Dez Bryant will face charges for slapping his own mother

Dez Bryant

Dallas Cowboys star Dez Bryant thought his domestic assault case for slapping his own mother would disappear. But Dallas County district attorney Craig Watkins confirmed to ESPNdallas.com on Wednesday that his office plans to file Class A misdemeanor charges against the troubled player.

A man who would slap his own mother is the lowest scum of the earth.

Earlier Wednesday, Watkins told The Dallas Morning News at a speaking engagement that his office will decide the proper way to move forward regarding the prosecution of Bryant. The charges stem from a July 14 disturbance in which Bryant was accused of slapping his mother, Angela Bryant, in the face with his cap.

However, Angela Bryant told authorities in late July that she did not want to pursue charges.

“We have victims every day that file affidavits of non-prosecution,” Watkins told the Dallas Morning News. “We take those into consideration but we take other issues into consideration, too … so that’s just one element of the prosecution that we consider.”

• Cowboys Star Dez Bryant Arrested for Assaulting His Mother
  • Celebs Out & About: Shawty Lo, Royce Reed, Polow Da Don
  • NBA’s Dirtiest Player Wins 500K Judgment Against Baby Mama
  • Maybe Dwight Howard’s Baby Mama Didn’t Get The Memo?

83 Responses to “Dez Bryant will face charges for slapping his own mother”

Donna del Gatto says:

:popcorn:

GAGIRL87 says:

And he needs to go :rolleyes: I WISH my son would slap me CHILE :mad:

Xena68 says:

How you slap yo own mammy

DownBottom says:

Wow..these mofos out of control…SMDH

Sorry but, I don’t know his mama to judge him. :shrug:

#AllParentsAren’tREALParents

MSVALLDAY says:

LOL these folks kill me with this hitting and slapping their parents. Who are their parents? Man if me or my brothers (as grown as we are) even look at my mammie sideways today she coming off the top ropes on us.

brownskin A.K.A Creamy says:

I got nuffin :coffee:

Keesh says:

You never know what really happened.
      He may have had some ribs or shiat that was so good….it made you wanna slap yo mama
      Ok, this was lame, nevamind :kona:

yanibunny02 says:

Welps..maybe he had some good azz chicken from the sould food place down the skreet and took tha slogan literally.. :shrugs:

lovezoe says:

:coffee: Not excusing his behavior, but how many Ray-Rays do they prosecute when Sheneneh decide she don’t want to press charges.

georgia queen says:

How does a grown ass man slap his mama??

She was 13 when she had Dez. :thinking: I cant absolve her from the mess she mustve contributed to.

Oh. And the Cowboys suck. :tea:

PiscesRising says:

Will Mr. Simmons be taking the opportunity to life Mr. Bryant up in private as well? Or does that only apply to persons under the management of the Def Jam enterprise?

Slapped with a cap? Like a ball cap? Sounds like he was knocking something away. I remember this but I didnt remember the cap part.

I thought it was open hand or something.

Bad Influence says:

i wonder if he had some of that good bah-bah-bahh bbq!

they say its so good you’ll slap your own…maybe its too soon.. :kona:

DEz Needs to be slapped,body slammed and collar Horsed for his Gawd Awful Game!
      #loser

@ Shaun…I noticed the cap part too. I’m sure he didn’t beat the hell out of her with a cap. Like I said, I don’t know his mama and I for damned sure don’t know what happened. I can’t judge him. Look what Mario’s mama did to him.

Milky says:

i would never slap my mother, no matter what she did. My mother (RIP) and I had some issues, but i would never and she wouldnt have let me. I would’ve been six feet under or in a coma in the hospital. I know all mothers arent good mothers, but they are still mothers!! He would be the one at his mother’s funeral tryin to get in the casket with her!!

NaijaGal says:

The statement doesn’t say they will press charges though…and if they move forward then Craig just wants that tv shine

NaijaGal says:

KEESH & BAD ‘FLU on the same damn page :rofl: what has the world come to…I blame Sandy

Hissy and Kita :wave: :hug: :kiss:

Bad Influence says:

I saw Jackson :hug:

Milky says:

NaijaGal says:

KEESH & BAD ‘FLU on the same damn page what has the world come to…I blame Sandy

__________________________________
      I was thankin the same thang!!

LadieLeo says:

What’s sad is folk are gonna sweep this under the rug but still trippin on Vick bout some dogs. :shrugs:

Bad Influence says:

@Naija, thats what i get for not reading the comments first :rofl:

Keesh says:

I remember when my older sister and I tried my mom when we were teenagers…She beat the shiat out of both of us at the same damn time.

Bad Influence says:

stay out of this Milky :hahaha:

I wonder if the glass broke when it dropped :tea:

Bibi says:

NaijaGal says:

KEESH & BAD ‘FLU on the same damn page what has the world come to…I blame Sandy

:rofl: :rofl: :hugs: @bad

YSoSrs says:

Depends on what his mama did to get slapped. :shrugs:

Anna says:

@ 13 you can not raise a child. He probably has as much respect, as Labron has for his mother.

HARRISBURG, Pa. —
      Former Penn State President Graham Spanier was charged Thursday with hushing up child sex abuse complaints against Jerry Sandusky, taking the allegations of a “conspiracy of silence” to the highest level of the university and marking another chapter in the dramatic downfall of a once-renowned administrator.
      Prosecutors also added counts against two of Spanier’s former underlings, Tim Curley and Gary Schultz, who were already charged with lying to the grand jury that investigated the former Penn State assistant football coach.
      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
      Hmmp :tea: All em going down down down

NaijaGal says:

According to a police report obtained by TMZ, copes responded to a domestic violence call at the home of Dez Bryant’s mother in DeSoto, Texas on July 14 at 1:47 PM. When cops arrived at the home, Bryant’s mother, Angela, told police her son hit her in the face and grabbed her shirt so hard that he ripped her bra.

On the 911 call, Angela said, “My son has assaulted me. He’s here now. he won’t go home. I keep telling him to go, he won’t go…. I can’t let him keep doing me like this.

“I’m gonna put an end to it today,” she said as Bryant yelled profanities in the background of the call.

Angela Bryant called police 2 days later to report pain in her wrists, hands and arms and chest — where Dez pushed her.
      ==========================
      from Sandra’s post July 17th :tea:

WUT IZ A LOLLIPOP says:

:think: and he still alive after he did this huh…meh couldn’t be my son….

kingstonn says:

i wish one of my siblings or me would even THINK about laying a finger on my mom. *shudders* it’s creepy even thinking about it. idk what’s wrong with these people these days. :no:

Sam says:

Hi Luvin :hi:
      I always felt Sandusky was the bottom of the barrel that that situation goes wayyyy over him. He was just the “fall” guy even though he was guilty of it too, but I think it goes alot higher than him :no:

Gigi26 says:

I have nothing :shrugs:

Hope his mother is off them drugs for good though :yes:

My MIL Gloria was 16. If numbers matter.

I went to the preggo girls school with a chick, Martia, I’ll never forget her…the most mature 12yo I ever met in my life.

Weird… but I was not “surprised” that she was pregnant at 12. She was well beyond her years.

Keesh says:

NaijaGal says:

KEESH & BAD ‘FLU on the same damn page what has the world come to…I blame Sandy

lol…Dont leave Yani out…she said the same thang at the same damn time

@ Naija…Ohhhhhhhhhhh THAT’S him! Well, that sounds pretty bad but, I know from personal experience that someone isn’t automatically the devil because they have a tiff with a parent.

Some parents are abusive and use that title as a power trip.

MSVALLDAY says:

Keesh says:

________________________________________________________________

I bucked at momma once in my early 20’s and to this day I don’t know how I got on the floor on my back with her knees holding me down cropped right up close to my neck. It happened so fast I still can recall how I ended up there. I knew for a fact at that very moment THIS CHICK DON’T PLAY DAT!

Lil Wut’s mama aint no crack head. :no:

Gigi26 says:

I remember when my friends brother slapped his mother.

:no: That nigga almost got beat to death once they told his uncle.

His father beat the shyt out of him. Then once they told his uncle, he took his ass upstairs to a room and squared the hell up with him. Beat the dog shyt out of him.

He never even so much raised his voice at his mother again. :yes:

LadieLeo says:

*********************************

Sounds like he puts hands on her on a regular :no:

Ty says:

Im not excusing his behavior but wasn’t his mom an addict or something :think: Auntie pour the tea :shrug:

WUT IZ A LOLLIPOP says:

Lil Wut’s mama aint no crack head.
      —————-
      This is true :lol:

Gigi26 says:

And like the saying goes:

Money changes the people around you :shrugs:

brownskin A.K.A Creamy says:

I had a Friend in Atlanta that her twins abused her (perSAY) then they killed their mother (alledgelly (sp) :coffee: as BERNIE MAC (RIP) SAID said These kids aint gone kill me Ima kill them

NaijaGal says:

MzDimplez1123 says:

Some parents are abusive and use that title as a power trip.
      ==========================
      I think down here it was stated she was about that drug life and he was tired of supporting her cause she didn’t want to get right…I saw her when they had that conference and she had that frankie look about her so…yeah the mere fact that you birth me doesn’t automatically garner you respect

Gigi26 says:

I bucked at momma once in my early 20?s and to this day I don’t know how I got on the floor on my back with her knees holding me down cropped right up close to my neck. It happened so fast I still can recall how I ended up there. I knew for a fact at that very moment THIS CHICK DON’T PLAY DAT!

:rofl: Maaan one time I tried to buck up with my mother, maaan she ran and pounced on me so fast all I saw was white light for a good 2 mins. I was quiet for the rest of the night!!

GellySammich says:

My boss is yelling like shyt right now at the Sears automated system :rofl: cussin n all

Sam says:

yeah the mere fact that you birth me doesn’t automatically garner you respect
      ^^^^
      respect is earned. I treat my kids as people first/then my children.

@ Gelly..Their website will have you ready to punch your monitor. :mad:

MSVALLDAY says:

Gigi26 says:

I ain’t mess wit that chick at all for a minute either. I was so undercover that night it was cray. Quiet as a church mouse.

WUT IZ A LOLLIPOP says:

Gigi26 says:

————————-
      I remember being in a store with my mom and my sister My sister asked for something and my mom said no.. My sister said under her breath “shoot..make me si…” she didn’t get the “ck” out I blinked and all I heard was BIP-BOP-BLAP-BLAP! When I looked around my sister was holding the side of her head in one of those silent cries and my mom had her back turned looking at cereal labels… It was so quick I just stood there stunned like :eek:

MSVALLDAY says:

@Gigi26

:dead: @pounced

@
      @ Sam . .
      MmmmH Hmmm,I read a few months back that they we’re being investigaed for . . . :pc: Hold on let me ee if i can fnd the article.
      But yes its BIGGER Than what he Know of at this Point!

Diva says:

Xena68 says:

How you slap yo own mammy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Iffin I did that at any age I would not be alive to tell the story……

NaijaGal says:

WUT IZ A LOLLIPOP says:

======================
      :rofl: :rofl: <———NOT FUNNY

GellySammich says:

all I heard was BIP-BOP-BLAP-BLAP!… and my mom had her back turned looking at cereal labels…

BIP-BOP-BLAP-BLAP!

:lol: I see old 80’s type cartton effects :lol:

PiscesRising says:

My mom threw a telephone book at me from the bottom of the stairs back in early 2007. I threw it back at her.

She came up the steps and I came down towards her. She smacked me. I smacked her back.

She Liu Kang’ed me in the chest so hard, I FLEW backwards into the bathroom, into the bathtub and the bathtub tile on the wall where I landed crumbled.

I packed my bags and moved out 20 mins later. Aint moved back home since. :no:

I was in my early 20s when all this took place.

Ty says:

brownskin A.K.A Creamy says:

I had a Friend in Atlanta that her twins abused her (perSAY) then they killed their mother (alledgelly (sp) as BERNIE MAC (RIP) SAID said These kids aint gone kill me Ima kill them
      I remember this story. What happened to the girls? Last I heard, they seperated them. It was a very sad story

Keesh says:

brownskin A.K.A Creamy says:

I remember hearing about this. I think I saw the story on this site a while back

Liu Kang’ed

:ghost:

WorkInProgress says:

………
      damn so this is not the first time this happened? for shame shame shame

WorkInProgress says:

Man I sucked my teeth at my mom once, the broom she was sweeping with connected with my ankles. i went down like a piece of toilet paper

GellySammich says:

Panty drippin :newpost: up!

Can someone please tell me why when you get a mini flatiron they don’t have temperature settings and they are set for 410 degrees?

A man who would slap his own mother is the lowest scum of the earth.

You ain’t lying :tea:

Ty says:

:nono: I jumped outta my body one time and told my granny to wash her own dishes :blink: she stole on my azz like that bus driver then made me wash dishes and the neighbors dishes to prove a damn point :crying:

Chupilives says:

I will never condone anyone hitting on their mama, but just like being a sperm donor doesn’t make you a daddy…getting pregnant and pushing out a child you don’t want and never care for in your life doesn’t make you a mama. Dez Bryant’s mom had him at 13 and has been on crack most of his life. Most of us have not grown up with crackhead mothers so in this case I will reserve my judgment. My aunt is on crack and the things she has put her kids through and continues to put them through everytime she “cleans” up only to go right back to the crack makes me want to put my hands on her!!! I will not go to jail over some crackhead though. I’ve told my cousins she is lost and just let her go, but they still yearn for the love of their mother even if she is a crackhead.

GellySammich says:

I don’t have a story to tell :no: always been scared of my mom. she got any “talk back” that was in me outta there when I was little and she would thump the holy hell out of my bottom lip

Diva says:

Ty says:

I jumped outta my body one time and told my granny to wash her own dishes she stole on my azz like that bus driver then made me wash dishes and the neighbors dishes to prove a damn point

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      :rofl: she stole that azz huh, TY? :rofl:

Sam says:

Luvin
      I figured that much. Just common sense you can’t have that one man doing all those things to those children and no one but the intermediate people knew? I find that hard to believe

MSVALLDAY says:

WUT IZ A LOLLIPOP says:

:bow:

This just gave me life today. OMG that was so damn funny. I LOL at work at my desk. Sitting here with tears in my eyes that was so damn funny.

MSVALLDAY says:

LOL at your out of body expierence. Nana never had to spank me. She scared the shyt out of me since day 1.

Ty says: