Judge to decide whether to revoke Marissa Alexander’s bond

Marissa Alexander

Marissa Alexander could wind up back behind bars today if a judge decides to revoke her bond for running errands.

Alexander, 33, was sentenced to 30 years in prison for firing what she called a “warning shot” at her estranged husband who was at her home to pick up their son. The prosecution had argued that Alexander stalked her ex-husband because she had trouble letting go.

Alexander was convicted of aggravated assault with a firearm. But in September, an appeals court ordered Alexander released on $150,000 bond after her case received worldwide news coverage.

The appeals court ordered a new trial for Alexander, because the jury received improper instructions regarding her Stand Your Ground defense. The new trial is set for March.

Alexander was released in November to home detention with strict conditions regarding her movements. But she violated the conditions of her house arrest by running “errands.”

A judge will decide on Friday whether to throw Alexander back in prison.

“She continues to demonstrate her utter disregard for conforming her behavior to the rules … [others] must abide by,” state prosecutors wrote in a motion filed Tuesday.

Alexander’s lawyers argued that the state’s attorneys knew she received permission to run household errands. It isn’t clear who gave her the permission.

49 Responses to “Judge to decide whether to revoke Marissa Alexander’s bond”

I knew she was guilty when I first heard about this case. I bet her “household errands” were in the vicinity of her ex-husband’s house. Some women never learn. :coffee:

Come on now Marrisa stay ya azz at gome :coffee: you facing 30yrs …. getting to comfortable… you are not out the woods chile :tea:

i :heart: sandrarose time warner can kiss my puppylove says:

———————————-

And OJ wrote a damn book and committed a robbery. :pigsfly: beat up his wife and babymama and has been pulled over multiple times.

The only one who learned a lesson was Casey Anthony. When was the last time you heard from her?

Good Morning SANDRitA
    Jenieeeeeeeee

TGIF!

Ms.Alexander needs to get it together and GET HER MIND right.
    Hopefully she WAS doing the right thing with permission.And SEE now how easily it is to go back to prison.
    TOO MANY PEOPLE FOUGHT For her to be able to be free right now,for her to go awry.

puppYloVE :happy: how R the PUPS?

Atypical says:

She was going to the bank. Oh and her husband was beating her.Thats why she was using the Stand Your Ground defense, she wasnt stalking him. (From what i read)That’s why she fired her warning shot. @SandraRose Do you dont think it’s weird her prosecutor is going hard in the paint about this lady going to the bank, but George Zimmerman’s prosecutor practically helped his defense. Lol. Or that this lady got 20 years for shooting a wall but George Zimmerman walked away after shooting a person. If she was a white lady she would’ve been free…#filesnails

Milky says:

Luvn and jenie :kiss:

Good morning jeniefrumdabloc, i :heart: sandrarose time warner can kiss my puppylove, luVn_liFe…, Atypical and Milky. :waves:

Milky says:

Morning Ms. Rose :hug:

Milky :bounce: Morning, R ya’ll thawing out over there?

Milky says:

Luvn yes finally. It is 32 degrees right now. Feels like.a heatwave compared to that -40..

kamadiva says:

I read (from HuffPost) that she picked up or dropped off relatives at the airport and regular household errands, like the grocery store and mall. Also read that the Sheriff’s officer assigned to her was aware of each errand.

I am on the fence about her case…a few things have me questioning her behaviour. She had restraining orders against her husband prior to marrying him, but had the no-contact removed when she became pregnant with their child. Then…she married him, but left him and moved out 2 weeks later. 2 months later, she went back, stayed at their home and had breakfast with him and his kids the next morning. A fight happened after he viewed text messages on her phone (that she handed to him). However, after that fight, they were in separate parts of the home and she then tried to leave, but the garage was stuck…so she grabbed her gun and went back in the house…the story gets sketchy here…she either threatened him before getting the gun or he threatened her after she was back in the house and she shot..supposedly in the ceiling (conflicting reports say it was fired into the wall and struck the ceiling)…all while two minor children were present. On the fence if it was Stand Your Ground…if she was able to move freely around after the fight, why not just leave…or call the cops since he had fought you about the text messages…you still had a Restraining Order?

:shrug:

damn MILKY 32, a heat wave :eek:

I wont mention how we have warmed up :|

Caramel Rain says:

At the end of the day, she’s stuck fighting for her freedom and her ex husband is off living his life. Ladies, it’s never worth it. When your done, be done and move on. End of story. Happy Friday!

i :heart: sandrarose time warner can kiss my puppylove says:

@luvin they are fine all in their new homes except this guy he was born with a deformed paw so we are keeping him.

Caramel Rain says:

Thanks for summary kamadiva. Wow, so she had restraining orders with him prior to MARRIAGE?! Hmmm.. :tea:

i :heart: sandrarose time warner can kiss my puppylove says:

Good Morning Sandra. Hope you had a night filled with recuperative sleep.

missyJ says:

@kamadiva

no sense in trying to make sense in what abused women do. Having freedom to move about the house isn’t freedom. Just because a man doesn’t have you chained in his basement doesn’t mean you have the freedom especially with kids involved… plenty of abusers will say, “you can leave but MY kids are staying here”. Would you leave your kids there?

Abuse isn’t just physical and rarely just starts off as a punch in the face, everyone always wants to ask “Well why didn’t you leave?” It is never that simple, even though it seems to be…

kamadiva says:

Marissa Lexander is a woman who believes rules don’t apply to her. I’m sure if the sheriff’s office was aware of her errands a judge would not be considering revoking her bond and throwing her back in prison. Obviously there is more to this story, such as she was in the vicinity of her ex-husband’s house. Some women never learn. :coffee:

lovezoe says:

Sad. Stay your tail home. The sane people fighting for your release should have no problem foung to the grocery store for you

i :heart: sandrarose time warner can kiss my puppylove says:

Milky 32? -40? My southern cal brain does not understand these numbers.

kamadiva says:

@ Caramel – yep..yet you get pregnant by him and still marry him? He was beating her before. She doesn’t display good judgement or being able to make good decisions…. SMH

Milky :happy: Caramel :hug: Iheart :kiss:

Milky says:

Booo @luvn

lovezoe says:

So I’m listening to the news this morning and on some show tingly they are asking are BLACK woman getting too comfortable with man sharing. Cuz we the only ones who shares. Hey LeAnn Rimes

Eye of Heart says:

Morning :waves: Something about this whole story has always seemed off to me. :thinking:

Dammit Hey to everybody that post :facepalm: I need someone to list a rollcall so I can copy and past :lol:

lovezoe says:

:waves: Jenie

DV is a hard thing to escape. I interned at a DV place. I did the female offender. Most times the woman was defending herself.

Milky says:

@iheart :rofl:

i :heart: sandrarose time warner can kiss my puppylove says:

———————————-
    I know someone like this. Its sad and confusing.

Caramel Rain says:

Hey Jenie boo :kiss:

@ Kamdiva.. yep, her judgement is questionable, at best. Dont understand. Physical abuse is my 1# deal breaker.

lovezoe says:

Of course when an issue arises in main stream … it’s a black issue :no: anything to paint us in a bad light….. white folks are so jealous is pitiful… :tea: it’s pretty sad

Caramel Rain says:

She had a restraining order before they got married. There was a history of abuse, yet you go back to him, lift the protection order, marry and have kids with him? Now he off with the next chick and your kids living carefree..

Chile.. that’s too much for a Friday.

Eye of Heart says:

:waves: @Caramel,Jenie,and Zoe.

Caramel Rain says:

:thinking:

kamadiva says:

@ Sandra – could be the Prosecutor received a report that her monitor indicated she was not at home and filed motion after that ?? But I am sure the different levels of the Justice System in FL (and everywhere else) communicates very well with each other and there aren’t any breakdowns. :sarcasm:

Again – she has displayed that she does not make the best decisions

Caramel Rain says:

Eye of Heart :hug: Morning love

Eye of Heart says:

@Caramel, You plan on acting right today or nah? :lol: That post from downstairs had me in TEARS this morning. :rofl:

kamadiva says:

:hi: Jenie, I:heart and Eye of Heart!

Caramel Rain says:

Eye of Heart, :tea: Things went to the LEFT real fast. They had me rolling. :rofl:

free says:

she needs to understand she is not FREE. she is basically in JAIL with the comforts of home.

clearly, this broad is hard of understanding or she would not be in the position she’s in in the first place.

IDK how to feel about this story.

anw_rootbeer says:

lovezoe says:

—————————-
    With the ratio of black men to black women I would assume so!
    I kid kid lol