Guys That Makes Us Want To Jump The Broom

‘Jumping The Broom’ is a new film by director Salim Akil that celebrates the African tradition of jumping the broom to signify a marriage when it wasn’t always legal for blacks to marry in the 18th century.

‘Jumping The Broom’, produced by Tracey Edmonds and Bishop T.D. Jakes, is a romantic comedy that explores today’s difficulty in abstaining from sex until marriage.

Marion “Pooch” Hall of BET’s ‘The Game’ plays Ricky, the best friend of the groom, Jason (Laz Alonzo). And Romeo Miller (“Dancing With The Stars”) plays Sebastian, the cousin of the bride, Sabrina (Paula Patton).

Problems crop up for Jason and Sabrina when their two families from opposite ends of the tracks clash on Martha’s Vineyard during their dream weekend wedding.

“Help me Jesus, that boy is fine!,” says Shonda (Tasha Smith) after meeting Sebastian, who prefers “a more seasoned woman with a little more experience.”

Later, Jason, Ricky, Sebastian and Malcolm (DeRay Davis) get together for an impromptu bachelor party before the wedding. Ricky, Malcolm and Sebastian each take opposing views of what it really means to be a man in this clip from the movie.

‘Jumping The Broom’ is in theaters May 6th.

Sponsored Content

29 Responses to “Guys That Makes Us Want To Jump The Broom”

Dynasty says:

I actually can’t wait to see this movie! I love to see black love movies. Dont get me wrong, I love Tyler Perry, but I’m just tired of the whole Madea act. I want to see something else

bnatural says:

Morning all!!!

I really hope this movie is good….I will be going to see it…

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

im actually looking foward for this movie :yes: romeo is sooo dang sexay he is over 18 right :hump:

Good morning everyone!!! They promoting this movie hard! They can stop…..i’m going to see it

@Laker….yes he is over 18 so you safe!

Did anyone see Madea movie? It was actually a very good movie.

Queen_City Gem says:

Well, I couldn’t get the vid to load but whatever.

I am IN LOVE :heart: with Pooch Hall…I mean, I like him like for real. Like he live in my neighborhood and I actually have a chance to kick it with him, meet his mama, go to the Hall family cookouts and shyt. LOVE HIM…He’s my boyfriend in my head…

#randomthoughtsthatibelievearetrue

bnatural says:

therapist1911 says:

@Laker….yes he is over 18 so you safe!

Did anyone see Madea movie? It was actually a very good movie.

——————————

I saw it! The last 5 minutes of that movie had my rolling…I literally had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. There were some powerful scenes in that movie though.

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

@THERAPIST :hug: OTAY GOOD LOOKING OUT :lol: NOPE HAVEN’T SEEN IT….HEARD IT WAS GOOD BUT IM OVER MADEA…..WHY AM I LOOKING FOWARD TO FF5?? (FAST AND THE FURIOUS 5) :shrug:

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

@QUEEN HOW U DOING THIS A.M LADY?? :waves:

Queen_City Gem says:

Hey LAKER :waves: What’s good in Lakes hood??

Queen_City Gem says:

NOPE HAVEN’T SEEN IT….HEARD IT WAS GOOD BUT IM OVER MADEA…..
    ___________________________________________________

:cosign: to the umpteenth degree

Tired of TP films period.

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

@QUEEN NOT MUCH TRAVAJANDO HARD AND CHIT :lol: HOW WAS UR EASTER?
    I THINK MY LIL GIRL HAS A GASTA BONE IN HER BODY THE PUNCH MY SON IN THE EYE :lol: ALEX WAS LAUGHING AT HER BECAUSE SHE ONLY HAD 2 EGGS AND HE HAD LIKE 20 MY LIL GRIL WALKED UP TO HIM AND TRYIED TO GET AN EGG AND MY LIL BOY MOVE OUT THE WAY AND STARTED TEASING HER SHE JUST WALKED UP TO HIM WEN HE SAT DOWN AND STARTED OPENING THE EGGS AND STRAIGHT UP SOKER PUNCH HIS AZZ TOOK THE EGG AND WALKED OFF!!

Mamacita says:

I’m going to see this tonight! :cheer: Somehow my mom got tickets to the screening so we’re going on a date. :lol:

@Therapist Yeah I saw it saturday. I laughed and cried. The scene where the momma died was soooooooooooo sad. I really enjoyed it!

Queen_City Gem says:

My Easter was very good. We actually spent part of it in Atlanta.

And :yes: you are raising a lil gangsta boo. You better tell your son to get his weight up cuz lil mama ain’t having it… :lolol:

Nola_D says:

That is one sexy man right there… I’d tap that fo’ sho… :hump:

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

@queen its too late for him :rofl: i tried to pop her hand he came between me and lil mama and said “NOOO MOOMY DON’T POW POW NANIS SHE LITTLE SHE DON’T KNOW COME ON STANKY BOODY U WANT ANOTHA EGG?” then they both walk away by this time alex got about 5 eggs and anaya basket is full :lol: he a lil softy for his lil sis :yes:

neek says:

Pooch Pooch Pooch…. :hump:

buddapecan says:

Saw the movie screening last night and the movie is cute! IMO the movie was about a lot more than just abstaining from sex until marriage. Romeo definitely got me wanting to be a cougar!! LOL! And Mike Epps is a FOOL!

2012 says:

Romeo’s Dad better warn him about those white girls he seem to like dating
    ( in real life )

He may be the one to give away everything ( to the whites) that his father worked very hard for.

If MasterP hands over his empire to his son, and his son goes and marries a white girl or better yet has a baby by one, they can kiss that empire goodbye!

2012 says:

Cause them jokers is gonna take everythang, the same way they took America.

2012 says:

To the White Readers:

Nothing personal on an individual basis, it’s just the reality of what your folks love to do

KrayZKat says:

Pooch is the ONLY ONE I’d jump the broom with, period, end of story :yes:
    Too bad he’s already jumped it :-(

Can’t wait to see this movie.

stunnaz says:

hmm hmm hmm Romeo…I been crushing since “my baby” and I am still crushing hard!

Mamacita says:

@2012 :rolleyes: glad to see you’re back *sarcasm*

Helloooooo

I wanna see this movie but Romeo isn’t making me want to jump the broom!

@Lakes
    He calls her stanky boody sooo funny and cute :rofl:

LilMissRed says:

well add me to the minority I have no intentions of going to see this :nono:

pointhimout says:

I want to support this one, but it seems like the run of the mill lackluster black movies. I’ll wait for the DVD. It’s something about seeing Deray Davis in any movie, I know it’s going to have a generic or “slapstick” style comedy. I’m not a fan at all. The film has Mike Epss. Again, slapstick comedy type actor. I don’t laugh when I see epps or deray in a movie. I dread it actually. And then they got TD Jakes attached to it. WHY?

Remember when he produced that movie with Taraji and Morris? Me either. I just know they were in it. I didn’t see it or can tell you title of it.

I know it’s just a movie, but whatever.

:dead: at Point!

as much as I wanted to support this film…..DEERAY DAVIS has convinced me not too