I mean, doesn’t the poor girl have enough problems?

From Essence.com:

Internet rumors have been circulating that Jennifer Hudson is pregnant. While her manager and publicist deny the rumors, two sources close to the Oscar and Grammy winner confirm exclusively to ESSENCE.com that she is indeed expecting. This would be the first child for Hudson.

Hudson, who is currently receiving rave reviews while on tour with Robin Thicke, is engaged to David Otunga, a Harvard Law graduate and former contestant on “I Love New York 2.” The couple plans to marry sometime soon, but hasn’t confirmed a wedding date.

Tragedy struck the singer last October when her mother, brother and nephew were murdered. Hudson made a triumphant return to the spotlight on February 1 when she sang “The Star-Spangled Banner” at the Super Bowl. She went on to win her first Grammy Award for best R&B album on February 8.

Hudson is on tour through May 8. Her next show is April 23 at the Fox Theatre in St. Louis, Missouri.

Photo: Wireimage/Getty

32 Responses to “Is anyone else concerned that Jennifer Hudson’s baby daddy might be a butt pirate?”

eastpointvet says:

ass pirates need love 2 lol

carmelita79 says:

what makes him gay exactly? the fact we having seen him with any man or any pictures? or is it just because he doesnt look “like a thug” that makes hime gay? wasnt there a post about how we always look for these thugs ( i believe this was in reference to her sister dating that belfour person) and pass up on the men that dont fit that thug mold but have everything important to offer?

PAHairston says:

Hello All. Carmelita79, I could not have said it better myself. (Ain’t this woman been thru enough this past yr?) But stillllllllllll, where there is smoke, there is usually fire. I’m just saying……………

spongebobfan says:

nah I don’t think punk is gay, I thought jhud may be preggers though its a pic of her that looks like she at least 6months but at times it looks like regular big girl gut I dunno. but punk seemed like a cool dude(on ILNY2 at least) he made a come up with jhud sidenote:I hope a day will come that her tragedy won’t have to come up with everything she does

I know that tragic process that David used to sport was traumatic for all of us to behold, but other than that I really don’t get a gay vibe off of him.

jazi65 says:

I’d rather focus on the fact that she’s come through the fire and is stronger than ever…I hear she’s about to become a mom so nothing but blessings are coming her way.

attorneymom says:

I am still stuck on the fact that he is a Havard Law grad.

Sidebar: Why do pictures of Star Jones and Terry Mcmillan continue to pop in my head whenever I hear that Jennifer Hudson is getting married?

licia says:

ditto to what carmelita said .

eastpointvet says:

@carmelita
    its totally not about him not looking like a thug some dudes just got that sweet swagger

iscream says:

Jennifer if its true congrat’s. You’re album was already put on hold bc of the tragedy. Now that you finally have a leg to stand on you are going to have to put your career on hold again for your “blessing”. I hope you have a strong fan base to hold it down for you.

@ topic Punk came across as very how u doin on I love NY. Maybe he is a metrosexual. It was that damn s curl he rocked. Hope her kids don’t get that slow looking gene his sister and momma carried.

kwallace577 says:

-It was that damn s curl he rocked.

-I know that tragic process that David used to sport was traumatic for all of us to behold…
    ——————————————
    in Jesus name we pray, amen.

i just hope we don’t have a teri mcmillian/starlet jones reynolds 2014 case on our hands here. she has been through enough. congrats on the lil baby if it is true.

QUESTION…what happened to the long time boyfriend she had before she went industry? i just knew the tragedy was gonna get them back together. you know…he knew her and her family “back when”…(shrugs)

Dhoward1913 says:

@ Bird….too funny, but I must agree.

I am so tired of hearing that this fool is a Harvard Law graduate, the questions is where is he working now, or does he even work?

istandbehindtheIam says:

I didn’t know she was preggers, but big ups to her and her man if it’s true. The girl’s been through a lot.

Daisy says:

@Kwall I thought the same thing about the ex boyfriend. I am sure he reached out to her they go back to middle school I didnt think he would last long once she blew up though. He was nice looking.

Punk AKA David does not look as suspect to me since Flavor of Love but since I saw him on flavor of love that ? will always be there. If she is happy then that is all that matters in the end.

Congrats if she is prg.

Dhoward1913 Says:

************************************

He was working for the Rainbow/PUSH coalition, but I don’t know if he still does. I read somewhere the he was going to become a professional wrestler or something.

Zuley says:

Crazy as it may sound I don’t think Punks gay to be honest. I just didn’t get that gay vibe from him even with the S-curl dripping juiced up hair. Now if Jennifer was dating that guy Pretty from I Love New York 2 then we would definitely have a problem. As for Jennifer love her and I honestly believe she is pregnant I wish nothing but the best for she and Punk.

kwallace577 says:

^^^^^^^^^^@16

we gotta stop calling this man…”punk”. LMFAO. herein lies the problem…”punk” smdh….

iscream says:

If Punk was on Flavor of love there is no question in my mind he is a fudge packer, lol.

I think you meant I Love NY.

GAGIRL73 says:

This young lady has been threw hell and back with the loss of 3 close family members at once, not saying she is the only that has been threw this! I lost my mommy and two close cousin in my heart and bloodline all in one month with in days 3 funeral within two weeks! So if she is bringing a life into this world so be it! Atleast its from her own man. And “if” he dangles both sides of the fence is it causing stress in homes that are judging him? I don’t agree with that type live style at all but whom am I to judge when I have flaws of my own to get in order before I can get threw those pearly white gates!

Daisy says:

@Ice Yes I meant I love NY. I have been SWAMPED today at work. You see that Iyonah I really do work..lol

aqtpie says:

Awwwh Congratulations to them if it’s true.

terika83 says:

Yeah I kinda suspected that when he was on ILNY2…idk when men walk a certain way like they got tight butt or loose booty that turns me off and makes me suspicious.

keely107 says:

My gaydar goes off instantly, but Im no authority, I am just glad that he brings her happiness at any rate. Aint my man, if she likes it I love it.

katgirl33 says:

Hush up Auntie, he ain’t gay! LOL

miamore73 says:

So I can’t even tell you how long it took me to figure out what a butt pirate was. *geeezzz*

flyqtnva says:

IDK….i just dont think he’s gay either. I dont know if it’s the hair and the contacts but i just dont know.

yvonne79 says:

When’s the wedding?

starr says:

I don’t know if he’s gay, but the preggers rumours been out for awhile. I just don’t like this guy…….he seems like an opportunist, and i don’t trust anybody on these reality tv shows anyways

pointhimout says:

well his name was PUNK on the horrific show. he can get it is all i have to say.

katgirl33 says:

That New York named him Punk, didn’t she?

toosexy says:

oh my god some people ….the guy is gay as sugar DAMN did anybody watch the show i love new york I see now how woman can be blinded like it ain’t nothing….

KaraZ says:

I’m more concerned about her low budget weave/wig on her head in this picture.