Ebola outbreak in Guinea

The deadly Ebola virus outbreak has spread to Liberia and Sierra Leone from neighboring Guinea, health officials say.

The Ebola outbreak has killed 78 victims so far and the death toll is growing daily. So far four deaths in Liberia and Sierra Leone have been attributed to the deadly Ebola hemorrhagic fever. 2 health care workers are among the 118 new cases of Ebola, ABC News reports. The Ebola outbreak in Guinea is making headlines all over the world, primarily because there is no known cure or treatment for Ebola.

Ebola is 90% fatal. When infection occurs, the devastating symptoms usually begin abruptly. The incubation period (from infection to onset of symptoms) is 2 days to 3 weeks.

The public health concern is so great that Senegal has closed its borders crossing with Guinea until further notice.

Ebola is caused by one of four or five known Ebola viruses. It is unknown which virus caused the outbreak in Guinea. Ebola is highly infectious and contagious. The virus is usually spread via body fluids. The primary source of infection is the dead carcasses of chimpanzee or other primates. Bats and rodents are also known carriers of the infection.

The virus is transmitted to humans who come into contact with or handle the dead carcasses of animals. Transmission is also likely through the oral mucosa (lining of the mouth) and the whites of our eyes (conjunctiva).

Certain Ebola viruses can be transmitted through the air and inhaled into the lungs. For this reason Ebola is categorized as a Class A biological weapon.

Signs and Symptoms

• Severe weakness
  • High fever with chills
  • Muscle pain
  • Chest pain
  • Abdominal pain
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Sore throat
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath
  • Severe headaches
  • Skin rash
  • Raised, red bumps, discolored skin
  • Uncontrolled bleeding from all openings
  • Coma
  • Death
  • The virus spreads quickly in poor, underdeveloped countries where basic hygiene and hand washing are not routinely practiced. Since Ebola is highly contagious, even after the patient is dead, bodies are cremated immediately.

An Ebola outbreak is not likely to occur in the United States where hand washing, needle disposal and sanitation techniques are strictly adhered to. Once a patient is identified in the U.S. the patient is isolated from other patients to prevent further spread of the infection.

This has been your Medical Minute.

More Info On the Web

Ebola virus disease – WHO International

Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever – WebMD

Ebola hemorrhagic fever – Medline Plus

Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever Centers for Disease Control (CDC)

DISCLAIMER

Any medical information published on this blog is for your general information only and is not intended as a substitute for informed medical advice. You should not take any action before consulting with your personal physician or a health care provider. Sandrarose.com and its affiliates cannot be held liable for any damages incurred by following advice found on this blog.

92 Responses to “Medical Minute: Deadly Ebola Virus Spreads to Liberia; Can it Spread to America?”

Matchsticks says:

Quarantine!

:shocked:

Sandra, please forgive my ignorance, but who, exactly, would be handling “dead carcasses of chimpanzee or other primates” and why???!

Matchsticks says:

Quarantine!
      ——————————————————————–
      I give the side eye if a cough sounds suspicious

————
      Ummm… There are still some nasty MF’s here in ‘Murica who dare not wash their hands after handling anything in the latrine, a cold, anything having to do with pets/animals, and anything having to do with food prep. :eek:

•Uncontrolled bleeding from all openings
      ——————————————————————-
      :huh:

Buttercup says:

:bite: I was just reading up on this. I don’t see why it can’t spread to other the U.S. and other countries. I really hope it doesn’t though.

Funny though, most of that stuff would be mistaken for the flu or pneumonia :(

Matchsticks says:

•Uncontrolled bleeding from all openings
      ——————————————————————-
      :huh:

Yep, it liquifies your organs, so you will literally bleed out of your eyes, ears, etc. Anything that is OPEN :scared:

Miss Iyana stay RAZZLING on you hating bishes :nun: says:

Funny though, most of that stuff would be mistaken for the flu or pneumonia :(
      ———————————————————————
      EXACTLY!
      Let me keep an eye out for my ears bleeding…Yeezus

So, how is ebola treated, with steroids, motrin and antibiotics?

Buttercup says:

Uncontrolled bleeding from all openings
      ===========
      This reminded me of a lady who used to dabble with putting a rut on people. She once told my grandma that she would make so that my granny could wear drawers. When she died my grandma said, “She was bleeding from every orifice. Who couldn’t wear draws then? :coffee:

libra80sbaby says:

So I guess when folk be coming in to work with a hangover, I gotta stop tellin them they look like they got the walking ebola??! Ok :kona:

Matchsticks says:

Miss Iyana stay RAZZLING on you hating bishes :nun: says:

So, how is ebola treated, with steroids, motrin and antibiotics?
      _________

good question, from what I understand it acts so damn fast nothing CAN control it much…that movie ‘Outbreak’ scared the crap out of me…

Matchsticks says:

•Uncontrolled bleeding from all openings
      ——————————————————————-
      :huh:

—————————————————————-
      See? This is too much….

Bleeding from your vag – Oh, it’s my period…no biggie

Bleeding from Uranus – Oh, it’s ‘roids…no biggie

Bleeding from your nose – Oh, it’s allergies…no biggie

Bleeding from your ear – Nigguh get me to the ER STAT! I got Ebola!!!

:no:

libra80sbaby says:

—————————————————————–
      Call it what the alabasters do…The Brown Bottle Flu

libra80sbaby says:

See? This is too much….
      Bleeding from your vag – Oh, it’s my period…no biggie
      Bleeding from Uranus – Oh, it’s ‘roids…no biggie
      Bleeding from your nose – Oh, it’s allergies…no biggie
      Bleeding from your ear – Nigguh get me to the ER STAT! I got Ebola!!!
      :no:
      ————————
      And by then…it’ll be too late :(

——-
      Is this an expression? :lol:

deedeegirl says:

Contagion.

deedeegirl says:

Contagion.
      ——————————————————————–
      When the “conscious uncoupler” seized out and stiffened up?!?!

Shhhhiiiiiddddddddd

Pretty Brown Eyes says:

Dang it! I’m already slightly OCD and a bit of a germaphob this is just gonna send me over the edge and folk always wanna hug or touch me…I hate that anyway. I’mma start tellin folk due to the impending Ebola virus that may or may not be on its way to the US you can’t touch me. Or I’m gonna have to wrap myself in plastic wrap.

Just Looking says:

See? This is too much….
      Bleeding from your vag – Oh, it’s my period…no biggie
      Bleeding from Uranus – Oh, it’s ‘roids…no biggie
      Bleeding from your nose – Oh, it’s allergies…no biggie
      Bleeding from your ear – Nigguh get me to the ER STAT! I got Ebola!!!
      :no:
      _=========_____==============
      Bleeding ear. :dead: :ghost: Whew I HOLLERED. :casket:

^^^^^^^
      :bounce: There it is! I thought I had lost this bullet! I saved it for MsTake :grill: It’s beef-flavoured :D

Buttercup says:

Is this an expression? :lol:
      ========
      I’on think so, Razz. I think she meant it literally. Before the lady died, it looked like her lips turned inside out and looked like a puss <— my granny's words. I think all of the "hoodoo" she dabbled in came back to bite her.

I read this fb post about this girl saying how she would put her monthly in her bf’s spaghetti to make him love her (this was recent) and all I could think was A. Why are people still doing this? B. When someone screenshots this shyt to her BF he’s going to :whip: that ass!!

lourie says:

i remember whn this happened abt 15 yrs ago in 1 of the african nations. they finally got a handle on it through the use of chlorine bleach. bleach also kills aids and anthrax but is unfortunately toxic inside the human body

Maybe this is a terrorist plot :eek:

You ain’t lying Razz! These folk take for granted that they are ‘clean’ and don’t need to warsh – they come out of the stall, smooth their hair, and go meet their lunch date; :hurl:
      And I know we got a coupla cat ladies round here… ain’t no telling what they might do with ‘Fluffy’ when he finally croak :no: (and let’s not get on the weirdos who are harboring illegal wild pets, monkeys, etc., or those unchecked int’l travelers) :bite:

Buttercup says:

Maybe this is a terrorist plot :eek:
      =========
      I initially had this thought too. Then I chalked it up to me watching too much tv…24 to be specific.

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

^^^^^^^
      ———————————————————————
      Saving a lil sumthin sumthin for her fo' later, huh?

You ILL a good fren :lol:

Buttuh-so yo granny didn’t wear drawls then, since you meant littterally? OOOOhhhh She old school freak nasty :lol: Just kidding. :kona:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

•Uncontrolled bleeding from all openings
      ————————————
      Who been to Chris Bosh house and saw one of his back door porties :kona:

I had to SAY SOMETHING to the Engine lady here a while byke, and now she’s all :nun: when she washes her hands.

ION care! IF something affects me! I say something. Nicely, though, but I be thinking:
      Bish, you touch the elevator button, bathroom door handle on the outside etc. Wash your fuggin hands :eek:

This reminded me of a lady who used to dabble with putting a rut on people. She once told my grandma that she would make so that my granny could wear drawers. When she died my grandma said, “She was bleeding from every orifice. Who couldn’t wear draws then? :tea:

_____________________________________

Chile, satan is the master of deception; when you tryna curse folk, you need to realize you are the FIRST partaker in that curse :tea:

Buttercup says:

Maybe this is a terrorist plot
      =========
      —–
      I thought this too! :lol:

That’s your beef flavoured bullet :mad: stop misusing it :rofl:

datsmdubya2u says:

@ Sandra

Did you see that story about one of the heirs to the Du Pont Chemical fortune being given probation for ChildRape because the judge said “he wouldn’t fare well in prison”? :cry: The US has very little chance for survival if we cant protect our children from the rich…

34 gave me the willies :scared:

Whatchall talmbout?

that movie ‘Outbreak’ scared the crap out of me…

:shocked: I forgot all about that movie! and, here again, A MONKEY! No. Ma’am. :nono:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

That’s your beef flavoured bullet :mad: stop misusing it :rofl:
      ——————————————————————-
      But she isn't misusing it….

Se used it very appropriately…in a Chris Bosh posting :tea:

datsmdubya2u says:

lourie says:

I read that too

Dat! I saw that! Damn shame :no:

He looks like the kind that has long money, and feels like what ever is his, is his, Sicko!

Draya said "that's what strippers do" puppylove says:

One of my coworker’s wiv7has the MRSA virus. I be like :kona: when I see him

Ky, *overdramatic voice*
      But she’s always hungry, always complaining about being hungry, always eating, and then getting right byke hungry :blink:
      I was trying to help, but you know the saying, right ?! :eek:

#iongotnosayingyet :rofl:

folks still dabbling though?!!! :no: :no:

datsmdubya2u says:
      because the judge said “he wouldn’t fare well in prison”?
      ——————————————————————-
      There’s a lot of muhphuckas who wouldn’t ‘fare well’ in prison… :no:

White entitlement strikes again…

datsmdubya2u says:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

Dat! I saw that! Damn shame :no:

——————
      :wtf: You ain't suppose to "fare well" in prison..THAT's THE POINT!!!!!!!!

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

Ky, *overdramatic voice*
      I was trying to help, but you know the saying, right ?! :eek:

#iongotnosayingyet :rofl:
      ——————————————————————–
      Uh…"You can lead a long haired pretty black girl to a beef bullet, but you can't make her save it"

???

Buttercup says:

=========
      :chase: My granny was as pure as the driven snow…but she and my grandiddy did have 15 children. It was a whole lot of rhythm going down :kona:

Did you see that story about one of the heirs to the Du Pont Chemical fortune being given probation for ChildRape because the judge said “he wouldn’t fare well in prison”? The US has very little chance for survival if we cant protect our children from the rich…

__________________________________

This the REAL illuminati at work. The protect their own, no matter what! (And Bey and Jay ain’t eligible for membership.)

datsmdubya2u says:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

Dat! I saw that! Damn shame :no:

——————
      :wtf: You ain't suppose to "fare well" in prison..THAT's THE POINT!!!!!!!!
      ——————————————————————–
      Unless the DOC is putting him in the Oswald Correctional Facility, I think he'd be ok….

Buttercup says:

========
      You have to be playing because this can’t be life. They are trying to make this affluenza a real thing, huh? Sick of it!

I gotta see a ‘thing’ about illuminatee later this week.
      I will tell yall what I see.
      :scared:

Draya said “that’s what strippers do” puppylove says:

One of my coworker’s wiv7has the MRSA virus. I be like when I see him

_______________________________

see, NASTY! (should he even be allowed in the workplace though?)
      I remember this lady in my sister’s office had head lice :hurl: and she STILL came to work!!! – we prob woulda got to tusslin if it was me! the minute she tried to put something in my in-box, that woulda set it AWF!)

This is and has been going on… Our country knows about the children sex slaves and who/what etc.

Buttercup says:

==========
      :yes: You thought they would’ve learned from Miss Celie *does the fangas*

we prob woulda got to tusslin if it was me!
      =========
      :facepalm: Oh, here we go :rofl:

:nite:
      <–is going home before anyone gets to tusslin :lol:

datsmdubya2u says:

Nancy Drew (fka IsThisThingOn) has entered into witness protection :cool: says:

__________________________________

__________________________

:cosign: about Bey and Jay..i saw that “Fabulous Life Of” episode…let dem taxes comeup janky.. illuminati eye or not summabody goin to jail. Yeah try to throw the rocafella symbol at the IRS and the US marshals when they roll up to confiscate ur ish and see what happens… im sure they got some jewish folks watchin that money tho..they’ll be alright.

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

:nite:
      <–is going home before anyone gets to tusslin :lol:
      ——————————————————————
      At least she didn't put an (e) in there… :tea:

:bye: DTTS

i’m just sayin’ …i’m like Pretty Brown Eyes, OCD-ish and germ-phobic. My hands might be a lil ashy, but I don’t catch colds or get the flu

datsmdubya2u says:
      because the judge said “he wouldn’t fare well in prison”?
      ——————————————————————-
      There’s a lot of muhphuckas who wouldn’t ‘fare well’ in prison…

White entitlement strikes again…
      ————
      was about to font this

Buttercup says:

========
      Lil Butter has has lice twice, because this one lady kept sending her kids to daycare because they only had the nits. I was :angry: Who would think that’s acceptable? Someone ended up calling SRS (DFACS) on her :coffee:

Just Looking says:

Period, Mensuration….Just fug nasty in ones’s spaghetti…has gone on for centuries.

That’s ROOT and VOODOO.

BRB…

im sure they got some jewish folks watchin that money tho..they’ll be alright.

…long as they name ain’t Madoff :no: :tea:

LICE? :blink:

Grown folk get Lice in 2014? Nawl how the fukk folks STILL getting lice period is my question.

Someone ended up calling SRS (DFACS) on her :tea:

___________________________

Well “someone” did the right thing! :rofl:

Just Looking says:

———-
      Yeah but the question is WHY the fukk folks still doing it? :blink: :lol: You gotta be a real dumbass or really just don’t care for your own well being in many ways.

This “Du Pont” rapists dude wife said he raped their son too.
      :eek:

datsmdubya2u says:

Miss Iyana stay RAZZLING on you hating bishes :nun: says:

LICE? :blink:

As long as sum nastyazz YT debils are around LICE will be around :angry: <<<<< YT debil scratchin they head

She never said, Razz. but the lady was single w/no kids, so she couldn’t even say she got it cause her or somebody’s kid had it… i dunno… just a narsty arse batch!

Buttercup says:

=========
      Folk are ashamed to notify the school when their kids get it, or they still send them to school when they have it and adults get it from the kids. I’m getting :cuss: just thinking about it. I never got it from Lil Butter. I guess my hair has a little too much going on. I live in a county with one of the highest per capita incomes in the Midwest, and I had to deal with this. I haven’t heard of anyone (sprite or not) getting lice in my po’ dunk hometown in at least a decade :cuss:

Buttercup says:

This “Du Pont” rapists dude wife said he raped their son too.
      =========

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

This “Du Pont” rapists dude wife said he raped their son too.

_____________________________

My God, Man!

see, this some of that ‘I’m so rich and have everything at my disposal so i’ve become bored with the normal excesses, and now can only be stimulated by perversion’ – next he’ll be hanging around the stables…

datsmdubya2u says:

Nancy Drew (fka IsThisThingOn) has entered into witness protection :cool: says:

long as they name ain’t Madoff

___________________________

:rofl: :dead:

Nancy Drew says:

Migrant workers, zoo workers, landowners who find the carcass on their property.

“Richards is a scion of two prominent Delaware families – the du Pont family, who built the worldwide chemical empire, and the Richards family, who co-founded the prestigious corporate law firm Richards Layton & Finger. Du Pont family patriarch Irenee du Pont is his great-grandfather. His father, Robert H. Richards III, was a partner in the law firm until his 2008 retirement.

Richards IV is supported by a trust fund and paid $1.8 million for his 5,800-square-foot mansion near Winterthur Museum”

Man, this nigga was SET. He look like a pig so that money is what made women spread their legs for him to begin with.

Then they say he used to be a camp counselor for kids.
      :facepalm:

Miss Iyana says:

So, how is ebola treated, with steroids, motrin and antibiotics?

*Sigh* :coffee:

@BUTTERCUP
      “This “Du Pont” rapists dude wife said he raped their son too.
      =========
      I would be saying this behind some plexiglass with the help of a phone, because he wouldn’t even be alive to stand trial.”

His wife never pressed criminal charges on the abuse of the son. She suing for money tho. :coffee:

**His son was 19 months old when it happened. The pig admitted to it after failing a polygraph test. **

Miss Iyana stay RAZZLING on you hating bishes :nun: says:

So, how is ebola treated, with steroids, motrin and antibiotics?
      _________

Matchsticks says:

I see that neither of you read my blog. :no:

Thanks, Sandra! :thumbsup:

*note to self: if carcass is ever found on property-just MOVE!* :kona:

Just Looking says:

@Razzle Dazzle Glitter – Not sure, the same reason folks burning black candles, sitting in circles of 6 chanting.

During my Pysh course work, I studied religion and their are some INTERESTING folks out here. You have to remember that some of things rituals have been passed down for centuries.

But that one is just NASTY :vomit: I mean how pressed are you for a man.

Jesus! @Man! This is getting worse and worse! This ‘man’ is an animal (and the wife ain’t much better)! They both need to be lobotomized!

Just Looking says:

Be :banned: <<<<< or read the blog. :waves: <<<<Blog script to you NON readers.

:rofl: :kona:

Just Looking says:

:waves: @ Fancy Nancy

datsmdubya2u says:

@ Man

:shocked: Justice for sale..that judge need to be investigated

How pressed, indeed! Okay, you got him, but how you gonna kiss him knowing what he’s ‘ingested’???!!! In addition to being pressed, YOU NASTY. :hurl:

datsmdubya2u says:

Miss Iyana says:

So, how is ebola treated, with steroids, motrin and antibiotics?

*Sigh* :coffee: