DJ Beestroh

A popular radio DJ has been charged with aggravated assault following an alleged “shootout” with DeKalb police at a local nightclub early Monday.

Ronald Robinson, 39, aka DJ Beestroh, was shot in the lower abdomen by police at the Velvet Room, according to a source who witnessed the melee. Robinson is in stable condition, DeKalb police Capt. Stephen Fore told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Beestroh was spinning at a listening party for rapper Rick Ross, hosted by Sean “Puff Daddy” Combs at the Velvet Room, a nightclub in the 3300 block of Chamblee Tucker Road.

“For whatever unknown reasons, it appears that this DJ who was involved in the shooting with some others turned and shot at the officers, and that’s when they returned fire,” said DeKalb Public Safety Director Cedric Alexander, according to the AJC. But friends (who were at the scene) are telling a different story.

DJ Beestroh Benz

A confidential source tells Sandrarose.com that DJ Beestroh and another man had been feuding over a female “for weeks.” The simmering hostility between the two men erupted on Sunday night when the man showed up at the Velvet Room with a gun.

After the club closed, sources say, Beestroh escorted two women to his car in the back parking lot at about 4 a.m. The man, reportedly an ex-boyfriend of a woman Beestroh was seeing, approached and fired 3 rounds into the left side of Beestroh’s brand new Mercedes Benz.

The bullets narrowly missed Beestroh and the two women who were sitting in the car.

According to the source, Beestroh jumped out of the car and returned fire at the gunman. The witness counted 13 shell casings scattered on the ground around the Benz — but Beestroh and the two women were not injured.

Moments later, according to the source, two uniformed off-duty DeKalb County officers working at the nightclub responded to the gunfire at the back of the club. The officers reportedly spotted the armed DJ and opened fire on him. Beestroh was hit once and stumbled back inside the nightclub.

Friends say the officers waited for more back up, then entered the nightclub and tackled Beestroh to the floor as friends screamed, “Nooooooooo! That’s DJ Beestroh!”

Beestroh was arrested and transported to Grady Memorial hospital.

The shooting is the second violent incident in as many months involving a popular Atlanta DJ.

DJ Nando was fatally shot as he arrived at his Clayton County home on Jan. 13. Friends believe Nando’s assailant may have followed him home from an adult entertainment club where he worked.

The incident was the second shooting in 2 days at a party featuring Combs. Two men were shot in the leg at a party hosted by Combs, Ross and rapper Fabolous at The Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA) basketball tournament in Charlotte, NC on Saturday.

• Popular Atlanta DJ Wounded in Gunfight With Police at Local Nightclub
  • Slain DJ’s Girlfriend Shonte Renee Speaks
  • Popular DJ Died in His Girlfriend’s Arms
  • Popular Atlanta DJ Shot Dead
  • Photo: Instagram.com

110 Responses to “HOT 107.9’s DJ Beestroh wounded, charged with aggravated assault in shootout with cops at local nightclub”

Beta says:

Smh

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

Looks like that wack French Montana

stupid :tea:

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

Ummmm..I see a couple of posts have been deleted in the last story.unless my phone is acting up

sassyshe says:

I see the radio station has avoided talking about this issue

smdh.

UGH.. Sounds like something from the movie G

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

Oh nevermind,wrong post,lol.

Iola Boylan says:

I’ll wait until evidence is produced. I don’t trust anything the cops say. They falsefy reports, plant evidence, hide evidence. Internal investigations set up to produce results in their favor. It’s horrible. There’s a great example in the news right now of the young Black man who had his car window smashed, head bashed in, and several lies about him grabbing for the pigs gun. His attorney didn’t even believe him. God was truly in his favor. Most aren’t as lucky. It will be interesting to see what if any prison time is given to the fuzz involved. They have been arraigned, but that means nothing in this day and age.

69 says:

Why I ain’t eem never heard of him? :shrug:

OTB
      Diva
      Sans
      LuvN
      DTTS
      MisTaken
      Jenie
      Fayla

And whoever else will be coming in da’reckley.

That post downstairs about them :gay: in the military. Those with small children better get started on that sex education early.

America in 2050 is going to be a freak show. :kona:

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

This the second shooting at a Diddy party within in a week.Be careful Diddy

You damn dumbazz :tea: Hey there 69 :waves:

BrownSkin
      Loyla
      SassyShe
      Beta
      Good Morning All and Missssss Sandra

VDot says:

:thinking: Maybe one of the chicks in the car was an ex-girlfriend of one of the off duty cops. I wouldn’t put it past them. The worst kind of ex, is one in law enforcement. They think they’re above the law.

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

The second story sounds more accurate :yes:

@JL: Why are you confused by who I am :smack: I always put Mistaken in my name. Even Sissyclaws had mistaken and people fonted with me knowing who I was. Man got confused but that was clarified. Then Brownskin :huh: Did it this am for some reason so I said bump it and just changed it to what it is now including the housecoat so no one would be confused. If somebody else pop up with a housecoat *exasperated hands in the air* I don’t know what to do. I will just quit SR

Just Looking says:

America in 2050 is going to be a freak show. :kona:
      We already there. :yes:

fighting over ho3s :no:

I will just quit SR
      —————-
      #LiesToldInTheBlog She know damn well she ain’t about to go no damn where.

69 says:

I’ve lost all faith in the American government, truth be told. If they came on CNN tomorrow and said that Washington has been destroyed, I wouldn’t be surprised. The world keeps spinning but America is spiraling downward and out of control. Real fast and in a hurry.

Who ready for World War III? Russia is ready to challenge the Federal Constitutional Republic known as America. North Korea, China, and the Middle East too. We headed right for a disaster. :no:

Iola Boylan says:

Good morning Just Looking. Very kind of you to greet me. The name name is Iola. Pleasure to make your acquaintanceship :-)

————-
      Grown men still having physical fights over women?! Who does that?! smdh.

this guy is too old for this and the shooter needs to be apprehended immediatedly – he’s clearly a threat to the public at large, smh :no:

Your first name is Ronald you ain’t no thug!!!

And police in dekalb county are shady as hell!!!

Isnt this tHe same guy from Yesterdays Story? Or a new DJ??

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

Hey Just Looking :waves:

oohlalalun says:

Well in his defense he was just returning fire. He’s 39 huh? Roses how old is too old to be up in the club?

Just Looking says:

@Taken – Iono why :shrug: kept thinking you was Bren…I guess the photo.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Roses how old is too old to be up in the club?
      ————-
      Anything past 30 in my opinion. You want to go out to a bar, then cool, but in a club?! Naw, at 39 his behind should of been in a sports bar or home.

:waves: Just Looking

Yay, Charlotte got the CIAA for 6 more years! :bounce:

Get well soon Mr. DJ.

:waves: 69

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Roses how old is too old to be up in the club?
      ————-
      ________________________

cosign hell you can do the same dancing if you want in a bar. :yes:

————–
      Make it 32 :|

…and the award for most dramatic declaration on the blog goes to….
      MisTaken! :clap:
      you gonna quit SR over sissy claws :rofl:

69 says:

Chile it’s about to go down :tea:

VDot says:

_________________________

Besides the fact that 30+ is some arbitrary number, he was working. I mean, he is a DJ, or is it that after 30, they can only DJ weddings and bar mitzhavs?

oohlalalun says:

I was thinking over 30 as well. There’s nothing but trouble in the clubs. I have people on my fb timeline who are grandparents and still go every weekend smh. I don’t get it.

I go to the club while CIAA is here and I’m waaaay past 30. There are over 30 clubs and you can find 60 years old partying there. I wouldn’t go out every weekend, but I have a friend that does.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Besides the fact that 30+ is some arbitrary number, he was working.
      ——-
      If he was there to do his work then ok. I was talking about just chillin and going out.

————
      Maybe it’s because I am over the whole club thing, and have been for some years now. For me it too many drunk people acting a fool. And then it’s always some shyt after the fact. Im good.

Another bish ass dude taking selfies :wtf:

Where the real men at. Da fugg all the men taking their own pics and ish now?!! :blink:

#endrant
      Now lemme go back and read, that pic just sent me off. I wish somebody would send me ‘them’ FOHWTBS #leaveitforthegirls :tea:

VDot says:

Yay, Charlotte got the CIAA for 6 more years!

____________________________

I just got back from Charlotte last night. Yall wore me out, I’m still recovering. :lol:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Another bish ass dude taking selfies
      ————
      Chhillleee…. I don’t like men who love to take selfies, and men who have too many hashtags.

Buttercup says:

===========
      The rut of the issue.

missyJ says:

He ain’t ugly..

I read it, and :shrug:

Whatchall talmbout :popcorn:

———–
      I swear. I cant even get my dude to take a straight pic. He do some stupid shyt so I wont like it Grrr

VDot says:

*****************************

I’m glad you had fun. I did too!! Got to see my baby boo Tristan “Mack” Wilds perform. :yahoo:

BUT this part:

:ghost:
      :casket:

SR, why??!! *snickers*

Is his name pronounced Bistro??? :confused:

missyJ says:

Better Question?

How old is too old to still have club shootouts attached to your name?? :tea: Yes, I’m looking at you Diddy :blink:

San, Thing, and Nakeya :wtf: is GoingS on yo? :lol:

This ish is getting captured (on film-so to speak) for EVER :rofl:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@DTTS I don’t even know, but my dude is not on IG and does not like it. At all. :no:

————
      That shyt is sooo suspect :rofl: You got too much time on yo hands forreal. If it’s not yo business you promoting :stop:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

BUT this part:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      This made me think about Chris Tucker in Money Talks talmbout some "I had 5 of my finest hoes…" "They was all yelling FRANKLIN, FRANKLIN, FRANKLIN" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’m some so sleepy had to go buy me a soda pop :cry: lord give me the strength :pray:

missyJ says:

Better Question?

:gossip: Diddles probably coordinated thee whole entire event :eek: He really wanted ‘ole girl’ in the car with the dj :gossip:

*cues Rumors :whistle:

missyJ says:

What the law in Georgia? Someone fires a gun at me and I can’t fire back? Even if the gun has all it’s papers in order… Interesting… I’m all for state’s rights and what not be I think some stuff needs to just be federal and be done with it.

missyJ says:

Better Question?

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

For the Record, Diddy is too old for a whole lot of stuff he does….

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

I need some food. *random thought*

missyJ says:

*cues Rumors :whistle:
      __________________________

Shyne is somewhere like :kona: not this time you won’t :ha: me again

free says:

**********************

i need to make this shyt my name -> free AKA “Nooooooooo! That’s DJ Beestroh!”

Buttercup says:

What the law in Georgia? Someone fires a gun at me and I can’t fire back?
      ===========
      In GA, you would be well within your rights. Daddy always said to empty the clip in ‘em though. You have to kill ‘em dead if you’re really in fear for your life.

SOTHERNGRL says:

Is everyone else getting this damn The Game thing attacking your computer evertime you refresh.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Shyne is somewhere like not this time you won’t me again
      —————
      Did all that time, and got out of jail with no record deal. smh. Diddy does people so crazy.

———-
      Hell yea :lol:

——
      Yup

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

:offtopic: How about it’s so petty at my job, that they can’t even do employee of the month, because they people here be ready to physically fight over it. And these are grown ass people.

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

San, Thing, and Nakeya :wtf: is GoingS on yo? :lol:
      This ish is getting captured (on film-so to speak) for EVER :rofl:

i think they feel like they're bona fide celebrities, so they want to give their fans/followers insight into their fascinating famous lives :shrug:

Let’s see the 2 “ladies” that caused this shootout :shotsfired:

:lol: I can only imagine :smack:

———–
      Who cares about shyt like that. I care more about my overall paycheck

Buttercup says:

=========
      :lol: Please don’t besmirch #teampetty’s name like that. That’s just childish. Darn a certificate and a parking spot close to the entrance, show me the money!

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

and the award for most dramatic declaration on the blog goes to….
      MisTaken!
      ____________________________
      *slaps your claps down and crosses my arms*
      LET ME HAVE MY FIT :lol:

Nakeya, they ready huh? :box: I filed the most papers this month!
      ——-
      Thing, they need to get a grip :facepalm:

I needs some hi-low sweatshirts :thinking:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@San and Buttercup EXACTLY!! They don’t get money or anything so why be so mad?! I swear I work with high school kids. That’s what most of them act like. It’s just way too much going on in here. Just constant drama. Over nothing.

77 :thinking: What is ALL this about? :thinking: #ijustknowfoodhadgottobeinvolved :tea:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

what type work yall do Keya? like, is this an office setting, or something else?

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

i need to make this shyt my name -> free AKA “Nooooooooo! That’s DJ Beestroh!”
      No :stop: Don’t change your name. Even if you keeps elements of it in there people will still forget you :cry: and confuse you for someone else
      Me being :lame:
      @YOU: I am glad I didn’t see you at CIAA. We didn’t prepare for an earthquake :blink:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@DTTS They were ready to fight over this office party this one time, because someone had a list of who could NOT eat the food they brought. Really miss?! I have never seen anything like it.

I needs some hi-low sweatshirts :thinking:
      What’s that? Do I want one too? :eek:

OAN: I check out your site last week sometime :yes:
      :thumbsup: Matisse is one of my faves (childhood) SO I definitely adore your work. I can see him in your work! :yes:

San ah make ya dance says:

Sometimes I want to go on an assembly line just to get away from people :facepalm: NOt really but yall get the point

She arrives AND ALL OF A SUDDEN THE BLOG IS SLOW NOW….
      MsTake, SR Inc. cannot handle all this weight on the blog at one time :kona:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@Nancy I work in an office setting!!! After I have this kid I just may need to move on from this.

Oh my :facepalm:

What else? :popcorn:

Buttercup says:

I needs some hi-low sweatshirts :thinking:
      ===========
      I was just saw some cute ones, but my mind is too feeble to recall which site I was on.

What’s that? Do I want one too? :eek:

OAN: I check out your site last week sometime :yes:
      —————-
      Yessss I love em. Just a lil short in the front give it a lil something. Would love for shoulders to be out…

:thankyou: You just made me smile. Its nice when someone knows a lil background on Art :yahoo: :hug:

Now, I really know why your throat hurts :tea: #wildweekendorfoodoverload :kona:

Iola Boylan says:

Good morning Just Looking. Very kind of you to greet me.

Good morning, Lola. Welcome to the fan. Someone will be along momentarily with your Welcome packet. Please abide by the rules: no name calling, no cheating with OPP, etc. :yes:

____________________________
      *slaps your claps down and crosses my arms*
      LET ME HAVE MY FIT :lol:

__________________________________

Taken, let me apologize to you… (I’m already in witness protection from a previous post… don’t winmill me bruh :no: ) :rofl:

SOTHERNGRL says:

***************************
      All I know is that you just better laugh at them fools As long as none of the drama is towards you. We want a nice calm pregnancy with a big Ol healthy baby girl.

—————–

Buttercup says:

============
      :wail: They wouldn’t like me at all, because I we would exchange would be salutations and valedictions.

San, my Mom used to have the Matisse with the lady holding like one vase with one hand, and another one, but the lady one was my fave :love: I could just stare it it all day :eek: The blue :heart:

I can’t picture this sweatshirt, is it like Flashdance? Where? :popcorn:

—————–
      No drama for me. I keep it moving in here. lol. But I do see it all. lol. So you want a girl too?!

Oh and @DTTS people had dates last night for the pool. @Sandra did you want to get in on the due date pool or nah? lol

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

who has the welcome packet for Lola?

Buttercup says:

no cheating with OPP
      ======
      And here comes Auntie with this :rofl:

no cheating with OPP

^^^^^
      When this get added? :popcorn:

Butterummmm Lola only likes to font with OTB, and we are ok with that. She made 2 funnies yesterday so :shrug:

Lola, don’t be mad :nono:

So freaking weird tho :eek:

don’t winmill me bruh :no:
      —————
      :cry: :cry:

Butterummmm Lola only likes to font with OTB
      ——-
      Lola is this true? If so, why is that?

I hear that Keya!
      in the meantime, can you tell us some more of these stories? :kona:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

:newpost:

So freaking weird tho :eek:

(In Kdub’s voice) Crazy, Crazy, Crazy :kona:

I can’t picture this sweatshirt, is it like Flashdance? Where? :popcorn:
      ————-
      :lol: Sooo colorful. Makes everything more interesting and with paint :yes:

this shirt has a lil slit on each side. Just enuf to cover up that :buttshake: Not what I would call a crop sweater, not really flashdance but you making me want some of that too.

oohlalalun says:

Roses how old is too old to be up in the club?

I would say Jay Z’s age: 45. :coffee: