Dad Says Walmart Accused Him of Kidnapping His Biracial Daughters

Walmart accused dad of kidnapping daughters

Everything little thing makes headline news these days. It doesn’t matter if the headline news started out with good intentions.

A Prince William County, Virginia man says he will never shop at Walmart again after a security guard accused him of kidnapping his children.

Joseph and his wife Keana are an interracial couple.

Thursday started out normally for Joseph when he took his 3 daughters, a 4-year-old and 2-year-old twins, with him to a Walmart in Potomac Mills in Woodbridge to cash a check.

Joseph, who asked that his last name not be published, told Fox 5 DC that he spent a few extra minutes in the parking lot buckling the girls into their car seats.

Joseph said he went to pick up his wife, Keana, and when they arrived home, they were surprised to see a police officer waiting for them.

Walmart accused dad of kidnapping daughters

“He asks us very sincerely, ‘Hey, I was sent here by Walmart security. I just need to make sure that the children that you have are your own,’” Joseph said.

“I was dumbfounded,” said Keana. “I sat there for a minute and I thought, ‘Did he just ask us if these were our kids knowing what we went through to have our children?’

“He took my ID and asked my 4-year-old to point out who her mother and father were.”

Joseph told Fox 5 that the police officer said a security guard at Walmart called police to report seeing him in the parking lot with the 3 girls. He thought it was strange, the officer added.

When the officer left, Keana called Walmart for an explanation. She told Fox 5 the security guard blamed a “concerned” customer for raising the false alarm.

Keana said the security guard told her, “Well, the customer was concerned because they saw the children with your husband and he didn’t think that they fit. And I said, ‘What do you mean by they don’t fit?’ And I was trying to get her to say it. And she says, ‘Well, they just don’t match up.’”

Walmart issued a brief, grammatically incorrect statement saying, “There’s still a lot of unknowns at this time and we’re currently looking into the situation.”

Despite the recent spate of headline news involving stranger abduction of children, Keana is outraged that citizens are being more proactive in identifying potential kidnapping cases.

Keana says she and her husband will never shop at Walmart again.

• Jail Inmate Sires 5 Babies with Four Female Guards
  • Bombs Explode Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon, Many Spectators Injured
  • Michelle Obama says she was “absolutely not” surprised by the response to her Oscar appearance
  • Jeff, the Man in the wheelchair, is in critical but stable condition

68 Responses to “Dad Says Walmart Accused Him of Kidnapping His Biracial Daughters”

:dead:

Leslie says:

Wow! While I appreciate the concern for children possibly being kidnapped, this case is highly offensive to biracial families.

A.J. says:

This story is all kinds of wrong. I would kindly sue.

I was going to stop shopping at Walmart but now they have this new smaller neighborhood Walmart which is convenient for me and now they are only purchasing items made in the USA.

GAGIRL87 says:

______________________________________________________________________

Hmmmmm :coffee:

Kweenie says:

Well someone with children should be relieved that folk care like they do. I don’t find this offensive at all. And I am a black woman and I would personally laugh if someone thought a lil white girl wasn’t mine. Come on people we live in America. Anything is possible. #noharmnofoul

GAGIRL87 says:

I wanna say something but I won’t :lipssealed:

got damn northern virginia :no: :coffee:

A.J. says:

I wanna say something but I won’t
      :lol: i believe i know what that something is and I’m glad you’re not saying it.

69 says:

_________________________________
      Why not just be glad that there some folks that are trying to look out for children these days rather than trying to harm them. Folks ain’t never satisfied. I bet if this yt man had walked out with these kids and they weren’t his folks would have been hollering: “Did this situation not appear suspect?” GTFOH :rolleyes:

GAGIRL87 says:

69 :hug: & :kiss:

@ AJ :rofl: what I wanna say huh?

libra80sbaby says:

:facepalm:

libra80sbaby says:

Good morning Roses!!! :waves: Ready for my VACATION!!!!

Miany says:

They shouldn’t be mad at Wal-Mart though cuz it was a customer who reported a possible crime and the security acted accordingly…I personally would be a bit upset cuz of the inconvenience of being questioned about my own kid but, it’s refreshing to see that folk care enough to report suspicions. I would’ve kindly thanked the security for his concern then explained to him that my kids are bi-racial and eventhough I’m lily white, they are mine legally, biologically and emotionally. but…that’s just my opinion :tea:

I think the fact that they look biracial would have satisfied my curiousity. I can relate to being cautious. I remember riding beside a car and a little black boy was in the back and an older white man was driving. I rode beside them for a minute trying to see if the little boy looked nervous or scared. And I memorized the license plate in case said little boy showed up on the news as missing. But I didn’t, like, try to follow or approach the man. The way white folk are adopting “colored” children these days…that could have very well been his granddaddy. :coffee:

I think I’ll keep my comments to myself on this post. :kona:

A.J. says:

@ AJ :rofl: what I wanna say huh?
      _______
      shiit you aint finna have me say it. Just know we are >>>>><<<<<

NaijaGal says:

it’s a catch 22…he has every right to be offended…yet you kind of appreciate the fact that people are concerned :shrug:

Morning Libra & thickvachick :waves:

:cosign:

Milky says:

The twins actually look like him right? :scared:

NaijaGal says:

@ AJ what I wanna say huh?
      =====================
      they fit as a couple and that’s all that matters :tea:

Miany says:

:whip: @GaGirl and @:waiting:
      I wanna know what yall thinking :biggrin:

I will say this though, if the concerned customer was worried, why didn’t she check with the missing persons board in the walmart lobby before she went to security?

A.J. says:

somewhat agree but that match up stuff I do not roll with because people adopt and where I live is the interracial melting pot.

GAGIRL87 says:

@ Mainy :kiss:

@ AJ :rofl: come on :kona:

Nakeya_j says:

Morning everyone! …I mean, I can see why he may have felt offended, but like everyone already said, be glad someone cared enough about your kids to think twice. It’s crazy out here. That could of been a crazy situtation.

Miany says:

<~~~~~~she says "yall was calling me everything butta child of god when my mane appeared 'lived in' but these kids get a free pass cuz they mammy shopped at walmart?? oh ok" #Mommy'sStankFace

Smonae says:

VA
      Leslie
      Bedazzled
      Kweenie
      Nakeya

A.J. says:

Morning Nakeya!! What is crazy is policemen at their home waiting on them!!

I watched the “WALL MART” episode of South Park yesterday… :hahaha:

NaijaGal says:

Walmart got the lowest prices so they’ll be back

Smonae :waves:

libra80sbaby says:

:hi: AJ

Smonae says:

The kids look like him to me and thier biracial, so I wouldnt have been alarmed. I can understand why they are offended but at the same time be happy someone cared enough to voice their concern :shrugs:

Miany says:

———
      :rofl: I'm sure if Beyonce shopped at WalMart she'd get a free pass too… But you cant please everyone. She'd end up on the People of Walmart FB page quick! :hahaha:

Roll CALLLLLLLLLLLLL :yahoo:
      Leslie
      Bedazzled
      Kweenie
      KEYA :happy:

NaijaGal says:

===========================
      that’s because you’re more open minded but most folks, especially the elderly aren’t…whites should be with whites…just like if a dark woman is with their lighter damn near whiter child, folks assume she’s the nanny

Smonae says:

Najia :waves:

NaijaGal says:

Walmart got the lowest prices so they’ll be back
      ———-
      According to Trey Parker ‘nem they’ll be working there to get an even better discount on stuff at Wal Mart soon after it reels them back. :lol:

Nakeya_j says:

A.J. says:

Morning Nakeya!! What is crazy is policemen at their home waiting on them!!
      —–
      Mornign AJ!

since everyone says “be happy someone cared enough to voice thier concern” im calling the cops on every lil black kid I see with a yt person :coffee:

Morning Y’all and all who spoke!

Nakeya_j says:

:wave: Heeyyyy VA!!! I love/hate your gravi!!!

NaijaGal says:

SMONAE hey beautiful :waves:

VDot says:

Morning yall :waves:

GA – do you wanna say that he may not be the biological pappy? :coffee: :hahaha:

Morning Vdot :waves:

NaijaGal says:

MILKY :waves:

Smonae says:

Morning Vdot :waves:

Miany says:

:waves: Smonae, Milky, VDot, Nakeya
      @:waiting: :lol: I know if I was Bey I’d be at Walmart shopping it up.

Pickachu Tran says:

I don’t call the cops. But I do pay a little extra attention. I look a little longer just to see if the child looks distressed, nervous, scared. Racist? Closed minded? Maybe a little. But ummm yeah. :shrugs:

Trendsetter says:

Morning All

Morning trend!!

MsB2u says:

Morning everybody
      :waves:

Mr.BluPhi says:

Keana looks ……… tired :shrug:

This story… was the dad acting suspicious? Were the children acting strange? And who kidnaps a kid and goes to a walmart? I dont get it

Lord I cant comment on the :newpost: someone post this for me please. —> :tea:

Keya

You’own like my gravi? He’s being patient and gentle. :rofl:

MsB long time :waves:

Kweenie says:

:clap: I would’ve been grateful that someone was looking out for my children. Kudos to the citizen who took action. Most people don’t care nowadays. :coffee:

In this day of lunatics taking children as their sex slaves you can never be too sure, but if I see a bunch of interracial children that look alike with a white man I doubt I’d be suspicious about them.

69 says:

:clap: You know there’s more to this story. The kids were probably crying and he popped their butts in the parking lot. The concerned customer was right to get involved.

NaijaGal says:

Walmart got the lowest prices so they’ll be back

AlabamaSky says:

That WalMart isn’t too far from my house either. Story sounds about right. :tea:

Crickett says:

Why wait until he left the store? Just by glance at these girls, they favor the father.

theloveyousave says:

He’s kinda looking like a young David Bowie. Wife is kinda giving me Sheryl Underwood steez.

Go-Go Girlie says:

Kweenie says:

Paige says:

“If there is no amber alert out and the kids did no look distressed, then there was no need to be concerned. You can say you’d be grateful cuz a citizen took action, but what if this happened every time this man went out with his kids? These kids are obviously biracial, so my first thought would have been “there mama must be black.”

Cosign!
      My son’s father is biracial, and my son looks exactly like his dad…. light skin…blonde hair…light brown eyes. And.. I wish someone would step to me asking me if he’s mine! From looking at the picture above those girls look alot like their father. This was some messy busy-body trying to start some shyat. As many times as I have seen kids with someone who did’nt look like them, I have never been prompted to call the police. I have seen white kids with white men…who look more like kidnap victims!!