Autopsy: 7-year-old Georgia girl raped, stabbed, beaten to death

A missing 7-year-old Canton girl was found dead in the dumpster of her Canton apartment complex on Monday.

Jorelys Rivera disappeared from a playground at the River Ridge apartments where she lived, according to police. Results of an autopsy shows the girl died of blunt force trauma to the head after she was stabbed, beaten and raped by an unknown predator.

The girl had been playing with friends at the apartment complex on Friday when she left to get drinks for her friends and never returned. She was killed in a vacant building in the complex, according to police.

Channel 2 Actions News reports Jorelys was being watched by a teenage babysitter that day. Her two younger siblings have since been taken into state custody, according to WSBTV.com.

Law enforcement officials launched a massive search and found the body three days later while sifting through the complex’s Dumpster. Georgia Bureau of Investigation Director Vernon Keenan said authorities believe the killer lived in the apartment complex, though no suspects have been identified.

“This was a very calculated and planned crime,” Keenan said at a Tuesday news conference.

Keenan said the girl was killed in a vacant apartment of the complex. He said there are several sex offenders in the area, but they have been ruled out as suspects.

97 Responses to “Autopsy: 7-year-old Georgia girl raped, stabbed, beaten to death”

YSoSerious says:

Horrible story. :no:

Damn shame. :no:

What kind of apts are River Ridge? Anyone know? Bout to google map them…

MsOnederful says:

Devastating. May she RIP this is horrible. Beautiful young girl. The coward that did this. Deserves to be raped, and stabbed to death. Give him exactly what he did to this beautiful human being. Pathetic. Like really this is disgusting.

Jacked: From an apt review:

DANGEROUS! Stabbings, guns being pulled on people, robberies, and now a 7 year old girl found in the dumpster after being abducted, beaten, sexually abused, and murdered… Canton is supposed to be a nice area, but this apartment complex has brought the ghetto into a peaceful neighborhood. People that cannot pass a background check and are sex offenders and/or felons should not be allowed in an apartment complex… The grounds there are covered in animal feces, so you cannot walk just about anywhere. There is trash everywhere. It’s just a disgusting place that needs to have its slate cleared and rebuilt from scratch.

MsOnederful says:

I believe the offender (s) if proven guilty should experience the same pain they put their victims through. If only.

This is soooo sick and this poor child was watched and she probably knew her predator this makes me soooo angry at the bastard who didn’t give any care of how he disposed of her body I pray he is brought to justice and this is his DOWNFALL

iscream says:

RIP sweet angel.

Damn at OTB Im just so pissed at who did this to her – he knew he was going to rape her and she knew him – he planned her attack

iscream says:

I hope this doesn’t turn into a blame game… Where people start finding fault in everyone but the killer.

My prayers are with her family.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SICK SICK SICK :crying:

I’M STILL ENRAGED ABOUT THE MAN WHO KILLED HIS OWN 2 YR DAUGHTER! :cuss:

i just can’t….

pointhimout says:

I saw this story and couldn’t say anything. How horrible and sad is this? raped and stabbed to death, a 7 y/o kid?

I Go There says:

This is such a sad story…

@ OutsidetheBox: I’m always on that site reading all the apartment reviews. I even have an email alert to notify me of new reviews. Does anyone read those reviews? :oops:

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

So sad, I was reading about this story earlier today, may she rest in peace.

Poor baby, I cant fathom how anyone could look at a 7 year old child in a sexual manner, it boggles my mind.

Children are so innocent, how could any human being be so cruel and violate a baby in this way and THEN kill this poor child in such a horrendous/violent way

May they be tormented for the rest of their shortened life, until they breathe their last breath and the devil takes him to his final resting place.

so disturbing, my baby is 7 I just couldn’t imagine-smh *tears*

@French
    Yeah he killed his daughter acting like he’s innocent I hate murderers/rapists all those who prey on children

princessdyan™ says:

This is ridiculous and horrible. There are so many sick and twisted people out there in thos world and THAT is exactly why you don’t let your baby out of your sight when they are this age. May this baby rest in peace and may her family find some peace and comfort.

Does anyone know why the other children were taken away from the parents.

chubbswifey says:

Bless her heart! Lord I cannot imagine the pain she went through during this horrible ordeal. People tell me I am too protective of my daughter. :nono: I tell them, I do not tell you how to raise yours and don’t tell me how to raise mines. I do not let my little one out of my sight. She is my responsibility and it’s my job to protect her. My :pray: are with her family.

In a crime such as this the physical evidence is sufficient enough to catch the perp. For some reason, those idiots never use condoms.

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

yep, poor supervision-due to this incident

@Choc. I was wondering just how they were built really.

Im sure she screamed you know. Kicked, bit, something. And for no one to hear/see anything? i was just HOPING they were built so that someone will remember something.

I lived in a project that was about 5 football fields big and full of empty abandoned apts. But everybody KNEW EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING.

Does anyone read those reviews?

I read reviews for EVERYTHING. And I do my best to review everything. Products, apts, businesses.

Ppl dont rave about good stuff (often), but they will tell you the bad.

Hershey says:

@ Sandra what website?

After reading these stories over the last 5 or so yrs and researching and researching, I SO AGREE WITH THIS.

Those perverted ass bastards love this age range for some reason.

chocolate divalicious aka CD says:

Whoever did this shouldnt even be given the luxury of going to court to sit down in a nice suit they should allow people to stone this fukka to death, hang him in middle of city.

We need to stop putting this bastards behind the jail and doing what other countries do. Allow the public to kill this piece of chit.

lovezoe says:

I read the reviews. Some I skip over, but safety is not one of them. It was this great apartment we found, but one review said someone kicked in their door and robbed them at gunpoint and security was lax, I changed my mind REAL quick. I don’t do bugs. People talking about waterbugs, no water bugs are just bigger ****roaches. :vomit:

I mean, male or female, they like the pre-PRE-pubescent kids.

There has got to be something to this. What the fukk does the FBI do again?

Is the Behavioral Analysis unit only effective on Criminal Minds?

lovezoe says:

@Hershey, apartment ratings is one I use, but you can usually put in ABC apartment reviews and it will come up.

iheart405 says:

It hurts my heart and soul to read stories like this in the news :crying:

:crying: lawd nuttin hurts my heart more than intentional injury to a child :crying:

:shank: to the sick fukka’s dyck that did this

RIP lil angel…Jorelys

@CHOCO yes! and him pleading to lower his bail amount! GTFOH!!!!
    rot in jail A$$H0le!!!!!!!!! Hiding in flucking Cali…… SMH

@OTB
    They are built to where you prolly can’t really hear muffled screams

OMG yall my uncle is in the hospital and he is not doing well he is almost 100 his daughter my cousin is so sick with worry Im just out of sorts right now

Hershey says:

Thanks lovezoe. This is so tragic. I never let my kids play unattended at this age, they’re so defenseless. This baby never had a chance at life, this is so sad. I :pray: that they find this animal so he can go to prison and get that royal treatment the second he gets there.

Daisy says:

Heartbreaking and devasting :pray:

May God comfort the fam during this time

@iscream :cosign: and :preach: but somebody will still find a way to blame the mother

candibfly says:

:crying: i can’t

RIP

LaTechGrad02 says:

My thoughts and prayers are with the family of this baby who’s gone way too soon :(

Henny Blaque says:

Ok so she lost custody of the other kids for lack of supervision after it happened….I thought I read on CNN that is was before…

My heart just sank when I heard on the news that they had found her…

@French
    He is stupid lower his bail that bish need to be praying for his life cuz it’s OVA

candibfly says:

i read reviews too :yes:

for electronics, apartments, cars, restaurants, anything

__________________________
    :yes:

MzDetermined says:

Sad:(

Memba that phone I bought yesterday did you guyz know I have it already does anyone own a Droid should I get a warranty on it

MzDetermined says:

Choco aka Hippie says:

_______________________________________________________________

I agree, but according to the law…your innocent until proving guilty and yet they let these pedaphiles out of jail to repeat the same crime…smdh where is the justice.

mrsloveleigh says:

My daughter (14) says all the time how I never let her go in friends homes or stray much when she was little. This is exactly why. My son (7) when he plays outside i don’t allow him out without us using walkie talkies. And if he’s out of sight he better not be out of range. I mostly only allow him to go to friends on our corner. If i can’t reach them immediatly i’m out the door. God bless this poor baby and her family.

steph L says:

I personally think when this bastard is found, they should kill he or she over and over again…just revive their asses, only to kill them again! It sickens me that someone would lurk around to rape a baby and then beat her to death, then discard her like trash! May God bless her soul!!!! Everytime that asshole, closes their eyes may it be her face they see. :cuss:

mrsloveleigh says:

It’s a proven fact that sex offenders are more likely to offend again therefore I feel they sould be punished more harshley. My family member got caught and sent to jail and only got a slap on the wrist because he hadn’t been in any other trouble. and what happend? He went onthe molest at least 3 others i know about. SMH

There are some kids by my house that I ALWAYS see outside no matter what time it is and I’m always wondering where their parents are. There’s this little pretty chocolate girl in particular who is always alone playing by the bus stop. I think she’s a little older than she looks but she’s so diminutive that I can’t put my finger on how old she is exactly. Looks about 6-7. I can’t be the only one that notices her. It’s weird that the only times I see her older (not by much) brother is when I’m tossing the football with my boys and he comes to play with us.

mrsloveleigh says:

I hate these stories esp since i’m a mom. I have enough worries for my kids well being to have to also worry about them playing in their own front yard and get snatched. So glad we are in a house. I never trusted letting my kids go the apartment playgrounds alone.

@Choco i pay the monthly insurance on my droid i think it’s 8 bucks i’ve had it since May…….and i’m :pray: for you and your fam. Wow that fact that he can even say he lived to 100 now-a-days is a blessing IMO.

My grandad passed 4yrs ago he was either 80 or almost 80….

mrsloveleigh says:

@Sam i’m that mom who will watch out for all the kids. If i picked my daughter up from a game and she had friends still waiting and it was dark i would stay there and wait. i hope my daughters friends woukd do the same for her.

My heart aches for the family and the mother, and to loose both all of your kids. That’s devastating. Dear Jesus :pray:

Maybe its time to be a nosey neighbor and ask one of the children

mrsloveleigh says:

Choco I have my Droid insured also and glad i did i’ve replaced it twice. My great grandmother lived to be 110

Thanks @ French well this warranty is 22 for two years thats worth it right

Ms.kaylamomma says:

I can’t imagine what the mother is going through. I bet she wishes she could rewind the last couple of days. I would be feeling like I failed in protecting my daughter from azzholes like this. Prayers for this family. I don’t let my child out of my sight AT ALL. As I’ve said before, my faith always get shaken when things like this happen to children. How can this be logical?

@MrsLoveLeigh
    Okay Im going to look into the warranty then it’s so painful to experience becuz its like I going thru my Dad’s final days all over again

Ms.kaylamomma says:

@SamYell I’m with @Choco on this one. Maybe it’s time to ask the little boy that plays football with you and your boys where his parent(s) are.

Ms.kaylamomma says:

mrsloveleigh says:

@Sam i’m that mom who will watch out for all the kids. If i picked my daughter up from a game and she had friends still waiting and it was dark i would stay there and wait. i hope my daughters friends would do the same for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I’ve done this so many times with my daughter after cheerleading practice. The coaches don’t care and will leave while the little girls are standing outside in the damn dark. :mad:

Henny Blaque says:

@Choco….YES!! Get the warranty….I hadnt even had my droid for 3 months and had all kind of problems from software to the battery.

I got it replaced it with a “refurbished one” but am still having problems.

Im jumping back to blackberry as soon as the one I have my eye on goes down in price.

Ms.kaylamomma says:

Sadly, the reality is the offender will get caught and a shady ass lawyer will plea bargain and he will receive less than 5 years in jail or something like that.

mrsloveleigh says:

@SamYell I agree. Even if you go over to the house and talk to the parents. Just let them know you see her out all the time alone and it worries you. Hopefully it will be a positive reaction

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

sick bastard dirty piece of shyt!! :mad: how could anybody hurt a child and on top of that RAPE A FUKN 7 YR OLD?? really why? there is ho3′s in every fukn skreet giving puzzzy and u take an innocent 7 yr old… ROT IN FUKN HELL…. EVIL IS TAKING OVER OUR FUKN WORLD!! :pray: WE MAKE IT THRU!

I already kind of patrol the playground since it’s right outside my patio. A lot of the kids that used to come there go to the other one now. I see too many little kids (latino/black) out there on a reg unsupervised. If I took them all home I’d feel like I was trick or treating. Not brushing off any responsibility, it’s just a lot of them mfs. I’ve done it before (not where I live now) and it didn’t turn out well. Ended up gettin cussed out by this chick that was lookin at ME like I was a pedophile. So….. :shrug: But I feel you on talking to the kids, sometimes the parents are :no: though.

This is one thing I cant stand. I stay taking children home/giving them rides, waiting w them, etc. Sometimes Im worried that someone will think Im the bad one. But then I just go with God.

My mom had a “time” problem. She would always be late picking me up. Always. Thats chit obviously stuck with me. I do not play that. And I will really stop talking to you bout not picking my kids up on time. Which is why I pick my own damn kids up.

Wow @SamYell.

Its totally cause youre a man. ugh. Ridiculous!

Anna says:

Ms.kaylamomma says:

mrsloveleigh says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~
    Some of the girls never had rides back home. I figured that out quick. I would be waiting on imaginary parents, after that I just knew there were going to be a handful of girls I would take home after an away game. Yes, some Coaches leave fast, but the girls tell them they have a ride. Just like when a Captain goes down w/his sinking ship, it’s up to a Coach to make sure each child got picked up, or drop them off yourself, w/your spouse. We lived down the street from the school, but I still got in my car and picked my child up. She was probably 14-15.

beenaroundtheworld says:

My hubby always calls me nosey cause I stay looking out my window but I NEED to know who doesn’t belong in my neighborhood. If I see construction workers, I’m writing down their vehicle info. I have 3 kids, 2 girls and 1 boy, to protect.

May this seer angel RIP and I pray God gives this family strength to get through each day.

Ty says:

_________________________________
    No but I am registered to the sex offenders site. So if a sex offender moves within 3 miles of my house, I receive a text message. I also put my kids in self defense at a young age and they have tasers in their bookbags. Money well spent!!!

Danielle says:

This story hurt my heart :( Poor baby…
    :praying: for her family

Ty says:

Ms.kaylamomma says:

___________________________________
    If they catch him, they need to let us take turns kicking his azz up and down 75. Then send him to jail to be raped, stabbed, and murdered :cuss:

Anna says:

Ty says:

_________________________________

~~~~~~~
    How do they get away w/a taser in their bookbag. Kids get suspended for having a plastic knife in their lunch bag to cut their Apple.

Ms.kaylamomma says:

@anna @otb it’s so different now than when we were growing up. Anna, I know you’re older than otb and I but I bet it wasn’t that much different back then. You felt safe in your neighborhood cause everybody looked out for everybody. Smh at the times we are living in. I’m so afraid of my daughters growing up in this crazy ass world.

gypsyeyes says:

I could never be a lawyer and defend anyone that has done such a heinous act. I would feel just as guilty. I pray for the mother and may that babys soul rest in peace.

Ms.kaylamomma says:

I agree @ty but they won’t allow that because that’s cruel and unusual punishment :rollseyes: No, what’s cruel and unusual punishment is what was done to this little angel. I don’t understand laws of justice sometimes!!!!! :mad:

Ty says:

Anna says:

Ty says:

_________________________________

~~~~~~~
    ______________________________________________
    They know its not a toy and used for one purpose only, “to get someone off your azz!” They have sense enough not to pull it out unless needed. Kids are not usually searched unless they give someone a reason to search them. No one is thinking to check my Honor Students for a taser :nono: Plus I “TALK” to my kids. When this story first broke, we discussed the specifics for about an hour. I even made up scenarios and asked how would they handle it.

gypsyeyes says:

My 17year old has a friend that walk everywhere by herself all the time. I offer her rides and sometimes I have to put my foot down. I get to the childs house only to see 3 cars in the driveway. She walked home from a houseparty(i dont allow my daughter to go to them), she was jumped by five girls. Parents tried to get mad but why didnt they pick her up!

I even made up scenarios and asked how would they handle it.

We do this as well. It gets fun sometimes. All about teaching them though.

You can make them nosey, i.e., “aware” as well!

Yall still crazy says:

May she rest in peace :pray:

and may the fukcer that did this bullshat never be at peace. SICK FUKC

@gypsy, you are wise not to allow yours to attend such parties. I had the experience of chaperoning a 15 yr old’s friends kids’ party and them heffas dressed, walked, talked and acted like grown ass women! The boys were just as much off the chain and we even had to have a few put their(boys/girls) damn clothes back on.

Attention: These teens are a HOT ASS MESS.com

And Oh Yeah I AM JUDGING :yes: shole am

TiFan4Lyfe says:

I still don’t understand why they let sex offenders go free from jail…do they even send them to prison??Or do they wait until they have raped beaten and stuffed someones child into a dumpster???reminds me of that sick tick john coey!!!That was so sad and triflin!!!

Ty says:

gypsyeyes says:

___________________________________
    I have twin 14yr. old girls and I dont allow them to attend house parties either and I am glad that you put your foot down to make sure that child gets home. It goes back to the old saying “it takes a village sometimes :yes:

Ty says:

I even made up scenarios and asked how would they handle it.

We do this as well. It gets fun sometimes. All about teaching them though.

You can make them nosey, i.e., “aware” as well!
    _____________________________
    Right OTB. I try to teach them to be prepared for the unexpected. Things happen that are out of their control but at least they know how to react. The shyt they did to that baby hurts my heart…

Anna says:

Ms.kaylamomma says:

~~~~~~
    That is true, times are much diff. We didn’t lock our doors, could sleep in a tent in the back yard, heck ppl are stealing kids right out of their bedrooms.

Attention: These teens are a HOT ASS MESS.com

And Oh Yeah I AM JUDGING shole am
    My cousin told me the same thing about my sons school I had to a have a conversation with him with the quickness “Please don’t make mommy go to jail cuz Im fighting one of your friends

Yall still crazy says:

Choco, the teenage girls looking like video hoes! Yeah I said it!

How any parent let their young teen girl out with these heels, halter etc.(maybe they sneaked :shrug: ) but there was this one chick inparticular that had on the shortest mini and thongs on and kept lifting her skirt up. Damn shame.

:pray: for all of these lost ones, our future…. :coffee:

#parentsifyouarenotgonnadoyourpartandmakethemrespectthemselvesshameonyou

trenee says:

wow. poor baby…

100% usa made! says:

Praying for God’s Kingdom to come, for real. This world is getting worse by the second. Reading this mad me feel sick.

Anna says:

:offtopic: Nancy Grace made me mad. I was thinking the man in Detroit was suspect when his little Bianca was taken away in a car jacking. Nancy, put him on trial for defending himself. Turned off his “mic” so he and his lawyer could not speak. The father only wants his little girl back. He said he was held at gun point, told the carjacker that his daugher was in the car. 2 seconds later( the end of the show) “Nancy” can tone her voice and read a cue card about a Soilder who got killed fighting our Country”. A black man will always have to defend what/who he is. Nancy is a advocate for kids, but not all kids. She/Nancy is a bully. I appreciate what she does, but why did the father and lawyer go on her show?????? Take a Poly and say he failed.

Anna says:

@Sandra, thanks for another pretty pic of this beautiful baby girl.

lovezoe says:

free says:

our children don’t deserve what they’re getting, both from their parents, who neglect, abuse, and kill them, as well as these predators. i don’t know if there is a “war on children” or if we just have so much access to information now that we hear about it all the time. it just breaks my heart as a mother.

just last night a mother was on the news saying (in ATL) that a man approached her young daughter, gave her candy, told her she looked like a movie star and asked her to write her name and age down. i believe she did it. what he didn’t realize was another sibling saw what was going on and ran to tell the mother. these MF have all kinds of tricks up their sleeves. any unaccompanied child is a victim waiting for a crime to happen.

i believe jorelys resisted so he beat her to silence her, then raped her, then stabbed her to finish her off.

free says:

lovezoe says: The father failed the lie detector test. He called the police ten minutes after the alleged incident and they found the car a half-mile to a mile away. I DO think the father is suspect. I may not agree with Nancy all the time, but she does fight to get kids back.

**************************************************

car jackers will usually drop a kid off somewhere if they know one is in the car. you definitely don’t want a kidnapping and child murder charge. we had one in the ATL who dropped a kid off, in the car seat, on a counter of a chinese wing shop. just walked in, left the kid on the counter, and walked out.

Boogie! says:

…this is so sad…I :pray: that justice is served

lovezoe says:

free says:

**************************************************

—————————-

That’s what I am saying. There was one case where the carjacker let the parent take the kids out first. MOST carjackers don’t want no kids, what was the point of the car being left a mile away? Child gone, but car there. When asked if he had something to do with it, he failed that part AND the part if he knew where she was. Sorry, but if I was mom ole boy will have a gun in his mouth until he could answer.

lovezoe says:

free says:

lovezoe says: My kids know not to go/talk to strangers. What scared me is one day I asked if Santa said come with them what should they do, they said go. My heart dropped. People are always speaking to kids, most times innocent, but I just want my kids safe.

*************************************

every parent that comes on tv whose kid has come into contact with one of these predators (and survived) has said that they had “the talk” with their kids. the talk is GREAT but let’s not fool ourselves into thinking that the kids are smarter and quicker than the predators.

i love to travel and want to buy my little one her first little personalized piece of luggage but i read that you should leave the name off just so that nobody will know their name in a public place, like the airport. at first, i thought it was overkill but then i decided to leave it off.

CaliGirlinGA says:

The maintenance worker at the apartment complex has been arrested for the murder of Jorelys.

Let’s pray that he is the right person, because those poor people who live there are on edge until it is proven he is the one.

caligirl says:

@Sandra – I rarely read those reviews but I often check to see where the sexual offenders are living….The one’s that actually report…