Giant Internet worm set to infect computers tomorrow

UPDATE:

Click the above link to scan your PC for the Internet worm and clean your PC if it’s infected. Leaving your computer off all day tomorrow will not protect your PC from being affected if the worm is already inside.

As you’ve already heard by now, a giant Internet worm is set to be unleashed upon your computers tomorrow (April 1) — and no, it isn’t an April Fool’s joke. Read more about the worm here.

The virus creators have gotten so smart that even the best anti-virus programs can’t detect their handiwork any more. Last week it took me two days to clean out my system from a virus infection — and I had the full suite of McAfee Anti-Virus tools running on my machine at the time.

After noticing my computer and Internet dragging, I ran 4 anti-virus tools before one of them finally detected 29 instances of the dreaded TDSSserv trojan in my registry. It then took me another two hours and two more programs to remove all traces of it from my PC.

I don’t know anything about this worm that’s supposed to be released on unsuspecting PC owners tomorrow. What I do know is I will no longer be surfing the Internet on my PC — only on my Mac which is immune to virus and trojans.

When Bill Gates makes Windows virus-free like Apple then I’ll go back to browsing the Internet on my PC.

12 Responses to “Giant Internet worm set to infect computers tomorrow”

carmelita79 says:

what type of loser doest this kind of stuff? what joy can you possibly get from destroying so many peoples computers. does this carry serious jail time?

bk2atl says:

Oh Lord…I have Norton at home so I hope it’s enough to detect and thwart this virus.

Coo Coo Bananas says:

===========

Plenty of joy while he counts his money from selling your personal info such as your SS and bank account numbers to black market crooks.

iscream says:

Thanks for the info I did not hear about this. I will stick to my sidekick till after this pass. (Can a sidekick get a virus?)

mimi08 says:

So sandra, does this mean laptops are immune, and that this virus will only affect those with PC’s?

ReadTheBlog says:

Hadn’t hera… macs are a piece of ****… mines crashed – I need a new hard drive.
    F*ck mac f*ck vista…I’m going back to paper and pencil.

Lucy says:

@mimi08
    A laptop is a PC. Anything connected to the internet. I stopped using Explorer which is the real problem. Foxfire for me.

LovelyLady says:

iscream Says:

———

I dont think cell phones can get viruses but i heard they are coming out with a virus that will effect cell phones. Theses hackers send a viruse to ur computer then u downlad all types of software to have it taken off which is putting money in thier pockets also.

hack ur computer—->>>then u HAVE to buy software to remove it (which is usually owned by a hacker) and they get even more rich.

@ Coo Coo Bananas you are absolutley right. My computer will not let me go into my bank account if i have a virus. i guess they know the virus will steal my info.

ROTFLMFAO @
    ReadTheBlog Says:

Hadn’t hera… macs are a piece of ****… mines crashed – I need a new hard drive.
    F*ck mac f*ck vista…I’m going back to paper and pencil.

Kymystry says:

the worm is called the Conflikker … or summin like that .. google it .. it’ll tell you all about it

missamerica says:

I caught them talking about this on 60 minutes Sunday and the people behind this are lethal. They can watch your whole life online and you would never know. You really need to be careful when it comes to using your credit cards, doing banking online, or inserting your address, phone number, and social security number, that’s how they are jacking identities. Criminals are always ahead of the game.

Then they have the fake virus alerts that tell you to click because your computer detected a virus and that’s a virus. The internet is like the streets out here, nobody is safe, lol!

LovelyLady says:

missamerica Says:

————–

Thats is the truth. The internet is like the streets. But 1,000 times smarter. And most hackers still dont get caught.

katgirl33 says:

I had a trojan horse virus on my PC too……my damn brother & that “Bear Share”……it took me a couple of weeks to finally get it off…..everytime I thought I got it, I didn’t…..

I got Norton Anti……