Monica and Shannon Brown Are Married

The word is out: R&B Diva Monica and NBA star Shannon Brown are man and wife.

The rumors have been swirling for two months that Mo and Shannon got married prior to her moving in with her fiance in LA in November. The marriage took place in front of the couple’s parents.

Over the weekend, a reader emailed me to say that Monica went into the Clayton County office 2 weeks ago to change her last name to Brown.

Loyal reader Sheena wrote:

I heard recently thru a friend that Monica is married and keeping things hush! She had her name change recently @ the dmv in clayton county. My friend states since November. Congrats to Monica if this is true.

Normally, I would call my good friend, Monica, and ask her to confirm the rumors myself, but I decided to do what other bloggers stopped doing — research the rumors myself.

The rumors are true: Monica and Shannon Brown are indeed married. An official with the NBA also confirmed the marriage, which took place in Los Angeles on November 22, 2010.

A friend of Shannon Brown’s says he is relieved that the news is out because he respects his wife and he has been wearing his wedding band recently. The friend said Shannon and Monica plan to wed officially in front of family and friends (again) in Los Angeles in June.

Congrats to the happy couple!

234 Responses to “Monica and Shannon Brown Are Married”

Mamacita says:

:blink:

:blink:

….

Danielle says:

Congrats to them! Shannon is too cute!

Daisy says:

Congrats if true :heart:

They make a cute couple and I am glad she seems to have found true love!

KDub says:

:popcorn: as I wait for all the “Monica is a sinner” folks to show up…

Congrats Mo!!!!

Nicksocrazy says:

Congrats to Them. Praying it last!

iciaantica says:

Yay! I love them together! Black love!!!!!

Pikaso says:

Good upgrade from Rocko Monica!

KK76 says:

CONGRATS, MO! :woot:

Anna says:

The marriage took place in front of the couples parents, Was there a Justice Of The Peace or a Preacher???? Or was this a Spiritual Ceremony? Ppl change their name all the time, doesn’t make it legit. Anywho congrats.

Dymond says:

CONGRATS!!!!

***waits for pregnancy announcement***

GeminEyez says:

Awwww I think it is true. I didnt know they had moved in together and Im sure she wouldve made it official before making that decision. Congrats to the TWO!!!

iscream says:

:clap: congats to Monica and Shannon.

Guess they wanted to get it in before tax Season.
    J/k

Off to check the hater site. He must be livid about this news…. Look for the pregnancy rumors to start over there in 5…4…3….2…. :coffee:

Nicksocrazy says:

According to People Magazine, Keyshia Cole and Boobie gonna tie the not next month.

LiveLaughLove says:

CONGRATS!!!!

I am always happy when people find love…

Nicksocrazy says:

*knot*

yvonne79 says:

Congratulations!!

Thanks for the positive comments everyone! :clap:

ohpretty1 says:

Nicksocrazy says:

—————————————–
    I guess her new management is on the job.

Get outta town!!! Well go ‘head on then Mo. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    :clap:
    :love:
    :cheer:
    :dance:
    :cheers:

Carrington says:

This is what I like to call Pre-sip… getting to the gossip before it gets to you.

I’d be very surprised if this broad is really married, what I WOULDN”T find hard to believe is that she’s PREGNANT and, not wanting to do more damage to her already, “Pretty, but ghetto as hell” image, she’s the one floating this story about her being married to the media her damn self, so when she pops up with a baby 3 months after the actual wedding, people will count backwards and say, “Oh, well, I heard they were married last year, so technically, she was married.”…

*Side eye*

intensemocha says:

CONGRATULATIONS, MAY THEIR UNION LAST A LIFETIME!!!!!!!

Daisy says:

I like KCole and Boobie as well :heart:

@Kwall U said it I was thinking it

West Coast Chick says:

Gone girl! :claps: Congrats!

Its seems like thier courting process was rarher short, considering her kids and marriage, but hey girl, you only live once.. might as well be happy doing so! :cheers:

i hope she dont tur into MAry J Bleige and start making wack music now

robin says:

Congratulations!!!

Wishing them love and happiness, they are too cute together.
    They just seem to glow from within.

HALLE'S MUM says:

Congrats , happy for her !!!!!

Carrington says:

No, she’s married. Her family would not lie to me. Marriage is sacred to them. Mo wanted to be married before she moved in with Shannon.

Dymond says:

***side-eyeing along with Carrington***

but…….it’s her life and for that I wish them the best

Carrington says:

Sandra Mae, why the hell you thanking everyone like YOU got married? LMAO!! You funny as hell! I just spit a little coffee on my shirt when I read your comment.

Gimme a positive comment on Beyonce, Barack or Chris Brown and I’ll send a gift to Monica and her “husband”.

LOL

Anna says:

Gone girl! Congrats!

i hope she dont tur into MAry J Bleige and start making wack music now

~~~~~~~
    Once you’ve been with one for so long who did you wrong and you can’t get that time back, you have nothing to lose to rush into a new relationship and get married. Just because she was w/Roc for so long doesn’t mean they were meant to be.

Carrington says:

Sandra Mae, why the hell you thanking everyone like YOU got married? LMAO!!
    _____________________________

Because Monica is her friend and she visits the site.. usually ya’ll
    (not me) go HAM on Monica :lol:

Genia says:

Congratulations Monica Brown!!!!!!! WOW!!! Good Girl!!

As KC plans for her wedding perhaps this will set a new standard amongst young women to take a stand against being a jump-OFF with no values (see artile: CB’s exchick arrested for child neglect and abuse)

I am giddy for Monica!! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL LOOK!!!!

Because Monica is her friend and she visits the site.. usually ya’ll
    (not me) go HAM on Monica
    _________________________
    I don’t go hard on Monica, I actually USED to like her music, but when she started with the “Side-line Hoe’n” I couldn’t get with her anymore. In my head, Monica the singer became the ghetto music she was singing and I couldn’t get rid of that thought.

I really don’t care one way or another if she’s married, if she is, I’m happy for her, but if it’s a PR stunt – I’ma tear her a$$ up. LOL

free says:

Sandra Rose says: Marriage is sacred to them. Mo wanted to be married before she moved in with Shannon.

*************************************

i’m just not even going there…. congrats monica!

aqtpie says:

Yeyyy I’m so happy for Monica, Congratulations to them!!!

sabrown says:

Congrats to Monica & Shannon!!! It didn’t take long. I wonder why is it, when you date someone forever, they never marry you. But when you meet someone new you’re married in no time…

BayArea says:

The damn heffa said she wouldn’t keep any secrets!!!! Congrats if they indeed tied the knot :)

coco21 says:

iciaantica says:

Yay! I love them together! Black love!!!!!
    ————————————————————————-

:cosign: Luvs Mo, congrads :thumbsup:

Monica now goes by Monica Brown. No more Monica, please. :yes:

momo says:

LOL

——————–

I couldn’t agree more.

chibytex says:

I did the same thing..i got married January 19, 2010 and had my wedding May 29…I guess they wanted to wait til his was finished with his season to have the real ceremony…

Anyways…Congrats to C.Brezzy’s twin and Monica…they make a cute couple…

Genia says:

Hey speaking of congratulations: DID CHRIS BAIL his chick out of jail?

No..I’m kidding…but SANDRA…I was wondering if he made any sort of public comment in regards to being associated with a child abuser.

Carrington says:

Monica now goes by Monica Brown. No more Monica, please.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Really? Why did she change her stage name though? She was always just “Monica”… never Monica Arnold. Like Cher, Madonna, Brandy, Janet, Michael and Beyonce’… Monica was always just “Monica” – unlike Keyshia Cole who will always be Keyshia Cole.

*Ah been callin’ her Monica… I’ma call her Monica* LOL

MissHarlem says:

CONGRATS!!!!
    She will always be MONICA to her fans thats how we know her now if we were in a business meeting or me interviewing her I would call her Mrs. Brown but other than that ummmmm no shes Monica!!!!!!!!!

Thetruth32 says:

Congrats Mr. & Mrs Brown!!! I will check her twitter page later to see if she say” I’m married now” ( in Shug Avery voice from Color purple)

@Anna
    When you know, you know..
    it doesnt take long to figure out if you love someone and if you want to be with them…
    my daddy asked met my stepmom in May..they were married in November..they have been married 24 years…

I knew my husband was the one after about 6 months…

Royale says:

U HEard IT HERE FIRST! ME N SANDRA ROSE ROYALE WILL BE TYING THE KNOT REAL SOON!

KDub says:

Monica now goes by Monica Brown. No more Monica, please
    ———————————————————-
    Its too late. She been plain ole Monica since “Miss Thang” 1995ish. She was all of what….13-14?

:whistle:

“Like this and like that….yeahhhhhhhh….I’m gonna move along”

:dance:

Thetruth32 says:

Monica now goes by Monica Brown. No more Monica, please.
    ————————–
    hope you feel that way about La La Anthony too

YSoSerious says:

(sits next to Carrington cause once again he speaks the truth and I can duck behind him if Sandra stops liking where this post is going)

Thetruth32 says:

I believe shug said, “I’s married now!” Lol :lol:

BigCityGirl says:

Thanks for the NEWS Sandra….Congrats to the happy couple!

_____________________________________________________
    Speaking of which….Frankie on Celebrity Rehab is just plain ole :rofl:

@Anna
    When you know, you know..

So true. The men who hesitate and act annoyed when you mention marriage are the ones you ladies should be wary of. :nono:

BigCityGirl says:

Thanks for the NEWS Sandra….Congrats to the happy couple!

___________________________
    :cosign:
    cause clearly NO ONE ELSE CARES…….

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    *Shakes Yso in case Sandra Mae get mad at our joke session*

“Get yo a$$ out from behind me!!!”

*Points at Yso…* “Sandra, it was HER a$$, I ain’t wit her!” LMAO

Congrats @ Royale and Sandra

Soooooo…Which one of y’all is knocked up? :coffee:

____________________________________________
    :yes: a real man that wants something outta his life isn’t afraid of real committment…but we want us a “playa”…us women are sooooo stooopid…

well not me….LOL!!

KDub says:

@Yso….I hatechu. Not sure if I ever tole you that sweetie….for numma 56…

Yep…

jazzyiest says:

Congrats to Mo!!!

YSoSerious says:

:sideeyes: @ Carrington real hard.

So that’s how you gonna be huh? I. Gots. You. :coffee:

Monica now goes by Monica Brown. No more Monica, please.
    ***********************

Who told you that? I bet she has not changed her stage name.

MzDimplez1123 says:

:rofl: @ CARRINGTON. YOU STOP SHAKING YSO BEFORE SHE ENDS UP WITH SHAKEN BABY SYNDROME! :mad:

AWESOME ARSENAL says:

__________________________________________________
    Some men don’t want to marry the woman they’re with…….. :coffee:

chibytex says:

Tomorrow I celebrate my 1 year Anniversary…
    its been challenging..but I love my husband ! He didnt make me wait 2, 3 years to ask me to marry him. I met him in january 08 and he ask me to marry him in December 08….hell he was talking marriage in july of that yr… I was a little nervous about giving up my stable I had before I met him….Could I really be faithful to one person for the rest of my life…i prayed on it and God revealed to me WHY he was the man for me!

@KDub

Thanks so much for that…I hatechu tew guhl… :hugs:

QueenSJ says:

Well, from me, the warmest congratulations goes to Monica and Shannon. The whole “side-eye” thing is lame since it’s based on…nothing. People will talk whether you’re doing bad or good. That is all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wait… soooo, you’re not a real man and you don’t want anything out of life unless you want a commitment?

What about guys who simply aren’t built for marriage? Some people (myself included) are simply most comfortable with a single lifestyle. I think people tend to associate being single with being freaky – and that’s just not always the case.

I love coming home to SILENCE everyday. I talk if I WANT to talk. I can be butt ball a$$ nekkid and stand in the refrigerator and drink out of the milk carton and not have to answer questions.

I simply don’t want anybody all snuggled up under me when I’m in the bed at night – it’s HOT… MOVE!!!! That doesn’t mean I’m not a real man, it means my personality simply ain’t built for two.

bnatural says:

Congrats to them! :cheer: I wish them nothing but the best. Beautiful couple and family!

chibytex says:

Some men don’t want to marry the woman they’re with……..
    ______________________________________
    thats a whole notha topic right there…..

Thetruth32 says:

chibytex says:

Tomorrow I celebrate my 1 year Anniversary…
    ————————
    happy 1yr Anniversary to you!!!

Ummmmmm this was a little fast. How long were they dating? Well stranger things have happen….

:lol: @ MzD

You are gonna be such a good mommy. :hugs:

*sigh*…….. I hope we get an album before she has a baby,might sound selfish but lol I need that new music.

MzDimplez1123 says:

LOL @ Carrington….I totally respect your viewpoint though.

Anna says:

@Anna
    When you know, you know..

I knew my husband was the one after about 6 months…
    ~~~~~~~
    I know it doesn’t take 10 yrs to be engaged before marriage. 99.9% of the time if you ‘ve waited that long it’s not going to happen, or it won’t last past the 2nd yr.

Silhouette says:

This is great news I am happy for the couple.
    :whistle: I will be the sun in your sky. I will light your way for all time. Promise you, for you I will

Congrats @ Chi

Thanks Yso…The other two are still luckily alive! LOL

QueenSJ says:

Congrats Chibytex!!!!!! I’m a sucker for love…like for real..LOL

YSoSerious says:

:sideeyes: @ Carrington real hard.

So that’s how you gonna be huh? I. Gots. You
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Like my grandma says, *mashes my lips on Yso’s cheeks and blows real, real hard til she can’t help but laugh*

jazzyiest says:

@ chiby

chibytex says:

Tomorrow I celebrate my 1 year Anniversary…

_________________________________________________________________________

I smiled while reading that. How sweet?!?!? Happy 1 year anniversary!!!

“Tomorrow will come and boy I can’t wait. It’s our anniversary!” :whistle: :whistle:

Y’all know y’all remember that. LOL

Hey everyone…i know im late as hell but OMG, congrats Monica…I am sooo happy for her!

@Carrington
    Let me explain what I mean…
    I’m not saying you are not a real man…but the way I was raised REAl MEN got married and took care of their families and responsibilities…they didnt lead their woman on for years and years and years and knock her up and STILL never marry her…
    I can respect if you are honest UP FRONT and tell me you are only looking for a good time…

“Dont flcuk me like a whore and then kiss me on my forehead…flcuk me like a whore and tell me to get on my way…that’s how bishes end up confused with 3 different baby daddies

@Carrington

You sound like me. Too bad we’ll never work. You have too much Ike in you for may taste. :nono:

(takes some Tylenol for my headache and puts an ice pack on my shoulders)

MzDimplez1123 says:

*hands Yso a water glass and a heating pad*

VAALLDAY says:

Congrats…wonder why she didn’t let that out.

MS.DREA says:

You know what I believe this because Nov. 22nd is my sons birthday and I remember her mentioning something special happened. She didnt say what, but she said something to the effect of life changing.

Anna says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~
    I don’t like coming home to a silent house. Not sure why if you had a wife it would prevent you from drinking out of the milk carton naked, you can have your own carton to do as you please and we weren’t trying to make you a instant family already, you can be married and not nag your spouse to the point of him wanting to drink milk w/clothers on. LOL. Sorry, lost my train of thought and hope you get my point. I don’t feel like editing.

ohpretty1 says:

——————————————-

I have to agree here. Marriage AND/OR parenthood is not for everybody. The world would be a better place if more people were just upfront about this.

Thanks Everybody!!!!!
    @Anna I heard that if a couple is together longer than 22 months the odds of them gettin married is about 50%…at like 36 mohtn the odds are like 20%…and anything after that most couples never get married…

My cousin been with her guy since we was 13…and they STILL arent married…

My time is valuable…women need to give themselves a timeline…you dont have to tell him what the timeline is…but you should have a limit to how long you are gonna just settle and be someone’s girlfriend!!

@Carrington

Well…Okay then.

(lightly touches her cheek and considers not washing it ever again)

Brownsugar1908 says:

I am so happy for Monica! Shannon Brown seems like a nice guy. He was smart to make her his wifey. Monica is one of the few down-to-earth and real celebrities. Congrats.

jazzyiest says:

@ chi

_________________________________________________________________________

PREACH! I see we’re rocking to the same beat today.

Anna says:

Brownsugar1908 who is that in your gravi, Bey & Jay had they dated while he was in high school and she was in elementary?

ELove says:

Shannon don’t have a F-ing CLUE what he just got himself into… SHE’S going to be telling ALL THEIR Business ON TWITTER and To ALL Her LOOSE MOUTH-AZZ “So-Called” Friends & Relatives :rofl:

MzDimplez1123 says:

:blink: @ Yso… Is you crushin on Carrington?!

:pc: looking up venues for Yso and Carrington’s
    “WE TOGETHER BUT NEVER GONNA LIVE TOGETHER OR GET MARRIED PARTY”

*looking up Strippers, exotic dancers, caterers and potential jumpoffs of both sexes*

@ ELove…… Monica does seem to have a slew of besties. :think:

Ms. LoveMe says:

KUDOS, if true THATS WHATS UP! Hey god removes your from one situation for a reason and we cant control when god puts someone in our life that is meant for us!!!!!!! GO HEAD MONICA AND SHANNON… :party:

flsun99 says:

I met my hubby in July of 1998…he moved into my condo October 1998…he proposed Christmas Eve 1998….we married March 1999. We are celebrating our 12th anniversary this year! Men know when they are ready.

Congrats to Mo! Marriage is a good thing!

Phrozen1der says:

I see where @Carrington is coming from….. :cosign:

Also, @Sandra said it best the signs that dude is NOT EVER going to marry you are always VERY present many women choose to ignore those signs, amongst other things. It’s that infatuated feeling you have with that person,which is cool but do not be mad if son does’nt want to make you the Mrs. #HesjustnotthatintoYOU! :shrug:

Dymond says:

:coffee: different strokes for different folks

maybe if we didnt insist that marriage was for everybody and something is wrong with you if you aren’t, we wouldnt experience such a high divorce rate. Some people know they want to marry someone after one night, some may take longer than that. Marriage is not considered a sacred act anymore, it’s just like what you’re supposed to do and that creates a problem. I have never been married, but I have friends that have been married and divorced twice (all under age 35)
    so…..

DCMAMAOF2 says:

:heart: I am glad for Monica and Shannon. I love Love!!!!! I wish The Browns the best

@Jazzy
    We settle for he wants instead of what we want..its not pressuring him if ya’ll been together a year and half and you are looking for more outta of the relationship…YOU SHOULD…time aint forever…

The older we get the better we get at making better choices…thats why it wasnt hard for Monica to move a lil faster with Shannon…
    She kissed enough frogs…its time she met her prince!!!

Peachpussycat says:

:claps: for Mo and Shannon

Hey PPC! :hug:

Phrozen1der says:

@PeachPUSS waddap witcha???

@Carrington

Let me explain what I mean…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I hear you, but I don’t think it’s “leading” most women on. At the end of the day, most women have to blame themselves for being single, baby mama’s.

Are these women letting men know up front that they’re expecting to be “wifed up” at some point, or are they content in a relationship with a man that they knew wasn’t marriage material from the gate?

You can’t be content in a relationship with a man who has no intentions of marrying you to begin with and then when YOU have a change of heart, suddenly, HE was a waste of time and “ain’t $hit”. Nooo, you knew what it was going in, some brothers ain’t marrying NOBODY and sisters can tell that $hit right off, but they get THEIRS just like he gets his every night and then when they want to marry that thang and he’s still who he always was, HE used YOU.

No, if you were there each night for the boinking, you weren’t used, you got what you wanted out of that “season” just like he did.

Be up front, “I’m looking for a husband eventually.” <– you'll be able to tell if that's where his head is headed sooner than a few YEARS and a few babies, I'll bet you that and if you stay, it's because you want too.

I think women should stop being content sharing a man with every broad in the hood and then when the $hit is over, feeling like she wasted her time.

Shug, you were being made a fool of after you found out about the FIRST broad – but you fought HER a$$ to keep HIS a$$… and you don't deserve a prize for being stupid.

(not you, just speaking hypothetically)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    _________________________

At least you know that you’re not built for marriage. But what about the dudes who also know they’re not marriage material but they refuse to be honest with the chick and lead her on? Why can’t those boys men say, ‘Look, I’m not built for marriage, so I think we should go our separate ways? :shrug:

Shhhhhhhhh @ MzD

(looks to make sure ELove isn’t paying attention)

I don’t like strippers but I we can keep the potential jump-offs. I’ll send you a list. :winks:

Call JJ’s Fish to see if they cater. We’re gonna want our non-wedding party to be classy. :lol:

Peachpussycat says:

:daps: @ Phrozen1

:kiss: @ MzDimplez

Hey there!

__________________________________________
    Thats another point I was gonna make…
    MEN KNOW!!! meaning that the man is suppose to pursue the woman…NOT the other way around…

“Im looking for man”……thats the reason why your azz aint found one! STOP LOOKING! He’ll find you!!!

Dymond says:

@ Carrington :clap:

that is soooooooooo reallllllllllllllll

VAALLDAY says:

:cosign: ELove, I didn’t want to go there about Mo telling their biz, but since you took it there

________________________________________
    Thank you Auntie…those are the men Im talking bout…
    the ones that string bishes along for years and take all their youth…and then the females are scorned and bitter when they finally get out of the “situation”….

Peachpussycat says:

@Carrington I :heart: reading your posts. :yahoo:

Carry on… :popcorn:

aqtpie says:

**************

MS.DREA says:

She quoted three dates that changed her life and 11-22-10 was one of them. The other two look like they may be her son’s birthday.

@ Yso…My Bad!

Is we gonna need security at the door?

*Makes mental note not to hire that dude that Ashley from Basketball wives had covering the door at her charity event.

Phrozen1der says:

@ChibyTex No can take your “power” if you do not give it..Most women are victims because they are ignorant to the signs. Listen to what is being SAID,not to what you want to hear and there would be a lot less bitter women in the world….. :coffee: <—–Dr.Pepper with a smidgen of the anonymous 37th Flavor

Anna says:

flsun99 says:

~~~~~~~
    Or in the case of Roseanne, Becky asked: Dad when did you know you were in love w/mom.
    Dan: When your mother told me. LOL. Sometimes a woman has to ask the man, the worse he can say is “no”, but they only string us along because we let them. Flsun, I too got married fast but I was not 20, pregnant or desperate, just was not going to live w/another man who wasn’t my husband while raising my kids.

MzDimplez1123 says:

@ Yso….I can call Harold’s on 87th and the Dan Ryan too if you want!

Peachpussycat says:

Phrozen1der says:

@ChibyTex Noone can take your “power” if you do not give it..Most women are victims because they are ignorant to the signs. Listen to what is being SAID,not to what you want to hear and there would be a lot less bitter women in the world…..
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I’ve been saying this for years. :claps: :kiss:

Phrozen1der says:

@PeachPuss ;)

@Carrington…
    How you meet him is how you lose him…
    If you was his jumpoff at the beginning then you got to be one DUMB bish to think you gonna get wife up…Those are NOT called relationships…they are called fukk buddies….

Yes there are a lot of women who get that confused…but what about the men who are shacking up with a broad and he keep telling her “one day?”

Dymond says:

@ Phrozen :cheers: to that PREACH!!!!!!

Phrozen1der says:

@Dymond :cheers:

MzDimplez1123 says:

@ Yso….I can call Harold’s on 87th and the Dan Ryan too if you want!
    ___________________________________________________________
    Thats the best one in Chicago, IMO!!!

Dymond says:

we need to realize that some of these old wives tales are exactly that and don’t apply to EVERYONE
    Everyone defines relationships differently. You need to be on the same page with the person you are with and not on society’s timeline. :coffee:

MzDimplez1123 says:

@ Phrozen and Dymond :cheers: <<—-Really apple juice. Don't want a one eyed, four leggeded E-baby

_________________________

_________________________
    Because those women don’t DEMAND it. If a man knows that his woman ain’t looking for, or expecting it.. for the most part, he ain’t willing to give it up.

From the perspective of most men… why commit if I know that I don’t have to? Realistically, for every woman who wants a wedding, there are 50 more who are content with me being her “boyfriend”.

The women who want a husband have to raise THEIR standards and refuse to accept anything less. That’s how you get a man whose marriage material.

If you say, “I’m looking for a husband” and he sticks around… you might be on to something, but don’t play house, give up the goods and PLAY husband and wife and expect him to automatically want to take it to the next level… he’s a man… for WHAT? We already live together, I already pay the bills, we already sleep together. Where’s the incentive?

WalkingKontradiction says:

….Comes out of hiding to say…. CONGRATS MO & SHANNON(my 2nd favorite Laker behind Kobe)!

@Chiby, I feel you on the men who string women along. I think what everyone has to realize is not every woman has a stupid baby mama mindset, just like every man isn’t upfront and to the point. Men who are manipulators or users will NEVER tell a woman hey I just want a good time because they want the control of having that woman in their back pocket while they continue to do as they please but feed enough bull*** to keep her at bay. Where the woman comes in is realizing when she’s been fed such bull and she needs to make the decision to either stay and take it or leave and salvage the remainder of the life and time she has left. Unfortunately too many women think at that point since they’ve spent so much time with that man there’s no point in starting over.

#teamjustbehonestwithyoselfandothers!

flsun99 says:

I wish them all the best. Monica is a very positive person. She deserves happiness. I pray she gets everything she she deserves.

Everything ain’t for everybody…

MzDimplez1123 says:

@ Dymond….My grandmother married her S/O when she was 60yrs old. They had been together for about 35yrs before tying the knot. They were content before marriage and only married for “residential” purposes. They seem just a content as they were before.

YSoSerious says:

The problem with some women is they expect their men to know what they want without telling them. How does he know you want to be married if you don’t say that?

Stop thinking that if you hang around long enough he’s finally gonna “get it” and wife you. Why try to fix something that isn’t broken (at least from the guys pov)?

And as I’ve said before, a piece of paper doesn’t guarantee happiness or fidelity so what’s the point of it all?

____________________________________________________
    its funny you say that…cause those old wives tales worked..we have gotten away from all that and now we live in a society where we are shacking up, different baby daddies, getting back door ass injections, low self estee, etc…

I’ve learn to listen to those old wives tales..if it worled for my granny who is 86 why cant it work for me….

:preach: Yso!

ELove says:

@chibytex and Ms. Sandra
    HOLD UP THERE Ladies… ALL of THOSE Females you speak of AIN’T PURE as the Driven Snow (Real…) A LARGE Percentage of THOSE Females are Stuck ON Stoopid and stick around for SELFISH Reasons thinking they’re going to change that Man’s Mind (Somehow…)

ALOT of Guys are Up-Front with these females about NOT WANTING a serious commitment of any kind but THESE Females STILL CHOOSE to stick around because these guys are the BEST MEN they ever had in their Life… Soooo they are banking that THEIR Closeness to them (Meaning IN THEIR LIFE…) Along With giving them PUCCI BY THE POUND will ensure them a chance that THIS MAN will eventually come around and decide to be WITH THEM (As far as Marriage…)

Females LIE TO THEMSELVES quite often in that regard (Just Being REAL)

Real talk @ ELove.

*throws apple juice @ Chi for bringing up them damned ass shotz*

___________________________________________
    LOW SELF ESTEEM…….

anywho…im off to go :blunt:…. :cya:

ohpretty1 says:

Phrozen1der says:

——————————————-

I will wipe the sweat from your brow! :cosign: and Amen

West Coast Chick says:

They should adopt a yt baby :coffee:

chocolate divalicious says:

Well she did mention her kids b-day and this 11/22/10 on her twitter as three dates that forever changed her life. Congrats Monica and Shannon

People kill me talking about her having kids and being unwed when them hoes probably got about 5-6 kids with about 5-6 different baby daddies and NOBODY is planning on marrying them EVER!

LMAO @ WCC

Dymond says:

@ chiby…so true (about listening to our grandmothers) and I agree but a lot of those tales were to discourge actions for example, The way you got him is the way you lose him was to encourage women not to mess around with married/taken men. Jumpoffs/mistresses/illegitimate kids/etc have been around FOREVER…it just seems like a new phenomenon because of our exposure to technology and it’s constantly in our face

Daisy says:

I have always said if you dont want to get married then by all means please DONT! Be honest and upfront not all women want to be married either (esp those who have been divorced already).

I am team marriage :cheer: I would rather marry than burn :lol:

WalkingKontradiction says:

Men marry garden tools all the time :coffee:

ToniLove says:

Congrats to Monica and Shannon.
    I’m really happy for them! They look like happy together!
    Black Love, Black Family, it’s truly a beautiful thing.
    Love and Family period is beautiful, but… You feel me.
    Wishing them the best!

Dymond says:

:waves: ya’ll have a great evening/night

miamore1973 says:

gotta love black love

they look great together.

Khandi says:

@Carrington says: He’s a real man!!! I think I love you :kiss: your Realness that is. Keep it comming…:rofl:

Phrozen1der says:

@OhPretty :lol:

@Daisy I agree with Monogamy (On my lunch break) as well…. People are hurt when we fail to listen to the words that are spoken,as well as actions that are displayed. Look past how good the stroke feels, and pay attention to the fact that for the last 6mnths you’ve paid his and your phone bill, he crashed your car and was uninsured and that he slept with your bff. Those are the dumb broads who chant “There are no good men out here!” No you’re just too dumb to realize that what you have is HIT! :yes:

Carrington says:

I agree! Black women think they’re too good for most of the men they meet and that’s the problem. Somebody lied to those women. Most of them aren’t about sh*t and the men know it. Especially the chicks who spread their legs for these guys and then talk about wanting respect. What respect are they looking for when they don’t respect themselves? I think Monica Brown decided that she was not going to lay up with a man any longer unless and until he escorted her down the aisle and made her official!

MzDimplez1123 says:

@ Phrozen post 149…I really don’t appreciate you talking about my cousin that way. :coffee:

YSoSerious says:

It’s not the guys fault if a chick hears only what she wants to hear. If you want to wait around for him to realize you’re “the one” that’s your own fault.

And if I want to be with a dude without marrying him or even demanding an “exclusive” relationship, that doesn’t mean there is anything wrong with my self esteem. :coffee:

:high five: @ Yso

Sandra says:

***********************************
    I guess late is better than never, huh Auntie? :coffee:

Phrozen1der says:

:rofl: @MsDimpz she’s HIT too then haah!

Jerrica says:

Ya’ll putting all this ish on the men, how about the women who has a GOOD MAN and is just stringing him along and using him? WOMEN is JUST AS TRIFLING as men.

@ Phrozen………………………..She’s a damned blockhead! :rofl:

ELove says:

And I really LIKE the Positive talk that’s going on but ON Some REAL SHYT… There are PLENTY of MARRIED Couples that are Plain Miserable AND Confused AND Full of STR8 Bull-SHYT !!!

I TRULY APPLAUD those that are Happily Married and MAKE THINGS WORK for THEM because That DESERVES The Ultimate RESPECT (Real…)

BUT Being MARRIED just for the SAKE of BEING MARRIED means NOTHING !!!

@MzD

I’m just tired of the women that sing the same old tired songs when they’re the ones that need to change the tune, not the guy.

I’ve always been taught that people can only do to you what you let them do to you. :shrugs:

Daisy says:

I think the state of the black family and marriage is sad

All this women aint ish and men aint ish isnt helping the situation either. There are plenty of good single men (dont ask me where they are cause I have not a clue lol) and women that do and don’t want to commit.

Be honest and do what makes you happy. Men can know a woman wants to get married that doesnt mean he will pop the question so then its back on the woman to bounce or keep waiting.

Anna says:

Jerrica says:

~~~~~~~
    That’s true too. Many good guys w/the degrees lack common sense, and end up w/ not only a woman that was no good for them, but never fit in at the company Chrismas Party and everyone saw it but him. Some men get trapped by a big butt and a smile, we know it’s true.

@SHANNON BROWN

:no: <<<<<<<<<<<<<(my advice)

Phrozen1der says:

@MsDimpz :lol:

Chamu says:

his babymama must be having a fit LOL, he has only be with Monica for a short while and he put a ring on it.
    Rocko straight played himself too. I wish Monica happiness, she has been through a lot.

:offtopic:

Why did Lamar give Kobe $25,000?

@WCC

Really expensive blow job? :shrugs:

@WCC
    “Why did Lamar give Kobe $25,000?”
    ___________________________________________________________________________

:think:
    Prolly cause Kobe been carryin his retarded azz on the Lakers for the past 7 years or so….

@ Man- nope

Lamar gave Kobe $25,000 beause lamar Odom! get it?? ( owed him) :rofl:

Brownsugar1908 says:

Anna says:
    ______________________________________________________
    LOL! I was reading another blog who had a portion of the article that dream hampton wrote for Ebony about Jay and Bey. There were tons of pictures on the blog of them and the one of the two children were on there. I thought it was cute.

last one:

why did the skeleton go to the party alone?

Brownsugar1908 says:

@Man why do you not like Shannon? Did you want to marry Monica?

(groans @ WCC)

Are you sure it wasn’t for a Kobe Bean Special?

MzDimplez1123 says:

@ Phrozen…I’m serious! Like I told her, if every dude you get with wants to fight, cheat, not work, lie, stay in trouble with the law, the problem isn’t them, the problem is you and your habit of wanting the bad boy type.

LOL @ WCC

(groans @ WCC)

Are you sure it wasn’t for a Kobe Bean Special?

____________________________________________

A kobe special :rofl:

Lamar :nono: cant be with kobe because he’s in a dedicated relationship with Robert Kardashian

@ Chamu: sources tell me that Rocko knew about the marriage from day 1 and he is happy for Monica and Shannon. :yes:

Jerrica says:

Women are actually MORE triflin’ than men. :coffee:

Phrozen1der says:

@MsDimpz #Agreed!

@WCC Stop acting up :lol:

@WCC

I see. Ewwwwwwwwwwww…

_________________________________________

he looks like the type of nicca that wouldnt give a rat’s azz :coffee:

Anna says:

Brownsugar1908 says:

Anna says:
    ______________________________________________________

~~~~~~~~
    It is cute. Funny I’ve never seen the pic before but if I can figure out who it was(kind of)anyone can. I still have yet to see any other site w/info that Monica got married. Maybe I’ll check CNN. :lol:

@Sandra

Is that any way to talk when you and Royale are about to jump the broom? :nono:

West Coast Chick says:

why did the skeleton go to the party alone?_______________________________________________________________

The skeleton went to the party alone because he didnt have no “body” to go with :lol:

@Sandra

Is that any way to talk when you and Royale are about to jump the broom?

_______________________________________

:shocked:
    DO TELL

:lol: @ WCC

You are so silly…

@1908
    “why do you not like Shannon? Did you want to marry Monica?”
    ____________________________________________________________________________

Shannon cool. Needs to work on his game (decision making, ball handling and defense) but I ain’t got nothin against him.

¿¿¿ :blink: ???
    Hell no I ain’t wanna marry “Tattoo.” :nono: That ol’ bird just whipped her used up puzz on young Shannon cause he just signed a new contract with the Lakers.

He ain’t know no betta.

@WCC

There’s a commentator named Royale that has professed her undying lust for our dear Auntie Rose.

She likes her lips and wants to do dirty things to her and announced further upthread that she and Sandra are making it official just like Mrs. Monica Brown. :yes:

ChaCha says:

Anna says:

Gone girl! Congrats!

i hope she dont tur into MAry J Bleige and start making wack music now

~~~~~~~

:cosign:

@SANDRA ROSE
    “Women are actually MORE triflin’ than men. :coffee:
    ___________________________________________________________________________

:yes:
    Chit den got outta control in the last few years.

Women are actually MORE triflin’ than men.

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Chit den got outta control in the last few years.

So true. I remember when even ho*s had a little self-respect about themselves. :coffee:

YSoSerious says:

I guess it’s as hard out here for a ho as it is for a pimp. Someone needs to write a song about THAT.

Fantasia and Alicia don’t count. :coffee:

@SANDRA ROSE
    “Chit den got outta control in the last few years.

_________________________________________________________________________

Yup. Now even street walkin hoez got lawyers and publicist and chit. Just no SHAME to they chit these days. A woman would rather say are functionally retarded then to say they was stripper. Now days lil girls can’t wait to get up on the stage and they Momma’s can’t wait for ‘em to get up there either. I blame the internet and reality tv.

I’m waitin on the new “reality series”

“OPEN fo’ Bitnezz… (Hoes on the streets of xxx)”

You know it’s coming. Follow a bunch of these “business women” around and document them gettin they hustle on. SMH.

@WCC

_________________________________________________

:claps: go get em, Auntie… you cougar, YOU!

MzDimplez1123 says:

@ Man…Didn’t HBO already do Hookers At the Point a few years ago?
    E! has that Kardashian show too.

Cha Cha’s gravi

:blink:
    who’s dat peekin in my window?- POWWWW! nobody now

@MZ. D
    “Didn’t HBO already do Hookers At the Point a few years ago?
    E! has that Kardashian show too.”
    ____________________________________________________________________________

:think:
    HBO’s show mighta been a lil too “real.” You know this chit is actually scripted. Need a show a lil more “tame” for the casual viewer, throw in a few celebrity names and off course some female “clientelle.” That chit would be a gold mine. :yes:

Not sure how the Kardashian show factored into your statement. :coffee:

:highfive: @ MzD

MzDimplez1123 says:

@ Man… Good point @ HBO. Would the LisaRaye show count?

:shrug: Don’t know why he insists on playing dumb.

@MZ. D
    ” Good point @ HBO. Would the LisaRaye show count?

:shrugs: Don’t know why he insists on playing dumb.”
    ___________________________________________________________________________

Naw. We need real life HOEZ! Unabashed, blantant, wanton, brazen HOES! :yes:

Of course the “profession” will be “glorified” so it will the high-class escort type of women selected for the show.

**I should be a producer**

West Coast Chick says:

I got looooovvveeee all over meeeeeeee :whistle:

YSoSerious says:

This show sounds tailor made for Kimmy Cakes. There’s something to be said for looking out for your bottom bish like that…

YSoSerious says:

(points WCC to the nearest shower)

That’s just nasty. :no:

MzDimplez1123 says:

@ YSO…I was thinking the same shyt but, you know how @Man be acting when it comes to Kim.

ChaCha says:

ELove says:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :cheer: I LOVE MY POOKIE BEAR… We are so good to each other.. in the beginning it was hard but as soon as I realize we would get along a helluva lot better If I didnt try to be his mama and conform him and but let him be him. We agree to disagree on a lot of stuff and we absolutely NEVER go to bed mad at each other. He is my best friend and although we been together almost 7 years celebrating our 4th year in March I still get butterflies whenever I see him. I had to let my husband be a man but coming from the bull my ex husband put me through I was used to being the man. As soon as I let go and let GOD… we dont struggle anymore with power anymore.. I know my husband LOVES me because he PRAYS for me and HE treats me like a COMPLETE QUEEN!

:cheer: TEAM IN THIS TO WIN THIS FO LIFE! DIVORCE IS NOT and OPTION!

*backflips in to an aisle of HALLMARK cards

wiggy2272003 says:

Congrats and blessings to the happy couple

YSoSerious says:

(points WCC to the nearest shower)

That’s just nasty.
    _________________________________
    not that kind of love :lol:

Cha Cha says
    __________________________________

Damn, that was so sweet, I almost cried- thats beautiful… there is nothing more sexy than a GOD fearing man, honey chile :yes:

ChaCha says:

@ DUBB C my muthafluckin nicca… YES MA’AM!

Jerrica says:

Hey CHA CHA!!!!

ohpretty1 says:

Hats off to Mr. and Mrs. ChaCha

jazi65 says:

Thetruth32 says:

I believe shug said, “I’s married now!”

I love that line! I said ‘Is married now :lol:

ChaCha says:

Thanks OP :hug: HEYYYY JERRICA :hug:

ELove says:

HOTT Cha Cha
    That’s RIGHT Baby… Y’all HANDLE Y’ALL BUSINESS (MF-ing Real…)

A KING deserves His QUEEN and A QUEEN Deserves Her KING… Love, Respect and Dedication to EACH OTHER (And NOBODY ELSE…) is The TRUE KEY to HAPPINESS… Don’t ALLOW Anybody/Nobody Else to SPOIL Y’all HAPPINESS because Y’ALL HAPPINESS don’t belong to ANYONE ELSE :yes:

ChaCha says:

@ DUBB C my muthafluckin nicca… YES MA’AM!

___________________________________

:cheers:

@Cha Cha, that gravie is a damn mess! You would have to get a close up lol.

wiggy2272003 says:

Chacha glory be, you are highly favored and blessed with a good man trying to walk the straight and narrow path. Love it and yall love in the lord

ChaCha says:

@ E LOVE.. I know you can feel where Im coming from *cues Lenny Williams “Cause I love you” and gets naked :yahoo:

@ LIPSTICK ..cmere boo give mama some sugah :kiss: I had to use this cus Gabby is giving a mean side eye to somebody/something.. she is so cute to me!

THANKS WIGGY boo :hug:

organicgrl says:

Congratulations, Mrs. Monica Brown. Marriage is a beautiful thing and I am happy you have someone to share it with..

chelle770 says:

Too happy for monica brown right now… black love still exists…!

xcal86 says:

Just hope Mr. “Brown” aint another Bobby “Brown” 14yrs down the road, hmmm. Pre-nup anyone??

ELove says:

^^^
    WHY Does Shannon Brown has to be The ONE IN QUESTION ?!!?

Smokie says:

Monica is DETERMINED to make Rocko jealous. I kid. :-)

They make a gorgeous couple and I hope they have a sexy and fun marriage for a looong time.

Mean Kitty says:

CONGRATS TO MO AND SHANNON! THEY REALLY LOOK GOOD TOGETHER AND SHE SEEMS REALLY HAPPY!!!

Morning people. :yawn:

KABYEYOU says:

shannon has been ballin since they been together i hope they last just so he can keep balling out

GO LAKERS !!!!!!!!!!!

proberson07 says:

Congrats Monica! I wish you and yours the best. I am happy to see she doing well. I love Black love!

AWESOME ARSENAL says:

Morning

Jay Bee says:

yayyyyy Monica..uknooooooooooooooo

precious1 says:

I met my husband in 96′ and we dated for years. I was not looking for marriage nor was I even close to thinking about it. I WAS content with being in a relationship, because I had a whole lot of maturing and growing to do. There were things I wanted to experience in life that at that time did not include marriage. I graduated from college and began my life of adulthood and experiences that came with it.

Years passed and I grew and matured and my perspective changed on life and our lives. We married in 2006 and are together to this date. The timeline worked for ME, because I KNOW if I would have married sooner I WOULD be divorced. I was not mentally prepared to share my life and give what a marriage required. Being married had showed me that my timing was right for me. I am far a different person than I was years ago. My perspective is different and my level of maturity is different. So I lived my life according to what suited and fitted my life at that time.

Believe it or not, not ALL women are looking for a ring. Doesn’t make them any more or less than the next. Some relationships work and suit the individuals just as they are. I don’t knock it at all. Your path is your path.

beenaroundtheworld says:

I decided to go on another blog not too long ago and came across this story, word For woRd, on HIS sitE. The least he coulD have Done was give You credit Auntie! lmaO @ HIM trying to shorten some words and spell out others that you shortened.