Oxygen Cancels Shawty Lo’s ‘All My Baby’s Mamas’ Reality Show

Shawty Lo show cancelled

The Oxygen Network has caved under public pressure and canceled the much-anticipated reality show based on prolific breeder Shawty Lo and his 11 kids by 10 moms.

Daily Beast’s Allison Samuels states that, according to her sources, Oxygen has canceled the show amidst public protests and online petitions.

Samuels wrote that Oxygen at first defended the show, saying “It was not meant to be a stereotypical representation of everyday life for any one demographic or cross section of society.”

A Change.org petition that Lamb created reached more than 40,000 signatures from people demanding that the show not air.

“I love that the people who’ve signed the petition are from all backgrounds, ages, and countries,” writes Lamb. “This one elderly white man wrote me and said even he was tired of the stereotypical images of black people.”

She added: “My disdain for these shows really grew by leaps and bounds as minorities began to appear more and more in them. In an industry that’s never been overly interested in showcasing people of color or their lives, the notion that now we’d all of sudden become interesting just seemed too good to be true.”

“This show is about more than a rapper and his girlfriends,” Lamb writes. “This is a show about kids who had no choice in how they came into the world. This show sets them up to be ridiculed and made fun of. None of us should be OK with that.”

• Rapper Jai Jai pregnant with Shawty Lo’s baby (again)?
  • Shawty Lo’s Ex Speaks Out
  • FanMAIL: Rapper Jai Jai Was the Victim of Medical Malpractice
  • EXCLUSIVE: Shawty Lo and his baby mama, Ecreia, back together

103 Responses to “Oxygen Cancels Shawty Lo’s ‘All My Baby’s Mamas’ Reality Show”

LSLH says:

Thank GOD!

LSLH says:

Thank GOD!

eastpointvet says:

dang i wanted to see this i mean it was one episode not a series.

kingstonn says:

——————————————————

Such A F'n Lady says:

My :pray: have been answered.

That picture though :nono:

kingstonn says:

what is that mess in the blonde hair? :blink:

WUT U TALKIN BOUT?! says:

nooooo…reallly… awww sHucks I was reallyy thinking I had a chance of ignoring this STUUUUPID RATCHED CHYT !!! :coffee:

free says:

“In an industry that’s never been overly interested in showcasing people of color or their lives, the notion that now we’d all of sudden become interesting just seemed too good to be true.”

*****************************

she ain’t lying….

Such A F'n Lady says:

__________________________________________________

Ok, wait a minute. How the heyul would an elderly white man find out about the show? Like really? I mean, when I think elderly I think 70, 80 and above. Maybe their idea of elderly is younger. :shrugs:

:sad: <<Shawty Hoe

:crying: <<Baby Momma #1
      :crying: <<Baby Momma #2
      :crying: <<Baby Momma #3
      :crying: <<Baby Momma #4
      :crying: <<Baby Momma #5
      Etc.

lexdiamonz says:

SKEEWEE HAPPY FOUNDERS DAY SOROR’S!!!!!! *hair flip*

look at those babies!!!! :coffee: Bless their heart

back to the lab DOWN SYNDROME I mean short and low!!! WHAT oxygen must REALLY be broke that lil bit of folks SHUT IT DOWN BLACK POWER pumps fist

what is that mess in the blonde hair?

________

:huh:
      Looks like Keyshia Cole doin bad these days…

FuturedocDonte says:

:pray: for all those kids that got that ol long face of his

I didn’t realize that the one to his right was of his women. I counted her as one of the chirren

NaijaGal says:

I think it’s doing too much…meh call me crazy but there are bigger corporations and things folks should be protesting, not a show where you can turn the channel :shrug:

Anna says:

eastpointvet says:

dang i wanted to see this i mean it was one episode not a series.

~~~~~~~~
      I wanted to watch also. They have Sister Wives w/11-50 siblings.

Damnit! I wanted to watch! Damn you self righteous petition signers!

Let them get that other money. Be the main Patriots complaining about social services..which is where these kids headed. Ugh. :eyeroll:

Guess I’ll watch honey boo boo.

KABYEYOU says:

i just wanted to see his spray on hairline

Such A F'n Lady says:

FuturedocDonte says:

for all those kids that got that ol long face of his

_______________________________
      She does look like she could be one of them.

lexdiamonz says:

WHY that blonde hair chick got on safety goggles 0_o ???

Looks like Keyshia Cole doin bad these days…

Shattup. :lol: Its too early.

NaijaGal says:

CATFISH :eek: I would’ve been ok with dude beating that catfish’s ass

Ty says:

Good :applause: We have enough phuckery on tv. They would’ve ended up giving him a whole season once the ratings came in :nono: That thing standing next to him should not be out in public let alone on tv.

If you look 60 u should not have a long blond weave and a halter top on :hurl:

Morning All :wave:

100% usa made! says:

Can’t lie, I’m disappointed! I was looking forward to this train wreck. Oh well…next

kingstonn says:

the two bookends at the top are cute!
      & at least all the kids look alike. :shrug:

libra80sbaby says:

:claps: Thank you Sweet Baby Jesus and Oxygen. Now, to get this other trash off tv…

That’s horrible. Folk just refuse to let a nigra eat. Well maybe BET or VH1 will give him a show so he can feed all them damn chirren.

Diva says:

God knows best!!!!!!! We gots to do better!

Gigi26 says:

Welp…I see both sides but honestly it was one episode.

And we got waaaaay more other things to get riled up about..

Crickett says:

So black men can’t be trashy? Angry Black Woman Mafia attacks….what about all the other reality shows that promote violence and whoredom and tomfoolery?

Diva says:

:wave: hey Ty

Diva says:

Hey Bird, whats the name of the site hunni? do tell
      ************************
      http:
      //fingercomber.bigcartel.com/product/havanna-hair-in-onyx-similar-to-color-1-but-a-richer-more-natural-hue

*****************

There’s a space after the : so delete that.

Genia says:

Not that i PERSONALLY planned to watch this show….BUT i do want to know what is the difference between this show and sister wives? If Shawty low had indicated this was his religion would we have felt better?

I would have loved to see this turn out to be a positive show..a father not running from child support, a group of mothers forming a unit to work as one for the greater good. Siblings that actually know the person next to them is a brother or a sister…. Perhaps if the trailer had indicated a bunch of bickering black mothers and their lost souled children, it would have remained in rotation.

What part of any show airing today, premiering a black person does not ring loud with sterotypes?

FuturedocDonte says:

CATFISH I would’ve been ok with dude beating that catfish’s ass

:stop: naija I haven’t seen it yet. My timeline on fb and twitter was blown to pieces behind catfish

cheeks8683 says:

Yes!!!! :danban:

Finally signing one of those onine petitions has paid off!

Morning All!

:offtopic: any of yall catch Catfish last night? Made me cringe *shutters*

Angry Black Woman Mafia
      ________________________

:cuss: <— them

:argue: <– them

WUT U TALKIN BOUT?! says:

:rofl: @ Man n all them crying mama’s

Gigi26 says:

Isn’t Television for the sole purpose of entertainment? Am I missing something here? :thinking:

Div-er?.. braid out?

FuturedocDonte says:

Dammit cheeks… What I just say :hahaha:

Betamax82 says:

His show gets canceled while Honey Boo Boo and nasty gang gets to stay *smh*

NaijaGal says:

Genia says:

=======================
      preaching the good word this morn I see *passes the collection plate*

oohlalalun says:

NaijaGal says:

CATFISH I would’ve been ok with dude beating that catfish’s ass

———————————————–

Naija when he came out I was :dead: I don’t know how Nev does it! I would have been rolling :rofl:

@Bird that hair is LOVELY. #fonthustling

WUT U TALKIN BOUT?! says:

Genia says:

————————
      Genia come here bew… :hug: In a perfect world, what you mentioned above would be idealistic… but based on the previews… :no: we were in for ratched type foolishness…

kingstonn says:

@ Gigi
      that’s what I was saying. I was gonna watch it. if you don’t like the sht that’s being displayed on TV, turn it off. idk why that’s so hard for ppl to do. :shrug:

*adds a $2 bill to the plate* :yes:

Crickett says:

No I would not watch but their are people like them that would, in hoods from Atlanta to Detroit to L.A. they would have been “supastars”(in my Joseline voice) and I can dig it. I agree, let them get their 15 minutes, those kids will be disappointed Daddy’s show got cancelled because a bunch of angry black woman that hate black men started a riot.

WUT U TALKIN BOUT?! says:

NaijaGal says:

Genia says:

=======================
      preaching the good word this morn I see *passes the collection plate*
      —————————
      Watch the preview of sista wives and watch the preview of Shawty No’s… I see the difference in HOW it is presented.

KyCakes says:

NaijaGal says:

CATFISH I would’ve been ok with dude beating that catfish’s ass
      ———————————————————————-
      I was :shocked:

I knew there was something funky going on, just didn’t think it would be a gay black cat…. :no:

Where I can watch a episode of “Catfish” online?

NaijaGal says:

Gigi26 says:

=========================
      nope…ask those same folks about getting black youths some internships or volunteering at a high school…protesting these racists companies or fighting for better groceries in their neighborhoods and all will be mute, but ready to march for some ish you can just turn off, they up for it

Wut, OTB, Kingston, Naija, oOOOH , Diva :waves: Cheek, Donte, Gigi :waves:

we were in for ratched type foolishness…

The only ratchet I saw in the trailer was the Mamas jocking for their kids.. and really, exs/bms/bds dont always get along and thats not always “ratchet”…its human nature.

And what Genia said..the kids do know each other, Shawty can take care of them with legal money instead of tossing bricks at a chain gang..

Trendsetter says:

Damn..ya’ll know I love ratchet tv

Trendsetter says:

Oh yea I heard Catfish was good last night!

cheeks8683 says:

Dammit cheeks… What I just say
      _________________________________

@Future, sorry….I literally screamed when the “Catfish” emerged….

KyCakes says:

:rofl: @libra’s gravi

__________________________________

Bowling. :eek: Why for is that on TV? I .Turn. It. Off.

You tried MTV @Man?

kingstonn says:

@ Manuel
      you can watch it on MTV I think. :think:

KyCakes says:

JEN-AY! :hug:

Oh lemme quit being prudish :lick:

There ya go! :lol:

FuturedocDonte says:

Ima have to watch it tonight… I hope it come back on

NaijaGal says:

@WUT – I’ve seen the previews of Sisterwives…I choose to not watch cause the chit is stupid and they’re all famewhores…I don’t think I would’ve watched Shawty’s show and that’s my point…if I don’t like something I don’t put my energy into it…turn the channel, don’t watch…or you might’ve watched and seen a genuine family man cause as we know you can’t trust previews or edits

:newpost: is up.

cheeks8683 says:

Where I can watch a episode of “Catfish” online?

_______________________________________________

Should be on mtv.com

@Jenie- Good morning :wave:

NaijaGal says:

JENIE :waves:

kingstonn says:

hey jenie! :yahoo:

@ otb
      I hate lifetime channel as a whole, but do you think I’m writing my Senator and Obama? :lol: :no:

Genia says:

**********************

Girl stop getting my pressure up. The people that got this cancelled are the same ones that think every comedy with a black cast is cooning. Nigras can’t do comedy and they can’t do dark drama. It gotta be upbeat at all times cause, you know, that’s the reality. I wonder how much mentoring they are doing while they are trying to hold down underpriviledged folks that are trying to make it in this new legal hustle that was created just for them?

Ty says:

If u want to piss off some white folks mention Honey Boo Boo and watch how they cringe. Just because the show is still on doesnt make it productive (including the rest of these dumb azz shows). This show would not have been a good reflection on Lo or his family IMO.

Apparition says:

Oxygen–> :cuss: We produce ratchet tv because yall watch ratchet tv! Fuk is yall bytchin about! No worries though, you’ll soon tire of the shyt you’ve become accustomed to and you’ll be begging us to up the ante.
      The first hit is free… :waiting:

hell_on_heels says:

I signed the petition and thank GOD they have decided to cancel this mess! I still have the initial petition if anyone would like to add their signatures to it. Morning roses….. :)

This show would not have been a good reflection on Lo or his family IMO.
      ________________________________

Ty, at the end of the day :lol: , the money is whats going to matter most to a fam of that size.

What could have been so bad? What could be so dammaging to their future that has already happ’d?

You guys disparage these mamas everytime his name comes up anyway. I’m sure they would rather get a check then get free-bashed. :shrug:

Diva says:

@Bird, thank you hunni…………..

Apparition says:

Bowling. Why for is that on TV?
      —————————————-
      Iono. Same way I feel about the Strongman competition on ESPN but I stop and watch it sometimes. :shrug:

announcer: Magnus Vangleesonbleeson is attempting to break the record by lifting the corner of this duplex 9 times.
      me -> :popcorn:

Diva says:

Div-er?.. braid out?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      I did it…………

lexdiamonz says:

THE DIFFERENCE IS:
      WHITE man calling them WIVES and put a ring on ALL of them
      BLACK MAN calling them BABYMAMMA’S and “dating” a teenager

and while Becky them know their lanes baking bread for 40, doing taxes and collecting seperate foodstamps coming ole boy bouncing and behaving hair…. S-LO AKA (SLOW) got, bougie, crazy, lazy-eye and what ever OTHER PHUCKERY he nicknamed them chicks going on going on…. I predict some network will pick up this RATING GOLD !!! LOL

Yasssss @Div-er :thumbsup: I read your comments, Felicia! :hahaha:

Genia says:

Lays head upon the bossom of WUT U TALKIN BOUT…:wail: i’m just tired of folks picking on our PEOPLE :wail:

Ty says:

This show would not have been a good reflection on Lo or his family IMO.
      ________________________________

Ty, at the end of the day , the money is whats going to matter most to a fam of that size.

Thats the problem OTB…the money. Folks cant see past money and fame long enough to use their common sense. Its not even guranteed :( Granted, they were only given one show. So all of them would’ve had to split that check :nono:

So it may have not been that bad, but what would they (Lo, BM’s, and kids) gain? :shrug: Its not even a come up for the fam. at this point? Its nothing but white folks coming up off of our phuckery. :coffee:

lexdiamonz says:

*combing*

kingstonn says:

@ apparition

__________________________

I see yalls points..I just dont agree that this “special” wouldve been any worse or more taboo than any of the Wives, Black or white, or the other reality shows that run full seasons. After seasons. :(

Couldve turned them around, or given them another path…if it results in “fame” good for them and us…It was one show, right? I cant see the harm. Sorry.

Genia says:

Bird..
      ___________________________________________________________
      I feel you. Tyler Perry has inoculated the masses into believing tht every black family can be saved by a sassy talking gun toting ederly woman.
      I beg the same quesiton when it comes to the discussion of Django. and the main argument being the use of the N-Word. taking away from the powerfulness of the story line. I think Spike Lee and Hughes brothers are both full of shyt.. I can guarentee MENENCE to SOCIETY used the N-Word just as much as Django…and Spike Lee is mad that his messages are detected 10 minutes itno his movies..

Leslie says:

Good! We don’t need anymore ratchet TV!

Ty says:

I agree…they all need to go especially BBW :coffee: I think these networks are trying to see how ratchet they can get at this point because its ratings/money for them. They are not paying out half of what they’re brining in which pisses me off. They would’ve made millions off Lo and his fam (ratings) and sent his azz back to Bankhead with all those kids. I think they are still trying to push BMF Wives :nono: Some shyt aint for tv IMO

cougar lover says:

just came in this here post to laugh at shawty hoe…live up the street from TI, and still can’t catch up. :rofl:

free says:

people really sticking up for this irresponsible coon and his irresponsible baby maws….

Oprahs Bunion says:

lexdiamonz says:

THE DIFFERENCE IS:
      WHITE man calling them WIVES and put a ring on ALL of them
      BLACK MAN calling them BABYMAMMA’S and “dating” a teenager
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      I agree here. There is a big difference between sister wives and my baby mama’s.

libra80sbaby says:

Naw…keep Honey Boo-Boo chit on the air…bout time white folk get exposed too. :coffee:

MSVALLDAY says:

Good! I can’t stand this crap. I’m sick of looking at this crap.

pointhimout says:

People watch T-boz lil show and act as if they’re bored outta their minds cuz she doesn’t present manufactured drama. Now that friendship tween she and Tara tho>>>>>>>>>>. Every reality show is a group of trifling folk that dont get along, but choose to still hang out and go to dinner to discuss why they will not get along…all while planning the next event to continue the argument.

EyesofScorpio says:

“I’m not saying he should be ashamed of his kids, but he should be ashamed to have fathered so many kids with so many different women. Eleven kids by 4 women may not look as trifling if he was at least in a real relationship. Clearly, with 10 baby moms, ur just nuttin’ in them and moving on. He looks really ignorant with that bs. It’s time all these networks pull these dumb reality shows and stop making thz niglets popular.”

:applause: :applause:

The Pearl! says:

I signed the petition. I’m probably older than many of the posters here (54). I was a child whose mother had me (and my sibs) out marching and singing We Shall Overcome in the 60’s. I think what many are missing (in my humble opinion) is that there is not the myriad of “positive” representations of black people on the airwaves, like there is for white folks. So, to say, “well white folks have sister wives/honey boo-boo” does not balance the scales. We should care that our teenagers (and pre-teens) would be exposed to this type of show, because they aren’t mature enough yet to understand that “it’s only entertainment.” I have a nephew who actually said to me: “I wanna come to Atlanta, Auntie, cuz it looks real crunk in the Lil John videos.” THIS is the mindset of young people and we should care what THEY are exposed to — not just think about ourselves. Simply turning the channel is not enough. We’ve got to think beyond the surface.

KrayZKat says:

Thank God this show did not see the light of day. I’ve been reading some comments in which some are asking what the difference is between Sister Wives and this debacle of a show. There is no different. Both men are ratchet and irresponsible, except, there are more images to choose from when it comes to “white” reality programming. Since the media is Jew-run, they control what we see or choose not to see. We don’t need another negative stereotype depicting black men as over-sex beasts and black women as not being able to keep their legs closed and being “baby mamas.” Where do we stop this madness? We all know we can “turn the channel.” That’s not the point.

People who are defending this show are also approving the exploitation of Shawty’s children AND really don’t seem to care about how we are presented to the world. As long as many of us keep supporting this garbage in the name of “entertainment,” the white-owned networks will continue to make money off our negative stereotypes.

For those accusing the petition signers for not protesting “bigger fish,” you assume too much about people you don’t know. I signed the petition, yet I’m a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA/Guardian Ad Litem) and am very involved in my community. If those before us had many of the attitudes I’m reading here, Amos and Andy would’ve been on the air longer than it should. Some people care about our images more so than being “entertained.”

The Pearl! says:

Thank you KrayZKat. Thank you. You reminded me of something. I signed the petition and I, too, am very involved in my community. I volunteer with homeless women and children, cleaning the kitchen and preparing meals. I am also involved with Big Brothers/Big Sisters, and mentor many young people whom I come in contact with on a daily basis (on my job). If people want to watch this stuff, then do so (I completely understand “guilty pleasures”), but don’t assume, then degrade people who hold differing opinions from yours. We should be able to have healthy, intelligent dialogue about issues that affect/depict us.

MsChocoTe says:

I am glad it was cancelled. This man needs his balls in a grip not a TV show.

KrayZKat says:

@Pearl, you are very welcome, and thank you for keeping it 100! You hit on every point I was trying to make. Just because we protested doesn’t mean we aren’t involved.

I’m in my 40s and grew up with some guilty pleasures on TV, but in this day and age, the reality garbage has gone too far. The networks keep pushing the envelope, and many of us are tired of the nonsense. Yes, we protest, but we also make things happen in our communities. We can do both.

This isn’t the first forum where I’ve read people making assumptions. It’s as if they are angry because they can’t indulge in another episode of foolishness. If they choose to watch, that’s on them, but, like you said, to degrade people because they are fed up is very unfair.