British songstress Rita Ora is on fiyah right now! Since being introduced to the U.S. market by her mentor Jay Z, people can’t stop talking about how she is set to replace Rihanna as Urban/Pop music’s “IT” girl. Rita hopped on British rapper Tinie Tempah’s new single “R.I.P.” Fittingly, Rita sings R.I.P. to another girl’s career. “Her days are OVER!,” Rita sings.

“R.I.P.” was written by Young Money rapper Drake and produced by dubstep kings Chase and Status. The tracks follows the release of Rita’s debut single, “Party And Bullsh*t,” off her upcoming album. Rita’s new album is shaping up to be a classic, with contributions from Drake and big time producers, The Dream, Tricky Stewart, Polow Da Don, Ne-Yo, Rico Love and Stargate!

What do you think of Rita’s new single?

[audio:Tinie_Tempah_ft_Rita_Ora-RIP.mp3]

• kahmmillion

I’ll pass. :rolleyes:

• kahmmillion

My gosh, music is getting so lame. Everyone sounds exactly the same. :yawn:

Sandra you getting it in with these post so quickly :yes: But I’ll pass with this blond chicks :rolleyes:

• jazi65

Morning all :hi:

I got to the 20sec mark…nothing special here :shrugs:

kahmmillion says:

My gosh, music is getting so lame. Everyone sounds exactly the same. :yawn:
    Its been lame since early 2000’s :coffee: I buy nothing but old skool now and some folks album

• renegadesince1985

No thanks. :coffee:

• DapisDaShizz

This song SUCKS!!!!!! She sounds horrible. But since she is LSLH she gonna get some radio play.

• breniqua

RIP to Rih Rih?? :thinking:

• http://youtu.be/hsYI8CPUQsc YSoSrs

Rita better enjoy this while it lasts. Sandra’s affections are notoriously…fickle. :coffee:

• kahmmillion

@ jeniefrumdabloc says:

kahmmillion says:
    My gosh, music is getting so lame. Everyone sounds exactly the same.
    Its been lame since early 2000?s I buy nothing but old skool now and some folks album

:yes: And, they just need to choose one singer and one rapper and let them sing and rap every song. It makes no sense to have so many people sounding the same and rapping and singing about the same damn thing on every single song. :rollseyes:

• kahmmillion

@ YSoSrs says:

If Rinta is on Twitter, it will happen sooner not later. :hahaha:

• SugarPieHoneybunn

Wow we have another one crying abt LSLH women. How very insecure of you.

:rolleyes:

Is this bish even black? I think not

• kahmmillion

@ DapisDaShizz says:

:preach:

• ryand91

I’ll pass :coffee: <—- really smart water

• Trendsetter

She’s not going to replace Rihanna

• kahmmillion

@ breniqua says:

RIP to Rih Rih??

Makes no difference, Rina and Rhianna both sound the exact same and look similar….so :shrug:

• MsOnederful

YSoSrs says:

Yep enjoy it now Rita one day your in Auntie’s good graces. Then by the snap of a finger buh Bye to that love fest :rolleyes:

• screwball69

Not this, not today. :nono:

Rice & Okra will not be replacing Rihanna, and especially not Katy Perry with this generic sound.

• http://www.linkedin.com/pub/nontika-blango/47/676/984 LiberianJewels7

:newbie:

GM SR & Family!!!

This song is horrible… On another note, I’m still trying to figure out why RiRi went blonde. Fatal Attraction or am I reaching?

• kahmmillion

:wave: LiberianJewels7

• Mamacita

She sounds like she has a decent voice but the song is TRASH!

• http://youtu.be/hsYI8CPUQsc YSoSrs

:welcome: @LJ7

That’s the theory round these parts. :yes:

• http://www.linkedin.com/pub/nontika-blango/47/676/984 LiberianJewels7

:waves:

kahmmillion

• Shuga Honey

wait hold up?!?!

did she really have that hat (in her hand) on with that outfit?

how unfortunate. :no:

• Shuga Honey

oan good mornting to everyone.

pardon my manners. 🙂

• cocoa49

Nah..

• MSVALLDAY

The song is ok, but for a sec I thought it was Rhianna.

• Ty

:wave: @ all

I bet they have The Dream working over time trying to write Rita’s break through hit :coffee:

• Ty

kahmmillion says:

My gosh, music is getting so lame. Everyone sounds exactly the same.

Yep the creativity is gone in rap and rnb :crying:

• Ty

MSVALLDAY says:

The song is ok, but for a sec I thought it was Rhianna
    I think thats their goal :shrug:

:welcome: Liberian

• sammy

the songs are too European if she can sing live and dance the she is going to make money she is only 19years wow
    I see she doing well in UK harts no wonder why Jay doesnt want to urbanize her she has already paved her lane
    http://twitpic.com/8o84ih via @TwitPic

• Aprilbaby

Morning Folks!

Her voice is flat! Next

• http://www.linkedin.com/pub/nontika-blango/47/676/984 LiberianJewels7

:hi: YSoSrs

I figured that. Jay could still have feeling too, which is why he’s promoting a cafe singer. If he really wanted to let RiRi know he wasn’t putting up with her BS anymore, he would of found someone like Bey. The games man play. SMH

• Trucie

its aiiight!

• liyah623

What makes rihanna unique is that you can spot her voice on any I mean any song. Her voice though not always so pleasant works well for hooks. Whereas Miss Rita sounds like Kelly in this song if you had not mentioned that she was singing the hook I would have assumed it could have been Kelly Rowland, Melanie Fiona or anyone one of those other singers out very different
    I am saying this and I am no big fan of Rihanna’s but you have to admit she is marketable because her voice is unique…..
    Rita is going to have to find a lane for herself and coming out as a Rihanna replacement is very dangerous for her and Sandra if she is going to be the hit you want her to be you will have to find someone else to compare her to or better still create her own lane. She has to find an image for herself that works. Right now she has stated being influenced by Gwen Steffani and you and her team are marketing her as a Rihanna replacement. As a consumer What I am getting is a very confused image. Who did Rihanna replace you ask? No one- no one was cross over accenty-goaty-dancehallish-rnbish-hiphopish-pop the way Rihanna is.
    So she needs to figure out her own image and walk out of the Shadows other wise that’s all she will known as the Rihanna-Gwenstaffani wannabe.
    You should know that the US market for music does not play like that Sandra especially when you are a foreigner.
    For Rihanna to be noticed she had to chop her hair and become a bad girl because those days every was psotting the Beyonce blonde long weave.
    Right now everyone is on the blonde. How is she as a new artist going to stand out when she is blending in with everyone else including (Karrueche) and singing the exact same stuff. Most people couldn’t tell the difference between her and Karrueche unless of course they read Bloggs regularly. The worst part of this is that they hooked her up with a Kardashian. Really that’s one of the most hated brands in America right now
    On the white blogs she is only mentioned when the story is about Rob Kardashian that’s not a good look for her at all.
    So please tell the Roc Nation that leaking stories about Rihanna, and having you write stories about her on the same blog that negatively talks about Jay Z and Beyonce is bad PR move. And to have a new artist get thrown in there too makes for a bad recipe.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

liyah623 says:

True. For the first time in history we now know what goats would sound like if they could sing. :hahaha:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

SugarPieHoneybunn says:

Is this bish even black? I think not

She’s not black.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Shuga Honey says:

wait hold up?!?!

did she really have that hat (in her hand) on with that outfit? how unfortunate.
    —————–

I saw that too. Maybe she was holding it for Jay Z?

• yallcrazy

——————–
    :dead: Auntie, You crazy! :hahaha:

—————————–
    SASSY, you package just arrived! :hug:

• £ the commenter formally known as Hershey

This song is garbage…people across the pond have low standards of what good music is, if this shyt is hot, Rihanna ain’t gat a dayum thing to worry about :coffee: with a long :yawn:

• BigCityGirl

I’ve heard better..she’s not bad though

• http://i35.tinypic.com/ei1sht.jpg Mother Jefferson

kahmmillion says:

My gosh, music is getting so lame. Everyone sounds exactly the same.
    ————–
    :cosign: :zzz: :kona:

• LadyLioness

:cosign: liyah623

Whoever thought this PR strategy would work needs to be fired ASAP.

She’s very basic. :yawn:

• anw_rootbeer

Team Rih, I ain’t clicking that mess!

• Raven

Wick wick wack.

• http://Twitter.com/Ms_TiaCouture MsPretTiTi

That ish is Corn-Ty! :coffee:

• ATLPrincess

I like her… though, I am a sucker for a British accent… 🙂

• laterthannever

I’m usually positively partial towards Imports, but she sounds so blah. Jessie J. did it with more soul.

So Jay Z only manages women? That has to be annoying for Beyonce, a woman with major income too, because the, “I’m doing this for us/our future,” ish would be laughed at. :shrug: