Lamar’s Baby Mama: “I Thought It Was a Joke”

Lamar Odom’s baby mama Liza Morales is just as surprised as we are that the NBA star is tying the knot with TV personality Khloe Kardashian. Morales is clueless as to the reason behind Lamar and Khloe’s mad dash to the alter (she’s not pregnant, so they say).

Morales, who was once engaged to Odom, told E! Online in an exclusive interview that she got the news in a text message from a friend so she thought it was a joke. “I knew they were dating, because, like everybody else saw, they were going all of these places they could be seen. So that’s how I found out they were dating. It’s just really, really shocking,” she tells E! News. “Everybody, and I quote, ‘everybody’ is shocked by this.”

Morales said she would not be attending the weeding, but her daughter Destiny has met Khloe while her son declined to meet her.

Odom, 29, began dating Liza Morales when they were both just 17, and they’ve had three children together: Destiny, 11, Lamar Jr., 8, and Jayden, who died of SIDS at age 7 months in 2006. The high school sweethearts split two years ago.

Morales, who now lives in New York City with the two children, says Destiny has met the E! star, but Lamar Jr. “chose not to.” The family won’t be making a last-minute trip to California to witness the union.

“I would definitely say it is moving too fast,” Morales says. “I think that marriage is a life commitment and it is not something you rush into. You can’t think about the wedding. You have to think about the marriage and what that consists of. This is not a fabulous pair of shoes, or a fabulous custom-made suit we are talking about. So I would definitely say he is acting on impulse.”

While Morales wouldn’t comment on what she thinks of Khloé, she did say she is protective of her children.
“I will say this, I have an 11-year-old and an 8-year-old and I have to be mama bear,” Morales tells E! News. “I didn’t go out there looking for this. I am very private. Lamar is choosing this type of setting that he is getting himself into, he is kind of bringing the kids and myself into this. I did want to get my voice out there because I have to protect [my kids].

“This media society that we live in is not like when I was 11. [My daughter] can Google Khloé, she can Google her father, so this is really serious to me. I know some people think this is entertainment, but for me, this is a life-changing experience, and I have to protect my kids.”

Morales wouldn’t say whether the kids are upset by their father’s sudden news.

“I don’t want to put words into my kids’ mouths,” Morales says. “I know how they feel…they talk to me and this is something that we have to work on as a family and Lamar can figure out what he has to do on his own.”
Morales also won’t say when the last time Odom saw his children, but she does hope his priorities are in line.
“Lamar has to focus on his children, his relationship with them before he can think about bringing Khloé around.”

Source

53 Responses to “Lamar’s Baby Mama: “I Thought It Was a Joke””

yvonne79 says:

I would also agree that many folks today rush into marriage

pointhimout says:

she must’ve let him knock stretch those tonsils outta place or something. we’re all confused by this. i didnt even know they were dating. first i heard of them being the together was the wedding announcement. about 2-3 weeks ago there was a pic of khloe and terrence J tasting each others faces all over the net.

Peachizz says:

LOL…
    Taraji P. Henson cae to her sense before Odom could drag her down teh aisle.. LOL… (she’s no different then the rest of them)……

flyqtnva says:

WOW

flyqtnva says:

IS BEING SEEN this damn serious yo

Anna says:

pointhimout Says:

she must’ve let him knock stretch those tonsils outta place or something
    ~~~~~~
    Are men stupid enough to marry for that reason? I wouldn’t be surprised if she is knocked up and does not want to do what Kortney and Scott are doing. She seems too much of a party girl to get married out of the blue.

yvonne79 says:

OMG! His outfit in this picture is horrible :coffee:

Daisy says:

I guess his son is a mamas boy and the daughter is a daddys girl.

The comments under another site which was YT were going in on the baby mama and that surprised me. I did not see anything wrong with what she said.

Good Luck and God Bless

Dhoward1913 says:

I think that the mother is very mature about what is going on. I wish most mothers would handle the stupid actions their ex’s are preforming in the same manner. Kudos to her!

missy says:

She wasn’t the only person who thought this was a joke I mean i don’t pity her because lamar has to pay her child support so once they are worrying about their children and they are taking care of she shouldn’t have to worry.And there is nothing wrong with what she said i think that people are just being mean because she isn’t being a catty stereotype so they have to pick on anything she says.

aqtpie says:

Dang the mother of his children found out about his upcoming nuptials in a text message? Wow!!!

KaraZ says:

I still think this marriage thing is a joke though, like an extended episode of Punk’d

intensemocha says:

VERY CLASSY AND SINCERE SOUND ADVICE-AT LEAST SHE DIDN’T BASH HIM

LOL-PUERTO RICANS THOUGHT THEY WERE THE NEW WHITE-I GUESS NOTHING IS BETTER THAN THE REAL THING TO THESE NICCAS

FAST FORWARD 10 YEARS OR SO AND PUERTO RICANS WILL TAKE A SEAT NEXT TO BLACK WOMEN AND SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCES THEY HAVE ENCOUNTERED WITH BLACK MEN AND THEIR LACK OF MARRYING THEM AND BEING BETTER FATHER TO THEIR CHILDREN

MistaO says:

Sounds like sour grapes to me!

Folks rushing into marriage today? Wha? Huh? Where they all at?

Considering the dismal rates of marriage for “some groups” today, more should be rushing to get to the alter.

I always find it odd that the same people speaking against marriage in general or “rushing” to get married, are the same people who have like ZERO to say about folks (themselves included in most cases) who bring CHILDREN into the world sans a marriage?!?!

All this thought and consideration prior to getting married, but no thought OR consideration to bringing LIFE into the world?!?

No wonder so many all jacked up today…

free says:

oooohhhh mistaO, i was about to say the same thing!! THREE KIDS!! she needs to get out of his koolaid!! why she felt like she had to make a statement is beyond me.

MistaO says:

@free, yea right? Just sour grapes and she hating. Probably asking herself how she was with him THAT LONG and never got a ring. That’s probably what’s really real.

Plus, there have been plenty of folks who have gotten married (some shotgun style) and those lasted…And folks who’ve “played house” for like 15 years or more and never do what’s proper…

Whateva, these fools stay keeping life twisted…

KaraZ says:

@MistaO, sour grapes or not… you don’t think marriage after dating for only a few weeks is rushing into it, in US society?

intensemocha says:

A BLIND MAN CAN SEE GETTING MARRIED TO SOMEONE AFTER DATING FOR ONE MONTH IS INSANE

AND THOSE WHO THINK IT’S NOT ARE JUST THAT INSANE

IF IT’S MEANT TO LAST WAITING AT LEAST A YEAR WOULDN’T HURT A THING-AND IF IT DOESN’T WORK AT LEAST YOU DON’T HAVE TO FILE FOR DIVORCE

YADA YADA PEOPLE WILL SAY ANYTHING JUST TO APPEAR UNIQUE AND GO AGAINST THE MASSES

COMMON SENSE IS JUST THAT-IF YOUR DAUGHTER BROUGHT HOME A GUY SHE WAS DATING FOR A MONTH AND ANNOUNCED SHE WAS GETTING MARRIED I HIGHLY DOUBT YOU WOULD BE SINCERELY HAPPY AND NOT CONCERNED

THIS WOMAN HAS BEEN APART FROM OLE BOY FOR TWO YEARS-SO OBVIOUSLY THEIR UNION WASN’T MEANT TO BE-WHAT SHE GOT TO BE SOUR ABOUT SHE GOT THE DAMN KIDS AND I’M CERTAIN IF SHE WANTED TO BE WITH HIM SHE WOULD-HENCE THE FACT THEIR NOT

MOST LIKELY HER DOING AND NOT HIS-IT’S NOT AS IF HE LEFT HER FOR KHLOE HEFFAS ALWAYS WANT TO CLOWN THEMSELVES AND PRETEND LIKE A NICCA IS CHOOSING THEM OVER SOMEONE ELSE TO BOOST THEIR DAMN EGO

HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT YOU (KHLOE) IS THE ONLY ONE THAT WANT HIS ARSE-LOL

free says:

i need to see this with my own two eyes. i don’t put anything past the kardashians. i’ve watched the show on a few boring weekends and they are straight up NOT what the average black man would dare bring home to his mama. i think this is bullsh*t. and kourtney is probably the worst of them all. i didn’t think fellow athletes would wife what their counterparts have already been through. it sounds more like a fake stunt.

MistaO says:

@KaraZ Oh yea no doubt, it is rushing it, my point is, who’s to say that it won’t work? Hell in some parts of the world, you don’t even know your wife or husband before the wedding…and guess what? Many of those unions stand the test of time, go figure…

Could it be staged and what ever? Sure. All’s I’m saying is that if not, at least they are doing something that one would consider appropriate if they believe they are in fact soul mates and in love.

I hardly think that if this was say, Halle Berry and dude when they met, that you’d see such resistance to this “rushed” marriage.

Again, folks all with a downgrade on folks getting married in a hurry, but almost nothing but *******crickets********
    when the topic is out of wedlock births?!?!

I just can’t understand giving more weight to whether or not to get married vs. someone bringing a CHILD into the world. Talk about bassackwards thought processes…

ELove says:

Well HIS Son seems to have alot of sense… He must’ve gotten it from his MOM because his father definitely doesn’t have any THAT’S FOR DAMN SURE

That family he’s supposedly marrying into are A HOUSE OF HOS including The Mother but I guess as long as THEIR Famous Ho(s) that’s all that Lamar is concerned about :shrug:

aqtpie says:

They do have a lot of history together; high school sweethearts, 10 years, 3 kids later and an ending engagement and he turns around and marries a chick after a few weeks. I do believe I personally would be somewhat hurt. Either way hopefully they’ll make the best out of the outcome for the sake of the kids!!

KaraZ says:

@MistaO… arranged marriages “work” in certain societies because divorce isn’t an accepted thing in those same cultures and marriages are used as a tool to solidify business prospects and social standings; basically the cultural values are much different than this anything goes American culture.

I think Lamar and the beefy girl are making a mockery out of marriage and if they go through with it, it will be an #epic fail! I mean they’re going about it as though getting married is the same decision as going to Savannah for the weekend. I see your point about bringing children into this world without a proper family structure of two parents in one home, but let’s not applaud this fcukery the ogre and her current deek are involved in.

missy says:

I don’t believe that because he has children out of wed lock makes it any better but his baby mother may be bitter because she was with him all these years and he never thought of marrying her but there are few people who get married after knowing eah other after 3 wks or so and last a long time and there are people who were living in sin for years got married and divorced months later.I just think that marriage of today isn’t taking serious by a lot of people thats why it doesn’t last and i am not in this situation so they can live there life and do what they want.

MistaO says:

Sad thing about today’s American society is, you got gays who know the value of marriage moreso than heterosexual people? Talk about upside down!

We all see the destruction that’s been visited upon many in this country since the marginalization of marriage yet so many still resist this as truth and will do anything to further destroy this as a valuable societial/cultural tool.

Again, I find it amazing at the volumes of people willing to speak out against someone getting married but if the same people were talking about a child about to be birthed, the conversation would be non-existent. That’s what I find troubling in todays mindsets.

If this aint a sham and they really believe in what they are doing, I can’t wish them nothing but the best…

It’s a trip how folks all cracking on how somebody looks, but on the real, at least they got each other and that’s a whole lot more than I can say for a lot of lonely, miserable people I see everyday…

I haven’t read all the comments, but am I the only one who thinks this is a publicity stunt? It might not be for her, but I’d be willing to bet it is for him.

Kat says:

yeah, getting married after a month is silly to me but i do know a couple that got married after only knowing each other for 4 months and they are going on their 12 year anniversary and are very happy. different strokes for different folks i guess.

Daisy says:

He has 2 kids living the baby died.

I see some ppl feel like the YT folks on the other blog that the baby mama is bitter. I dont know if I think she is bitter maybe if she bashed him I could see it.

I LOVE the Kardashians!!!!!!!

KaraZ says:

@MistaO – I’m against illegitimate children as well. I don’t even go to baby showers for people with no husband & people say I’m mean for that. But a bastard is not something I think should be celebrated in any way.
    I think its a travesty when men decide to deposit their seed in every available orifice and women open their legs to any old idiot with a penis and knowingly bring a child into this world at a disadvantage. The family unit (especially the balck family unit) has been under attack in this country for decades, and people keep buying into it.

That aside, Lamar & this chick need not get married. If they’re soul mates today, they can build their relationship and get to know each other for another 8 – 12 months before making a permanent decision.

Daisy says:

@Karaz SMH WOW Babies do NOT ask to be born and I cussed my teacher out in high school for talking slick about bastard kids the only time I was ever suspended. SIN is SIN none greater or smaller. I do not have kids but I would NOT dare point my finger at somebody else and have THREE coming back at me like I am perfect and my shyt don’t stink. From lying, cheating, GOSSIPING, killing, fornicating etc its all SIN in God’s eyes. I am a sinner saved by grace just like baby mamas my sin just comes in another form.

missy says:

My mother had my brother out of marriage but her and my father did get married(and he only had kids with her) but i don’t think that you should call children illegitimate or a bastard i mean they didn’t ask there parents to have sex and create them.But i believe that once a child is being taking care of in a healthy environment then everything is cool and i really don’t care about khloe and lamar anymore they can do them but i still feel that child(ren) shouldn’t have to be punished because of their parents.

MistaO says:

***Side Bar to the main post topic***

I think we can all agree that children don’t ask to be born but at the same time, in this life, you gotta call a spade a spade, or in this case a bastard a bastard.

Sound unpleasant doesn’t it? Well, I believe we (especially the Black community) need to get back to certain behaviors and concequences being unpleasant to us as a whole. This whole permissive, do what you want when you want, only God can judge me attitude has led to what we see today. I remember my Father talking about how back in “his day” a man who didn’t take care of his family was all but shunned. Nowadays many of those “men” are revered by many and many females will knowingly take those “men” into their homes and make more babies…

We can keep pretending that it has not and has nothing to do with why we are where we are, but alas we will be kidding no one but ourselves. No other group, wholesale, accepts the crap that we do. They don’t get in front of the world and broad cast, but trust, they STILL put a heavy premium on families, intact families. Funny thing is, pretty much only a large segment of the Black community has so firmly given in to these flawed logics and ideas concerning what a family is and should be…

iscream says:

Read some not all comments but this reminds me of the tv show The Game when Malik married Robin Givens for their star to shine brighter.

Steve Harvey wrote that a job makes you wait three months before they offically hire you and give you full benefits so why drop it like its hot before that time. If they are getting married after a month. How long did she wait before she got on her knees and then started juggling mf nuts in her mouth?

missy says:

I don’t believe that having children out of wedlock is a black problem and seeing that lamar odom’s baby mama is a latina it shows.And coming from a black person who is from the caribbean point of view i believe that society as a whole has changed it’s views I mean people use to get married when they were in there late teens and if they got knocked up by someone they were getting married.

However all nationalities deal with these problems and only God can judge us so i agree with daisy when she said that all sins are equal

If he was my baby dad I wouldn’t have anything else to say–but—good luck–hell if it didn’t work between us Im not checking for what you are doing. Who cares anyway maybe she is the one, sometimes your soul connects and bam you want to get married. Anyway I don’t think it takes a man that long to know if he gonna be with with you the rest of his life. My granddaddy told me so, he married my grandmother quickly and she was preggers by another man. So hey to each it’s own good luck to them-white women always get married over black women because they demanded it. We sit back feeling lucky to have what we’ve tell ourselves is a goodman in our life’s and we always using this line “whenever he’s ready he’ll ask” whatever I for one take my hat off to her and Christina Milian both of them got rich man in under a year kudo’s. Sometimes shot gun weeding last the longest anyways,,,

starr says:

*****************

He is without sin cast the first stone.

Well said Daisy!!!

starr says:

As for the post…..I’m with babymama. People forget that…..there are kids involved. Her kids. Khloe is about to become stepmother to kids she met how many times….once, and the other…not at all. If this were me…this shyt wouldn’t fly. I”m sorry. I”m guessing….the condom broke, in the heat of the moment they forgot condoms….and there trying to cover for what may come ahead. Cuz this shyt makes to sense. I thought it was a joke too…heck i ain’t even really believe they were going out. I”ve seen the show….and khloe doesn’t even seem like she was the settledown type. Something is up

ELove says:

@35
    IF MONEY & Being Rich is the deciding factor on getting married then IN MY OPINION that marriage is no better than any other F-ed up union that occurs on the regular and END IN DIVORCE soon after :shrug:

@ starr

what could you do about it? you can’t stop your ex from doing what he wants to. I wouldn’t give a damn I would be like yes another babysitter…lmao and I would have a woman to woman talk with Khole and let her know my foot will be coming out of her mouth if she disrespected my kids, And you guys have to babysit every weekend holla…

I would spend myfree time boo’d up to! I would have made the son go if it was me because she is going to be his step mother and kids don’t have rights. So he feeling like he can choose and thats wrong on the ex part,, Kids don’t have options in my household they do what the fluck I tell them to… He needs to respect his fathers choices like the mom should..

@ELove Says:

I don’t think money is everything but that’s me–I can’t knock another woman’s beliefs hey I feel like do you.. All Im saying I ain’t mad at em for doing them. I don’t believe in men enough to marry one so I wont be getting married. I;m just enjoying the convo because I truely believe that being married is a taboo these days.. I have no faith in a man———–

Daisy says:

@Mista nice try but you need more ppl. just because I refuse to call a kid a bastard doesn’t mean I condone having a kid before marriage esp. at a young age. I work w/ teens in my free time to try to keep them from doing just such.

I don’t like the idea that women black or white should demand marriage per say. I feel if a man wants to marry you he will. I feel a woman should let a man know that is something she wants but even then there is no gurantee that will happen. I believe after 2 yrs IF you want to be married and have kids and he still hasnt put a ring on it then its time for you to make moves IF that is something you want. If you are not pressed or care to be married and want to date or live together forever then by all means DO YOU as well!

ELove says:

@40
    GOTCHA !!!
    Because the things I read from YOU BEFORE, You didn’t strike me as such a person (Thanks for clarifying that comment)
    :wink:

starr says:

********************************

I feel you…….but…lol It just ain’t rite to me. I would expect him to move on…just like i would….but afta month. If there was no kids involved…i’d prob would feel different. I’, prob younger than most on this board, but don’t ex. wives, ex. girlfriends, ex. husbands, ex. boyfriednds want to meet and know the man, woman who’s gonna be playing stepmommy and stepdaddy? Its just not right to me. This whole thing just sounds krazy

aqtpie says:

:rofl: Dang Nichelle at comment 40!!

intensemocha says:

SO WHO WE BLAMING FOR THOSE KIDS BEING BORN OUT OF WEDLOCK

THE DADDY OR THE MAMA-HELL IF SHE HAD THREE KIDS BY HIM I’M CERTAIN SHE WOULD HAVE ACCEPTED A MARRIAGE PROPOSAL

FACT OF THE MATTER YOU CAN’T MAKE A MAN DO SHIAT-EVEN MARRY YOU

AND OTHER THAN HIS WORD THAT HE WANTS TO MARRY YOU UNTIL HE DOES THERE IS NO GUARANTEE

SO YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING ON BETWEEN OLE BOY AND HIS BABY MAMA

BUT BIATCHES STAY BUMPING THEIR GUMS AND TRYING TO MAKE SOMEONE FEEL LESS THAN AND BUILD UP THEIR EGO BASED ON SHIAT THAT WASN’T EVEN THEIR DOING-IF YOUR PARENTS WERE MARRIED WHEN THEY HAD YOU GREAT

BUT THAT FACTOR DOESN’T MAKE YOU BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE-IS THERE SOME SPECIAL MERIT, AWARD, ACHEIVEMENT, SPECIAL CONSIDERATION YOU’VE BEEN GIVEN BECAUSE YOU WERE BORN WITHIN A MARRIAGE?

BIATCH FALL BACK WITH THE YADA YADA……AND THE HOLY IS THOU ATTITUDE

AND FOR THE RECORD MY PARENTS WERE ALSO MARRIED I WAS THE THIRD CHILD THEY MARRIED AT AGE 16 AND DIVORCED A YEAR AFTER I WAS BORN BUT SO FUGGIN WHAT

JUST TO “PROVE” A POINT YOU UP IN HERE CALLING KIDS BASTARDS CAUSE HOEISH AS KHLOE GOT THIS NICCA TO ALLEGEDLY PROPOSE LIKE WOW-WHAT A FUGGIN ACCOMPLISHMENT

ANY DUMMY CAN GET MARRIED-THEY DON’T EVEN MAKE YOU TAKE FUGGIN TEST OR ANYTHING-LET’S SEE IF THEY CAN MAKE THAT SHIAT LAST AFTER 10 YEARS OR SO THEN YOU CAN RUN YOUR MOUTH

BUT ON SOME REAL SHIAT-IN PERSON SOMEONE WOULD HAND YOU YOUR AZZ TALKING THAT BULLSHIAT CALLING THEIR KIDS BASTARDS-WHO GIVES A FUG ABOUT TERMINOLOGY ****S IN THE DICTIONARY TO BUT THAT DON’T MAKE IT TRUE

Anna says:

@ intensemocha,
    I have always said that it’s the parents who are illigitimate(sp)not the kid, kids don’t have a choice.

iscream says:

@ Intense I was waiting for youuuuuuu.

Wow I swear I didn’t want to comment on this post because everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have a son who was brought into this world based off of a long term relationship that didn’t work out. He is loved by both parents and both sides of his family. I do not advocate being a single mother nor do I tear it down. It is what it is.

My parents were married (never divorced my father passed away) when I was born and that didn’t make anything in our household any better.

I just wonder if the people who feel so strong about other people’s choices of having kids without marriage have children themself. The comments came off a little on the bitter/jealous side. To shyt on someone else happiness because it’s not something you would do is IMO true hate.

iscream says:

Mista O said:
    *******************************************
    You do know that the other sister is pregnant by a man she isn’t married to don’t you? And yes she has been on talk shows talking about it. Necole Ritchie just had her 2nd child by a man she isn’t married to, Angelina Jolie has an army of kids and no marriage. Should I go on. STOP trying to make this a black thing. Its NOT!

Babies are blessings from God. If you are ever blessed with some you will learn that.

@iscream Says:

my thing when women do all that no babies before being married–I look at them like girl get yo azz somewhere all I know your childless cuz you’ve been to the chop shop everytime you get knocked up. But you can fool people but your only lying to yourself–shyt happens I have two kids by the same man and yes I could have been his wife. But it wasn’t enough crack you could give me, dollars you could promises me and Jesus could have had a cup of tea with me and told me himself to marry him and I would have told him “sorry Jesus that’s a confirmed negtive not gonna happen.” because he was not any good for me and I wasn’t any good for him. And I spent a lifetime trying to make it work when it was already shattered.

So whatever–my best friend is like that and she just got knocked up and called me crying and shyt I’m looking at her like bish you are almost 30 wtf are the tears for. And the first thing that came out of her mouth was “what are people gonna say” I started to say that what yo azz get always being goodie two shoes but I didn’t” Shyt happens and the bible tells us God never puts more on you than you can bare anyways…

and

@intensemocha Says:

I agree I would cold **** a bish if she would called my child a bastard, and if a bish would tell me she ain’t coming to my baby shower cuz Im not married I would prob slap her azz to. If your love for your family and friends stop at a mistake then I don’t need family like that.

I do think it’s a problem with our teens and I’m starting a program called the goodgirlsclub and I hope all you women who judge sign up to be a big sister so we can help our youth instead of sitting back calling people kids bastard..

and I know what your saying why have kids by him- no condoms- like warm sex and stuck on stupid—peace

**luke warm*** sorry for typo’s

starr says:

I don’t agree wit alot of things intense post….but that was real talk. I didn’t have energy to even comment on that….

Mspeng says:

Well I’m late on this. I don’t appreciate the bastard comment because that’s a very old way of thinking. Some people believe in marriage…some don’t. And circumstances and situations change. For example…what if I were to get married, have a baby and get divorced when the baby is 2 months old. Am I better because my child was born in wedlock? My grandparents got married when my grandmother was pregnant with my mom, who was their 4th child. They were married for 41 years until he passed away. I myself had a baby and got married to her father after my daughter was born. To each his own

daninicole says:

In regard to the whole out of wedlock, bastards, not getting married topic, I am not gonna get into that because I can see both sides of the story, but from the few posts that I read, I will say I agree with Daisy 100% Whoever said they don’t go to babyshowers for women who are not married, are you fugging joking? How dare you? That is a personal choice but damn.Do you also not talk to the children once they grow up? Do you not let your child from your married union play with them? You are no worse than YT folk who won’t let their children go to a birthday party for a black child. JUDGE NOT!!!!