Kandi Burruss

Trey Anthony‘s play ‘da Kink in My Hair’ opened over the weekend at Cobb Energy Center in Atlanta, GA. The play stars Melanie Fiona, Terri J. Vaughn, and Angie Stone (“R&B Divas”). Celebrity guests attending the play included Kandi Burress (pictured above), Towanda Braxton (Pictured below), Nicci Gilbert, Dice Dixon (“La La’s Full Court Life”); former TV reporter JaQuitta Williams, Kendra G., Ebony Steele of Rickey Smiley Morning Show and Dish Nation; Egypt Sherrod of V-103’s Midday Show and HGTV’s Property Virgins; Kimberly Lacy of HGTV’s Curb Appeal, and more.

Read the press release by Angela Watts of AW Media Group after the break.

Towanda Braxton

Trey Anthony’s ‘da Kink in My Hair’ made its Atlanta debut at Cobb Energy Center, starring Melanie Fiona, Terri J. Vaughn, Angie Stone and more

Atlanta, GA, Sept. 7, 2013/PitchEngine.com- Atlanta thespians, celebrities and TV/Film industry notables attended the debut of Trey Anthony’s ‘da Kink in My Hair’ at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center. Starring two-time Grammy Award-winning R&B artist Melanie Fiona, Actress Terri J. Vaughn and R&B Diva’s Angie Stone, the 4-time NAACP Award winning stage play proved to be a production of diverse content, touching audience members of all races, ages, gender and more. Audience members took a step into the Caribbean hair salon and the minds of eight different women of all backgrounds; experiencing a variety of stories facing various trials, tribulations and triumphs. Discussing topics such as race relations, the successful overworked business woman, a mother who lost her child to violence, molestation, sexual orientation and more – ‘da Kink in My Hair’ stage play took audience members on an emotional roller coaster of laughter, tears, anger and absolute joy. Immediately following the play, privy guests attended the private VIP reception at Tailfeathers Piano Bar Lounge hosted by ‘da Kink in My Hair’ full cast including Melanie, Angie and Terri J. Vaughn.

Notable guests in attendance included: Kandi Burress, Towanda Braxton, Casting Director Reuben Cannon, Luchia Ashe of Tyler Perry Studios, Que Parker of 112, R&B Divas Nicci Gilbert, Celebrity Stylist Derek J, Carol Blackmon with Radio One’s Majic 107.5, news anchor JaQuitta Williams, Demetria McKinney, Roger Bobb, president and CEO of BobbCat Films, V-103’s Kendra G., Ebony Steele of Rickey Smiley Morning Show and Dish Nation, Egypt Sherrod of V-103’s Midday Show and HGTV’s Property Virgins, Kimberly Lacy of HGTV’s Curb Appeal, Dice Dixon of La La’s Full Court and more.

Photos: Johnetta Fielder-Pitts and Dennis Byron

54 Responses to “PICS: Kandi Burress, Towanda Braxton, Nicci Gilbert and More Attend Trey Anthony’s ‘da Kink in My Hair’”

coco creamy says:

but they are all wearing Weaves :shrugs:

FuturedocDonte says:

Tawanda got some skrong facial features :huh:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

The length and detail of this post lets me know to keep it cute. Good job everyone. :thumbsup:

But, but nobody dont got no..kink in they hurrs. :|

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

OTB! You used it before when you said one of your kids (son) was a geek/nerd. The emote with the glasses. Don’t be scared I got memory like an elephant :lol:

Kendra G (who the fukk is that :eek: ) betta Southern Belle they asses.
    Scarlett game proper. :yes:

Dem Babies Mama Bombshell Esq says:

:warning: :kona:

OOhhhh. :eek: And There’s Dice. :heart:

*sticks the mic in @Man’s face* Yall can share clothes, bruh. :yes:

Shuga Honey says:

first question imma ask: is kandi a friend of the blog?

what about that whole area between her knees through her ankles? are they?

what about gangrene? is it a friend of the blog?

cuz hunty :no:

But, but nobody dont got no..kink in they hurrs

:thankyou: so i aint have to font it :eek:

sup love? :love:

Found some Kink. :nun: #teamnat #teamscratchmyscalpwheniwant #teamshrinkagesucks

JMO says:

Anyone else see the irony in this post and as you scroll down, to the right, you see the pic of the “mother” who instructed her son to beat the gay out of his older brother?

I know how Kandi keep all her money. :eek:

*giggles* and no I aint gonna tell yall. *hair toss*

MsB2u says:

FuturedocDonte says:

Tawanda got some skrong facial features :huh:
    ————————
    she sure does and not in a good way
    :shrug:

Shuga Honey says:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

good thing i asked first. my computer was hacked by somebody who had some questions. i, on the other hand, think everyone looks gorgeous, even toned and very well moisturized. :yes:

S. Epatha Twerkerson says:

@Kandi that dress makes your waist look as wide as your smile :think:
    @Towanda It looks like the doctors used the leftovers from your sisters surgeries to build your face. I take it you picked the short straw :think:
    @Kendra I just wanna take my prayer cloth and blot some of that grease off your fohead :think:
    @Dice you need to roll again. Looks like you found your outfit in the UPS lost n found box :nono:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Dice bruh :no: even men don’t dress that butch 24/7

mzwhang90210 says:

Me no likey Kandi wiff long hurrr.. :nono:

Towanda looks GREAT!…but I’m feelin some kinda way about those wings on her shoulders.

OAN..re: the DMX post downstairs….I JUST watched a reporter from Jet Mag…interview DMX. OMG :eek: …you could not even UNDERSTAND him..he was tweekin HARD. I mean justa rockin to and fro….and speaking 75 wpm. Broke my heart…dude has one foot in the grave it seems. I :pray: for him.

:hahaha: Okay you narrowed it a lil. This guy :cool: Cool guy?

‘Fore Sandra sold him (car note due) we had an AWESOME cool guy in for this :nerd: :cool:

Miany says:

Found some Kink. #teamnat #teamscratchmyscalpwheniwant #teamshrinkagesucks
    ^^ #teamGOTedges :biggrin: #teamcanjumpintheshowernocap

BrownskinQT says:

I was about to say none of them have natural do’s. But I guess they’re supporting the play :shrug: I just hate the natural vs. relaxed debate. We’re beautiful no matter what our hair texture is.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

———–
    So that’s how we doing it huh? Rough, hard and no lube? :lol:

coco creamy says:

kandi feet look like she been playing in that GEROGIA mud :kona: is her a friend of the BLOG id so :ashamed:

S. Epatha Twerkerson says:

Fayla&BrendenSittinInATreeW-H-I-P-P-I-N-GWhipfinity :whip: says:

:hi:

Anyone else see the irony in this post

I see so much irnoy in all this posts everyday. Im convinced hoping Sandra sitting back laughing too. :lol:

Shuga Honey says:

S. Epatha Twerkerson says:

@Kandi that dress makes your waist look as wide as your smile

:dead:

and speaking 75 wpm.

:shocked: Thas up from his normal 65mph!!! :woohoo: <—panic.

JMO says:

Anyone else see the irony in this post

I see so much irony in all this posts everyday. I’m convinced hoping Sandra sitting back laughing too. :lol:
    __________________________

mmhmm :coffee:

Anna says:

Shuga Honey says:

first question imma ask: is kandi a friend of the blog?

~~~~~~~~~~
    Are she and Tiny still friends?

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

No not the shade/sunglasses cool guy. I have used him before :cool: you know when I was being petty — I mean witty :lol:
    Who knows the emote code for the one with glasses?
    :glasses:
    :smart:

what about gangrene? is it a friend of the blog?

You ev… :crying1: :rofl:

Shuga Honey says:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Dice bruh even men don’t dress that butch 24/7

:lol: @ bruh

i die too mannie times messin with yall un-koof, un-culchad asses.

MsPink says:

You should include that the play originally debuted in 2001 (different cast) and was also a TV show of the same name that used to air on Global Television here in Canada. The television show was written and starred Trey Anthony as well. It was a great tv show centred around a Eglinton West hair salon managed by a Jamaican owner and her loud sister (Trey’s character).

It was a great show and I followed it up until it was unfortunately cancelled.

:thinking: I have no ideaR.

mzwhang90210 says:

*brushes Brens hair like Cellie did Shug Avery in the bathtub scene*

:waves:
    MissTake
    JMOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooOOOO
    FayFayyyyyyyyyyy

Ummm…I’ve seen several different posters comment on certain celebrities with remarks like “she has a STRONG face” …or “such and such needs to stop working on her arms, too muscular…”

Seems as though we are only happy with flabby arms and puffy faces?? Ion get it. A (NATURALLY) “sculptured” or “defined” face is NOT a bad thing. Ion get it. :shrugs:

You gotta be talking about old cool emote. Dark big glasses?

:newpost: Proud godmother Tiny

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

I just heard the lol Daryl UEONO :ghost:
    I was shaking trying not to laugh and I let out a yelp and snort until I coughed and dry heaved.
    I quit dis BISH :dead:

Dem Babies Mama Bombshell Esq says:

Whang :tea:

I see we have a Road Scowler in the house :eek:

DTTS! :hug: sup muffin??

S. Epatha Twerkerson says:

@Kandi that dress makes your waist look as wide as your smile :think:

:dead: :ghost:

how was ur weekend BERK? :lick:

Whangdang! :woohoo: long time no font! how u be?

S. Epatha Twerkerson says:

*brushes Brens hair like Cellie did Shug Avery in the bathtub scene*

:rofl: WhizzzzzNang :kiss:

just hate the natural vs. relaxed debate.

No debate. At least not here. We just joshing. We #teamhealthyhair no matter the state. :yes :

*runs hands thru @Jenies hair* Cant do that with mine. Kinks aint having it. Hers long and strong tho.

Kandi has worse trunks the Alicia Keys
    :newpost:
    On Monic’s baby

S. Epatha Twerkerson says:

how was ur weekend BERK? :lick:

Horrible. Thanks for asking, otb didnt even bother :tea: How was yours?

_______

Those features have been forever classified as male features. Fem brings to mind images of softness and roundness. I dont agree. JS.

Ty says:

:crying: :rofl:

Lady_Elle says:

I saw the show on Friday night… it was entertaining.

I enjoyed it.

Kandi has cankles.

Miapluck says:

Oxymoron…The “kink” in my hair…up top…