No Bond for Hot 107.9’s DJ Beestroh

No bond for Hot 107.9 DJ Beestroh

No bond has been set for Hot 107.9 DJ Beestroh who was shot by DeKalb County police early Monday following a shootout at a local nightclub.

Beestroh, whose real name is Ronald Robinson, 39, was booked into the DeKalb County Jail, authorities told the AJC Thursday.

Beestroh can be heard on weekends on Hot 107.9 and he spins at the Velvet Room where the shootout took place. At the time of the shooting, he was deejaying at rapper Rick Ross’ album listening party hosted by Sean “Puff Daddy” Combs.

According to a source who witnessed the drama unfold in the early morning hours on Monday, DJ Beestroh and another man exchanged gunfire in the parking lot behind the Velvet Room. The source said the two men had been feuding over a female “for weeks.”

After the club closed at 4 a.m., the man approached Beestroh as he escorted 2 females to his car and fired 3 rounds into the left side of Beestroh’s brand new Mercedes Benz.

Beestroh returned fire and was shot by two uniformed off-duty DeKalb County officers working at the nightclub who responded to the gunfire at the back of the club.

Beestroh was arrested and transported to Grady Memorial hospital for treatment.

• HOT 107.9’s DJ Beestroh wounded, charged with aggravated assault in shootout with cops at local nightclub
  • Popular Atlanta DJ Wounded in Gunfight With Police at Local Nightclub
  • Slain DJ’s Girlfriend Shonte Renee Speaks
  • Popular Atlanta DJ Shot Dead

122 Responses to “No Bond for Hot 107.9’s DJ Beestroh”

two men had been feuding over a female “for weeks.”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      This nukka is ALMOST 4-0 fighting, feuding and SHOOTING over a BISH. Fugg em.

sassyshe says:

Damn

Shyt. :shrug:

Should have been smarter.

@WHO DAT
      “two men had been feuding over a female “for weeks.”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      This nukka is ALMOST 4-0 fighting, feuding and SHOOTING over a BISH. Fugg em.

Like all these foolish incidents, it prolly started off over a girl, but then escalated.

there’s some holes (no pun) in this story though, cause what happened to the OTHER shooter?! :blink:

deedeegirl says:

I think you mean former DJ

Buttercup says:

:no: At some point in time you have to decide that you are too old to get caught up in foolishness.

Iola Boylan says:

I just breezed through this. But. He may get off. People shooting at him, he returns fire. More people show up with guns. He prepares for battle by aiming his weapon. What do off duty uniforms look like? Maybe he was in fear…Oh wait. He’s Black. I don’t think the paper bag test is used in the court of law :think:

This nukka is ALMOST 4-0 fighting, feuding and SHOOTING over a BISH. Fugg em.

Right, he need to be somewhere fighting for his right to a good pension when he retire. :no: He already almost at ‘cat daddy’ status in the club now.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Too old to get caught up in the foolishness
      Too old to be working a job with NO benefits (Do you have a 401k? Life insurance? A dental plan? If you manage to die today…is your mama and your aunties gonna have to fry fish to bury you?)
      Too old to be chasing skirts.
      Too old to be just fuggin dumb.

Iola Boylan says:

5.there’s some holes (no pun) in this story though, cause what happened to the OTHER shooter?!

I see the holes and discrepancies too Bren. Holes lead to reasonable doubt. I would be shocked, but not surprised.

a good pension
      ^^^^^^^^^^^
      Get outta my mine. I just said that. Sure did.

Crickett says:

He was the victim! don’t think he knowingly in the height of things shot at the officers more than likely he thought they were trying to kill him.

Iola Boylan says:

What do off duty uniforms look like?

Exactly like on-duty uniforms. Atlanta and DeKalb counties allow their off-duty officers to side hustle working nightclubs in full uniforms. :shrug:

From the story: The off-duty officers were in full uniform, and identified themselves as officers when they responded to the gunfire

@Bren, he may go down, IF, as someone else suggested last week, it was one of the officers who shot at him about the ‘girl’ …what they call it, the ‘blue wall’ or whatever is what he’s up against if the officer was involved, and down at the courthouse they gonna take the officers’ story as thee truth

deedeegirl says:

I think you mean former DJ

Hopefully he will keep his job at Hot 107.9. I mean, Hot 97 didn’t fire DJ Mister Cee who was arrested multiple times for … you know. :coffee:

Iola Boylan says:

Really? Wow. Well there goes my Exhibit A.

deedeegirl says:

@Sandra I’m just assuming he’ll get some time. No matter what the circumstances.

Iola Boylan says:

Well although MisterrCee provided countless amount of entertainment for us. Even those of us completely unfamiliar with him, his crimes, tho still crimes, were much different :sheep: Altho as stated above, it always boils down to nani :think: Or bussy. Tato tahto :shrugs:

Crickett says:

I agree that he was the victim. The evidence is the bullet holes in his car. I don’t believe he shot at the police. I believe they saw a black man with a gun and started firing. But it’s his word against the cops.

Hot 97 didn’t fire DJ Mister Cee who was arrested multiple times for … you know
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Hot97 is a hip hop INSTITUTION.

Mister Cee is lengendary. DJ’ing a party for Puffy (This cat. Ronnie) vs working alongside Puffy whilst producing on one of hip-hop’s most highly acclaimed albums EVER (Mister Cee)…is apples to oranges.

We not even gonna get on how purchasing a strong male jaw for head doctor services…pales in comparison to a shoot out with your local police either. Nope :no:

This is why I stopped going to nightclubs in Atlanta: shootouts in the parking lot (well, that and my old age). I don’t even know why they have DJs. No one dances. All they do is stand around staring at the celebrities like zombies. :lol:

And are we gonna talk about…if he works at the club on the regular…he most likely knows the police officers who work there off duty on the regular as well? They work together EVERY WEEKEND sounds like to me? :shrug:

Iola Boylan says:

I don’t believe in age limits for clubs :shrugs: Long as you are dressed your age. And even that depends on your body type. Tasha Mack looked just as good as the Melanie replacement in that dress :yes:

This story needs more detail. What did the women see? What did they say? Whose boyfriend/ex- was shooting at Beeftrough??!! Did he file a report aganest the person who shot up his new ride??!!!

Iola Boylan says:

Sista on the other hand :smack: Some people just can’t carry extra weight at all.

VDot says:

I need more info on this. I dont think he knew they were officers. Officers showed up in the middle of a gun fight..

Iola Boylan says:

Did he file a report aganest the person who shot up his new ride??!!!
      @Bren how could he? Didn’t this all take place on the same night/morn? Can you file a report while being detained :think:

VDot says:

He is cute tho. Whats his inmate number? Ill be his pen pal :yes:

Iola Boylan says:

I don’t believe in age limits for clubs Long as you are dressed your age. And even that depends on your body type. Tasha Mack looked just as good as the Melanie replacement in that dress

Hey if that’s your scene, do you :shrug:
      I just never liked the stand-around clubs anyway. when we did go out to a club, we normally went to the less popular spots where you could actually get your dance on :danban: (and we wasn’t in there trying to get chose anyway). I loves me some loud music. Difference is, now i just go down in the basement and TURN UP! :danban1: :dance:
      Mic Check 1-2 1-2 :whistle: Flashlight – Pfunk *raises lighter* :danban:

Ni ni says:

If you manage to die today…is your mama and your aunties gonna have to fry fish to bury you? :dead: :rofl:

Can you file a report while being detained
      _____________________________

they should have at least taken a statement from him, and if not him, did the ladies file a report????

*raises lighter*

Be careful girl. That synthetic hair catches flame easily :smack:
      Tear the roof off the sucka tear the roof off the sucka :danban:

sweetsjunkie says:

Off Topic:

I’m too excited, I’m getting out tonight. I’m meeting my friends at the daiquiri shop to have a few drinks at 8. There’s a dj there tonight, and with Bad Azz being set free, I know it will be turnt up (lol, my 15 and 17 year old, laughs at me when I say that). I may have to get my daughter to show me a few dance moves, I’m playing, I’m stiffer than cardboard. Our old behinds will probably be home by 10, though.

And WHY is there NO bond? why he just go straight to locked-up status? Take is weapons, take his passport, impound his vehicle (already done i’m sure), etc. I hope this is not a setup to have this guy hurt while he’s being “detained”
      I remma a few years ago this guy was “detained” for running over a cop in a stolen vehicle and killing him. they put him in max security and he still “managed” to hang himself.

sweetsjunkie says:

Normally, our idea of “turnt up” is happy hour at Kona Grill from 3-7. Margaritas and sushi!!!!

sassyshe says:

Its Dekalb PD, Dekalb has their own rules. They keeping him in there just for the hell of it. Theyll probably put him on probation as they will make more money that way.

sassyshe says:

Im just wondering why it was Dekalb PD that responded rather than City of Chamblee or Doraville PD.

:nite: all!

Bren, how about i was about to say “Nite Bren” to my co-worker!? :eek: :rofl:

Bye, Pola :hi:

deedeegirl says:

Only in Georgia does a man get jail time for defending himself against a gunman who shot up his car. :no:

sassyshe says:

Chamblee is in DeKalb County. Chamblee officers only patrol the city of Chamblee. Velvet Room is not in Chamblee or Doraville.

Printing up “Free Beestroh” T’s Now!

His ass is thru!

Iola Boylan says:

“Nite Bren” to my co-worker!?

*Cues your always on my mind by SWV :eek: Noooo Bay bae Nooo Bae bay :whistle:

sassyshe says:

Thanks Sandra

pointhimout says:

I think people are focused on after the shots. Take the cops out of the equation and you have 2 dudes firing shots at each other, grown men, 1 in his 40’s no less. Over a female? Really? When there are 20 women to every man in Atlanta, no way.

I agree that at some point as a grown man, you decide that you’re not fighting in the streets over frivolous bs. Defending yourself (break in ur house, etc) is different. I don’t think this was an after club type only thing, which is irrelevant.

Funny how one incident can quickly change your life forever.

69 says:

Well…

His ass should just be thankful he still alive. I’d like to see the number of folks that die at the hands of DeKalb County officers.

Because if you even LOOK like you fixin to do something, they will shoot you in DeKalb. They don’t play that “ask first” shyt here.

Places folks have been killed by DeKalb officers in broad daylight in front of everybody:

On the side of I-85 near Clairmont Rd
      In the milla of Moreland Ave
      Over by the East Lake YMCA
      Right by McNair
      South DeKalb Mall parking Lot
      The drive in down on the south end of Moreland

In short, they will kill yo ass if you get outta line here. Witnesses or not, they have no fcuks to give. :coffee:

sassyshe says:

:cosign: 69

I wonder if he will be getting back that benz I bet they auction it off so that they can buy some new “police equipment”

sassyshe says:

:offtopic: so luda is asking for the court docs to be sealed because his rep is being ruined. Having a side baby did that

Just Looking says:

Yeah, I agree with DUBBS, however Thanks to Affordable Care Act he can now too have Health Care Insurance.

March 31
      The March deadline will mark the end of the open enrollment period for consumers looking to purchase health insurance plans on the federal health insurance marketplace.

www DOT healthcare DOT gov

Go Get It YOUR INSURANCE

Just Looking says:

Are ya’ll coming back in for 2nd Shift…Hit me on my pager if you do. :bye: <<<<<—- Be BYKE later

Just Looking says:

@Sandra says – That’s what I thought. The same officers work off-duty at those clubs. I’m surprised he didn’t recognize them and vice versa. :shrug:

_________
      Maybe they don’t like this cat? Maybe he STOLT one of their ladies, all of their ladies.

Not a bad look guy for being Light. Not my type, but he looks tall. :yes:

There is something about women being attracted to DJ’s. Maybe it’s their voice? They know the tunes that get the women “started” Look at Biz Markie (GOD BLESS HIS SOUL) Bet even he got groupies.

Diva says:

:wave: hey y’all. Diva been MIA cause she got a job! :danban1:

says:

:hahaha: Boosie locked up AGANE?? less than 24?! :dead: :ban: <—say free Boosie AGANE

then again do he WANT to be free?? :think: :shrug:

:partyhat:

CONGRATS Diva! what u doing now? :hi: FAY, boosie is back in Jail FRFR?

says:

@JustMarried :kiss: iffin yew still here!

Divurrr! :waves: is work code for drank? :huh: LOL

Diva says:

Thanks Luvn, gubment collector

says:

Luvn

chile i WISH i wasn’t true. he got popped for MJ possession :smoke: :facepalm:

Diva says:

:hug: Fay Fay :rofl:

says:

way min. that site look suspect Luvn :huh:

BATON ROUGE – Rapper Lil Boosie finds himself in jail again for marijuana possession. In just less than 24 hours from being released from a Louisiana prison, Lil Boosie has been arrested again for illegal drugs and if found guilty, will receive a minimum of 2 years in prison.

Lil Boosie was barely released from prison yesterday after serving a prison term of about 5 years for multiple crimes including illegal drug possession, violation of probation, federal charges on first-degree murder, etc. It is reported that Louisiana police coincidentally happened to be walking down the street as Boosie walked out the door of an apartment “reaking of weed”. The two officers then searched Boosie and found a bag filled with a quarter-pound of weed in his jacket pocket.

According to Louisiana police officer Julia Alavarez, “I can’t believe he would even dare carry that much marjuana again, well, he was looking for trouble”. Boosie will appear before a judge late March.

lemme see if this real :pc:

says:

:smack:

neva mind SORRY BOOSIE! it’s a fake site :ban:

says:

they gotchu burnin the midnight oil Diva? :hug:

neva mind SORRY BOOSIE! it’s a fake site
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ya never Know whats real these days!
      :goodnite:

DIVA :happy: for you! dont get fired on UR day off for dranking :hug:

Iola Boylan says:

Hey Fay :hi: Still Liyen to kick it huh :rofl: Im over Boos :shrugs: He making YALL look bad :no:

Diva says:

Fay & Luvn in training. I work 8-5 and the site is blocked.

Diva says:

Dog tyed when I gets home. Whew

@Diva – Congrats :danban1: :danban:

Girl ummmm :cell: Need a loan TIA

Just Looking says:

:waves: @ Fay and Just lookn, I mean Bren. Dont even know whos who.

Just Looking says:

How is Boose so INfamous?

That track he had Wipe me down. Did that at my bat mitzvah and quinceanera

I pull up at the club V-I-P
      Gas tank on E but all drinks on me
      (Wipe me down)
      Fresh kicks, fresh white tall tee
      Fresh NFL hat, fresh ‘bauds with the crease
      (Wipe me down)

Head, Shoulders, Chest, Pants Shoes WIPE ME DOWN :nun:

:danban1: :danban: :danban1:

Just Looking says:

Diva talkn bout she on the 8 to 5 shift and the site is blocked…..OHHHH I get it you “work” with DTTS now.

We understand no computars on the TRACK

Bye Guhl…We still love you and understand you need to feed your family. Get some rest

Iola Boylan says:

. Dont even know whos who.

@Mistaken Boosies popularity is all about social media sensationalism. Like Terio. Hittin that Nae Nae. It became cool, rather serious or not to say Free Boosie. Jokes. Now that he’s out, that joke has gone too far :eek: I’d never heard of him but for the Free Boosie campaign. Same with Shawty Lo and his baby Mama show. I’d have never Hurd of them othawize :shrugs:

Just Looking says:

:waves: @ Luvn = Missed you tuday. Laughed more than I posted.

esta mañana

:ghost:

Mr. Ms. Miss Taken

Still don’t know who Shorty Low baby ma gotta a show. HUH. You serious.

S/N – ChicagoLand has begun 10PM EST – This Rahm Emanuel is THE NEW BOSS.

esta mañana

Adiós ceniciento :bye:

:nun: gracias

Me favorito Movie

RHOBH
      Kardashians

Talkn bout she going see about getting a job with Bravo or E

Yesterday, there was a CODE BLUE on my floor in my office. :ghost:

My response was, sure you never know……

Just Looking says:

Reconsidering my efreindship with Gang members on the blog from Chicago.

Starting the list now….TOP OF THE LIST

D….
      Teen Top Chef

These heifers are gang members from Chicago

Iola Boylan says:

81.IF Brenden were here I would tell him, my coworker is moving to CALI on Tuesday. She in for a RUDE awakening…She has watched to much

RHOBH
      Kardashians

Talkn bout she going see about getting a job with Bravo or E

oh yes Mistaken. Rude awakening. Very rude awakening. Try Real Porn Stars of the Sanfernando Valley, and Keeping up with the Gonzalezes :tea:

PumpkinsMama says:

SHADY MITCHES!!! :angry:

Diva says:

PUMPKAN :kiss:

Just Looking says:

Seriously…All of Chicago can’t be that bad?

They making South Central, Compton, Richmond, Fresno, Modesto,
      SE DC, Crossing the Mexican Border and Baltimore look like Disney.

Hey Summer :kiss:

Al Boy Headnod

Just Looking says:

That may be her best bet, her husband got Abraham Lincoln teeth.

69 says:

Iola Boylan says:

Try Keeping up with the Gonzalezes.
      __________________________________
      Brendan NEVER fails to take lives on this site. :rofl: :rofl:

And the fact that I imagined a old azz red Ford Astro van FULL of fcuking Mexican’s doing 80 on a dusty azz highway in SoCal, squabbling in Spanish… :ghost:

Iola Boylan says:

Not Lincoln teeth :rofl: Brenden you is a damn fool :rofl: I don’t follow the drama in the Chi. Depressing.

Just Looking says:

:waves: @69 – Iola is Brenden?

Noooooooooooo :rofl:

@69 – Iola is Brenden?

by Just Looking on Mar 6, 2014 at 10:41 pm

:smack: I thought Brenden was NancyDrew :think:

Just Looking says:

One them gang members from this blog, was trying to get me to fly there for a slice of greasy arse pizza. Unos is everywhere and Garrets popcorn has international shipping. Sorry Charlie, you should have invited me prior to this CNN piece.

by PumpkinsMama on Mar 6, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Screen name looks familiar :think: Did you used to be LongRodSticken :think: I can’t keep up with these name changes :smack:

Iola Boylan says:

Oh you watchin CNN. Haven’t turned to that station ever since Mista Don Jangles went all Stacey Dashish…Fortunately for Him Hwood is run by gays…Dion on the other hand :think: Maybe she should start a petition for them to green light Clueless part 2 :think: I’d sign :yes:

Just Looking says:

Chicagoland not interesting anymore. Made me sad, my head hurts. Sorry if I offended anyone that lives there.

S/N – Leave your family and move west or far east.

Just Looking says:

My criminal justice hubby had to watch it. Meanwhile he snoring….

Gonna turn to rUpAUL dRAG rACE ON…HE’LL WAKE QUICK THEN GIGGLES…

Just Looking says:

@mStAKEN – cLUELESS 2. :think: Let me get back to you on that.

Iola Boylan says:

Whelp Mistaken. Enjoy the drag show. Its after 8. Traffic at the gym is dying which means its time for me to go in. El guapo Los tanos :bye:

I got my EYE :eek: on you Bren. Don’t be tryna drag my good name into your trickery!

Anyway, Naomi Campbell is on w/Andy Cohen wearing a big fro! :nun:

Good Day All!

Hellorw Ms. Nancy and the HARDY Boys….girl this fewl been feeding me those lines for years. Never knewst twas a song.

He, he buys you diamonds
      Bright, sparkling diamonds
      But, believe me, dear, when I say
      That he can give you the world but he’ll never love the way
      I love you

Dag nabit…feels like a fool. :facepalm:

69 says:

Kola Boof (Iola) is Brendan

A blind man can tell his font and he has specific times of day when he posts. Like at night owl, he comes alive. Ion know if he doing this to get nudes out of MAN or if he just being his normal sporadic self. :lol:

Ni ni says:

Happy Friday! I’m gonna finish this eight, then im off for spring break .Sandra, I wish you start watching Mary Mary. Im interested to hear what you have to say about both sisters’ husbands cheating. welp, im out hope everyone hasve good day. Either my phone acting up or this site. iIiI got a weird popop up a min ago. cant correct my typos taking too long.

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Nini thanks for apoiling Mary Mary for me by telling BOTH of the sister’s men cheated :rolleyes: I haven’t watched my DVRs yet :lol: Matta fack I am about to watch scandal now on my phone. HAPPY FRIDAY :hi:

:waves: Taken, Nini, 69, JustLook :woot:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Jenie :waves: I am watching Scandal now on my phone :lol:

Afiya says:

:wave: GOOD MORNING ROSES, THORNS, LURKERS & newbies!

This is what happens when you play with ‘fire’ :shrug: so do the time and STFU!! :smh:

Raining like mad here :(

:bye: :kona:

San ah make ya dance says:

Dwyane Wade admitted to his dirty dog ways of the past in a sweet Instagram post to his fianceé today.

The Miami Heat star named Gabrielle Union his #WomanCrushWednesday and described her as his #beautifulblackqueen. “My Life mistakes gave me you and my life mistakes almost made me lose you but your love has conquered all,” he wrote. “I hope to spend the rest of my life with you.”
      ——————
      :tea:

@JustBrowsing, if he delivered those lines with the same flawless fierceness *snaps finger!* as Ms. Bassey, then you never stood a chance hunny. :phew:

These chicks out now would never touch another mic if they had to compete with a true diva. them>>>>> :bow: :bow: :bow: Shirley B>>>>> :nun:
      #SBstan

Afiya says:

Is there another break baby for DWade? :thinking: WHAT HE DO THIS TIME?? :smh: #sorandom

He is way to d to be playing thug life.

Hey errbody! Good morning :tea:

San ah make ya dance says:

——————
      Ninja sit yo queen azz down somewhere :facepalm: you couldn’t call that duck shyt !

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

DWade :stop: You are doing too much. Before we were all speculating. Now you are confirming it. If you were truly on a break then you would not of been in danger of leaving her and it would not be a mistake. She would have to accept the fact that while NOT together you :hump: other people.
      YOU SOUND HIDEOUS *State Farm voice*

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Oh and Bren and Jl ya’ll better stop using my name in vain *blasphemous thunder clap* Before I smite your font :lol:

Boosie was freed so he could save his bussy and yall can kiss my puppylove says:

I was so tired from this week I forgot Scandal came on last night and went to bed early and I can’t watch it now because I have a docs appt :wail:

Taken, not to judge, but you sounding like a fair weather bride maid. If dwade is queening you Still posed to have his byke :tea:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

@IS: I declined his invite to be a BRIDEMAID when I changed my name. I believe in loyalty :rofl: I am going to let Chris BISH have it. I know he will be more excited about it than me anyways :cheer: < — Chris BISH

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Whew Lord. The inhouse custodian at my job know he be smelling like mold and old clothes. I literally hate to have him come up to my desk every day and talk. I be at my desk like :pc: and he still be like :cell: I BE LIKE SHEDDUP :mad:
      He is one of those old black don’t know they free tell white people he eat fried chicken and they bring him some as a snack face folks…
      I spray febreeze as soon as he leaves :oops:

Taken you said he still round there looking for miss daisy so he can drive her to da sto`?

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

If he has a license for his gun they need to let him go, he was protecting himself otherwise he would have been dead. I’m glad the officers didn’t kill him. I hope he has a good lawyer~