Tameka “Tiny” Cottle Hopes Her Dad Will Escort Her Down the Aisle

Friends and inside sources have been whispering about rapper T.I. and his fiancee Tiny’s “secret” wedding in Miami for months now. The news of the wedding’s date and location (this weekend) was made public by a number of radio and blogs last week.

When the couple finally say their “I do’s” after 9 years together, they will be surrounded by close family and friends, including their combined children from outside relationships.

But the most important family member there will undoubtedly be Tiny’s dad, Charles Pope, who suffers from Alzheimer’s disease. Tiny’s parents, Mr. Pope and her mom Dianne Cottle-Pope, were introduced to her fans in episodes of her popular Tiny & Toya Show on BET.

Mr. Pope is a proud man who continued to perform as the last founding member of the group The Tams even as the disease began taking its toll on him. Now inside sources say Mr. Pope can no longer walk or talk. Tiny hopes that he will be well enough to escort her down the aisle on her happy day this weekend.

Friends and family have rallied to assist Dianne with Mr. Pope’s care. Her helping hands includes one of Tiny’s childhood friends who arrives from work every evening to help out. She is a strong woman who lifts Mr. Pope from his chair and carries him to his bed.

Even Tiny’s 5-year-old son King pitches in. From the moment he wakes up in the morning, King is by his grandaddy’s side watching over him making sure he’s OK.

The family is currently working out the logistics of getting Mr. Pope to Miami because he requires total care. The director of T.I. and Tiny’s Alzheimer’s foundation (For The Love of Our Fathers) is sending a licensed nurse to Miami with Mr. Pope to look after him.

The family is considering whether to fly him to Miami first-class or bus him there by custom coach — a grueling trip of over 16 hours.

If all goes well, Mr. Pope will escort his daughter Tiny down the aisle in a wheelchair.

Family friends say that, in addition to getting her husband to Miami, Diane has to contend with false rumors that she somehow forced T.I. into marrying her daughter. “She’s very upset by that,” said a friend.

“Please tell [your readers] that Dianne did not force T.I. to marry Tiny. He loves her and wants to marry her. They’ve been together this long [9 years], they might as well be getting married.”

103 Responses to “Tameka “Tiny” Cottle Hopes Her Dad Will Escort Her Down the Aisle”

Al-Ameera says:

I love Tiny’s relationship with her dad. I hope he can be part of her special day

TruGemini says:

So sad about Tiny’s father and I cannot imagine what she and her family must be feeling…

So with that being said, I won’t even say anything about this “marriage” that’s supposed to be going down soon

CWhatsHerFace says:

:pray: Keep the faith Diane, My grandma has Alzheimers, lawd, and it isn’t easy dealing with her.

Krysi J says:

There were no rumors of Diane forcing TI to marry Tiny until you posted this article….. yall ain slick :coffee:

GOODMORNING SR!! :grin:

Nika405 says:

:think: Did you get your invitation yet Sandra? This whole post is just sad. If Tiny’s dad can no longer walk or talk did you really need to put all of that out there? What happened to respecting the family’s privacy?
    SMDH and then everybody wonders why people have problems with Bloggers.

I hope the family continue to be supportive and strong. Dealing with a debilatating disease/disorder can be emotionally draining. I know from first hand experiences.

SN: Tiny parents last name is Pope and she has her mom’s maiden name?

Man, I just don't care™ says:

Tiny should get someone young and healthy to “escort” her because her ugly azz goin run down that aisle like LeBron through the paint for a dunk.

eastpointvet says:

i hope he gets to take her down the isle im sure for women who have good relationships with their fathers nothing can beat that feeling

nevesnanna says:

:think: and the reason why they can’t get married in Atlanta and spare her father the travel is for WHAT reason exactly? :waiting:

sanaas says:

God bless Tiny’s dad i hope he gets to walk his baby down the aisle..Sandra you going to the wedding being as tho you are there
    biggest cheerleader?

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

I know there’s nothin like the feelin of havin ur dad walk u down the aisle (my bytchazz dad didnt show up bu that’s another story) so I hope all works out for them! I agre some stuff shouldn’t be posted unless Tiny decides to post it like the fact that he cant walk or talk!

:shotsfired: at T.I. for waitin so damn long!

TruGemini says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

____________________________________________________

Lawd, Lawd, Lawd…. :rofl: :rofl:

Ebony says:

I never heard the rumors of Diane forcing TI to marry Tiny :shrug: I’m happy there getting married. TI can focus on other things, since his music isn’t hot right now :coffee:

crystal says:

Tameka is a Pope, she just uses the last name Cottle. @ Man I just don’t care, I don’t think she have to run. Tip will be there waiting for her just like he was waiting all this time for her to say I do.

yvonne79 says:

Wishing Tiny and TI the best on their upcoming nuptials. Regarding her father, I pray he is well enough to see his baby girl exchange vows.

khandi25 says:

Why not just have a small family ceremony in ATL so her dad can be part of the wedding. Then go to Miami and celebrate! Think about your father’s well being and not your own selfishness. I understand it is her day, but if your father is that sick, he does not need to travel…

Man, I just don't care™ says:

@CRYSTAL
    “I don’t think she have to run. Tip will be there waiting for her just like he was waiting all this time for her to say I do.”
    _____________________________________________________________________________

¿¿¿ :blink: ???

T.I. prolly goin be there held at gunpoint, restrained and drugged. I still believe this “marriage” was part of his sentencing agreement for the gun possession conviction.

**SAY NO TO GUNS**

Mamacita says:

This is a sad situation and I’ll keep them in my :pray:. I’ve never been married but I’m sure that having your dad escort you down the aisle on that big day is a feeling second to none.

Ebony says:

I’m happy TI and Tiny are not pimping their wedding to the media like LaLa did

FreeToSpeakUp says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@CRYSTAL
    _____________________________________________________________________________

¿¿¿ ???

**SAY NO TO GUNS**

————————-

Nika405 says:

@Ebony they are not pimping out their wedding because the mainstream media does not care. But it has been the talk of the black blogs/radio all week. Some station in ATL posted the invite and the corny azz poem that was inside.

crystal says:

@Man, I just don’t care :no: @khandi25 is condition just got worse, @ the time he was able to still walk her. With Alzheimers things can change rapidly. My grandmother has Alzheimers she asked me yesterday when are you going to have kids. Last month we were just having a conversation about everything.

MS.G says:

@Man…u goin down Son!..lol..it’s too damn early for you to be on joke time…lmao

Man, I just don't care™ says:

@FREE
    “You really think after being DOGGED the heck out, she waited until he went to jail to make an “agreement” upon his release for marriage and T.I. just obliged at the offer as if there aren’t dozens of chicks waiting in line to be Mrs. Clifford Harris.”
    ___________________________________________________________________________

LOL. No, SHE didn’t do anything but play her posistion as an ugly chick should.

What happened was T.I. had to change his image, so before sentencing, he told the judge and probation officer he was going to “marry the mother of his kids” and chit like that. You know, to get some leninacy and chit. :yes:

**nigga waited forever and a day but after goin to jail for a short stint ready to get married** :wtf:

mzvirgo78 says:

It does not take 16 hours to drive from Atlanta to Miami. :coffee:

FloridaChick813 says:

I cried on the episode of Tiny & Toya when Tiny and her pops were sittin on the couch singing. It trully touched my :heart:

Hope all works out for the wedding this coming weekend, but I agree with Nevesnanna, why couldnt they just do it in ATL???

LilMissRed says:

so wait.. Tinys MOM is FORCING TI to marry her?? GTFOH! SERIOUSLY??? hmph! NEVER heard that.. doesnt even sound ‘DO-ABLE’

kearalove says:

I :heart: Tiny even more for this! I hope that her father is well enough to walk her down the aisle, too.

Morning SR Fam!!

Tyzgurl says:

———————————————————————–
    :rolleyes:

Wth? Yeah, that will disprove (sp) the rumors. They might as well be getting married?

I don’t want any negro marrying me cuz we might as well do so.

Mamacita says:

@Man “**nigga waited forever and a day but after goin to jail for a short stint ready to get married**”

I want to know this same thing! Does it really take almost 10 years to figure out you want to marry someone? :shrug:

ardentphotog says:

Seems like she would have a private wedding at the house, to accomodate her father, and then haver her over the top lavish wedding on at her own expense.

She seems like a sefish b*tch, putting her ailing father through all this just to have him walk her down the aisle on her wedding day- he probably don’t even know :wtf: is going on.

why follow tradition now? All of this should have been planned and executed BEFORE those big head kids got here, eh?

kwall says:

I fell in LOVE with Tiny’s family on the show. Love Ms. Diane. She is strong woman. And her love for her husband brought tears to my eyes. I want to steal Tiny’s momma and add her to my other mother figures. And that is sad folks are saying that she MADE Tip marry that girl.

Please ask Kim Porter if you do not believe me. :coffee:

Mamacita says:

@Tyzgurl “I don’t want any negro marrying me cuz we might as well do so.”

:cosign:

Man, I just don't care™ says:

@KWALL
    “As we all nothing and nobody can MAKE a man do shat. Not standing by him. Not scaring him by leaving. Not birthing his babies. ”

Shiiiiiiiiiid. It’s called “prison.” Offer to take a few years/months/days off a nigga sentence and that nigga’ll be buddist monk.

Al-Ameera says:

:offtopic: Did anyone see Foxy at BB Kings last night? Dang she has really changed. Still trying to look like the Fox of 18 years old but she is NOT that person anymore….let it go, seriously

aqtpie says:

I :heart: me some Tiny. I hope she makes the right decisions so that her father can be there on her big day!!!

kearalove says:

@Al
    Did she have that Wet N Wild #451 lipstick on again?

kwall says:

Please ask Kim Porter if you do not believe me.
    _________________________

:cosign: Everything

ardentphotog says:

And the baby hair slicked down with the AmPro Gel – YOU KNOW IT :rofl:

kearalove says:

Please ask Kim Porter if you do not believe me.

:preach: Kwall!!

Nika405 says:

To all those who are saying what Tiny should do. It has not been confimed that her father really can’t walk or talk. If Sandra didn’t even get an invite how credible is her information? She could have made all of this up because she’s not invited and is feeling a little salty.

iciaantica says:

I hope her father will be able to escort her down the aisle.I can tell how much she really loves her father from watching the show.

ardentphotog says:

I don’t think Sandra would make somethinglike this up. Really, it ain’t even news-worthy. It may be a slow news day, but I guarantee, there’s better stuff to talk, about!

Al-Ameera says:

kearalove says:

@Al
    Did she have that Wet N Wild #451 lipstick on again?
    ————————-
    Yes, that and worse. She has gained like 50-70 pounds, has a muffin top and had on this skin tight short short ultra revealing dress that everything was busting out of. They have the pics on another site. google it. Lord you will be traumatized

daninicole says:

This story (without Sandra’s negative spin) makes my heart melt. I am getting married in 34 days and my fiance and I have been dating for 9 years. I am excited about alot of things but one of the things that I am really waiting on is my daddy walking me down the aisle. I am a true daddy’s girl the walk down the aisle with him will be the highlight of my wedding (for me anyway)

kearalove says:

@Al–no ma’am :no: I am not trying to lose my eyesight just yet…I’m still recovering from the sight of Pebblez azz :lol:

:blink: @Al

Why in thee h3ll did she squeeze into that lil as.s outfit??? And who in thee h3ll gave her the okay to wear it??? And that hair.

#TeamNEEDtoDoBETTER

Congrats daninicole :cheer:

crystal says:

WOW @ some of the comments. I don’t blame them for wanting thier wedding locked down and private. Every other comment on a post about her is how ugly she is or she looks pretty in this picture this time. The happiest day of her life is coming up and she is being called names or judged. I wonder how the comments will be on the saddest day in her life? And some of the same people who be calling her ugly be looking like death eating a soda cracker.

Nika405 says:

@Ardent I do think she would do it. Sandra is an ATL celebs bestfriend until they don’t invite her to something or don’t send that check in. And it might not be newsworthy to most, but in ATL this would be news. Tiny hasn’t mentioned anything on Twitter about any of this. According to her they were in Hawaii 2-3 days ago. So if he’a as sick as he is and needs around the clock critical care…….a vaction is not what most people would be doing right now. Until Monica confirms this Sandra needs more people. :coffee:

FreeToSpeakUp says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@FREE
    ___________________________________________________________________________

LOL. No, SHE didn’t do anything but play her posistion as an ugly chick should.

———————————-

There’s no possibility that prison humbled T.I.? I don’t know, that last episode of Tiny and Toya, T.I. seemed to be really into Tiny. Some men do grow old of doing that same old crap over and over.

Nika405 says:

:cheer: Congrats Daninicole :cheer:

#Teammarriage

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

#teammarriagesucks :cheer:

Morning @Free, how you doin boo?? :hug:

:cosign: this Some men do grow old of doing that same old crap over and over.

I’ve heard MANY of men over the age of 30 say “Im tired of the #hoshyt, Im ready to find ‘the one’.”

Fugg what anybody says, T.I. LOVES that girl!

Al-Ameera says:

Just an FYI in case some of you are not aware, when you plan a wedding, generally you book the venue, if it is a spot in high demand, AT LEAST a year in advance which includes a 50% deposit or more, then you send out save the dates or invites, book food, flowers, etc which are done MONTHS in advacne.

I said all this to say Tiny’s dad was ill last year but still walking and performing. You guys act like she literally just planned this wedding last week. My grandfather was up and well and the next day had a stoke and was never able to walk again. Changes in health can really just up and happen like that. And, not to mention all the guest that have booked airfare and hotel accomadations. You assume everyone attending is rich and has money to just throw away and can just re-arrange their plans in a week.

I think people have doubted that TI was going to marry her for so long (When actually I heard it was her that was holding it off)that you just want to find something wrong with this wedding. But at the end of the day, if her dad is too ill to attend and can’t walk, chances are if they had it in ATL he would still not be able to walk her down the aisle.

FloridaChick813 says:

:blink: @Brown. What the h3ll???

AND WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN???? BISH BEEN WORRIED ABOUT YOU AND SH.IT?!?!?! YOU CANT RETURN EMAILS OR TEXTS?????? :mad:

daninicole says:

Thanks ladies!! I agree with everyone about being nasty toward Tiny. Hopefully at the end of the day she ignores the BS and gets married. That is my plan. There are already a few small kinks that we see coming up and I am worried about them now, but on my wedding day, I’m gone be focused on getting married.

Ebony says:

And the plot thickens :coffee:

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

BEEEEYYYYYOOOOTTTCCHHHH

I DONT KNOW WHO THE HELL U EMAILED OR TEXT BUT IT WASN’T ME!

Redeemed777 says:

Congrats to T.I. and Tiny. First steps to doing the right thing.

Al-Ameera says:

@ Flo did you see the pics of Inga? Foxy for real, you need to cuss all of your so-called friends and stylst if you have one for not telling you that ish was just a :nono: I mean no matter her size she could have found something flattering for her.

FreeToSpeakUp says:

FloridaChick813 says:

Morning @Free, how you doin boo??

this Some men do grow old of doing that same old crap over and over.

Fugg what anybody says, T.I. LOVES that girl!
    ———————————————

Hey lil mama :hug: Good mor-ting!!! I believe people get tired of all that, I did and T.I. or anyone else is no exception. If he never marries her its a problem now he decides to marry the girl and its STILL a problem. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t :coffee:

attorneymom says:

Prayers for Mr. Charles Pope.

Join the Sister Circle of Prayer Mon-Fri. 7:00 am – 7:15 am EST by calling 712-432-0075 Press 128845#.

I think they are having a prayer session tonight at 7:30 pm EST.

Choco says:

Awww such an inspiring story so glad family and friends are pulling together for Tiny’s father even lil King is acutely aware of how important a loving and supportive family is.

I :pray: Tiny’s wishes come true and may strength and resilience always been on their side.

Oh Happy Monday All :grin:

Choco says:

@AttorneyMom
    Good look on posting that info :yes:

FloridaChick813 says:

@Brown, well did you get the email I sent you this morning??

FreeToSpeakUp says:

Hey Choco Honey :hug:

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

no ma’am

FloridaChick813 says:

I agree @Al. She was stuffed into that…. outfit… ??? IDK what to call it… :shrug: Shi.t looked a dam.n MESS!!!

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t

:preach: My guy says he has out grew his “pimpin days” :rolleyes: I think its cause he’s almost 30 and has a receading hairline :lol: But we keep it bald! My favorite thing to say to him “you’ll neverrrrr finndddd…… blum blum blum blum… a hair line like mine….” :rofl:

Al-Ameera says:

@ Flo, that was an outfit for the person in your gravi, not the Foxy of today, sorry :shrug:

daninicole says:

@ AL-AMEERA :cosign:
    My fiance proposed last August, the wedding is this August, and we booked the reception venue last September and there were folks getting married after us and they already had the place booked. I am doing most things on my own (meaning too broke to hire a planner) and according to some I am moving slow (6 to 9 months in advance). So I know if Tiny is really planning a wedding and using an expensive arse wedding planner she probably had stuff booked for a long time. Specially if Clifford told her to gone and get the plans together.

ardentphotog says:

:offtopic: did anyone see 60 minutes and the story they did on Tyler Perry?

I know a lot of people don’t like his shuck and buck style, but you can’t hate on his success at all! Not too many people have their own studio like he does – YOU GO BOY!

kwall says:

Did she have that Wet N Wild #451 lipstick on again?
    —————————
    Yes, that and worse.
    —————————-
    So Fox Booger still did not follow my advice and rebuke the hail outta that pank lipstick huh? Did she at least rebuke that wet and wavy hair? The same hair that she needed the glue for that she beat-a-bish down over at the beauty supply store?

Fox gets a big ole HOESITDOWN from me.

crystal says:

@daninicole. Congradulations I know planning can be very stressful. Don’t turn into a little Bridzilla :-P

chase says:

Foxy looked a hot mess…

All the best to TI and Tiny as well as their families. I don’t understand all the negativity about them and their marriage. I know a lot of people who have been together for years before they decided to get married.

:lol: @Al

I wouldnt dare wear that outfit :no:

chase says:

Also I had my place booked 2 years before I got married. If I wanted to cancel or change date it would of cost me thousands to do so.

chase says:

Shoot Flo and Al that outfit was a nono even if she was in tip top shape that mess was foul..

Al-Ameera says:

@ Daninicole, that is my point exactly. And not trying to downplay you wedding (cuz Im sure it will be the best) but just think if you had the money to really do it up like you wanted too, you may have needed to book the venue 2-3 years in advance.

Weddings are big business and you can just change things up like that

ms.truth says:

Good morning fam. Haven’t been on in a while, but I see that Sandra is up to her usual mess (JD), and Tiny is still the number one topic here.

#anywho, I hope they are actually getting married. T.I. has made her look like a fertile fool for too long.

FreeToSpeakUp says:

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t

My guy says he has out grew his “pimpin days” I think its cause he’s almost 30 and has a receading hairline But we keep it bald! My favorite thing to say to him “you’ll neverrrrr finndddd…… blum blum blum blum… a hair line like mine….”
    —————————–

:rofl: You are evil.

Mamacita says:

@ardent I hate when people come on here and hate on Tyler Perry. Dude was living in his car at one point in his life and now he own his own studio and employs many black actors and actresses. Talk about a COMPLETE turn around. Say what you want but you can’t knock his success. Sometimes it seems that the only people tearing him down are his own people. smh…

ardentphotog says:

:newpost: Sandra, you still around? JD’s goons ain’t got you tied up, do they? Can we get a :newpost: ?

kwall says:

I done went and found the pics. Of Foxy. You know, I know Lil Kim is somewhere having the last laugh over that heffa. Cause even with the plastic surgery that done turned her into an Asian lady, the prison time, getting played by her friends, she STILL (IMO) got the better end of 90’s female rappers. She is an icon.

Foxy on the other hand needs to find her a celeb weight loss show, a celebrity roommate show, a celebrity rehab show…something. STAT.

Al-Ameera says:

@ Kwall, I don’t think she got your memo. Please resend. And where is OTB, Foxy needs a help, hurry!

@ Flo, tow of you could have fit in that dress.

@ Chase, did you see how her boobs were spilling out, that was like and overdose of spillage

ms.truth says:

@daninicole… about your gravatar! I use the one with the bridesmaids for my wedding site. I use it as the pic for my bridal shower event. It’s so cute!

Al-Ameera says:

@ Kwall, Lil Kim did dancing with the stars, Fox should so celeb fit club cuz goodness. She is such a pretty girl too

kearalove says:

Cause even with the plastic surgery that done turned her into an Asian lady,
    :rofl: kwall you’s a fool! :rofl:

HEEEYYYY MS TRUTH :D

:rofl: @Al

kearalove says:

@Al :rofl: :yes: to Fox Boogie on Celeb Fit Club! I would watch it then!

ms.truth says:

oh i haven’t been here in a while for real. Lol didn’t know it was a :waves: emoticon now.

MzDetermined says:

I hope everything goes well and her father is able to walk her down the aisle…I wish Tiny, TI and their family the best I am happy for them:)

Al- in my world Foxy is :champ: over Kim and her foolishness so… :/

*whispers* She does need a makeover though. For real!

Al-Ameera says:

@ OTB, I mos def put Foxy over Kim and I think Fox is a pretty girl but her size 2 hey day is over. just wear something your size and get some good remi hair and stop bying the micro fiber yaki.

She can come back from this with a lil help. I know it

htown-chick says:

YALL KILL ME SPEAKING UP ON THE NEXT PERSONS RELATIONSHIP ! HOW DO YOU KNOW WHY TI CHOSE TO MARRY HER? HOW DO U KNOW WHEN HE STARTED BEING INTO HER? SMH
    AND IT’S THEIR WEDDING..THEY CAN HAVE IT WHERE THEY PLEASE! HAVE U EVER THOUGHT THEY MAYBE THEY DIDN’T WANT TO HAVE IT IN ATL? SMH SOME OF YALL NEED A LIFE!

htown-chick says:

Al-Ameera says:

………….
    WHEN U HAVE MONEY AND CLOUT THEREIS NO NEED TO BOOK A VENUE IN ADVANCED …REGULAR PPL DO THAT

lnp03 says:

My thoughts and prayers are with Tiny, Ms. Dianne and Mr. Pope. My Grandma suffered from Alzheimer’s. It is very difficult disease to deal with. My Dad was also starting to suffer from it before he passed. My prayer is that Mr. Pope will be able to walk Tiny down the aisle next week.

TruGemini says:

I’ma have to kinda sorta agree with Man. Not that I think TI is being forced by the federal government to marry Tiny…but I DON’T think it’s gonna go down and I DO think that Tiny will wait, and wait, and wait, and wait :waiting: and wait and wait :think: and wait for damn ever…she AIN’T going no where and he knows that

:lolol: Al-

I swear she need to do Celeb Fit Club like they said upthread! Fox too volatile though. LOL

ladyloca says:

I hate that about Mr. Pope. That is so sad. I pray for strength for the family

SouthernPrincess says:

I pray that Tiny’s father is able to walk her down the aisle.
    My father passed away 1 year ago this month and my heart aches because my dad isn’t here to walk me down the aisle and he won’t see his baby have babies.
    May God bless Tiny and her family