mean it is a fact that a whopping 70% of American black children are born out of wedlock today compared to 25% 40 years ago. Hell yeah we need to address that.

Anna says:

@ Bird Says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Amen Bird for bringing that up. The speech was on fathers day at a church that was not Rev Wrights. Jesse does need to sit down and be quiet. He did have a “outside” kid.

ReadTheBlog says:

lol…Jesse is such a hater. For him to whisper, he knows he was trynna start some ****. He should officially change his name to Willie Lynch – OFFICIALLY! I have never understood Jesse’s role – period, OK?!?! WTF does he do – Oh wait, Sandra already told us – HE WHORES FOR ATTENTION. He is so bitch-made *logging off*

oshikoyah says:

Yeah, Jesse knew what the hell he was doing. He ain’t no different than Al Sharpton, but at least Al ain’t trying to steal Baracks thunder! Jesse needs to sit his old womanizing ass down somewhere and shut the *uck up!

ThatCarmen says:

I put Jesse and Al Sharpton in the same bubble; wherever there is black people and cameras, they will follow. He is no man of the cloth in my eyes…. He is a serpent in bad sheep’s clothing. I dont care who he associates himself with from the past during the civil rights movement; the BS that he feeds to the black community does nothing but encourage us to run around continuing to point fingers and be victims….and I am glad that God has been showing him for his true self the past years…… the dark is coming to light on his fake ass!

krbinc says:

damn jesse damn! you was on fox news saying that! that makes you a house nigg#er jesse!

krbinc says:

a token nigg#er for fox (KKK) news!

buttercup24 says:

Jesse Jackson is a hypocrite who I have no respect for. It is crazy how a lot of these older African American males, are always claiming that we need to change. They are always telling us to stick together, put jealousy aside and all that other jazz. They do a hell of a job setting an example! He is a disappointment and I’d never want him to speak for me.

JrzeeMa says:

brwnsugga4you Says:

**********

**** Buisness is buisness and a sponsor is a sponsor… Let me stop Im not quite sure how it works….

JrzeeMa says:

As far as Jesse I dont know many people that see him as a voice thats worth listening to sometimes. Just like when then lyin ass stripper lied on the Duke Lacrosse team Jesse was right there but they found out the broad was lying. Where is Jesse when young black men are killing each other and too many young black women are contracting HIV. Point is Jesse is more of a divider when it comes to race and does more to hinder race relations then he does to help.

milly says:

Wow Jesse ignorance isnt a bliss, you really need to do better.

Obama 08!

2bme says:

There’s a reason why MLK couldn’t stand him..as one of our so called leaders(I didn’t vote for that shyt) any discord between two powerful african american men is only going to give these racist sons of bitches more ammunition..if barack can’t get along with his own how is he going to run the nation? jesse two bit ass knew what he was doing..his jealousy is transparent..i’m normally not an advocate of violence but when is someone going to whoop his ass????

hellava10 says:

Ya’ll wave at Jesse and tell him to come on in from the fields, slavery has ended. It’s 2008 and the revolution WILL be televised. He really should be ashamed but he’s not. With all the recent bad publicity surrounding our black ministers……dont get me started this early without coffee. All I can do is pray for him

h0tsauce says:

Jesse Jackson is tired and needs to site down…How you a Reverend talking about cutting off someone nuts…

I’ve never been a Jesse Jackson Fan but after this I have lost so much respect for him.

shunda says:

Jesse is an opportunist. He is not in the actual community because there are no cameras there. He is not ashamed beause he gets more time in the spotlight. If he is a reverend when does he preach or help out at a church. We do not hear anything about him until it is scandal related. Nothing positive at all.

Lucy says:

Would someone please tell me what he said. Unable to get video.

pyt_504 says:

OK NOW THIS IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF “hatin” Normally we use that word too losely but this time the word fits to a T

I never liked this man and I never will…….

He wanna cut someone nut’s off?….he needs to cut off that “SOULLLLLLLL GLOW” perm he been rocking for the past 60 years!

Keep your mouth closed and continue to wear your tight suits Jesse and stay off the camera… NO ONE IS LOOKING FOR YOU!

SlimA says:

Why Jesse Why? In the famous words of Thing 1. Jesse has set us back a few years. I really feel Jesse failed at his attempt for presidency and is jealous. It’s now time to move over and let a young up an coming black man do what he couldn’t accomplish. Can somebody send Jesse to the corner.

DCREALEST says:

ok, I’m starting to question…IS THIS THE SAME WAY YOU FELT ABOUT MLK?

DCREALEST says:

or better yet, Bill Cosby has said way worse. the thing is…ITS ALL TRUE!

Vegas Dice says:

This is the reason why we as blacks can’t get anywhere…

Barack was trying to uplift his people by speaking on reality, that many black men don’t take responsibility for their kids..

Then Jesse DUMB ASS, has the nerve to say he’s speaking down on blacks.. Well Jesse, it’s a huge black problem!

It’s sad that we’re getting laughed at because we can’t support each other long enough to get into office..

That’s the Devil’s work.. Barack has been a man of faith and 2 of his people have tried to sabatoge his run for president..

But, GOD PREVAILS and for the sake of our country – I hope he prevails too!

ggouch says:

I am SICK with IT!, I can’t stand these
    Uncle Ruckus lookin boy.
    Boot licken azz kissin lookin boy,
    No YOU DID NOT REALLY help release the hostages lookin boy
    Cream of Nature Relaxer wearin boy,
    Still in the Shadows of Martin Luther, carry my bags flunky lookin boy/
    Imposture pastors lookin boy.
    Adulterer lookin boy.
    No condom wearin, bastard baby makin lookin boy
    Pimps up hoes down lookin boy.
    Fraudulent cause chasing lookin boy.

I break into HIVES when these THIEVES are called on by the “OTHER” community to represent my voice!!

I CANT STAND THEM and REFUSE to EXERCISE the left side of my brain to even comment on Jessy or AL, HATTEN AZZ Lookin Boy.

Vegas Dice says:

@2beme..

I can get a few of the homies to whip Jesse’s ass for just a few dollas!!

All I need is an address, and I’ll take care of it – ASAP!

Vegas Dice says:

Ooops, forgot Jesse was a “rev”..

*Note to self* – Have homies whip Jesse’s ass, then pray for forgiveness after.

ReadTheBlog says:

Jesse prolly hated on Dr. King, too!

Coop says:

@Sandra

The sad thing is Bill “Uncle Ruckus” Cosby talks down to black people every day.

Detroit48205 says:

I think this episode represents tension between the Civil Rights generation and the Hip Hop generation. In 2002, cultural critic Todd Boyd wrote a book entitled, “The New H.N.I.C.: The Death of Civil Rights and the Reign of Hip Hop”. Its a great book that argues the Civil Rights Old Guard is being eclipsed by Hip Hop.

How does this relate to Obama? Well, for one, Obama didn’t come up in the Civil Right tradition, and when he announced his candidacy in February 2007, “Old Guard African-Americans” ripped him to shreads in the media. Andrew Young said Obama should not be president because he was “too young” (ignoring the fact that his friend Bill Clinton was younger when he was elected), and, Ronald Walters, deputy campaign manager for Jesse Jackson’s two presidential campaigns, trashed Obama on Bill Moyers last year, and also said this: “He might as well start talking (just) about Black issues because he’s not going to be president.”

So Obama, who is enormously popular with young people in general, and the hip hop community in particular, represents a shift away from The Old Guard Civil Rights Crowd, which has controlled Black Politics for over four decades. And this is going to be a bitter pill to swallow for those like Jackson.

A new generation of young people will be emerging with Obama’s ascendency, and many will be replacing a Civil Rights Old Guard that’s used to the spotlight.

CHANGE is coming.

Topnotch says:

ggouch Says:

I am SICK with IT!, I can’t stand these
    Uncle Ruckus lookin boy.
    Boot licken azz kissin lookin boy,
    No YOU DID NOT REALLY help release the hostages lookin boy
    Cream of Nature Relaxer wearin boy,
    Still in the Shadows of Martin Luther, carry my bags flunky lookin boy/
    Imposture pastors lookin boy.
    Adulterer lookin boy.
    No condom wearin, bastard baby makin lookin boy
    Pimps up hoes down lookin boy.
    Fraudulent cause chasing lookin boy.
    **********************

lmao!!

ole i ate the cheese looking boy

ole blame it on the rain looking boy

ole im hating cause i wanna be in Obama’s shoes looking boy!

jesse need to sit down somewhere..i thought the rules of hating were that you can no longer hate after 60 yrs old?

LiseyC says:

Even Jesse Jr was p***ed about the old man’s remarks. Let’s face it, Jesse Jackson never will achieve the greatness that HE thinks that HE so RICHLY deserves. Jeez, sounds like Hillary and her whole I’m entitled to the democratic nomination.
    As a Chicagoan, let me tell you, NO ONE LISTENS TO JJ. He has been ineffective as a community leader for close to 30 years. He always seems to pick the causes that eventually blow up in his face and the only people that call him for comments are the networks that know that he will say something that is devisive. It is a sad day indeed when his true colors show.
    I sure didn’t hear him on TV when Bill Cosby made his remarks regarding the parenting skills (or lack thereof) of black men. So basically Jesse, you saying that black men DON’T have to be responsible for the children they make? Is that really what you trying to say? Really? They should just continue in the same vein and continue to whore themselves and leave another generation of children without a positive male role model setting the example by being a responsible parent? Really? A**hole……

LiseyC says:

Sorry, my disgust at his grandstanding just ticked me off once again. Absolutely disgusted with the same ole, same ole BS. There was a time when he could have been great, but, then he turned out to be an idiot that rode the coat tails of another great leader and expected that his ‘charisma’ (oh, and I use that term with sarcasm) would elevate him into a world leader. Yeah, how did that work out for you , Jesse? His one redeeming quality, his son actually has all that he lacks and the time has come for Sr. to step aside and shut his freaking mouth up!!
    I am getting ticked all over again…

ckarinwhite says:

I am mad at the guy who listen to Jessie’s rant and did not rebuke him for the comment. It appears that he knew that they were still on the air, and let him make a fool of himself.

Fatkat says:

You’r so right Sandra. I believe jesse is jealous of how far Obama has come. Some of the words Obama spoke about black men needing to take responsibility for their kids is true but does Jesse Jackson feel Obama is talking about him. He fathered a baby by a younger woman and hid it, taking donations that was giving to him and his organization to pay for this child he basically had nothing to do with.

Coop says:

@DCREALEST

Bill “Uncle Ruckus” Cosby is full of sh*t and he’s a rapist.

tiffanikitti says:

What’s the difference between Jesse and Sandra?

Sandra had an opinion of Obama’s 10 year old daughter and received national attention AND Jesse had an opinion of Obama and received national attention.

tami says:

I never cared for him! I have interviewed him several times on my show and I find him extremely arrogant and snobbish. I always delete him out of my footage, he is very dry and mean spirited to me, how is he such a great leader, who knows!

PAHairston says:

Jesse Jackson is the one who needs his balls cut off and his Reverend title revoked! He has some nerve critizing Obama, after his out-of-wedlock child was announced several yrs ago. He’s just jealous his presidential bid never got this far. GO OBAMA, GO OBAMA GO!

What has Jesse ever REALLY done for the black community except give us the slogan KEEP HOPE ALIVE. Hell, words are cheap. As always, I leave you in peace.

LiseyC says:

Here is the link to the story rgarding Jesse Jr’s feelings on Sr’s comments..

ggouch says:

ckarinwhite Says:

_________________________________________

Ckarinwhite, You said it…. EXACTLY!!…Why?…and it looked like he intially tried to ignore him…and that’s why RUCKUS had to repeat it.

SlimA says:

I believe Jesse killed Tupac. :)

Wait, why is everyone saying Jesse has a process? You know all those old school negroes got Indian in em.

ggouch says:

LMAO @ Topnotch!!!! Ole………….Lookin Boi! cracking up!! U most be in the south…i don’t think this catchy toon has reached beyond the southern region…has it? Girl the kids be singing the heck out of this song, and adding there own twist…It is so funny!

mj says:

Jesse Jesse Jesse.. That was just dumb!