Antonia “Toya” Carter Celebrates Grand Opening of GARB Boutique

Last week a loyal reader asked me why I didn’t post anything about the Grand Opening of Antonia “Toya” Carter’s boutique. Well, thanks to ATLien, I can post the pics from the event.

In addition to being a reality TV personality and an Atlanta socialite, Toya can now add entrepreneur to her growing resume!

As you know, Toya is one part of the popular “Tiny and Toya Show” on BET, which I hear is going to be revived now that Tiny’s husband T.I. is back behind bars until at least next Summer.

Click link to read more

Toya opened her clothing boutique last weekend (Oct. 23) using the funds she made from her show. She celebrated the occasion with family, friends and her man Memphitz who I hear is very good to her.

I hear that Toya is the woman Lil Wayne was musing about in his last letter from prison, which I posted yesterday. Click here if you didn’t see it. Toya’s a lucky woman to have 2 famous men hotly pursuing her!

Speaking of friends, Kandi Burruss (Real Housewives) made sure she didn’t miss the Grand Opening. As you know, Kandi has a boutique which almost went under last year before I wrote a post about her neglecting her duties as a business woman. You’ll be happy to hear that Kandi spends more time inside the store helping to promote her business rather than focusing all of her attention on her Internet sex show.

Photos courtesy of JoiPearson.com

75 Responses to “Antonia “Toya” Carter Celebrates Grand Opening of GARB Boutique”

Toya(and her teeth) look nice….that’s all I got :yawn:

yvonne79 says:

Toya looks really nice here. I am feeling her necklace…
    @Renegade: Cute pic! :thumbsup:

ShoYaRight says:

Ain’t no good gon come to Toya, till she do right by Lyfe Jennings baby momma.

Man, I just don't care™ says:

I :heart: Toya!!! A true LADY in every sense of the word. She looks delectable in these pics.

As does Rasheeda (or whatever her name is).

meanNsurly says:

You can tell her and her family are from the hood!

Also is Rasheeda wearing Sh!t by Sheree?

Nika405 says:

Awww Rasheeda wore some different shoes #bouttime. Toy’s mouth/smile looks a little off. Like her teeth are too big or something.

CFREE says:

I wish Rasheeda wud chill out with the braids on the side, that chit is so played out unless ur 12 yrs old

ySoSerious says:

If what you say is true Sandra; I wouldn’t call any woman being pursued by Wayne or T.I. “lucky” in any sense of the word. :no:

pinksghetti says:

That’s great that she is going into business for herself. She is pretty and Rasheeda is very pretty. Reginae is growing up to be pretty too. Memphitz is nice looking.

lakercrazy says:

TOYA LOOKS NICE :yes: AND WICH ONE IS HER BF???

ySoSerious says:

I don’t know about her being a “true LADY” but Toya’s pretty cute here. :thumbsup:

lakercrazy says:

Ain’t no good gon come to Toya, till she do right by Lyfe Jennings baby momma.
    ___________________________
    PLEASE EXPLAIN DID THEY GET INTO SOME KINDA ARGUMENT OR WHAT??

QueenSJ says:

Congrats to Toya. All the ladies look nice.. I just wished Kandi would switch up that thing she calls a hairstyle…

Thetruth32 says:

lakercrazy says:

TOYA LOOKS NICE AND WICH ONE IS HER BF???

—————
    he is in the 3 pic

Man, I just don't care™ says:

Lil Gremlin ain’t even good enough to be in the presence of Toya. Neither is Mephisto… lookin like a fat Lance Gross impersonator. All that grease and chit in his hair.

Thetruth32 says:

good Morning all!!!!

Toya look nice

cheeks8683 says:

Thats it! I’m gonna grap myself a rapper/ball-player so that I can get a boutique! I have great fashion sense!

Phrozen1der says:

Toya is sexy, especially when she does’nt try and speak…. :yes:

StillASassyOne says:

ySoSerious says:

“If what you say is true Sandra; I wouldn’t call any woman being pursued by Wayne or T.I. “lucky” in any sense of the word.”

________________________________

@Yso

:hug: I love you for saying what I was thinking!

And Toyais very pretty, as is Rasheeda, (who I noticed you neglected to mention in ANY of the photos she’s in, Sandra. What happened there? :coffee:)…

…But Rasheeda was soooo pretty from that one side with the long hair, then turned to the other and ghetto-fied it up with the braids. *sigh* You’re too pretty not to have any class, Ra-Ra. Leave being a hoodrat to the ugly chicks, please and thanks!

Thetruth32 says:

the letter could be about Shanell… they was together before jail #justsayin

Str8Cpt says:

Who is that beautiful lady in the white? :blink:

She outshines Toya by 10000000000% :bow:

ELove says:

@Man… SAID
    “I :heart: Toya!!! A true LADY in every sense of the word.”

^^^ :blink:

@Phrozen :rofl:

Milan Millian says:

Toya is so cute! Go girl! Doing big things!

CHARBEE says:

CFREE says:

__________________________________________________________
    I was thinking the same thing. ;)

CHARBEE says:

Kandi’s hair never looks cute she needs a new stylist for her hair. It i a good thing she dresses cute.

Phrozen1der says:

@ELove :yes:

Man, I just don't care™ says:

@PHROZEN
    “Toya is sexy, especially when she does’nt try and speak…. ”
    _______________________________________________________________________

I love Toya’s beautiful New Orleans accent.

CHARBEE says:

I happen to think Memphitz is handsome. Man you are just hating right now……

MissHarlem says:

I am glad she is doing something with her self bless her heart

ELove says:

And Bless YOUR Heart Too (Boo…) :kiss:

AprilRain says:

Good for Toya!! I’m happy for her and I hope her new venture does well! And Sandi, u know darn tootin well Tiny’s bout to get probation/community service, nobody wants to watch ole girl locked up in her (mansion) or pickin trash……anywhoo, I thought all Wayne’s baby mom’s were gonna make a not so reality show???? I’d much rather watch how all of them try so hard to be Toya :-)

Man, I just don't care™ says:

@CHARBEE
    “I happen to think Memphitz is handsome. Man you are just hating right now……”
    _________________________________________________________________________

¿¿¿ :blink: ???

When did tellin the truth become “hating?” If Lance Gross gained bout 40 lbs or so, you tellin me them niggas wouldn’t look like twins???

Word is some that grease got in his eye and that’s why Mephisto always wearing shades.

Daisy says:

Who knew

imarie aka lalie says:

Thanks for the post Sandy!!! I’m proud of Toya at least she’s trying to do something positive.

CHARBEE says:

Umm what I wanna know is where was Tiny????????? I bet Tip told her to stay at home.

StillASassyOne says:

@Charbee

Naw- Tiny was off somewhere getting fitted for her state issued uniform that she’ll perform her community service in. She’s off today to go get some orange highlights in her hair to match it…. :coffee:

I always, always, always (did I say alawyas?) Hate what Kandi and/or Rasheeda is wearing. Always. :no:

Now Miss Toya, looka here… *Z snaps and chit* Girlfriend, dont tell me you been working out and got a stylist???? Much improved!

Go Black business women! :cheer:

Good luck to her.

Princess Smarty-Pants says:

I’d stop into that boutique. Anybidy been to kandi’a lately? What’s it called agin, I want to check out he website.

@Daisy and @Rene have you all stopped into Tameka’s home store boutique yet?

MissHarlem says:

@ PRINCESS its called TAGS I havent been to the website lately but when I did go it wasnt all that finished to me

@ EBABY thanks hun :kiss:

Man, I just don't care™ says:

@PRINCESS
    “As far as Toya’s business ventures, I’m more interested in the book she is allegedly shopping about her relationship and marriage to Lil Wayne.”
    _______________________________________________________________________

We met.
    We flucked.
    We had a baby.
    We married.
    We broke up.
    The End.
    **save your money**

Who the heck is Memphitz???
    Toya and Reginae are gorgeous and I never ever ever want to see Kandi, hear about Kandi, or read about Kandi again she irks everything in me :mad:

West Coast Chick says:

thats really good for her.. she seems to be a good girl.. her boyfriend is a cutie too :thumbsup:

Ace says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@PHROZEN
    “Toya is sexy, especially when she does’nt try and speak…. ”
    _______________________________________________________________________

I love Toya’s beautiful New Orleans accent.
    ————————————————————————–
    That chit turn you on too…she got the perfect NO accent..its strong enough to make her unique but no too heavy where you can’t understand her..the fact that she is sexy as all hell helps too…

she definitely could get it.. :hump:

teredrews says:

@ShoYaRight says:
    Ain’t no good gon come to Toya, till she do right by Lyfe Jennings baby momma.

Do telllll. waitin on response :coffee:

Time for a change Rasheeda and Candi-the hairstyles are OUT.
    Happy for you Toya

Phrozen1der says:

@Man LOL you got it big homie! :thumbsup:

jay Bee says:

thats wats up…NOLA luv ya heard meh!

oh yeah look @ security in the bckground of the 1st pick, do he have to be that husky.. all tight n what not

Al-Ameera says:

Reginae is a cutie, reminds me how Wanye use to look, when he was a cute, clean, plain teeth 15 year old

jay Bee says:

my bad the 4th pic…

Phrozen1der says:

@ACE perhaps it’s because I’m from New York that her word usage sounds a bit put off to me..I just like her to smile and play in her hair….#Thatisall :shrugs:

attorneymom says:

Sandra writes, “Well, thanks to ATLien, I can post the pics from the event.” :rofl:

Congrats to Toya on the opening of her boutique.

They say Memphitz is a woman better. They being K. Michelle. :coffee: <— iced from Dunkin Donuts.

CHARBEE says:

:offtopic:

I have a question. If a man hits a woman, does that mean he hits every one he is on a relationship with???????????

dckimmie74 says:

Al-Ameera says:

________________________

I saw that Juvenile “Ha” video and it reminded that wasn’t always a gremlin… Reginae is growing into a cutie patootie..

dckimmie74 says:

They say Memphitz is a woman better. They being K. Michelle. <— iced from Dunkin Donuts.
    _______________________________

I read that a few months ago. It was a juicy story. I wonder if she's still on his label…

Phrozen1der says:

@Charbee if you let the media and nosey folks tell it he will. There are ABUSERS, and then there are cats who got caught up in the moment. Both parties being wrong, but someone who does it once let’s say a chick was fighting/attacking him etc…doesn’t mean he’ll be a repeat offender…*steps off my soapbox* :cofee: <—-Really Strawberry Fanta

Phrozen1der says:

iscream says:

New store called GARBage….. :coffee:

Danielle84 says:

Congrats to Toya! Love to see Black people doing well. Reginae is adorable!

TruGemini says:

:rofl: and :nono: at the same time over Kandi and them damn pants blending in with that table cloth. She be lookn (and sounding) a mess at all times…

Reginae look JUST LIKE that nicca! :blink:

@12 – Lyfe Jennings baby mama was supposed to be on the show, and so was Kandi but don’t know what happened with that, instead of Toya. Say Toya went around bad mouthing and using her connects to get Lyfe’s baby mama kicked off and her put on… :shrug: Thats just what i heard…

OHoney says:

Good for her…..really!

Danielle84 says:

CHARBEE says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Naw I don’t think so. I think it depends on the woman to be honest. No woman deserves to be hit point blank but men know who will accept certain behavior and who won’t IMO! just saying what I’ve seen.

Choco says:

Toya=Wonky Face :lol:

AlabamaSky says:

@LakerCrazy according to Joy, (Lyfe Jennings’ baby mama) Toya was sleeping with one of the producers on the show and talked him into kicking Joy and Christina (Ludacris’ baby mama) off the show. Joy says the whole show was her idea, and Toya basically jacked it from her. :rolleyes:

Danielle84 says:

Toya’s teeth do look nice :yes:

lakercrazy says:

@alabama oh ok :shrug: cwazy baby mamas

bnatural says:

Toya looks great! There is something off about her teeth…Her daughter is so cute and Memphitz or whatever his name is looks pretty good as well…

I could care less about Joy Bounds :coffee: …She needs to focus on her own hustle…stop blaming others. Who would want to see her on TV anyway?

Danielle84 says:

CFREE says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :cosign:

ShoYaRight says:

Thanks TruGemini for summarizing.
    @ lakercrazy and teedrews – the overseer summoned me to the big house so i’s sorry i didn’t respond sooner.

Since I can’t post a link to the website…i copied one of the post from there and pasted it below. Check it out. This is from Sep of 2009. Yes, I do remember chit.

Speaking of reality show stars, there is some drama going on behind the scenes of the “Tiny and Toya” show. Joy Bounds (ex-fiance of singer Lyfe Jennings) is speaking out and claiming she came up with the concept of the show that would have included Christine White (Ludacris’s baby mother), KANDI, Toya and Tiny. The show was supposed to focus on their lives and eventually spin off into a late night talk show. HOWEVER, she claims that Toya had some sort of falling out with the other girls and had them all booted from the show (except for Tiny) because of her relationship with a friend of one of the producers. Check out Joy’s letter revealing her side of the story below:

Mrs. Grapevine,

I am happy to leave this matter up to the legal process and God. However, with the recent blogs and the emails I’ve received, I realize it’s important that I say something. I don’t want young ladies to think its cool to be disloyal or strive to become a “baby mama“. First, I’d never advise anyone to have a child out of wedlock I don’t care who the daddy is.

Second; hardwork, honesty, loyalty and respect are the keys to success. They will take you further than the opposite.

Yes I created a reality show and yes I reached out to Tameka “Tiny” Cottle and Christine White to do the show. At that point, Toya Carter was already my friend so naturally I approached her first. The show I created was not a frivolous “baby mama” show, rather a chance to redefine that image through a reality show on our lives then spin off to a late night talk show. I’m disappointed to see my vision turned into the stereotype.

Even though I was urged by advisors to have a contract in place, I went against my better judgment trusting that my “friends” word was bond. It wasn’t. We had 2 deals on the table, interest from 4 networks, a promotional photo shoot, a top notch attorney, a company together and I had just left a meeting when I got a call from Toya saying she no longer wanted to do the show because of Kandi Burruss who replaced Christine after she and Toya bumped heads. In the meeting Toya seemed like a totally different person than the friend I knew and loved. She even insulted Kandi in front of the executive we were meeting with. The next week Toya’s “scene” made sense when I got a call from Tiny telling me that she and Toya were doing the show alone.

Kandi contacted the producer to ask what happened. He let her know that Toya had called him asking that he do the show with just her. He requested Tiny. Mind you, this is the same producer I fell out with when he tried to persuade us to negotiate our deal over shots of Patron at his hotel.

Toya was indeed in a “courtship” with this producer’s friend and based on some things she spat out at the meeting, I believe he was in her ear for his and the producer’s interest.

I will continue to pursue the “created by” credit I deserve on “The Tiny & Toya Show” as it is the same concept I created minus me, Christine or Kandi as well as the intelligent balance we bring. For the record, my credit request was made before the show aired so no, I didn’t decide to sue based on ratings.

Everything happens for a reason and I’m happy to have learned the truth about my circle before I invested anymore love, time and money. I’m not mad at anybody. I am mostly disappointed that we failed to stick together and broadcast a positive representation of black women on television.

I’m grateful God has used this hurtful situation to teach me and bless me.

Peace,
    Joy Bounds

lakercrazy says:

@sho dam Toya wrong in soo many levels for that chit

kingstonn says:

aw, Reginae is so pretty.
    I have no words for anything else.

Daisy says:

Memphis is cute and sexy to me :hump:

AlabamaSky says:

After reading her letter again, I’m just not buying it. Ms. Bounds definitely threw Toya, and Tiny for that matter, under the bus with her Sugar Coated Shade. “it is the same concept I created minus me, Christine or Kandi as well as the intelligent balance we bring“. Oh REALLY? So I guess Tiny and Toya are complete dunces? The Tiny and Toya Show was a far cry from “coonery: (give or take a very few instances.)At the end of the day, it wasn’t a “frivolous baby mama” show, and I just think Ms. Joy needs more people. Just my opinion.

Danielle84 says:

Memphitz does nothing to for me!

Danielle84 says:

Memphitz does nothing for me!