Billboard Magazine Rips Beyonce to Shreds

Billboard Magazine Rips Beyonce

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery — except when Beyonce brazenly steals from others.

When Beyonce’s career is over in a couple of years, the untalented singer will only be remembered for ripping off the creative works of others. Billboard magazine, which usually writes puff pieces in servile deference to Beyonce, wrote a particularly scathing op-ed piece about Beyonce’s shameless thievery today.

“Any artist, including Beyoncé, can wear whatever another artist wore, but that multiplicity gets suspicious and easily pegged as stealing,” Billboard writes.

After listing Beyonce’s more notorious creative thefts over the years, the music magazine concludes:

But more bothersome than Bey’s inspiration-turned-imitation act – and less subtle as her career progresses – is that she’s playing off the risks that other artists have been brave enough to take (and appropriately praised for) instead of challenging herself and taken some herself.

Perhaps visual and dance concepts don’t come as naturally to her as vocal prowess, but I’m doubtful that she can recruit those for which it does. Even as a vocal performer, Beyonce is more of a canvas than a creator.

Ouch!

Thanks to loyal reader Jennett for the tip.

• Beyonce admits she breastfeeds Blue Ivy in public
  • Blue Ivy’s Auntie Solange Knowles Wants Some Attention Too
  • Report: Jay Z Earned $63 Million, Donated $6,000 to Charity
  • fanMAIL: Beyonce’s Fake Pregnancy

86 Responses to “Billboard Magazine Rips Beyonce to Shreds”

Wow :tea: and who is that in the other pic :thinking: Icki?

Well it’s no secret that B is not the most original lady on the planet. On the plus side, the other photo is getting more exposure than it probably had in the past.

Mamacita says:

Oh… :shrug:

69 says:

Didn’t they create an award for her a few years back?

Fickle media, I tell you what. :hahaha:

LSLH says:

Most people realize that she’s a fake and depends on others for creativity. Remember the Single Ladies video/dance..?! It was a rip off too.

Mamacita says:

But aren’t most photo shoots directed by a phtogropher, not the actual artist? So wouldn’t that mean that…you know what, nevermind.

Hey y’all :waves:

Who is that in the other photo :thinking:

Mamacita says:

@69 Exactly! That was just what? 2 years ago? :lol:

LSLH says:

Hell all her ish is Rip off :shrugs:

NaijaGal says:

5..4…3..2..1 CONTACT

:yawn:

Mamacita says:

@jen looks like Nicki M

iAmChan says:

Beyonce? Welp, guess it’s time for my afternoon peep at xvideos

Mamacita says:

Rip off vs. inspiration

ehhhh…

NaijaGal says:

Mamacita says:

@jen looks like Nicki M

That’s what I was thinking :huh:

Bombshell Esq says:

:deadhorse:

Get Inspired >>> :thankyou:

Bombshell Esq says:

That’s Gaga in the 2nd pic

MissTaken says:

:shade: I guess they told her

Bombshell Esq says:

That’s Gaga in the 2nd pic

It is :blink: really?

Nakeya_j says:

Hell all her ish is Rip off : :yes: it is

As long as you give credit I’m not bothered but I believe she’s not know for giving people their credit until she’s called out :yes: True. And really, if she is so great why can’t she come up with her own stuff?! smdh.

i aint feeling either pic. it’s doin too much for me :shrug:

MissTaken says:

by NaijaGal on May 1, 2013 at 3:49 pm
      ————
      True

Both photos look Demonic as heyull though :no: seriously

Bombshell Esq says:

@ Jenie I’on know I’m asking :shrug:

@ first glance, I thought she was Madonna. I like the Gaga one better. :shrug:

Where have I seen these white faces before :thinking: wasn’t this look in a movie, not with the dress, but the painted white faces :thinking:

Mrs. Beyonce Carter World Tour requires the maintenance of just a few small details:

-$900 for titanium straws, which will be used to drink a special alkaline water that’s served at exactly 21 degrees

-a “hand-carved ice-ball” must reportedly be available post-show for Beyonce to use as a soothing lollipop for her vocal cords.

-The entire crew is also mandated to wear 100% cotton, which would presumably protect Bey from allergens.

-There is to be no junk food on tour — only almonds, oatcakes and green vegetables.

-The singer’s little girls’ room must be outfitted with a new toilet seat (can you blame her?)

-And perhaps best of all, Mrs. Carter reportedly requires red toilet paper. Because, duh. Every part of Beyonce deserves the red-carpet treatment.

welp, i feel like skrippin! :thankyou:

Bombshell Esq says:

FAY you get my text???

Tt says:

She’s in ‘white face’ how is that not racist?

I know !!!!!!!!That crazy azz movie the CELL !!!! With Jennifer Lopez hell they are both rip off and dude had the horns and the all white body :tea:

that Thank you emote looks drugged outta his mind. :rofl:

@Man™,
      somebody aint get the memo that colored TP aint good for the poom-poom :no:

iAmChan says:

@ Fay

You know Im a photographer, someone booked me in Huntsville….I ain’t finna move there, lol!

MissTaken says:

I don’t like the pictures because it makes me think I see dead people :pacifier:

DIMPZ!!! :kiss: hey beautiful!

Bomb :no: lemme go look for my phone guhl brb

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Ion believe this :nono: that can not be real :no:

libra80sbaby says:

:rolleyes:

iAmChan says:

@ Fay

You know Im a photographer,

:stop: no i didn’t know that. how long u been at it?

@ Fay…Exactly that shyt bleed, she gotta problem. :no:

FAY! :kiss: I see you stunnin on your page. :yes:

MzDimplez1123 says:

I The Cell.

You remember :yes: dude was completely white exactly like this :yes:

The hair detail in the GaGa pic is beautiful.

Bombshell Esq says:

Dimpz :hug:

Ion believe that’s Gaga her nose is longer :thinking: I could be wrong though :shrugs:

@ Jenie… :yes: @ Starger(?) I just hated the scenes with his daddy abusing him but, that scene when she went in his throne room was beautiful. All that purple on the wall and although that movie was twisted, the costumes and makeup were gorgeous.

:hug: @ Bombshell. How you and the lil ones today?

Dimpz :rofl: that’s what i do when i’m bored at work. i aint did not SHAT today & im ok with that. i been working my :buttshake: off for the last month or two. phuck these putas! :peace: <—really a bird

cocosilk73 says:

Aunt Sandy, I thought you were going to post the story of Beyonce embarrassing Princess Eugenie at her show…but I guess this story was more of your Bey-hating liking ROFL!

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

That is not Gaga for one…it’s some chick I never heard of…but because of this photo many will be exposed to her

NaijaGal says:

Yup :coffee:

Libra :lol: i always love a random :rollseyes:

i makes me giggle inside :lol:

MzDimplez1123 says:

@ Jenie… @ Starger(?) I just hated the scenes with his daddy abusing him but, that scene when she went in his throne room was beautiful. All that purple on the wall and although that movie was twisted, the costumes and makeup were gorgeous.

Yep those costumes and makeup was pretty awesome ….that’s where this idea came from :tea: by the way its some sick folks that write movies like that , cause that movie to me cray :blink:

Bombshell Esq says:

MzDimplez1123 says:

@ Bombshell. How you and the lil ones today?

———————————-

They started the day off bad as usual but they’re behaving now… they enjoyed the smoked salmon we had for lunch :yes:

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

Her name is Kerli…they say she is a pop singer.

MissTaken says:

@Bomb Can I have a piece of your steak :ashamed:
      These salads with balsalmic vinaigrette is the devil

@ Jenie…When I found out Stephen King got his book treatments from his dreams, I wondered how he sleeps at night. :lol:

@ Muncho..thank you for clearing that up. I still think the unknown’s pic is more artist. :shrug:

That Kerli chick is cute. :yes: I see they do all kinds of looks on her.

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Who is that in the other photo

Someone named Kerii, who I’ve never heard of in my life.

@DIMPZ
      I can’t tell if that’s you or your daughter in your pics!

@ Man…That’s me. :D

Bombshell Esq says:

MissTaken says:

@Bomb Can I have a piece of your steak
      These salads with balsalmic vinaigrette is the devil

————————————-

:egg: Sure thing but I’on if the twins gonna share with you guhl… :rofl:

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

The bittersweet side of Beyonce stealing imitable art is that when she does, she does it well. Perhaps it’s why we give the diva a pass, or two, and will in the future. Let’s also not forget that voice of hers and stage stamina that hypnotizes many into disregarding such acts — after all, words and imagery can only strike a chord or transcend to a degree if they’re executed with astounding talent. From the same articoe

Funny in the movie Dream Girls Beyonce’s character made sure to give big girl her credit but in real life she just roll with it like she thought it up. :lol:

Bombshell Esq says:

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

—————————————

:rofl: You know Aunty only reported the little itty bitty piece that sounded like shade :tea:

Thank yourselves for this Morning Wood and Morning Glory dry spell that we’ve been having. :tea:

MzDimplez1123 says:

:eek: :kona: :twisted:

That Kerli chick is cute.
      :::::::::::::

:pc: and Come on Auntie you can not give us that much credit :shrugs:

I.NealC says:

I Dont Like Her. #Fact

Chelle514 says:

:cell: Is that NIKKI MINAJ in the other picture??

Honey I am so over BE-YAWN-SAY

Chelle514 says:

BOMBSHELL ESQ::

Those BABIES sure are KEE-YOOT :)

libra80sbaby says:

Beyonce and her camp musta realized that “Bow Dow Bi#ches” song was complete and utter trash and devastation cause I aint heard it on the radio or online in a while. :thumbsup:

Trucie says:

LMFAO LOL

ReadingIsFundamental says:

I keep thinking that Bey simply does the artist thing but, tries to promote her legacy as being more …ie a writer, producer, creative thinker for her photo shoots.

In reality, I think she does what she is told and then tries to back track and take the creative credit for whatever it is. Many artists do it but, she gets caught on it more. She then ends up having to make up some story of inspiration after the cat is out of the bag. She probably knew nothing about the other pic above but, someone on her creative team did and straight jacked it.

DoNotDeleteMe says:

Why was I embarassed reading that op-ed? :rofl:

…and the BeyLonde backlash is in full-swing. I love it! :love:

She kicked the media out of her world wide talent show and they are coming to snatch her haystack…err, wig! :thankyou:

typos in mainstream media really sadden me

deedeegirl says:

She ought to stop stealing ish from folks. All that money and she can’t hire someone to come up with some original stuff? She has so many fans they will do whatever she does, it don’t even have to be good or make sense. LOL.

Starr says:

Its classic beyonce….steal from lesser known artist….push it like its your own.

kahmmillion says:

You know its over when white folks start coming for you.

dabunique says:

LOL @ da Bey Hive coming for da reporter on twitter telling her to go bathe in AIDS blood lol

Beyonce thinks she can get away with anything … her stans go crazy thinkin she is the groundbreaking artist when she can’t even come up with a concept without rippin if off … and yes she never gives credit until she is called out on it … and when she is called out she blames others lol

Kerli .. pop dance singer from Estonia, she’s had a few hits on da club charts